Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

BeOSPOS posted:

probably yes. I know a few older couples that actively decided to not have kids and they seem quite content and travel a lot :thumbsup:

Better how? Those are questions almost impossible to answer. Seeing a human life you created and shaped make decisions and develop a personality seems like a great gift that will sustain you hopefully for the rest of your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

china bot posted:

All of my adopted relatives deeply regret being adopted, and spend every day wishing their adoptive parents had been fertile instead
sounds more like your family is all hosed up

A Strange Aeon posted:

Better how? Those are questions almost impossible to answer. Seeing a human life you created and shaped make decisions and develop a personality seems like a great gift that will sustain you hopefully for the rest of your life.
Assuming said person isn't a royal gently caress up, which I wouldn't play those odds.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think people are always going to feel vindicated in whatever long term decision they make in their life.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Racist Professor goon you should basically have been fired immediately. It's not "I forgot I was around liberals it's so unfair" it's more "I was openly racist when discussing students who I am in a position of authority over, now nobody trusts me to be fair to them!"

good luck with that lawsuit though.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Your life will always be best if you follow what you want. Don't let anyone push you into any commitment just because it is the thing to do.
And not wanting kids doesn't mean you can't like kids.
I love my goddaughter as if she were my own and we just now returned from babysitting her (she's 7 months old next week). Her parents never for a second hesitated and straight up taught me all I needed to know. Nappy changing, feeding etc. right from the start. In my goddaugther I get to experience what it means to have a kid... in a very moderate dosage of about 1-2 days a week when I am there to help out, which is exactly right for me. Yes I love her, but I am also glad I can "hand her back" after a couple of hours. We have always been very honest about this, all our friends know and trust both me and the GF with their kids.

What I am saying is if you want kids that is cool, if you don't also cool. The important part is accepting people who think differently.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

LethalGeek posted:

sounds more like your family is all hosed up

my family is only hosed up because three of my uncles were molested by catholic priests

but the adopted family members are better off than they would have been unadopted

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hope you guys are read to get skeeved

quote:

I've got an overwhelming foot fetish that basically controls my life.

My girlfriend constantly says I'm amazing at foreplay and that I can get her off multiple times before we even get to penetrative sex. The reason for this is that I can look at her feet while I'm fingering her, or rub her feet while I'm giving oral. When we get to penetrative sex I have to think about her feet to cum. Thankfully, she has amazing footgame and I don't mind staring at those tootsies.

I was doing well at my job until I got called into HR. I had a bad habit of sniffing any women's shoes that were left around the office (lots of women would come in wearing sneakers, then flip to heels, and I'd sniff the heels and the sneakers while they left their desks) and got caught on camera. It was apparently a sexual harassment issue so I was instantly canned.

I'm job hunting now and to keep the lights on, I started working at Footlocker. If this job paid a little better, it would be absolute heaven for me. Cute girls come in, take off their shoes, and ask me to put shoes on them. Holy loving yum.

and also depressed

quote:

I have really bad body image issues but it's been helping me in life so far.

I was a slightly chubby kid and that, coupled with my nerdy interests, made me into pure girl-repellant. I didn't kiss a girl til I was 16, and didn't have an actual date until I was 24. I still haven't had a real relationship, but I'm trying (I'm 35 now).

I go to the gym every single day, sometimes 2-3 times. I am on a strict diet and haven't had a cheat day since I began this regime 10 years ago. I'm not exaggerating to say I'm in ridiculously good shape, probably in the top 2% of people in the entire world. If I had any athletic talent and was a bit younger I'd try to make a run for the Olympics or something.

