Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

8 track betamax posted:

Just downloaded the whole season op and now I'm about to watch episode one. I will keep you poated..................

are u dead, did the scares kill u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I tried to like this show but it felt stretched out and overwrought.

Netflix original programming is getting better though

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I can see overwrought but I felt the pacing was good

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Seemed like they had to stretch out the kids storyline with a lot of grimacing and bickering over Eleven until the teens and adults were ready for the finale.

The Christmas lights were cool but the alphabet thing was used once to no effect, same with the monster trap. Cool idea, neutered payoff.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
ok just finished the first eisode it was pretty good except the recording was sota messed up about half waythrough and the video skipped for a few seconds so a few points off for that but over all a solid 5/10

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

8 track betamax posted:

ok just finished the first eisode it was pretty good except the recording was sota messed up about half waythrough and the video skipped for a few seconds so a few points off for that but over all a solid 5/10

Were there any strange audio glitches, like you heard somebody's voice, really soft but also really clear, just under the static? Like the most beautiful voice you'd ever heard?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

8 track betamax posted:

keep watching and please don't poat us

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

8 track betamax posted:

lol you're a poor

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

8 track betamax posted:

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 14, 2016

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/milliebbrown/status/764798016150704128

https://twitter.com/MatthewModine/status/764833522074943490

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Pudding Huxtable posted:

lol you're a poor

actually it is no laughing madder

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I just want to know what her parents were thinking when they not only named her "Millie Bobby Brown" but then let her use it as her full professional name.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Kevyn posted:

I just want to know what her parents were thinking when they not only named her "Millie Bobby Brown" but then let her use it as her full professional name.

its their prerogative

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
oh poo poo that's what Matthew Modine is from. Jesus, yeah, they need to give that guy a hell of a lot of more material in a season 2, kind of a waste of talent

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

011 in a wig is creepin me out.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

011 in a wig is creepin me out.

i think thats the intent

all the little things, (whether it was the creepy look in eleven's eyes when she was about to go literal firestarter on a bunch of spooks, to the Lazy Boy) in Stranger Things culminated into the greater things

Also Modine played creepy surrogate/doctor really well

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 15, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I had forgotten the sequence of 11 exploring the house and it was so incredibly charming. A combination of great shots, editing and excellent acting, and wordless acting at that.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hopper is a loving boss

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Grey hair Gendo

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I really really really hope Season 2 does not continue from season 1.

Go anthology. That piece of poo poo show AHS is on season 6? now and they at least did this and it's awful. Just don't get us locked on to one group of characters. It's tired

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Fargo season 2 sorta got the best of both worlds, I'd say

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

canyoneer posted:

Fargo season 2 sorta got the best of both worlds, I'd say

I couldn't get through season one due to Billy Bob Thornton being some kind of advanced god. His ability to make everyone else make the stupidest decision possible was some next level poo poo that I'm not prepared to spend my time on.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I just started watching this and it gets really hard to stomach whenever wynona rider is on the screen.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

how me a frog posted:

I just started watching this and it gets really hard to stomach whenever wynona rider is on the screen.

have you come out to your parents yet?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

8-Bit Scholar posted:

have you come out to your parents yet?

What are you talking about? Not enjoying a screeching emotional harpy makes me gay? I mean I get she's upset and irrational but there was no reason to give her that much screen time.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

how me a frog posted:

Not enjoying a screeching emotional harpy makes me gay?

Tell us about your mother.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

vs

Not even a contest

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

how me a frog posted:

What are you talking about? Not enjoying a screeching emotional harpy makes me gay? I mean I get she's upset and irrational but there was no reason to give her that much screen time.

She's a hot mom you homo.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

how me a frog posted:

Nice meltdown happy/joyful

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol screeching emotional harpy it wasn't nearly that bad you pansy

how me a frog posted:

no reason to give her that much screen time.

also she's the only name recognition the cast has so ofc she's got a lot of screen time.

FogHelmut posted:

I couldn't get through season one due to Billy Bob Thornton being some kind of advanced god. His ability to make everyone else make the stupidest decision possible was some next level poo poo that I'm not prepared to spend my time on.

yeah he is basically the Terminator (the most ridiculous scene is in one of the later episodes when a couple FBI dudes are introduced) but to be fair re the bad decision making I feel like kinda the point of Fargo is that people are making dumbass decisions (the movie was def like that anyway)

I... didn't like S2 as much. Got a little toooo fantastical imo would been better if they had a certain deus ex machina remain as a background mystery plot for viewers to go 'wait a minute wtf' a week later.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 15, 2016

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
More like Peg-me Blomquist!

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Aww I want to change my middle name to Bob so I can be Millie Bob

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

i was also hoping for this

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

lmbo dat red text bro what did you do to piss off some gay lady(?)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Nooner stop formatting your posts you dumb prick.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

8-Bit Scholar posted:

mine is a lot like byers mom only mine makes less sense most of the time than thinking a pile of christmas lights is her son talking to her

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I always like the slow reveal of the secret lab/creature/experiments on a show like this. Now so many people know about it. So far the people in the city seem to take it ok. Idk

I'm scared that the 2nd season won't be as good. They'll have to throw more and more fantastical stuff at us. That's always better when it's only hinted at or barely shown :(

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Nooner posted:

lmbo dat red text bro what did you do to piss off some gay lady(?)

he ventured into D&D and dared to imply our lord and savior Hillary Rodham Clinton did bad things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

vs

Not even a contest

To be fair, Shelly Duvall was basically brutalized on-set to get her to that level of shambles.

Also Modine looks like he lost weight since Dark Knight Rises

• Locked thread