Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

exploding mummy posted:

He was an 89 year old man in poor health.

The perfect cover for Hillary's political assassination team; how easy for them to make it look like "natural causes"! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
https://twitter.com/TPM/status/765668131989749760

Sounds perfectly reasonable.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

There's the pivot.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 16, 2016

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

He's said this like 3 or 4 times before. Hopefully THIS time it actually gains some traction in the media.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

axe_vendetta posted:

It turns out Trump's medical document giving him a "clean bill of health" is a bizarre nonsensical statement written by someone without basic medical expertise that only leads to more questions - like - why has Trump been seeing a gastroenterologist for the past 35 years anyway?

Because, for at least the last 35 years, Trump has had issues with a rare verbal form of Crohn's Disease.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ewiley posted:

Treehorn LLC, huh?

That naked guy on the pad of paper was a great troll...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seriously how the gently caress is this just "lol that Trump campaign they are so goofy"

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Fun fact about that Mississippi River map that keeps getting posted: the river changes course so much that it shouldn't even be flowing through New Orleans anymore. The Atchafalaya River is naturally becoming the river's main outlet to the sea, and the only reason why New Orleans isn't situated on a dying bayou is because the Army Corps of Engineers have forced the Mississippi to keep running through there.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Fun fact about that Mississippi River map that keeps getting posted: the river changes course so much that it shouldn't even be flowing through New Orleans anymore. The Atchafalaya River is naturally becoming the river's main outlet to the sea, and the only reason why New Orleans isn't situated on a dying bayou is because the Army Corps of Engineers have forced the Mississippi to keep running through there.

Hell yeah, gently caress you nature

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Okay so judging from how completely ridiculous the guy at the mic looks, I thought TPM was going to be a satire/parody site. I should have known better than to hope for that.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lemming posted:

Hell yeah, gently caress you nature

Nature decided to return the favor about 11 years ago and it went... less than ideal.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

This Al Baldasaro guy loves the Secret Service so much, he wants to talk with them like he did in July

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

"Double downed"

How does that get through copy-editing?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

"Double downed"

Because the Washington Times isn't a real newspaper.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

"Double downed"

The Washington Times is a joke and only in circulation because beltway right wingers are desperate for a Post alternative.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

"Double downed"

Editor really likes KFC

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

My Imaginary GF posted:

Because, for at least the last 35 years, Trump has had issues with a rare verbal form of Crohn's Disease.

Lol, I was going to make a joke about no GE passing up a chance to study a man who expels waste from his mouth but you beat me to it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nocturtle posted:

I'd point out that cities often depend on the infrastructure of the regions around them. If we're really looking at a future where large swaths of coastal areas are flooding regularly, it's not like the parts that are above water are going to be just fine. Even if we could encase Miami in a floating bubble, if highway 95 is underwater it's still not viable.

You're severely understating the appeal of the revived Amphicar.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

Nature decided to return the favor about 11 years ago and it went... less than ideal.

Obama could have stopped it but didn't.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

My Imaginary GF posted:

:golfclap:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ciaphas posted:

Saw a report on the TV today in passing about House Republicans claiming Hillary perjured herself in a few different ways regarding the whole email thing (one server vs multiple, individually read/reviewed emails by investigators vs not, etc). Is the outright claim of perjury anything new or likely to affect her career or election chances in any way?

No, because their claims are "Hilary said X but Comey said X was wrong or said Y, therefore perjury" and that's not how perjury works. They'd have to prove Clinton wasn't simply wrong in what she believed, but that she knew she was wrong and intentionally misleading. They'll push it as hard as they can purely in the hopes of it hurting her election in any way even though there's zero chance that you'd get a conviction (of anyone) from it. A defense of "I believed what I told you was absolutely correct at the time" is a pretty solid defense without evidence to prove you were lying and not simply wrong.

Boon posted:

I wish it were possible to corral every single poster who was so certain that Hillary was going to run to the center after the primary and force this down their throat.

