Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TheBigAristotle posted:

Prepare to be whelmed. This is exactly as meaningless and desperate as you think:

Clinton Slips While Stepping Away From Podium to Make Way for Biden

News headline for Democrats: Elderly Woman Occasionally Doesn't Move With Perfect Grace.

News headline for Republicans: HILLARY ON VERGE OF DEATH, CAN WE TRUST HER WITH THE NATION???!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Clearly she's medically unfit for office.
By the time she's finished with her hypothetical second term she's going to be 78, which is the same age as Reagan. :eyepop:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lightning Knight posted:

News headline for Democrats: Elderly Woman Occasionally Doesn't Move With Perfect Grace.

News headline for Republicans: HILLARY ON VERGE OF DEATH, CAN WE TRUST HER WITH THE NATION???!

See also: Me, trying to walk anywhere, do anything

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TheBigAristotle posted:

Prepare to be whelmed. This is exactly as meaningless and desperate as you think:

Are they just seeing something which doesn't exist? I don't see any kind of slip. She just stepped down from a podium that's all.
:confused:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So like, assuming the HILLARY CLINTON IS DYING OF MULTICANCER rumors are true, isn't like that a good thing for the Republicans? It means that Tim "Literally Ned Flanders" Kaine would be president instead of the Queen Alien.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

ImpAtom posted:

So like, assuming the HILLARY CLINTON IS DYING OF MULTICANCER rumors are true, isn't like that a good thing for the Republicans? It means that Tim "Literally Ned Flanders" Kaine would be president instead of the Queen Alien.

It's too late, she's already planted her eggs in him cordyceps style

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

Didn't Dubya trip all the time? Im pretty sure he even dropped a dog once on camera iirc and the Rightwing media whined that the left was making too big a deal out of it. No one asked for his medical history then.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

theflyingorc posted:

See also: Me, trying to walk anywhere, do anything

I know, like what the gently caress. I'm 21 and I trip over every goddamn thing sober. Hillary has better balance than me and she's my grandma's age.

I thought she was 68, not 70? Isn't Trump 70?

It's also super funny that the people most likely to buy into this garbage are old people who probably slip all the time, but when they do it it's no big deal.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ImpAtom posted:

Tim Kaine would probably destroy Trump just as badly in November because while he's not the political animal Hilary is he also doesn't have decades of propaganda tainting his image.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Kaine actually cares about governing though, which goes against everything Republicans stand for.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm a server and I stumble all the drat time, and that's on dry floors!

Thankfullly 100% uptime, so far.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/katrinapierson/status/246383643499577344

Lol this resurfaced on my timeline today.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://www.vox.com/2016/8/15/12481900/milwaukee-riots-police-shooting

Look at this loving uncle tom.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I mean, I think I get what Giuliani was *trying* to say which was that in the eight(ISH) years between the Patriot Act passage and Obama taking office there weren't any (MORE) RIL (I can't even type that out without gagging) attacks on US soil until Obama took office.

Granted, he didn't even know what state he was in,but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as he'd *just* been talking about Pence being at Ground Zero and he didn't *seem* to have a stroke in between those sentences.

Even so, the kind of double-talk it takes to claim that is pretty breathtaking. Given that the Patriot Act keeps getting the re-up, I'm not sure how he can claim that it's all because of the Bammer that terrorist activity is theoretically up, as opposed to any number of other factors.

I won't even get into the complete lack of solutions.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The number of people throwing the equivalent of "race traitor" at Clarke is kind of inappropriate. I loving hate this dude and everything he presently stands for but unless you're a black person you probably shouldn't be calling him racially charged names when there's plenty of racially neutral things to call him, like massive rear end in a top hat prick.

Edit: you guys seriously underestimate how effective Republican gaslighting of the Bush years is. My mom literally doesn't remember who did poo poo in between Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II. She thinks Trump lies but half the poo poo she thinks Clinton or Bush I did.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Chimera-gui posted:

Weren't McCarthy's ideas a complete disaster historically speaking though? I'm pretty sure that they were at best useless and likely did more damage to the country than communism ever could.

Considering we very nearly had a soviet spy as Vice President... but he was about 10 years too late in any event.

Dreadwind
Dec 1, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Please tell me there's a link to a news story on this.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/rudy-giulianis-five-big-lies-about-9-11-6424659

quote:

In the end, firefighters had to rely exclusively on their radios, and the inability of the Giuliani administration to find a replacement for the radios that malfunctioned in 1993 left them unable to talk to each other, even about getting out of a tower on the verge of collapse.

I was able to find a bunch of other articles that alluded to Giuliani not doing poo poo, but instead of investigating it at all they just did the usual he said she said we'll never know for sure.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Iron Rose posted:

Considering we very nearly had a soviet spy as Vice President... but he was about 10 years too late in any event.

Oh gently caress off with this. Of course there were Soviet spies and sympathizers in the US, just like there were American spies and sympathizers in the Soviet Union. McCarthy wasn't rooting out Soviet spies anyways, he was picking fights with political enemies and ruining people's lives for legitimate political opinions they had every right to hold as civilians outside of government. He also had the audacity to challenge the loyalty of the US Military under Dwight D. loving Eisenhower.

gently caress McCarthy, especially because he's from loving Wisconsin.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

something I've been told by my elders that stuck with me: your skinfolk ain't always your kinfolk.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The "Hillary Clinton is too sick to run for office" angle is really stupid because it operates under the assumption that Tim Kaine wouldn't still be a better choice than Trump or Pence. A very bad assumption.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

It's bullshit, but they're going whole-hog with rumors she has seizures.

