Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crabtree posted:

We break into a sonic weapons testing chamber and kidnap Viklund to be our weapons scientist for Vlad/Elephant's payroll.

hell, just make viklund a heister instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Okay I know what the next special super cop should sound like, Nolanverse Batman. "TELL ME ABOUT THE CLOWNS!" "WIIIIIIINTERS!" "COMMISSIONER, SWEAR TO ME!"

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Haven't played since before safes were introduced, any essential QoL mods I should be using? Any decent build suggestions also appreciated

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

8 Ball posted:

Haven't played since before safes were introduced, any essential QoL mods I should be using? Any decent build suggestions also appreciated

Goonmod is probably the most important. Gagecoin and ironsight normalization are fantastic, custom waypoints are useful, and laser colors and corpse delimiters are fun.

Nothing listed below is "essential", it's just the poo poo I run.
Lobby and Inventory enhancements
Lobby Player Info provides quick insight into what your buds are bringing to the party. As a bonus, when you pub it up you can tell exactly how terrible the people in your lobby are.
Drag and Drop Inventory makes organizing your guns and masks a lot easier.
SPL Sets makes it easier to manage multiple builds. Warning: if you scroll through your builds too fast the people in your lobby will see their framerates absolutely plummet.
More Weapon Stats isn't as necessary since the Crimefest rebalance destroyed most of the weird, arcane differences between guns, but it's always nice to be able to see reload times and ammo pickup numbers.

Gameplay enhancements (aka crutches for bads)
PocoHUD is an extremely customizable HUD mod with a lot of added features. Please disable most or all of the chat options so you don't spam chat constantly. If you want to completely fill your screen with buff timers there's an add-on for that.
Flashing Swan Song makes it really obvious when one of your friends is about to bite it.
Enhanced Hitmarkers changes the hitmarkers to give you more information, and allows you to make the hitmarkers look as silly or serious as you wish.
Bag Contours enhances bag contours in several ways. Bodybags have distinctly colored contours which disappear when stealth is broken, contours can be colored by weight, and if you have a little time and don't mind digging into a config file you can fully customize colors for any type of bag. For example, I've configured thermal drills and The Diamond to have magenta contours so they stand out more.
Loose Ammo Contours has several configurations for highlighting ammo, throwables, and bow ammunition on the map. Never hunt for your shurikens or wonder where the ammo pickups are again! This is a mod_overrides mod, and lives in \PAYDAY 2\assets\mod_overrides, unlike the other mods I've linked here.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 16, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

Goonmod is probably the most important. Gagecoin and ironsight normalization are fantastic, custom waypoints are useful, and laser colors and corpse delimiters are fun.

Nothing listed below is "essential", it's just the poo poo I run.
Lobby and Inventory enhancements
Lobby Player Info provides quick insight into what your buds are bringing to the party. As a bonus, when you pub it up you can tell exactly how terrible the people in your lobby are.
Drag and Drop Inventory makes organizing your guns and masks a lot easier.
SPL Sets makes it easier to manage multiple builds. Warning: if you scroll through your builds too fast the people in your lobby will see their framerates absolutely plummet.
More Weapon Stats isn't as necessary since the Crimefest rebalance destroyed most of the weird, arcane differences between guns, but it's always nice to be able to see reload times and ammo pickup numbers.

Gameplay enhancements (aka crutches for bads)
PocoHUD is an extremely customizable HUD mod with a lot of added features. Please disable most or all of the chat options so you don't spam chat constantly. If you want to completely fill your screen with buff timers there's an add-on for that.
Flashing Swan Song makes it really obvious when one of your friends is about to bite it.
Enhanced Hitmarkers changes the hitmarkers to give you more information, and allows you to make the hitmarkers look as silly or serious as you wish.
Bag Contours enhances bag contours in several ways. Bodybags have distinctly colored contours which disappear when stealth is broken, contours can be colored by weight, and if you have a little time and don't mind digging into a config file you can fully customize colors for any type of bag. For example, I've configured thermal drills and The Diamond to have magenta contours so they stand out more.
Loose Ammo Contours has several configurations for highlighting ammo, throwables, and bow ammunition on the map. Never hunt for your shurikens or wonder where the ammo pickups are again! This is a mod_overrides mod, and lives in \PAYDAY 2\assets\mod_overrides, unlike the other mods I've linked here.
:swoon: I have some new mods that I need to install.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dr Cheeto posted:

a good mod list

I agree with everything here, especially the part about telling Pocohud not to spam chat. I like Pocohud a lot but I don't like a lot of the default options, so here's some quick tips.
Install mod, launch Payday 2. Press Backspace to bring up the Pocohud config screen. You can, and probably should, just flip through and look at all the options, but here's a few things.

