Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It was WW3, not the Eugenics Wars, get it right nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
lol even if Trump is serious about finally putting a substantial amount of his own money into this (he isn't) it'll be September by the time the campaign infrastructure evens gets set up.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Speaking as a Connecticut resident, :lol:.

State's not nearly as left leaning as some of our neighbors due to all the rich fucks here, but it's still like +7 for Clinton and I can't see that changing at this point. The conservatives here tend to be more old establishment types.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Asimo posted:

State's not nearly as left leaning as some of our neighbors due to all the rich fucks here, but it's still like +7 for Clinton and I can't see that changing at this point. The conservatives here tend to be more old establishment types.
:eng101: If you have a lot of money, the threat of nuclear annihilation/global collapse means you have more to lose!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
There was a shooting at a Mosque in Queens, head Imam shot:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/08/killed-shooting-york-mosque-160813213229627.html

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

lol even if Trump is serious about finally putting a substantial amount of his own money into this (he isn't) it'll be September by the time the campaign infrastructure evens gets set up.

Wonder how much funding he even has available for that.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Augus posted:

Next Trump will be running against Crooked Donald Trump.
Or is that already happening?

As if Donald Trump could recognize his worst enemy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PerniciousKnid posted:

My nightmare is that we get credible information that Clinton is real bad, like she eats kittens to gain power before important meetings. But Trump obscures the news with his dumb antics, and we have to about-face and try and get him elected by a sceptical public.

That's stupid. You don't eat kittens to gain power. You drink their essence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4voZl28ADM

emdash posted:

Trump says if he loses "I will never ever forgive the people of CT, the people for FL and PA and Ohio, but I love them anyway."

what the hell is that even supposed to mean?

The poor people around his place in Florida are going to get the rear end in a top hat neighbor turned up a couple notches, and it's already at 11 because they are open about finding him tacky and offensive.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

NY Times has somewhat more detailed report:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/13/nyregion/1-killed-in-shooting-outside-mosque-in-queens.html
Sadly looks like both victims died :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Asimo posted:

I grew up in Connecticut, and distinctly remember driving through some quaint little town with my family sometime in the early-mid nineties and coming across a KKK rally in the square. They were getting yelled at and having stuff thrown at them, to be fair, but I'd be willing to bet they didn't travel far to get there.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

speng31b posted:

CNN started doing this. In all the "Trump claims Obama founded ISIS" headlines they started adding a "(but he didn't)" disclaimer in the headline itself to avoid confusion.

https://twitter.com/IanReelDeal/status/738487749406298112

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I'd still vote for Clinton over Trump if it came out that she ate kittens for power.

I'd vote for her if it came out that all 32 people that crazy people claim she murdered, she actually did. Because the alternative is Donald Trump.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

I'd still vote for Clinton over Trump if it came out that she ate kittens for power.

Yeah, it probably says something that I tried to think of what she could actually do to make her worse than Trump in our eyes, and couldn't imagine anything decent.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else think Trump saying he wants "Volunteers supervising polling places" smells a whole hell of a lot like it's intended to be voter intimidation?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

This is how I've been mentally reading every single one of these for months, makes the whole thing a lot more bearable.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Go away.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Eifert Posting posted:

Does anyone else think Trump saying he wants "Volunteers supervising polling places" smells a whole hell of a lot like it's intended to be voter intimidation?

That is the intent yes

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

That is the intent yes

Can anyone remember a case of a major political candidate calling out for this? Seems like a 1930s Bavaria sorta move.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Everyone has volunteer observers in key districts every election though. How is this different?

E: to be clear, yeah the rest of his populism is scary as poo poo, but observers are entry level ground game stuff.

fosborb fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 14, 2016

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Partisan election observers are a normal thing and generally considered innocuous. They're there to be the campaign's eyes and ears at the polls, make sure things like signage rules are being followed, that sort of thing.

Election observers are categorically not allowed to try to impede anyone from voting, challenge voters' eligibility, etc, but Trump's rhetoric has people on edge that his volunteers will try to do just that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

fosborb posted:

Everyone has volunteer observers in key districts every election though. How is this different?

E: to be clear, yeah the rest of his populism is scary as poo poo, but observers are entry level ground game stuff.

Trump probably isn't aware that election observers are a thing. Also he's calling on the average Trump supporter to go out and police the polls, and they clearly don't know anything.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
He told them to bring their guns with them

You literally can not give him the benefit of the doubt on anything he says

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

fosborb posted:

You think Trump is encouraging his fans to sign up for his master class ground game in an orderly fashion?

He wants them to mob polling places the way they mob protestors and press at his rallies.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

rscott posted:

Wait, did he actually? I thought that part was a joke.

