Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

people who do this need to sent to the sun.

Brilladelphia
Jun 26, 2012

Short Penguin posted:

people who do this need to sent to the sun.

When I was a lad I told my dad he was a poopoohead to his face and as punishment he put me in a rocket and fired it straight into the sun and actually I think I'm a better man for it I learnt a valuable lesson that day that was some pro-tier-dadding imho

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

even the kid knows her life is ruined even before she's lived it

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Come on, that has to be fake like the "Run out of after dinner mints? Just freeze some drops of toothpaste!" or whatever other "tip" that was from a magazine.

e:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

One year we pissed off our dad so much that he donated all the gifts we were going to get, kept the boxes, and filled them with large rocks. I have two younger brothers, so it was a lot of presents. Talk about a crying fest.

Another year I sassed my dad, and he made me gather up every one of my toys (including my beloved Super Nintendo) and made me donate them myself while he watched. Those of some pro-tier dad disciplinary maneuvers.

Of course my mom's a big softie and always managed to smuggle out one or two...

Your dad is an abusive rear end in a top hat and shouldn't have been a parent. Sorry for you having a terrible mentally abusive twat of a parent. :smith:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tracula posted:

Sort of reminds me of that one guy who got mad his teenage daughter was saying dumb things on social media so he recorded himself taking out a .45 and emptied the magazine into it and then said she owed him the money for the laptop and the ammunition too. There's teaching a lesson and then there's just being a dick.

Edit: Said video. https://youtu.be/kl1ujzRidmU

Feel like this is probably a can of loving worms I'm opening :v:

Anybody else remember the goon whose judge dad beat her for pirating :filez: and she got it on tape but she was using it to blackmail him and hosed it up.

Made the national news but I think something about the blackmail and the statute of limitations came into play and then she got doxxed as a furrier or something so no one cared anymore.

That guy was like getting off on hitting her though it was really hosed up.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

FCKGW posted:

lol you were a terrible little poo poo when you were a kid

Your dad seems pretty cool.

Actually I'm sorry

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Of course they're from Queensland.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This Bitch Is Scared Of My Big Black Cock

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

syscall girl posted:

That guy was like getting off on hitting her though it was really hosed up.

I was thinking this watching that laptop shooting video. There's no way he didn't have a goddamn hardon after the first round.

Just judging by what happened in the video he probably went from 0 to 11 without anything in between. I dunno maybe you could just... Talk it over with her?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sagebrush posted:

This Bitch Is Scared Of My Big Black Cock

:eyepop:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Petit Gregory posted:

Of course they're from Queensland.

And from the Gold Coast to boot.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

ratbert90 posted:

Your dad is an abusive rear end in a top hat and shouldn't have been a parent. Sorry for you having a terrible mentally abusive twat of a parent. :smith:

I mean, I certainly don't feel mentally abused. I feel like I learned a lot about what a sense of entitlement I had, thinking I deserved a ton of presents every year for basically no reason, especially when other kids were poor and had nothing. Why reward a kid who was admittedly being a brat with expensive toys he didn't appreciate? One time I wouldn't eat dinner so the next Sunday my dad took me to a soup kitchen, same concept.

I posted it as schadenfreude because it's funny to imagine a bunch of squealing kids upset over something relatively inconsequential (see the Jimmy Kimmel Halloween Candy specials), but I'm glad my dad taught me lessons of vary severity on the subject of feeling entitled.

e: I mean gently caress, look at your response. How positively goonish.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

I mean, I certainly don't feel mentally abused. I feel like I learned a lot about what a sense of entitlement I had, thinking I deserved a ton of presents every year for basically no reason, especially when other kids were poor and had nothing. Why reward a kid who was admittedly being a brat with expensive toys he didn't appreciate? One time I wouldn't eat dinner so the next Sunday my dad took me to a soup kitchen, same concept.

