Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is it fascism yet posted:

do i need to know what shinesparking is before i play a metroid? is it explained anywhere in the games?
Beat it first and then if you really get into them and want to 100 percent everything you can learn it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Is it fascism yet posted:

do i need to know what shinesparking is before i play a metroid? is it explained anywhere in the games?

no

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i think it's conserving the speed boost to do the super high jump/horizontal crash. the game demonstrates how to do the vertical one with a friendly animal but idk if it shows you how to do the horizontal one.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i think metroid other m is the only game in the entire series that actually explains how to execute a shinespark other than super's nonverbal demonstration

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aston posted:

between the Wii U and a gaming PC you can have every game worth playing for like the last 15 years

*sheds a single tear and turns framed picture of bloodbourne box art on its face*

You need a 3ds before a Wii u.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shinesparks are the best move. Classic Goomba stomp

Soral
May 30, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's not a very descriptive name

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's not a very descriptive name

its coolness makes up for the lack of descriptiveness.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Shinesparks are the best move. Classic Goomba stomp

a very satisfying move, esp in zero mission cuz it doesn't take your health away

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the crazy self heal move in super metroid

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

its ~1 month until the nx reveal according to that last leak. we might actually see a new freakin mario game, who knows

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i need nx info now

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
> need know star NX specs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

i need nx info now

me2, although im not sure why since ive already decided ill get it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

elf help book posted:

i need nx info now

we all do

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the nx is a great gamer house that all true nintendo fans may move into

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

the nx is a great gamer house that all true nintendo fans may move into

see you there

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

The Milkman posted:

> need know star NX specs

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Real talk: if nx is a nvidia shield with nintendo branding and games it will be sweet as hell

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You need a 3ds before a Wii u.

I didn't even think of the 3ds just because I assume everyone already owns one

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had a dream the NX reveal was bundled into the end of a Nintendo Direct that was 90% about Pokemon Sun and Moon. I thought that was kind of odd. peace

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had a dream the NX reveal was bundled into the end of a Nintendo Direct that was 90% about Pokemon Sun and Moon. I thought that was kind of odd. peace

That's not that much of a Cassandra prophecy Ninty has done that stuff before

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://my.mixtape.moe/plfnhx.webm

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

just everyone knows i have the phazon suit and have collected 2 more runes. getting around metroid prime is starting to be a little tedious in places because every now and then they lock you in a room and force you to fight enemies when all I'm trying to do is explore.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

just everyone knows i have the phazon suit and have collected 2 more runes. getting around metroid prime is starting to be a little tedious in places because every now and then they lock you in a room and force you to fight enemies when all I'm trying to do is explore.
You get really good at fighting the ghosts. I still had a ton of fun getting 100 percent collectibles without a guide.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah the ghost fights are annoying but super missiles makes mopping them up rly quick at least

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The forced Chozo ghosts fight are the only part of the game I don't like

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the chozo ghosts scared me as a kid. Not fighting them, but the trying to get through rooms and it goes dark and the door won't open and you hjear the weird noise they make, and sometimes you're supposed to be able to leave the room, but the game hides its loading pauses behind doors so the door just isn;'t opening even though it should and the ghost is getting closer :stonk:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

very jealous that trying to jackoff still has metroid prime 2 to play for the very first time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

very jealous that trying to jackoff still has metroid prime 2 to play for the very first time

its been the year of nintendo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i stopped playing paper mario about halfway through and need to go back but it has so many fetch quests i needed a break

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Lets not forget Metroid Prime: Hunters, Other M and Metroid Prime Federation Force

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i stopped playing paper mario about halfway through and need to go back but it has so many fetch quests i needed a break
I just finished Paper Jam today and yeesh. good game but if it had been 15 hours long without like 8-10 hours of filler it would've been much better

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm beginning this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just finished Paper Jam today and yeesh. good game but if it had been 15 hours long without like 8-10 hours of filler it would've been much better

ive only played all the way through bowsers inside story and i liked it a lot but by the time i got to the final parts i was so burned out and just wanted it over

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Lets not forget Metroid Prime: Hunters, Other M and Metroid Prime Federation Force

i have hunters in a box baby

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah paper jam is great but theres so much bullshit in it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

ive only played all the way through bowsers inside story and i liked it a lot but by the time i got to the final parts i was so burned out and just wanted it over

i got to what i thought was gonna be the final boss and when it turned out there was even more to the game and bowser got yet another metroid key for new areas i gave up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i still have pikmin 3 and a bunch of other wiiu games ive barely even touched