I've seen a few liberal/hippie/etc friends on Facebook lamenting Ken Salazar's pick, saying he was poo poo at his job in Interior. I don't know him at all but overall her team seems decent enough.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

A Winner is Jew posted:

here you go have the snarkiest plaque ever for the blame game

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx
Clinton's team is getting started on debate prep already and they're having a difficult job casting Trump's stand-in. My tip is Jared Leto, such a dedicated method actor that he turned himself into a monumental rear end in a top hat for his latest role. Or could they just do it on the cheap and trawl run-down psychiatric hospitals for grossly undermedicated paranoid schizophrenics. What say you goons?

quote:

Even so, out-Trumping Trump to prepare Clinton is an inherently awkward enterprise, one which is expected to unfold only in front of a small group of trusted aides. Clinton allies are comparing the confidentiality surrounding the tricky upcoming prep sessions to that of a closed film set when actors are shooting a nude scene.

AMorePerfctGoonion fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 17, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My wife is freaking out about all these companies getting out of Obamacare when they have crazy high stock prices that are only going up. She's from Korea. The funny thing is I totally agree with her but she keeps going after it like I'm supposed to disagree.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

axe_vendetta posted:

Clinton's team is getting started on debate prep already and they're having a difficult job casting Trump's stand-in. My tip is Jared Leto, such a dedicated method actor that he turned himself into a monumental rear end in a top hat for his latest role. Or could they just do it on the cheap and trawl run-down psychiatric hospitals for grossly undermedicated paranoid schizophrenics. What say you goons?

Jared Leto needing to become a monumental rear end in a top hat isn't really method acting so much as playing himself.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

HorseRenoir posted:

the only reason why New Orleans isn't situated on a dying bayou is because the Army Corps of Engineers have forced the Mississippi to keep running through there.

Read "The Control of Nature" by John McPhee if the thought of this gives you a throbbing erection.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

axe_vendetta posted:

You want debate prep against Trump, you debate prep with me.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Eifert Posting posted:

My wife is freaking out about all these companies getting out of Obamacare when they have crazy high stock prices that are only going up. She's from Korea. The funny thing is I totally agree with her but she keeps going after it like I'm supposed to disagree.

Yeah, my friends that like to liberal bait me with poo poo like that act like I should be defending glorious Obamacare and I'm just like, naw man our healthcare system is hosed and Obamacare is a half measure at best, but hey, when I got bumped to part time for almost two years I was super happy to have coverage for my diabetes meds, assholes!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Jared Leto needing to become a monumental rear end in a top hat isn't really method acting so much as playing himself.

I checked out of pop culture for several years so when people were talking about Jared Leto a while back I was wondering why the lead singer of 30 seconds to mars was relevant

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So how's Trump's debate pr-

hahahahahahhahahahahah

Why doesn't that betting website have bets for Trump dropping a seaward or n-word?

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
Eminem, right? It's Eminem. It's gotta be.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Debate prep? Old boy is only just now mulling buying even a single dollar worth of ad time

baby steps

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

HDawg really only needs to deflect "Benghazi, Crooked, Liar, corrupt, in bed with Wall Street, RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM and Obamaaaa:argh:" and she'll be fine.

It's really just gonna be an endurance match since Trump only has that on his script and he has no way of pulling curveballs. And uh, last time I checked, Hillary is good at endurance matches. Just ask Ben "11 hour" Ghazi

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

:vince:

I might pay actual money to see this.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Your time is now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

HDawg really only needs to deflect "Benghazi, Crooked, Liar, corrupt, in bed with Wall Street, RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM and Obamaaaa:argh:" and she'll be fine.

It's really just gonna be an endurance match since Trump only has that on his script and he has no way of pulling curveballs. And uh, last time I checked, Hillary is good at endurance matches. Just ask Ben "11 hour" Ghazi

One hour of Trump going off script/stream of consciousnesses seems like a completely different beast.

It's been mentioned before ,but the debates need a hardass moderator.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fun fact: Einstein was the person who proved why this happens

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Radish posted:

The Washington Times is a joke and only in circulation because beltway right wingers are desperate for a Post alternative.

It's only in circulation because the Moonies love a good troll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So what are the odds of house republicans trying to spin this against Hillary? The FBI turning over their investigation report to the House seems like a really bad idea, and a partisan move by Comey.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/16/politics/hillary-clinton-interview-fbi-notes/index.html

• Locked thread