First, click Options and then in the Buffs tab, enable or disable poo poo you want covering your screen. I turned off Show Berserker (:rip: frenzy/anarchist invincibility), Boost, First Aid Kit, Interact, Killstreaks, Lifedrain, Painkiller, and Suppressed, but customize at your leisure. Next is Chat. Chat is the important tab.

Set everything here to either "None" or "Only me" to start. Those mean it won't say a drat thing at all or it'll only tell YOU about it. This way you can understand what people mean about chatspam. I believe Zenyr set these to default to be less chatty a couple versions ago but I don't know. Do this anyway.

as you can see, the only things I have different are announcing 3 downs and custody to my team and only if I'm the only person with Pocohud. IMO this is about the max you should spit out at people. Maybe drills, but those are borderline at best. I tell myself about them so I can say something in Mumble if required, which it almost never is.

The rest of the tabs, do whatever, but over in damage indicators, I turn off AI Damage and Crew damage, because I don't like seeing damage popups from other people. poo poo gets messy. Something to keep in mind is Detailed Mode - pocohud has a toggle, default tilde key, which lets you hide information most of the time and tap tilde to see it. I like this mode a lot, so I've set a lot of things to Detailed Only. It's really a handy thing.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I play vanilla :smug:

Not counting a stretch of time I used goonmod to uncap the cop corpse count. I gotta get around to re-installing that.

Really it's the only necessary mod. How else are you going to carpet the floor in dead bodies?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Pocohud also has a delimiter but I use Goonmod's because it's better. Poco's is weird about setting count.

oh I should mention the other two top tabs:

Statistics: Find out which transport mission I have a 15% heat bonus on
Tools: I only use the Jukebox to change my music track mid-heist when I forget I haven't disabled the golden grin's song.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
dead mans hand is a good song you bad

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Don't talk poo poo about Pocohud the aggressive desync function is a godsend.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Now I really want a New Orleans heist either taking something in a thick Hurricane flood like Hard Rain from Left 4 Dead or a job taking place during Mardi Gras.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Thanks for the modlist and thanks to Psion for the tip on how to actually get into the Pocohud config heh

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Afraid of Audio posted:

dead mans hand is a good song you bad

counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHQi1ttlDiA

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Don't talk poo poo about Pocohud the aggressive desync function is a godsend.

oh yeah, I forget what that's called but for-loving-sure enable it or keep it enabled. It really helps. I am pretty sure it has meant I've seen players actually fall down and be revivable as opposed to the host seeing them yellow-outlined, still moving, and not revivable at all (also 700 feet from their actual location)

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Psion posted:

oh yeah, I forget what that's called but for-loving-sure enable it or keep it enabled. It really helps. I am pretty sure it has meant I've seen players actually fall down and be revivable as opposed to the host seeing them yellow-outlined, still moving, and not revivable at all (also 700 feet from their actual location)

Would the host using the desync resolution affect other players in the heist? That sounds like a nice thing to have in case someone gets downed but decides to run around with a yellow outline for a full 30 seconds... not that that could ever happen.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Speaking of PocoHud, is there yet a way to make it not horribly unstable after the big update? I'm missing some of the features, but it got seriously crash-happy for me so I had to uninstall it.

EDIT: Also I removed Dead Man's Hand from my playlist because it's loving intolerable in stealth with the retarded spastic drum fills.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nordick posted:

Speaking of PocoHud, is there yet a way to make it not horribly unstable after the big update? I'm missing some of the features, but it got seriously crash-happy for me so I had to uninstall it.

EDIT: Also I removed Dead Man's Hand from my playlist because it's loving intolerable in stealth with the retarded spastic drum fills.

Are you running the BLT version? It's been mostly fine for me through patches.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Are you running the BLT version? It's been mostly fine for me through patches.

