Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Goatman Sacks posted:

Honestly AT stuff is pretty boring, other than seeing the setups that get sent out. You can figure out who's going to win before the fight even starts most of the time - there's very rare moments to "outplay" like you can in mobas. In fact I can think of maybe 3 times that's happened in the last 5 years - one time PL deleted half the enemy team with a bombing run, one time a guy juked two people burning after them, making them boundary violate, and a third time someone bumped a guy using an MJD, causing them to boundary violate.

Beyond that it's just watching status bars go down in a predictable order while PL commentators #212 and #213 give each other tuggies.

there could be many things done to make it interesting, but the main issue is that eve isn't really balanced or designed around a 10v10 symmetrical format, unlike dota or any other moba

so much of eve is either a few fleets crashing into each other, or even just warping around trying to catch someone; this doesn't lend itself well to the AT format

a lot of the stuff that's cool in eve is using ~elite pvp~ to catch people moving around or stragglers trying to catch up with a fleet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

frozenphil posted:

You should probably learn everything about entosis mechanics before trying this. If you make your own alliance you're just going to be stealing sov from the people who hire you (not that anyone will). You need to create a corp and then join your client's alliance to capture sov for them. As I have said a few times, this is a dumb idea that will never work. I'm glad you're trying things, but maybe start with a non-dumb premise for the next thing.

I'm not trying to take sov for anyone. The only dumb idea here is the scenario in your head.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It's not like anyone paid me to entosis before lol. At least there's a nonzero chance this way.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Elsa posted:

I'm not trying to take sov for anyone. The only dumb idea here is the scenario in your head.

So, what would they be paying you for?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

frozenphil posted:

So, what would they be paying you for?

reaving

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Elsa posted:

It's not like anyone paid me to entosis before lol. At least there's a nonzero chance this way.

You've yet to give anyone a reason to pay you to do it either.

From an auld salty squad leader to someone thinking about building a mercenary corp: Idea men are a dime a dozen, I can go a 'wandering through any given squad/sig jabber channel and find a few hundred good ideas spewed at me from armchair generals within an hours time frame. And the thing is, a non zero sum of those ideas are actually legitimately great ideas that will never be born to fruition because a "Good idea" is shockingly easy to have. Putting effort into that the realization of that idea on the other hand requires commitment.

At the moment no one has a reason to give you money to do anything because all you have is a vague idea. I could probably hire Noir to do what it is you are planning to do, and the best part is, they can probably do it contested. Long story short is, if you want to get your name on the map for this idea, you are going to have to take someone's poo poo from them pro bono as a proof of concept, and then you are probably going to have to eat losses on your first few contracts after that.

Why? Because your name isn't Elo Knight or Elise Randolph.

If you want people to take your idea seriously fire up your merc group and go snipe a system off of TEST, PHorde, Darkness or hell even MOA, and take a snapshot of ADM values before and after if "General ADM Lowering" is a part of the plan. Then write up your sales pitch with "This is what I did, I can do it for you."

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm only planning to do this on my own to stay amused, how is this concept so difficult to understand. And those :words: about failed squads in GSF are great but I'm not trying to do that, your example has nothing to do with me.

Are you just programmed to think being on the sov map is the only valid thing to do related to sov, or are you trying to move my goalposts for an internally- and self-motivated thing I'm doing, which is loving cute but kind of idiotic to think you have some say in it.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
you're really dumb dude

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Elsa posted:

I'm only planning to do this on my own to stay amused, how is this concept so difficult to understand. And those :words: about failed squads in GSF are great but I'm not trying to do that, your example has nothing to do with me.

Are you just programmed to think being on the sov map is the only valid thing to do related to sov, or are you trying to move my goalposts for an internally- and self-motivated thing I'm doing, which is loving cute but kind of idiotic to think you have some say in it.

I realize this is the chill thread but you are dumb as gently caress like to the point of being incapable of reading, or apparently understanding the current sov system.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
lol okay I guess I'll just have to live with people thinking I'm dumb. :ohdear:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
But here let me spell it out: No one is going to give you money to go solo hack systems as a harassment tactics unless you can pull the numbers to either lower ADM's through standard blops tactics OR force your way past node regen via numbers. If you can't do either of these things I'm functionally paying you to drive by hack stations on initial timers then do nothing else which is uh... pointless and odds are people are doing it for free already in any given target I send you to.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
and actually you clearly don't realize this is the chill thread and what that means.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Rhymenoserous posted:

But here let me spell it out: No one is going to give you money to go solo hack systems as a harassment tactics unless you can pull the numbers to either lower ADM's through standard blops tactics OR force your way past node regen via numbers. If you can't do either of these things I'm functionally paying you to drive by hack stations on initial timers then do nothing else which is uh... pointless and odds are people are doing it for free already in any given target I send you to.

you know I have ten accounts and can make a constellation of sov structures go ding at the same time? if it's a matter of one structure's nodes I can handle that, and it's dependent on no one responding but you'd be surprised how easily you can wear people down. do you know about any of this firsthand or are you just shitflinging based on things that remain to be seen.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Did you read my original post to you? Go do it and prove you can. No one throws money at maybe's.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Sorry telling you to "Actually go prove the concept" was insulting. My bad.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rhymenoserous posted:

Sorry telling you to "Actually go prove the concept" was insulting. My bad.

you can do that without being a poopoo head.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
you remind me of my jewish ex-girlfriend who refused to give me credit for anything I hadn't done.