But I'm still lonely and just jack off every night to help me fall asleep. But at least I look really good - too bad I never know what to say to a girl to ask her out...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BeOSPOS posted:

probably yes. I know a few older couples that actively decided to not have kids and they seem quite content and travel a lot :thumbsup:

My girlfriend and I have decided to get all our traveling out of the way while we're still childless. We've already considered it a given that we're going to be married and have kids, considering that we've been together for a while and our love shows no signs of slowing down (if anything, we're more in love now than when we first started dating). And both of us really want kids, in my case because I really don't want my family tree to dead end at me and we both want to raise a good new generation that can maybe have some impact on the world. But we're waiting until we're ready.

That said, we do have some worries. I don't remember what condition she has, but I know it makes it more difficult for her to get pregnant and/or have a viable pregnancy. I'm hoping we can overcome whatever difficulties she has and we get the life we're dreaming of.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Racist goon has to be fake.

Nobody is stupid enough to drop a Nbomb and then think they fired him for his private thoughts and beliefs.

Right?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

loquacius posted:

I've got an overwhelming foot fetish that basically controls my life.

My girlfriend constantly says I'm amazing at foreplay and that I can get her off multiple times before we even get to penetrative sex. The reason for this is that I can look at her feet while I'm fingering her, or rub her feet while I'm giving oral. When we get to penetrative sex I have to think about her feet to cum. Thankfully, she has amazing footgame and I don't mind staring at those tootsies.

I was doing well at my job until I got called into HR. I had a bad habit of sniffing any women's shoes that were left around the office (lots of women would come in wearing sneakers, then flip to heels, and I'd sniff the heels and the sneakers while they left their desks) and got caught on camera. It was apparently a sexual harassment issue so I was instantly canned.

I'm job hunting now and to keep the lights on, I started working at Footlocker. If this job paid a little better, it would be absolute heaven for me. Cute girls come in, take off their shoes, and ask me to put shoes on them. Holy loving yum.

This Married With Children remake sounds gross.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gonna throw up a couple more before bed, we've got a lot to work through

quote:

There's a real bitch of a woman at the office building I clean at night.

One time I cleaned her desk and accidentally put a picture frame in the wrong spot. She left me a note basically calling me a moron and saying that I was paid too much to do a bad job. This annoyed me but I just let it go.

Then one day due to a family emergency, I had to start cleaning around 4 pm (I usually start around 7, once the office is clear). I started with the empty offices so I wouldn't interfere with anybody's day, but that wasn't enough for this woman. She came up to me and (speaking really slowly, like English wasn't my first language) told me that I needed to wait until everyone left the office. I explained what happened and that I had cleared it with management - she acted exasperated then told me to "take a siesta" while everyone finished up. I am not Latino - I'm just a really tanned white guy.

Starting that night (and every night since) I cover some item of hers with piss, poo poo, or snot. Always very subtly, but she hasn't said anything yet. She leaves a gym bag there every few nights, and I've pissed on every item in there. This was almost a year ago that I started.

One time I felt bad and told myself I'd stop. But she left another note the next day that said "DEAR CLEANING MAN - PLEASE BE SURE TO CLEAN EVERYTHING. I LEFT A PENNY UNDER MY DESK TO CHECK AND IT WAS STILL THERE - YOU DIDN'T CLEAN UNDER MY DESK AT ALL! YOU ARE MAKING GOOD MONEY FOR NOT HAVING AN EDUCATION - DON'T THROW THIS JOB AWAY!"

Needless to say I haven't stopped since then.

quote:

When I started my current management job, there was a flaming homosexual guy in my workgroup. I was warned that he would make a lot of inappropriate jokes, but they were brushed off since he was A) hitting on men and not women and B) was an extremely good worker and always made his numbers.

After a few weeks we had our first one-on-one meeting to discuss his performance. He was, as I had been told, extremely good and I had no issues to discuss. He made a joke that he deserved the "Golden Kneepad" award, then offered to blow me if it'd get him a raise. He was joking, but I have mild aspergers and didn't pick up on it at all. I'm also a virgin (haha typical goon) and have to admit, I was intrigued what a bj felt like.

I let him blow me, and we've been swapping BJs ever since, usually about once a week.