I posted a few days ago the clip of Hannity on his show talking about this. A reporter asked a question from her peripheral vision and Hillary did one of these 'whoa, easy now' head bobs, and went a little overboard, as corny women trying to be funny can do.

Listening to the faux-concern in Hannity's voice as he asked questions to the effect of "is this normal, is this a person in control of her own body?" fills me with such mixed emotions I'm not sure what to say other than Hannity is a intellectually light-weight shitbag.

Dreadwind posted:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/rudy-giulianis-five-big-lies-about-9-11-6424659

I was able to find a bunch of other articles that alluded to Giuliani not doing poo poo, but instead of investigating it at all they just did the usual he said she said we'll never know for sure.

I was afraid it would come down to that. I'm definitely interested in what I'm reading though, thanks.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh gently caress off with this. Of course there were Soviet spies and sympathizers in the US, just like there were American spies and sympathizers in the Soviet Union. McCarthy wasn't rooting out Soviet spies anyways, he was picking fights with political enemies and ruining people's lives for legitimate political opinions they had every right to hold as civilians outside of government. He also had the audacity to challenge the loyalty of the US Military under Dwight D. loving Eisenhower.

gently caress McCarthy, especially because he's from loving Wisconsin.

Oh absolutely, McCarthy didn't konw poo poo. I just find it intensely ironic that there were absolutely very high ranking soviet spies in the American government, and we were two deaths away from having a soviet mole as president.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

iospace posted:

You know who would love this election? Tim Russert Hunter S. Thompson :smith:
Just think of the poo poo he would write about Trump.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Augus posted:

The "Hillary Clinton is too sick to run for office" angle is really stupid because it operates under the assumption that Tim Kaine wouldn't still be a better choice than Trump or Pence. A very bad assumption.

ah, you see, it's a question of whether her brain is SMART enough to be in charge, not if she's going to die

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

TheBigAristotle posted:

I posted a few days ago the clip of Hannity on his show talking about this. A reporter asked a question from her peripheral vision and Hillary did one of these 'whoa, easy now' head bobs, and went a little overboard, as corny women trying to be funny can do.

Listening to the faux-concern in Hannity's voice as he asked questions to the effect of "is this normal, is this a person in control of her own body?" fills me with such mixed emotions I'm not sure what to say other than Hannity is a intellectually light-weight shitbag.

The faux-concern kills me, especially considering that Trump's speech patterns alone point more towards a neurological disorder than a head bob or stumble

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/piercedskull/status/765281934901739520

lmfao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm assuming you're referring to Henry Wallace here, who was in fact Vice President.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

psutify posted:

Didn't Dubya trip all the time? Im pretty sure he even dropped a dog once on camera iirc and the Rightwing media whined that the left was making too big a deal out of it. No one asked for his medical history then.

He was a alcohol/cocaine addict for 20 years. There were fairly serious questions re: his health. Remember the hidden box (probably a pacemaker) during the debates?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Remember the hidden box (probably a pacemaker) during the debates?

This isn't how pacemakers work.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

WampaLord posted:

Look man, it makes pace.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

I'm assuming you're referring to Henry Wallace here, who was in fact Vice President.

Is there evidence that Wallace was actually a spy? Something of a fellow-traveler, sure, but that's not the same thing.

Perhaps Iron Rose was thinking of Alger Hiss, who was almost certainly an actual spy and was involved in policy-making at a pretty high level, though I don't remember him being considered for VP.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Argas posted:

Look man, it makes pace.

A delicious salsa from San Antonio?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WampaLord posted:

Cardiac monitor. Sorry it's 107 out here. Brain dead.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The Iron Rose posted:

Oh absolutely, McCarthy didn't konw poo poo. I just find it intensely ironic that there were absolutely very high ranking soviet spies in the American government, and we were two deaths away from having a soviet mole as president.

Wait, who is the secret commie that was two heartbeats away from the presidency? I've never heard about this...

I wonder if he is related to the secret Muslims in B-Rocks administration that my grandma went on about at Christmas.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Someone put Rudy out of goddamn misery.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Cardiac monitor. Sorry it's 107 out here. Brain dead.

I thought it was always theorized as being a secret radio so he could be fed answers from luminaries like Cheney and Rove.

Granted, it was almost certainly a vest as is normal for VIPs but you can't fault people for thinking he had some poo poo going on at that debate since he blurted some goofy poo poo out in the middle of things.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/765285492711682048

Some numbers from PPP's Texas poll over the weekend?

Johnson's numbers looking not so great leads me to believe Trump isn't as weak here as I'm hoping. Guess we'll find out tomorrow or Wednesday

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Unzip and Attack posted:

HAHAHAHA it doesn't matter what Trump says, there's no way he's going to take the spotlight away from Rudy claiming such a monstrous lie unless he himself says something even dumber, which he may do out of jealousy.

It's over.

Giuliani was clearly talking about the 8 years since the PATRIOT act was passed (a month after 9/11). Which is a really stupid point in my opinion, but I think people need to look at the context on this one.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Giuliani was clearly talking about the 8 years since the PATRIOT act was passed (a month after 9/11). Which is a really stupid point in my opinion, but I think people need to look at the context on this one.

Pretty sure everybody is aware of the correct context when they call him a huge piece of lying poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Reminder that George Bush Sr. vomited on the Prime Minister of Japan and Dubya almost died eating a pretzel.

• Locked thread