I totally want to prove myself to you so let me move my schedule to accommodate your demands.

edit: hi globby

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Elsa posted:

you remind me of my jewish ex-girlfriend who refused to give me credit for anything I hadn't done.

I totally want to prove myself to you so let me move my schedule to accommodate your demands.

edit: hi globby

Maybe just quit posting about it until you actually do something.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Elsa posted:

You think you should get credit for things you haven't done?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Criticism is an important part of every en-devour I realize it's hard to hear "All you have is an idea" but a lot of people could use that comment fired at them. Someone in blops got a slightly different worded version of that same spiel when he had a great whine about not being put in charge of Booshwaffe before it died despite having done nothing to earn it, and I gave the exact same spiel to one of the guys running Topgoon after I went on to doing other things. Ideas are easy. Ridiculously easy. I can spitball a dozen schemes to do random things in an afternoon. Doing things is hard. Logistics chains even for small groups are obnoxious. Do you have a jump freighter? I hope you do otherwise cost issues are absolutely going to be a thing as PushX generally has a fixed delivery cost for bullshit regions regardless if a JF is full or not.

This is assuming you don't plan on just walking everything from Jita (Which would also be obnoxious). The devil is in the details.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I mean like a feasibility study for this scheme for me who has absolutely deployed 10-30 man gangs of goons to all points on the map absolutely starts with "How annoying is staging/resupply going to be, and am I willing to set that up?"

Most goons are used to the alliance thinking that out for them and simply don't realize the sheer manpower involved in making that stuff possible. Hell the old cobalt edge blops can farm probably took something like 100+ man hours to setup, even basic communism cans probably took a few hours of work for a single person to setup and if you are running an entosis campaign you are absolutely going to learn what communism cans are and what living station/pos free is like.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Doesn't really look like it.

Feeling better after getting that all out? :allears:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

nomad2020 posted:

Feeling better after getting that all out? :allears:

bloviating endlessly on about blackops style campaigns (Which guerilla entosis falls under) is a hobby of mine, sue me.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

frozenphil posted:

You think you should get credit for things you haven't done?

this is like Mean Girls 2 where a bunch of bitches think their opinion matters

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Elsa posted:

This is chill thread, just do your idea and take pictures of you doing it already

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Elsa posted:

go hack vale test left

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
elsa go entosis merc the DA0V-R constellation and don't post til you're done

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Elsa posted:

Okay literally how dumb are you

You've been shitposting about your grand idea for weeks, and when you finally get someone with experience to take notice and give you advice, you lose your poo poo because he gave you slight criticisms

I mean, if you don't want people to say something, don't post your livejournal updates until you actually do something

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
my favorite posts are the ones in yellow

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
moving your dosage to midday i see

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
that's so mean

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guys this is the chill thread. Take your mean spirited comments and your ambien fried brain to the other thread.

Namaste.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
nah I don't want to get in the way of your argument about whose culture is less irl prejudiced

edit: has less-bigoted bigots

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm the least bigoted person in this thread right now. debate me, you will lose.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You watch anime. Your opinion is invalid.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Eve online

is anime.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
How long do you guys think it'll take until we'll have a lot of minerals in Delve?

I just started trying to build stuff, and I'm already not able to find any minerals.

Also, can I get your thoughts on this? I feel like it's a bad idea to make it so anyone can edit it, but I feel like the calculator is somewhat useful? Maybe I should make another sheet with the calculator on it so it doesn't get ruined.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Elsa posted:

No that was a pretty pertinent and good post

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Criticism is an important part of every en-devour I realize it's hard to hear "All you have is an idea" but a lot of people could use that comment fired at them. Someone in blops got a slightly different worded version of that same spiel when he had a great whine about not being put in charge of Booshwaffe before it died despite having done nothing to earn it, and I gave the exact same spiel to one of the guys running Topgoon after I went on to doing other things. Ideas are easy. Ridiculously easy. I can spitball a dozen schemes to do random things in an afternoon. Doing things is hard. Logistics chains even for small groups are obnoxious. Do you have a jump freighter? I hope you do otherwise cost issues are absolutely going to be a thing as PushX generally has a fixed delivery cost for bullshit regions regardless if a JF is full or not.

This is assuming you don't plan on just walking everything from Jita (Which would also be obnoxious). The devil is in the details.

Rain, I will be the elite mercenary hauling arm behind your entosis horde. Mail me for rates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It would have been pertinent if I was trying to start a squad in GSF but I'm not. and lol about criticism being hard to hear, these posts are amusing as poo poo.

I also don't understand what you're on about regarding logistics.

• Locked thread