I don't imagine stopping any time soon.

A happy ending in this one :unsmith:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Nothing wrong with consensual BJs

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Did he get the raise?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Tanned but white man that stuffy bitch lady wants to sex you probably maybe

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Beet Wagon posted:

Racist Professor goon you should basically have been fired immediately. It's not "I forgot I was around liberals it's so unfair" it's more "I was openly racist when discussing students who I am in a position of authority over, now nobody trusts me to be fair to them!"

good luck with that lawsuit though.

i actually think its cool and good that not only is he going to have "being a racist rear end in a top hat" on his resume forever, but also suing his employer who fired him for cause

good luck getting a new job in your field once the lawsuit drops, goon

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Putty posted:

Tanned but white man that stuffy bitch lady wants to sex you probably maybe

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
hm... honestly, I'd have a hard time telling if my stuff was covered in my pee, or someone else's

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, pee isn't like farts where everyone recognizes their own right away.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy

H.H posted:

I'm 99% sure I'm the most "real world" famous goon.

I've been in a a few major movies (not the headliner, but I've made the poster a few times), and am generally considered an actor people like to watch. I'm guessing Character Actor is the best term for me, I show up in a lot of those articles that are like "Here's 10 actors who always play the same type!".

I still love posting on SA because it's impossible to discuss pro wrestling in Hollywood without being laughed at.

This was a few pages back but I'd be willing to bet this is Brandon Hardesty
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2799927/

I can't remember his username but I know he's a goon and a self-described character actor, so everything fits. I remember a thread he made about being in the American Pie movie, and he promoted his youtube series about character actors on here too.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
He certainly looks the part. I don't remember him at all in American Pie but it's been forever since I've seen that.

And yeah, for that "professor" goon, his work really better "stand on its own" if he wants to continue working in that field, because nobody is going to want to hire him, coauthor papers with him or grant him any funding after something like that. I'm hoping it's some super esoteric field too so he'll have nothing to turn to but bagging groceries or whatever afterward. It's almost certainly fake though - I've always maintained that you don't necessarily have to be incredibly smart to get a PhD, but there's definitely a lower limit which he would have to be way under for him to do that.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
About aunts and uncles: I don't plan on having children and currently have two nephews that are under four years old.

It is honestly the best. All the positive aspects (i.e. seeing them grow and forming a bond with them) without having to care for them 24/7.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

quote:

This weekend I broke up an impending fight between my 60yo alcoholic violent uncle and my ptsd veteran brother (25y) by firing a rifle in the air and then pointing it at my uncle and tell him he had seconds to live if he didn't leave immediately. He left, and I'm convinced I kept them both at least out of jail if not alive but the whole freaking family says I was the rear end in a top hat.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

quote:

I used to have a lot of issues with feminism which I have mostly sorted through now, but it still drives me nuts when people act like being a white woman in 2016 blue-state America is in any way comparable to being a minority in 2016 blue-state America. White women are not excluded from society or culture and from any objective standpoint are very much part of the in-group, and it really bugs me when rich white women who went to fancy colleges and pay for their nice apartments with their high-paying jobs try to act like they're societal pariahs because of subtext in the media.

"Sure, black men are frequently arrested and/or killed by police on flimsy or nonexistent grounds with no consequences for the cops, but I was shown a number of movies as a child that had very troubling subtext regarding how much of a priority getting married should be and I think that's pretty comparable."

See also: conflating feminist issues with racial issues. Acting like white women and minorities are natural allies against their archenemies white men, or like white women can't be racist because they too know what oppression is, or like white men are intrinsically more sexist than other men, etc etc etc.

This is an anonymous confession mostly because I'm not really interested in getting in a big argument about it, which would inevitably happen if I posted about it normally. Basically I just want to shout into a void.

quote:

I grew up terrified of there being a monster in my closet. Slept with my parents as much as possible, barricaded the closet door, the whole 9 yards. This fear stuck with me all through childhood and even in to my early teens, I refused to sleep in my bedroom unless I had at least locked the closet door.

