Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

it's totally a direct analogy

whether or not they can choose their race vs their gender is immaterial because it isn't your call to make, it's theirs

comparing changing gender to a change of clothes is some extremely lol poo poo my man you're usually smarter than that

It's not the same as changing clothes but it is behavior centric rather than biology centric. And I think that a property owner should have the right to determine the kind of behavior that is and isn't allowed on their property. If someone owns a fancy restaurant and the dress code is black tie for men and evening dress for women, and a very obvious male walks in in an evening dress with all their chest hair poking out of the cleavage window, I don't think it's unreasonable to require them to change regardless of the gender with which that person identifies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Moridin920 posted:

But they're not loving nobody I know irl even knows what those are let alone takes their cues from them. Sorry but some dumb internet poo poo just is dumb internet poo poo.

Not that Alexa is without its issues but:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/jezebel.com
Global Rank 1,467
Rank in United States Flag 365
Third most popular search term: 3 more women baylor
...and you have to remember this is after Hulk ran wild on the Gawker network.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/buzzfeed.com
Global Rank 140
Rank in United States Flag 48
Second most popular search term: Brock Turner

Buzzfeed is way bigger than for example NPR.

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Are there any good men's rights groups?

"all of society is a men's rights group".

The closest by dollars is probably A Voice For Men, who are headed by trolling asshats but they serve as the largest platform for people who actually try to help men (Warren Farrell, Erin Pizzey, etc). They host ICMI- the International Conference on Men's Issues, which just had a massively successful conference in London. If you want to see what they're actually talking about, a good resource is the StudioBrule YouTube channel. From there you can spider out to the individual people and the organizations they run, such as Jonathan Taylor and titleixforall.com, formerly avoiceformalestudents.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

If someone owns a fancy restaurant and the dress code is black tie for men and evening dress for women, and a very obvious male walks in in an evening dress with all their chest hair poking out of the cleavage window, I don't think it's unreasonable to require them to change regardless of the gender with which that person identifies.

lol are you guys gonna make an argument that isn't based on how gross you find people who don't pass or what?

jfc

revdrkevind posted:

Not that Alexa is without its issues but:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/jezebel.com
Global Rank 1,467
Rank in United States Flag 365
Third most popular search term: 3 more women baylor
...and you have to remember this is after Hulk ran wild on the Gawker network.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/buzzfeed.com
Global Rank 140
Rank in United States Flag 48
Second most popular search term: Brock Turner

Buzzfeed is way bigger than for example NPR.

websites designed to get traffic clicks are high in traffic oh snap

idk man I mean alright I might be downplaying it I suppose but imo let me know when Jezebel and Buzzfeed starts affecting policy makers

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 15, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's the difference between banning Black people from your establishment and banning rap music (because you're an rear end in a top hat who automatically conflates the two). Yeah it's a dick move but I still don't think it should be illegal to ban rap music from a place.

I'm don't support these types of prejudicial decisions but I'm worried about the precedent we set by making it illegal to be an rear end in a top hat.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

"Transdisabled" people have already muscled into being speakers at disability conferences, and the concept is already being taken seriously and discussed in some circles. Since everything is a social construct and can be redefined by the individual without ever being questioned this isn't too far our of the world view of some of these people. I guess if they draw the line somewhere at Transracial or Transdisabled the whole house of cards collapses on itself.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

It's the difference between banning Black people from your establishment and banning rap music (because you're an rear end in a top hat who automatically conflates the two). Yeah it's a dick move but I still don't think it should be illegal to ban rap music from a place.

I'm don't support these types of prejudicial decisions but I'm worried about the precedent we set by making it illegal to be an rear end in a top hat.

So if a transwoman passes and you can't tell, it's fine?

what's the litmus test here because 'chest hair poking out' isn't gonna wash.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moridin920 posted:

let's try a different tack: let's say alright I agree let's pass some laws saying men for men's bathrooms and women for women's bathrooms and no funny stuff

how do you enforce such a thing? Just those who don't pass get the cops called and the others roll the hard 6 every time they want to take a piss?

Do you really want to waste taxpayer resources on that? WallyWorld already calls the police out for every minor rear end thing.

A dick shaped hole you have to shove it in to open the man door.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
plus there's the whole issue of 'let me judge what gender you are based on your perceived ugliness'

like lol man there's already people kicking out women (with vaginas from birth and all) from bathrooms because 'she looked like a man' do you really want to feed that poo poo?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

who cares whether you think they pass or not that isn't the fuckin' point HONK HONK

why are you posting like an abject retard

I mean even by your standards

Also I'm not talking only to you. I put down three broad points of contention, these are points that are holistic to the entire thrust of the trans movement.