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link

rscott posted:

What? Really?

I loathe Trump, but I'm gonna need a source on this one.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CNN's chyron writer is better than the entire network.

hopHeadless
Aug 24, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The other dude's face

Right? It's like you can see his mental process. For a couple of seconds he's frozen in computation- what did she just say? And then if hits him that she really did just hosed up that badly.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

happyhippy posted:

Has the US sold ISIS weapons directly?
I thought all the US poo poo they have they stole from the Iraq military

Hahhahhaa, of course not. But, GOP is gonna GOP, and since ISIS has tonnes of U.S. stuff, it must have been sold directly by Obama and Clinton! Scandal! oh wait is that a fact checker gently caress off you liberal media parasite you're in clinton's pocket and oh well another talking point shot down lets go to the next one.

It is incredible, isn't it?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Partisan election observers are a normal thing and generally considered innocuous. They're there to be the campaign's eyes and ears at the polls, make sure things like signage rules are being followed, that sort of thing.

Election observers are categorically not allowed to try to impede anyone from voting, challenge voters' eligibility, etc, but Trump's rhetoric has people on edge that his volunteers will try to do just that.

Finally, being a nondescript white male pays off, they won't think twice about me!

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

blue squares posted:

I'd vote for her if it came out that all 32 people that crazy people claim she murdered, she actually did. Because the alternative is Donald Trump.

This is a good example of the average hillary supporters complete lack of empathy and their hatred towards mankind.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Know who I want to vote for? The person that makes it illegal to discriminate against felons in housing. I know that's a potentially fatal thing for a politician to say, but I can't rent an apartment in Atlanta even though I make 6 figures and have good credit because I punched a cop (while filming them beat a black person they pulled over) 10 years ago. Sorry to vent but that's bullshit and if they love to pull that whole "tough on crime but make it so people who have committed crimes can integrate back into society" bullshit, it needs to be backed by actual policy. I've never had a problem with getting a job. This is literally the first time my criminal record has come up in 10 years. Never had a problem in either Chicago or NYC.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

gfsincere posted:

Know who I want to vote for? The person that makes it illegal to discriminate against felons in housing. I know that's a potentially fatal thing for a politician to say, but I can't rent an apartment in Atlanta even though I make 6 figures and have good credit because I punched a cop (while filming them beat a black person they pulled over) 10 years ago. Sorry to vent but that's bullshit and if they love to pull that whole "tough on crime but make it so people who have committed crimes can integrate back into society" bullshit, it needs to be backed by actual policy. I've never had a problem with getting a job. This is literally the first time my criminal record has come up in 10 years. Never had a problem in either Chicago or NYC.

Have you talked to a lawyer about your options?

Maybe you can get a pardon.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

The recruitment page for his election observers is headlined "Help Me Stop Crooked Hillary From Rigging This Election!" It's not the worst part of his campaign by a long shot, but it's a little less innocuous than the norm.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Trump's speech after losing in November: "gently caress all of you, I told you to stop Crooked Hillary from cheating and you couldn't even do that! loving losers, all of you. The worst. You're fired."

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

T. Bombastus posted:

The recruitment page for his election observers is headlined "Help Me Stop Crooked Hillary From Rigging This Election!" It's not the worst part of his campaign by a long shot, but it's a little less innocuous than the norm.

This sounds like what a schizophrenic would title their unsuccessful Kickstarter.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yeah election observers are commonplace, in 'mature' democracies they're commonly partisan because it's believed all sides are mature enough to be there to ensure the rules are legitimately followed, rather than turning things to their side. History does back that up for the most part, too. Trump's just spouting off in a way that's gonna get random assholes to go in and go ballistic when they see a black person voting or something. I'm honestly not even sure if Trump has the guile or subtlety to be dogwhistling here though - he may well legitimately have himself convinced that he will lose only if actual cheating occurs and be saying the dumbest poo poo imaginable to prevent it. Course the actual effect would be voter intimidation, no question.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I believe Trump lost the benefit of the doubt when he specified that they'd only be needed at "certain" polling places

Dirt
May 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/764655114309234688

If I am reading that right, it's a poll from Howey Politics/DePauw University, they are rated B- on 538.

Indiana is in the mix now I guess.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dirt posted:

If I am reading that right, it's a poll from Howey Politics/DePauw University, they are rated B- on 538.

On the one hand, it's an internal

On the other hand, it's likely all we're going to get in regards to Indiana polling

On the other hand, I TOLD YOU FUCKERS THAT PICKING PENCE WOULD WIPE OUT TRUMP'S ADVANTAGE IN INDIANA

On the other hand, praise our many-armed goat lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dirt posted:

400 EVs here we come! :getin:

• Locked thread