Same, I haven't had any significant poco issues in a long time. someone reported it was causing crashes which is in my experience of playing a lot of this game and using pocohud 100%, also false

might be a config thing but BLT poco is surprisingly solid, update after update :shrug:

e: I forgot the kill counter thing, it's weird how sometimes it's close to right and sometimes it's 20000 kills off. but I just moved killcounts to detail view so I can ignore them until it's fixed!

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 16, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The kill counter is all hosed up right now but that's my only complaint

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

There's a manual fix for it. It hasn't been pushed in an automatic update; you have to download and replace the Hud3.lua file from the Github page.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kilandor's or Zenyr's?

last update I see to hud3.lua on Kilandor's repo is 2 months ago, is that right?

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
So does a host running desync resolution affect clients or not?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

8 Ball posted:

To add to Cheeto's list, I also suggest:

Inventory Count, which tells you in the loadout screen the number and size of your deployables so you no longer have to try and remember if you have fully upgraded ammo bags or not on this build.
Inventory Chat, so you can see the chat panel while in your skills, inventory, etc. (Less useful with goons since we usually have Mumble going, but still a handy feature when someone's mic is broken or you're pubstoving.)
Oh No! More Skillsets, which is less useful at the start but eventually having 15 builds instead of 5 is great for later infamies when you've got a ton of dumb gimmick loadouts.
Side Jobs In Lobby, because having to leave the lobby just so you can pick up a side job is a dumb oversight by Overkill.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

THE CHORSE posted:

So does a host running desync resolution affect clients or not?

From what we could tell, and this is literally based off of games with Buckshot who is notorious for being the goddamn worst so this is probably just his fault somehow, but it seemed that if the host was running the desync resolution thing and no one else was at all it would cause WORSE descync. If everyone else was running it? Not really much better than vanilla.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skunkrocker posted:

From what we could tell, and this is literally based off of games with Buckshot who is notorious for being the goddamn worst so this is probably just his fault somehow, but it seemed that if the host was running the desync resolution thing and no one else was at all it would cause WORSE descync. If everyone else was running it? Not really much better than vanilla.

did you forget me?

But yeah the desync resolver is just awful if other people don't have it on.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

did you forget me?

I could never forget you, my friend. :love:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Aw, Skunkrocker misses me. :allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Be careful wth the non-Wilko mods; they can cause instability in weird ways.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Aw, Skunkrocker misses me. :allears:

There isn't a smiley to represents my opinion of you.

However, there is a new and awesome suicide one that makes me happy!

:nutshot:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Has Payday 2 had any new content in awhile?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Geight posted:

Has Payday 2 had any new content in awhile?

Not in a month, which is weird. Maybe they're planning something big. Or maybe they're just trying to update the console versions, who knows

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I can't believe that overkill completely abandoned support for this game for ever. :(

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
We're all fearing the horror of the Last Crimefest where they add 100 achievements all about using certain super special furniture and design combinations for our new mod able safehouse.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Crabtree posted:

We're all fearing the horror of the Last Crimefest where they add 100 achievements all about using certain super special furniture and design combinations for our new mod able safehouse.

Let us take all the bobbleheads, stuffed animals, toast etc from White Xmas to decorate our safehouses with.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Discendo Vox posted:

Be careful wth the non-Wilko mods; they can cause instability in weird ways.

It's not like GoonMod or the BLT are exempt form causing instability, I just either force them to turn off if it could happen or they outright crash your game

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Here's a request for Wilko, since I don't know how possible this is; I'd love a Random Heister and Random Mask option.

I know you can just freespin your mouse wheel, but sometimes I forget!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Here's a request for Wilko, since I don't know how possible this is; I'd love a Random Heister and Random Mask option.

http://lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=13265 get this, it's BLT, bind a button and just spam it in the lobby. It's the next best thing to an actual Random Mask option.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Grapplejack posted:

Honestly I'm kind of surprised we haven't gotten a I'M FEELING LUCKY option with random heist selection just to combat those days where you have everything and you don't know where you wanna shoot cop at.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
You mean Crime.net, where you have to wait through twenty "lucky" random selections of Normal Shadow Raid, Hard Jewelry Store, Normal Transport: Underpass, Hard Bank Heist: Gold, Very Hard Bank Heist: Deposit, Normal Mallcrasher, etc., before finally giving up and buying a good DW heist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crime.net where your driver is disposable