Moridin920 posted:

plus there's the whole issue of 'let me judge what gender you are based on your perceived ugliness'
like lol man there's already people kicking out women (with vaginas from birth and all) from bathrooms because 'she looked like a man' do you really want to feed that poo poo?

Are you pulling this out of your rear end or are you referencing something specific? Who kicked a biological woman out of the poo poo place?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

So if a transwoman passes and you can't tell, it's fine?

what's the litmus test here because 'chest hair poking out' isn't gonna wash.

If a trans woman passes and you can't tell the law is unenforceable either way so that point is moot.

Isn't the way society treats non-passing transsexuals the real core of the whole issue?

This isn't about who can use what bathroooms with what genitals, this is about whether or not it's legal to be uncomfortable around those who don't pass. Gendered bathrooms are at the forefront of this issue because the entire reason for their existence is to support the comfort zone of the men and women using them.

Let's step away from non-passing transsexuals for a moment and use an attractive woman instead. There is nothing "icky" about an attractive woman and most people consider them pleasant to be around.

Put one in a men's bathroom and the men there will get uncomfortable.

It's not about who's icky or gross it's about comfort and social convention. As long as gendered bathrooms exist it will never be okay to be the "wrong" gender in them so you might as well abolish them altogether because you're never going to "fix" them any other way.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

cuz you guys are posting like abject retards, even by your standards

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Are you pulling this out of your rear end or are you referencing something specific? Who kicked a biological woman out of the poo poo place?

I'm referencing something specific

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/17/woman-accused-being-transgender-kicked-out-walmart/

and that's not even the only one

Applewhite posted:

If a trans woman passes and you can't tell the law is unenforceable either way so that point is moot.

It's not about who's icky or gross it's about comfort and social convention.

lol come on guy there could be a 400lb landwhale dude wiping encrusted smegma off his dick in the men's room and that's chill but a person with a strong jawline and an adam's apple in a dress in the women's room well THAT just violates all decency!!!!!

also, address women getting kicked out of women's bathrooms for not looking hot enough. bc that is sure as poo poo happening already.

bc this is what your arguments support:

quote:

“She said, ‘You are not supposed to be here. You need to leave,’” Ms. Toms said. “So at first I was like, ‘Does she think I work at a different store, and I shouldn’t be in this bathroom?’ So I said, ‘Yes I do,’ and then she flipped me off, and she was like, ‘You’re disgusting,’ and stormed out.

and again for the cheap seats that woman was not trans

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 15, 2016

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Also I'm not talking only to you. I put down three broad points of contention, these are points that are holistic to the entire thrust of the trans movement.

idk i mean its pretty cool af as far as posting styles go or w/e haha just sayin like no one even looks at buzzfeed idk

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Hmm should I spend my morning grinding a dull razorblade into my skin or arguing with moridin about transexual bathrooms? Choices, choices, there truly are too many of them to behold.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Such a case of mistaken identity actually did happen. But this sort of thing is hardly as wide-spread as people make it out to be.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-mistaken-transgender-harassed-walmart-bathroom-article-1.2638748

Unfortunately coloring the numbers takes place on both sides. While I doubt there are that many truly trans- individuals trying to sneak into women's bathrooms and shelters, trans-advocates still continue espouse the whole "1 in 12" chance of death for a trans individual, which has been proven wrong by current murder stats. I'm sure it's an uncomfortable way of life to be trans these days, but if you believed every word these people said then you'd have to accept a picture of the world as a literal anti-trans hellscape. Chances are most of it is inside their (very very sad-brained) heads.

Hell the male-female pay-gap has been constantly debunked as well, even in this very thread. No one wants to waste time on debunked garbage though. They'd rather cling to the new bullshit that's being made up. Our attention spans will be the death of us.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like holy poo poo just let people use whatever bathroom they want I can't believe we gotta pass loving laws about that because some people can't just get over it already "uhhh but my comfort" just take your poo and move on guy

Twelve Batmans posted:

Such a case of mistaken identity actually did happen. But this sort of thing is hardly as wide-spread as people make it out to be.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-mistaken-transgender-harassed-walmart-bathroom-article-1.2638748

chances are as attitudes like Applewhite's become more acceptable, we'll see more cases of this.

there's loving groups of men 'patrolling' bathrooms now you weirdos. and I'm pretty sure the women using those bathrooms feel veeeerrry secure and comfortable. good thing there's men present to let them know they look acceptable enough to use the woman's bathroom!!!