I posted it as schadenfreude because it's funny to imagine a bunch of squealing kids upset over something relatively inconsequential (see the Jimmy Kimmel Halloween Candy specials), but I'm glad my dad taught me lessons of vary severity on the subject of feeling entitled.

e: I mean gently caress, look at your response. How positively goonish.

My response comes from me being a foster parent and seeing mental abuse first hand.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
How can kids believe in Santa if they never get coal in their stockings?

Do we have to get Krampus involved?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Goons: <Stories of rear end in a top hat parents>

Ratbert90: I am genuinely sorry you had rear end in a top hat parents :smith:

Goons: Lol lookit this pussy

The cycle of abuse continues.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ratbert90 posted:

My response comes from me being a foster parent and seeing mental abuse first hand.

God, you're such a piece of poo poo. :rolleye:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ratbert90 posted:

Yeah, hang on a second....

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Lol lookit this pussy

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A bunch of bitch idiots had their bideo james taken way by their loving pops to make them stop being bitch idiots and now they're scarred and can't talk to women without pissing themselves. Goons indeed.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ratbert90 posted:

It's true, being a good parent means being pro-consumerism.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, buying video games for a kid and then forcing them to get rid of them later sends a powerful anti-consumerism message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isp8Liu_myM

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

canyoneer posted:

Yeah, buying video games for a kid and then forcing them to get rid of them later sends a powerful anti-consumerism message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isp8Liu_myM

I love that he can laugh at himself. Good post thank you.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:siren: E/N IS LEEEEAAAAKKKKIIIIINNNNGGGGG :siren:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I bet your parents didn't even stuff your face into your birthday cake. smdh

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Steady hand on that camera.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Let's have a little palate cleanser

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Lemon posted:

Let's have a little palate cleanser

u mothrfuckr

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

Steady hand on that camera.

That hand belongs to a professional: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Buck_(photographer)

http://www.chrisbuck.com/conceptual/

e: schadenfreude on those who believe you can just shoot such an image

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

More like; being a good parent means you shouldn't teach your children that mild infractions lead to wild over the top punishments that do nothing but harbor ill-will and fear instead of understanding and respect.

Handing out punishments like what Rough Lobster's dad did was not only crazy over the top, but most people who were mentally abused, especially by somebody in a position of power will make plenty of excuses as to how it wasn't mental abuse. Rough Lobster's dad's punishment did absolutely nothing to stop the root of the problem, and instead went straight for the "I have more power than you and thus I can make your life miserable you little poo poo you WILL respect me" angle. It was mentally abusive and power hungry. Just like spanking is physically abusive and only serves a purpose for immediate physical compliance.

FlapYoJacks has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Aug 14, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That's just preparing them for the real world

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
Case in point: Birthday car video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JvtlB_NzI8

Would it be over the top to donate the car after that as punishment? How about going into her room and cleaning out every non-clothing thing she has? Should the same punishment go for an 8 year old? Tough questions, but I'd say that last one is more an 'angry Dad wants revenge' thing than a 'teaching to appreciate' thing.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Phyzzle posted:

Would it be over the top to donate the car after that as punishment? How about going into her room and cleaning out every non-clothing thing she has? Should the same punishment go for an 8 year old? Tough question, but I'd say that last one is more an anger & revenge thing than a teaching to appreciate thing.

If she is acting like that, the parents need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Parenting with the SA forums schadenfreude thread

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ratbert90 posted:

If she is acting like that, the parents need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Her acting is a big problem in that video.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phyzzle posted:

Would it be over the top to donate the car after that as punishment? How about going into her room and cleaning out every non-clothing thing she has? Should the same punishment go for an 8 year old? Tough questions, but I'd say that last one is more an 'angry Dad wants revenge' thing than a 'teaching to appreciate' thing.

Giving her the wrong color car seems like a pretty good punishment though :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The schadenfreude is getting parenting advice from the Something Awful, famous Comedy Forums. Known for its level headed community that have excellent life experience.