Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
New skills that use the new channeling system? I hope one of them is gonna be a Disintegrate style laser. :allears:
It could be a linear AOE like flame surge, but DOT instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm imagining searing bond but without the totems.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hope one of the channeling skills is a badass haka the character performs which blows up stuff around them

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you have to actually stand still during it, it had better do an absolute fuckton of damage.

Maybe something like D2's Meteor?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Earthquake. Oh wait.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
looks like some sort of channeled melee skill... there was a leaked Lab Helmet enchant for a skill called "Blade Flurry"
(source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1711680)

This is probably some sort of flicker+multistrike combo skill that has charges and channels

edit:
(source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4mm74d/what_is_blade_flurry/)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vasudus posted:

If you have to actually stand still during it, it had better do an absolute fuckton of damage.

Maybe something like D2's Meteor?

spirit bomb. party members can give mana to increase damage

Hauki
May 11, 2010

killstealing posted:

I hope one of the channeling skills is a badass haka the character performs which blows up stuff around them

so apocalypse from diablo 1?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
All the noise around Atlas brought me back. Got a currency tab on sale, started a junk character on Prophecy, probably won't make it past cruel by the end of the month. Do the new leagues drop on September 2nd or is there a delay?

Also, can I get an invite to the guild? IGN: Jawhecy

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

JawnV6 posted:

All the noise around Atlas brought me back. Got a currency tab on sale, started a junk character on Prophecy, probably won't make it past cruel by the end of the month. Do the new leagues drop on September 2nd or is there a delay?

Invite sent

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

JawnV6 posted:

Prophecy ends on the 30th.

Can you only play for 15 minutes at a time if you can't make it to Cruel in 2 weeks?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Invite sent

May i get an invite as well? I was on irc yest at work but went home. Im starting again after 2yrs and could use help. Mostly just need res. My armor sucks and survivability needs work.
Ign SSSisyphean.

Lvl 12 eq w rapid decay does 3k less than GS but im guessing the aftershock boosts it a lot?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

May i get an invite as well?

Done

ButtWolf posted:

Lvl 12 eq w rapid decay does 3k less than GS but im guessing the aftershock boosts it a lot?
You really cant compare the tooltip damage of different skills. You're going to have to test and see what actually clears faster. (Its EQ).

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ButtWolf posted:

yes and it has a better aoe too

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

TheRat posted:

Invite sent
Thanks! Will be on much later tonight to join up and beg for a Goldrim.

whypick1 posted:

Can you only play for 15 minutes at a time if you can't make it to Cruel in 2 weeks?
I'll never understand the sheer condescension in any discussion around this game. Cruel is a slog and idk if I'll want to read through a guide this late in a league, can't I just bash through the ledge in peace?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

JawnV6 posted:

I'll never understand the sheer condescension in any discussion around this game. Cruel is a slog and idk if I'll want to read through a guide this late in a league, can't I just bash through the ledge in peace?

If you want peace go camping.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

JawnV6 posted:

It's more the fact you make it sound like going through cruel is like swimming across the Atlantic ocean. Or you have to poop sock it. We all know :goonsay: love being bad, or chilling, or relaxing or whatever synonym goons use for playing like garbage. But you have to go out of your way to not get past cruel in 2 weeks. Or like the poster you quoted said "play 15 mins a day".

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Holyshoot posted:

It's more the fact you make it sound like going through cruel is like swimming across the Atlantic ocean.

lmao look at this pasty nerd, whats wrong, too fat to swim?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Yeah, I'm excited for the next league and will probably get to the point where my opinions on maps are mocked instead of midgame. I'm not going to push it for this league and suspect I'll hit the wall in cruel and just let the duelist die on the vine there. I got to see the currency tab without witnessing the awful mess my Standard stash must be in, so prophecy's been great.

My original question is still unanswered despite the fonts of knowledge eager to delve into my time preferences, was it too stupid to deign to answer?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

killstealing posted:

lmao look at this pasty nerd, whats wrong, too fat to swim?

not fat but nothing makes you feel more out of shape then swimming a lap in a pool.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

JawnV6 posted:

Yeah, I'm excited for the next league and will probably get to the point where my opinions on maps are mocked instead of midgame. I'm not going to push it for this league and suspect I'll hit the wall in cruel and just let the duelist die on the vine there. I got to see the currency tab without witnessing the awful mess my Standard stash must be in, so prophecy's been great.

My original question is still unanswered despite the fonts of knowledge eager to delve into my time preferences, was it too stupid to deign to answer?

September 2nd, never a delay. Fwiw self made builds usually peter out around merc these days.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

JawnV6 posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/ has a countdown, new league hits sept 2nd

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

killstealing posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/ has a countdown, new league hits sept 2nd

Pfft.. going to a website is too hardcore.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

gonadic io posted:

It'd take a serious change to double-dipping to stop my first char being guardian vortex prolif. I'm sick of playing a bow character and so something that can facetank most things is what I want this time.

I'm interested, can't find a build guide elsewhere, how do you build with Guardian?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

September 2nd, never a delay. Fwiw self made builds usually peter out around merc these days.

What are you talking about. Unless its your first time playing POE you can throw together a perfectly map-viable build on the fly.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Unless you do something with like no life or es on the tree, which is a common enough mistake for new players.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Mince Pieface posted:

I'm interested, can't find a build guide elsewhere, how do you build with Guardian?

Well prolif precludes Pyre so

Vortex+Rapid Decay+less duration+cold to fire+ele prolif as a 5L

Take avatar of fire and fire or burning damage nodes and all the AoE you can get.

That's my guess which is probably totally wrong, but this is the internet and getting the right answer can often be achieved by posting a completely wrong one and watching it be taken apart piece by piece.