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 15, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a dog from hell posted:

Hmm should I spend my morning grinding a dull razorblade into my skin or arguing with moridin about transexual bathrooms? Choices, choices, there truly are too many of them to behold.

lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I just read the first page and I'm glad we punished the shitposters and let this thread bloom into the shitflower I know it is without reading it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have strong opinions on who should be allowed to use the bathroom, I simply CARE A LOT about women and don't want them to have to deal with icky trans men. people who say existing laws are sufficient to prevent/punish criminal activity thus we should let people use whatever bathroom they like simply do not know the horror of the chest hairs poking out while you're trying to have a wee

HONK HONK

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

like holy poo poo just let people use whatever bathroom they want I can't believe we gotta pass loving laws about that because some people can't just get over it already "uhhh but my comfort" just take your poo and move on guy

Isn't "uhhh but my comfort" the sum total of the counter-argument? If it truly doesn't matter who uses what bathroom then use the bathroom you know society wants you to use. Why should everyone else have to change?

The whole entire point of gendered bathrooms is to keep the "wrong" gender out. If that's not going to be allowed any more then we don't need gendered bathrooms because they serve literally no other purpose.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Isn't "uhhh but my comfort" the sum total of the counter-argument? If it truly doesn't matter who uses what bathroom then use the bathroom you know society wants you to use. Why should everyone else have to change?

The whole entire point of gendered bathrooms is to keep the "wrong" gender out. If that's not going to be allowed any more then we don't need gendered bathrooms because they serve literally no other purpose.

They still serve a social convention purpose dog. The point is, don't let it become a thing where people can harass trans people about bathroom use and be legally protected in doing so. Since it is becoming a thing, some states are passing non-discrimination laws in response. Some people don't like that and imo those people are dumbos. Some of said people are now 'patrolling' bathrooms because they're apparently that bereft of other poo poo to do.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

like holy poo poo just let people use whatever bathroom they want I can't believe we gotta pass loving laws about that

We don't, actually, that's entirely the point.

Applewhite posted:

And this. I don't quite understand it, and outside of validating "trans experience", I fail to see why this issue needs to be forced in any way whatsoever.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

We don't, actually, that's entirely the point.

We do actually, because dumbfucks across the country are harassing citizens about what toilet they want to use.

lol i'm beginning to understand your red text

8-Bit Scholar posted:

And this. I don't quite understand it, and outside of validating "black experience", I fail to see why this issue needs to be forced in any way whatsoever.

i know how dare those minorities want to be treated as equal citizens without worrying about morons harassing them about whether they have the right appearance

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
frankly you could plastic surgery a donkey dick onto your forehead and it'd still be your right as an American to be treated equitably and fairly and if you think otherwise you're prolly just an un-american shitbird

honk honk

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

lol i'm beginning to understand your red text

Wrong again. His red text is extremely shrill and a sign that he is doing something right.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a dog from hell posted:

Wrong again. His red text is extremely shrill and a sign that he is doing something right.

idk how i'm wrong when all I'm saying is 'use whatever bathroom you want and no one should be able to tell you what toilet to use based on your appearance.'

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

i have strong opinions on who should be allowed to use the bathroom, I simply CARE A LOT about women and don't want them to have to deal with icky trans men. people who say existing laws are sufficient to prevent/punish criminal activity thus we should let people use whatever bathroom they like simply do not know the horror of the chest hairs poking out while you're trying to have a wee

HONK HONK

Dude, whatever. I'm pro using the bathroom you identify with but you know what I'm also pro people being allowed to react to you while doing it.

And you know what, if you're a big hairy dude in a woman's dress more power to you you're very brave you go girl etc but guess what you're icky to most people, sorry if that's somehow shocking.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Dude, whatever. I'm pro using the bathroom you identify with but you know what I'm also pro people being allowed to react to you while doing it.

And you know what, if you're a big hairy dude in a woman's dress more power to you you're very brave you go girl etc but guess what you're icky to most people, sorry if that's somehow shocking.

They can react sure, as long as that reaction isn't infringing on the trans person's right to take a piss.