I eventually grew up, went to college, got a job, and got married. My wife and I started house hunting and my parents (who are in their 70s now) mentioned that they would sell their house to us. It's a perfect place to raise a family so we did it. We've been slowly moving out stuff in and moving their stuff out.

I called off work a day last week to do some stuff around the house by myself. I was in my old bedroom cleaning up and eventually dozed off on the bed. When I woke up, the closet door was open just a crack. I was sure that thing was closed when I fell asleep.

I freaked out pretty badly and ran out of the house. I no longer want to buy the house (all the repressed memories are flooding back) but can't tell my wife or my parents why. I'm considering burning it down and making it look like an electrical issue, since I'm scared that whatever lives in that closet might get out otherwise.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

H.H posted:

About aunts and uncles: I don't plan on having children and currently have two nephews that are under four years old.

It is honestly the best. All the positive aspects (i.e. seeing them grow and forming a bond with them) without having to care for them 24/7.

my wife and I both chose to focus on careers and travel and having fun instead of kids, it owns paying off ur second house at 40 and 38 plus traveling at will and not giving a gently caress about anything

also our nephew is going to have his entire college paid for but neither he nor his parents know that yet, which is also cool and good

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

I'm the closet door out of alignment that scared a goon

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I want to hear more stories about that closet.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Invalid wife goon, nobody (I think) was mad at you for wanting a divorce, it's the way you're going about it, trying to make sure she doesn't get anything in the divorce.

Closet goon, you're an adult. Just think about it rationally. If there's some supernatural monster living in your closet, a locked door would likely not stop it. If it wanted to hurt you, why didn't it when you were a helpless kid? If it wanted to hurt you but is only capable of cracking the door open a little, why would you be scared of it? Besides, how do you know "it" just won't follow you to your next home after you destroy its closet (and after you get out of jail for arson)? If you really can't get over it by thinking it through, just sleep inside your closet one night. I guarantee you you'll wake up wondering what you were so afraid of, and also realizing how uncomfortable it is to sleep in a closet.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 17, 2016

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I look forward to Closet Goon moving into the house and having his future children tell him about their invisible friend Emily who only they can see.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hm yes, "not giving a gently caress" and being able to buy "things" is way better than literally creating new life and shaping a new individual and fostering a loving bond that will last a lifetime :rolleyes:

lol im kidding i dont have kids either

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

H.H posted:

quote:
I used to have a lot of issues with feminism which I have mostly sorted through now, but it still drives me nuts when people act like being a white woman in 2016 blue-state America is in any way comparable to being a minority in 2016 blue-state America. White women are not excluded from society or culture and from any objective standpoint are very much part of the in-group, and it really bugs me when rich white women who went to fancy colleges and pay for their nice apartments with their high-paying jobs try to act like they're societal pariahs because of subtext in the media.

"Sure, black men are frequently arrested and/or killed by police on flimsy or nonexistent grounds with no consequences for the cops, but I was shown a number of movies as a child that had very troubling subtext regarding how much of a priority getting married should be and I think that's pretty comparable."

See also: conflating feminist issues with racial issues. Acting like white women and minorities are natural allies against their archenemies white men, or like white women can't be racist because they too know what oppression is, or like white men are intrinsically more sexist than other men, etc etc etc.

This is an anonymous confession mostly because I'm not really interested in getting in a big argument about it, which would inevitably happen if I posted about it normally. Basically I just want to shout into a void.

My nigga, have you not heard of intersectionality??
Well, I guess maybe you have, but maybe these women you speak of haven't?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
rifle goon you're an rear end in a top hat because you fired a gun into the air. who knows where the bullet might land

or because you didn't just kill your uncle

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

quote:

In sixth grade, there was this girl in my class who you might call an early bloomer. Her name was Jessie, and she had pale skin, little freckles on her nose, and the most gorgeous feathery blonde hair you ever saw.