Let us watch.

E: actually i see rapid decay and less duration as being out of place here. probably want elemental focus and controlled destruction?
E2 oh wait prolif so ele focus wont work either

Budgie fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 16, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Can I grab an invite as well? ingame name is TerribleGimmick

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Budgie posted:

Well prolif precludes Pyre so

Vortex+Rapid Decay+less duration+cold to fire+ele prolif as a 5L

Take avatar of fire and fire or burning damage nodes and all the AoE you can get.

That's my guess which is probably totally wrong, but this is the internet and getting the right answer can often be achieved by posting a completely wrong one and watching it be taken apart piece by piece.

Let us watch.

E: actually i see rapid decay and less duration as being out of place here. probably want elemental focus and controlled destruction?
E2 oh wait prolif so ele focus wont work either

Prolif does not preclude pyre. Pyre only destroys corpses if you get the killing blow using a hit. You can avoid this by using Southbound gloves.

Vortex - Ele Prolif - Controlled Destruction - Increased AoE - Pick 2 of Empower lvl 3/4, Iron Will, Less Duration, Rapid Decay, Concentrated Effect

Southbound gloves is another big reason I think low life is bad for this build. There's a lack of good double dipping supports for Vortex, Southbound + Pyre make the build play much better, and going high life/strength lets you use Iron Will as a 6th link which works very well with it. Unfortunately I have no character reference for this because my current Vortex is specced into the bad low life build that doesn't use Ele Prolif.

Also worth nothing: Rapid Decay and Ice Golem (Elementalist double golems) are the only things in the build that require any dex at all. I wore Astramentis for it, but that's obviously not ideal. Using Less Duration and skipping double golems for elementalist while wearing Shaper's Seed is probably a much better idea if you're going RF.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Bullshit. You can clear t15 selffound if you know what you're doing.

E: Are you talking about random-newbie-picking-skillpoints? Because that hits a brick wall long before merciless.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

Prolif does not preclude pyre. Pyre only destroys corpses if you get the killing blow using a hit. You can avoid this by using Southbound gloves.

Vortex - Ele Prolif - Controlled Destruction - Increased AoE - Pick 2 of Empower lvl 3/4, Iron Will, Less Duration, Rapid Decay, Concentrated Effect

Southbound gloves is another big reason I think low life is bad for this build. There's a lack of good double dipping supports for Vortex, Southbound + Pyre make the build play much better, and going high life/strength lets you use Iron Will as a 6th link which works very well with it. Unfortunately I have no character reference for this because my current Vortex is specced into the bad low life build that doesn't use Ele Prolif.

Also worth nothing: Rapid Decay and Ice Golem (Elementalist double golems) are the only things in the build that require any dex at all. I wore Astramentis for it, but that's obviously not ideal. Using Less Duration and skipping double golems for elementalist while wearing Shaper's Seed is probably a much better idea if you're going RF.

You don't even need Southbound gloves with Vortex because killing with the degen won't cause pyre to remove bodies, and if you're killing with the initial hit alone you prob don't care about prolif (or you can switch it in for quick pack clearing in those cases).

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Rurutia posted:

You don't even need Southbound gloves with Vortex because killing with the degen won't cause pyre to remove bodies, and if you're killing with the initial hit alone you prob don't care about prolif (or you can switch it in for quick pack clearing in those cases).

You spend 99% of the time running through packs of things that get oneshot with any build. Prolif helps a ton with pack clearing speed.

Like you could certainly use Repentence or some other glove if you wanted to but Southbound gives a ton of HP and guarantees everything prolifs and is so much nicer for general use than any other option that I don't see a reason not to use Southbound.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

TheRat posted:

Bullshit. You can clear t15 selffound if you know what you're doing.

E: Are you talking about random-newbie-picking-skillpoints? Because that hits a brick wall long before merciless.

Yeah I think he was refering to newbies concocting their own skill tree, which almost always end up being very short on Life or survivability nodes, lack synergy and unintentionally hobble themselves.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite thing ive discovered since coming back: not every good item is 80 ex.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Btw, ive got a 49 witch, what should i respec into. She was a summoner but want something else.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

My favorite thing ive discovered since coming back: not every good item is 80 ex.

P sure no item in a temp league is 80 ex. Even the most ridiculous chase items are around 20-30 unless headhunter can be chanced in maps.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

P sure no item in a temp league is 80 ex. Even the most ridiculous chase items are around 20-30 unless headhunter can be chanced in maps.

Yeah that's the point.

The economy is in a way better place now than it was say 1.5 years ago. Before Sacrifice of the Vaal basically all T1 uniques were worth 50-100 exalts. SotV introduced Atziri chest and axe which were worth about 100 exalts IIRC and Atziri glove which was worth around 150 exalts? I remember the first league I ever got a good drop was the Mjolner league where people were trading a 6L Shav's (worth 80 exalts) for a Mjolner. 35 exalts for a Soul Taker used to be a good deal, and the best caster builds used double Void Battery (80 exalts each).

And remember this was before the super overinflated legacy league uniques were allowed to come into the normal game through specific means. I imagine if you could get Headhunter in the same way back then as you can now, a Headhunter would probably be worth around 1000 exalts. Basically lol if you ever wanted to play a build using t1 uniques and you were the average player who is barely in the top 10000 ladder of a league.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

dis astranagant posted:

Headhunter with +1 endurance charges was p expensive last time I looked at them

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

imagine bricking a headhunter lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

nightwisher posted:

Jesus loving christ, bakedchicken chanced a HH after 6k belts and insta vaal-slammed into a brick, no reaction :stare:

• Locked thread