My point is that people can be icked out by hairy dude in a dress, that's fine, but what they CAN'T do is tell hairy dude in a dress what to do and where to go and treat him as a lesser citizen because of it because last I checked this is still goddamn America.

sorry if "people you don't like should still be treated equitably and fairly" is somehow shocking to you

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
we're all just meatbag filth anyway

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

frankly you could plastic surgery a donkey dick onto your forehead and it'd still be your right as an American to be treated equitably and fairly and if you think otherwise you're prolly just an un-american shitbird

honk honk

No it wouldn't. It would absolutely not be your right to be treated equitably and fairly in that scenario, except I guess in the sense that anyone who did such a thing should be equally outcast from all public venues and society at large.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

i know how dare those minorities want to be treated as equal citizens without worrying about morons harassing them about whether they have the right appearance

It is an immensely false equivalent to compare trans persons to black people, for one. Black people are always black--they cannot change their skin color. A trans person has the option to dress like their biological sex. It's not remotely the same thing, and as I said before:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

3. By defining the issue of transgendered persons as a civil rights issue, we are unable to adequately discuss it as a medical one.

To wit, there is no civil right being restricted to a trans person. It is in no way written that one has a right to being the gender of their choice. Trans people ARE treated as equal citizens, in the sense that no law restricts a trans person from voting, owning a business, or serving in government. They are not treated equally in the sense that our society does not really accept that gender is fluid, particularly because there's no evidence to say that it is.

Moridin, you need to be clear--do you think that gender-specific bathrooms serve a valuable function or not? If not, then the issue is mooted--simply vote to establish ALL bathrooms as gender neutral. But if you do, then this is an issue that warrants discussion, reasonable and rational discussion.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

They can react sure, as long as that reaction isn't infringing on the trans person's right to take a piss.

My point is that people can be icked out by hairy dude in a dress, that's fine, but what they CAN'T do is tell hairy dude in a dress what to do and where to go and treat him as a lesser citizen because of it because last I checked this is still goddamn America.

sorry if "people you don't like should still be treated equitably and fairly" is somehow shocking to you

Which amendment to the constitution codifies tranny bathroom rights?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
somebody post that gif of Bailey Jay lookin' all cute and then she shakes her dong under her dress

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Nobody has the right to piss wherever they please and you should respect the wishes of the property owner of where he decides piss should go.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Kingfish posted:

Which amendment to the constitution codifies tranny bathroom rights?

lol is this really your loving argument here like there isn't poo poo tons of federal legislation about hate crimes and protected groups and discrimination against minorities?

Applewhite posted:

No it wouldn't. It would absolutely not be your right to be treated equitably and fairly in that scenario, except I guess in the sense that anyone who did such a thing should be equally outcast from all public venues and society at large.

... loving why? "I am grossed out by person therefore it is cool if I infringe on person's rights" is NOT the statement of a proud red blooded American sorry friend but that sounds like some Sharia bullshit to me

So if you're grossed out by obese people they can't use your bathroom either? I mean hey they chose to be obese right?!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It is an immensely false equivalent to compare trans persons to black people, for one. Black people are always black--they cannot change their skin color. A trans person has the option to dress like their biological sex. It's not remotely the same thing, and as I said before:

you're loving moronic you know that? like for real

"trans people can just dress like I want them to if they want me to treat them like people"

like holy fuckin lol with your rear end

"hurrrr if black people want to use my water fountain they can bleach their skin like MJ"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Nobody has the right to use whichever bathroom they want.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

lol is this really your loving argument here like there isn't poo poo tons of federal legislation about hate crimes and protected groups and discrimination against minorities?

... loving why? "I am grossed out by person therefore it is cool if I infringe on person's rights" is NOT the statement of a proud red blooded American sorry friend but that sounds like some Sharia bullshit to me

So if you're grossed out by obese people they can't use your bathroom either? I mean hey they chose to be obese right?!

You seriously don't understand why someone with a big floppy donkey dong surgically implanted into their forehead might not be welcome in public places? And how that's not unreasonable?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

If you wanted to you could literally bar obese people from shopping in your store or pooping in your toilet. It would be totally legal.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Kingfish posted:

Nobody has the right to use whichever bathroom they want.

that doesn't mean people are allowed to refuse facility access or services based on minority prejudices

honk honk

The Kingfish posted:

If you wanted to you could literally bar obese people from shopping in your store or pooping in your toilet. It would be totally legal.

lol you have obviously never owned property or even managed a business

you're just fuckin' wrong guy you can't have a blanket discriminatory policy like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

bathroom privileges are revoked

• Locked thread