Like any smart girl, she had no interest in me. I don't think she knew my name. But she sat in the second-to-last row in homeroom, and I was in the seat right behind her. She used to push her hair up and lean back, like sweep her fingers through it and let it cascade down. She didn't think about how it would brush across my desk, or onto my binder. It drove me crazy. It smelled like jasmine, and it tickled my fingers when she moved.

So I started bringing scissors. And one time, when I thought no one was looking, I snipped off a lock of her hair.

I got away with it. At the end of the period, I put the lock into a snack bag, and took it home with me.

I probably don't need to explain, but as a sexually maturing young man, I found a lot of uses for that hair. It was the softest thing I've ever touched. Like a sable brush, but fuller, and more satiny.

That was about twenty years ago. Well, I still have the hair. It's not the same, it doesn't smell like her anymore, but I can still see her perfectly when I touch it to my skin.

I'm not a big dater, but I've been talking to a lady online for a while, and last week we went on a coffee date. She was fine, a little overweight but with a pretty face, and actually quite nice in person. But I couldn't get past her hair. Dark black, smelled like hairspray, very obviously dyed. She seemed to like me, and I wanted to give her a chance, but I kept looking at that hair, and all I could think about was my Jessie.

quote:

I saw another guerrilla marketer sent a confession. Hi, I am one too! There are quite a few of us around here and not just in games. It's not hard to spot us if you have a little insight into the job and it's sort of a hobby of mine to try and spot the others based on their posts.

It's very meta and in moments of self reflection I can feel conflicted about this. When you think about it too much it just seems more and more weird and maybe there are feelings of guilt for gaslighting goons into liking lovely products but on the other hand shillposting is a real sweet gig and it's going to happen anyway.

FYI, the marketing company I am under the umbrella of counts SA as a minor trendsetter site and I bet others do too, which is why we are all here.

Reddit is the big one though and it's a race to get control of key subreddits before someone else does. We have people who try to snipe high value subreddits because if we get one for an existing client's product that means they can never drop us for that product and if we get one for a non-client they now probably have to hire us. The worst is when an actual fan of something gets the subreddit first because they could be making a bunch of money off that and are not. Those situations are salvageable for us if we can get some mod accounts on there.

When you read forums and comment sections there are tons of people in there trying to sell you stuff. They don't even bring up the product they are shilling for some of the time, they are just trying to get you around to the "right" way of thinking which is supposed to drive you to the product. There is plenty of research which suggests this works.

Corporate mind control is real and I am part of it. It's just not very exciting.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lotsa boring confessions lately

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lots of bad decisions.

Firing a gun to end an argument: no.
Committing arson because you're scared of a wardrobe: this is dumb.

Marketing goons - what do you do when things are overwhelmingly negative? Like there's no amount of guerilla tactics that are going to make anyone believe in star citizen, or salvage the mess that is the no man's sky thread.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Schlub Husband posted:

This was a few pages back but I'd be willing to bet this is Brandon Hardesty
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2799927/

I can't remember his username but I know he's a goon and a self-described character actor, so everything fits. I remember a thread he made about being in the American Pie movie, and he promoted his youtube series about character actors on here too.

I'm a big fan of Brandon Hardesty, starting with his Reenactment series from the earlier days of YouTube and now his web series No Small Parts. As a fan of the guy, I'm 99% sure that's not him posting that confession. Nobody in their right mind, Brandon included, would list him in a top 10 list of character actors; he's simply not famous enough at this time for that.

I'm guessing it's William H. Macy or somebody like that, I heard a rumor he was a goon at one point. Could also be John C. Reilly, I could see him posting here + showing up in a character actor list

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"My closet door was open a crack when I woke up. Do I burn down my house?"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Thread's back. Enjoy.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
thank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU