Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Trump's doctor tried to file for a trademark once.

USPOL August: Compassionate Colonoscopy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The speech was clearly not meant to appeal to black voters but instead to let the people in the room walk away comforted by the fact that they are totally not racist and any minority opposition towards their political ideology is wholly unjustified.

Sustainable election strategy? Maybe not but boy does it feel good!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10157510424610725

Transcript is up.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Augus posted:

The speech was clearly not meant to appeal to black voters but instead to let the people in the room walk away comforted by the fact that they are totally not racist and any minority opposition towards their political ideology is wholly unjustified.

I agree that Harry Enten has a good Twitter feed.

It's okay, you can admit you still like 538. This is a safe space. I like them too!

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/765736471374524416

apologies if you actually follow Julian Notaro or this was one of your own original thoughts

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Eifert Posting posted:

Selling Trump to African Americans is the boldest poo poo I've ever heard. "Help us attain power and you'll be a distant third in our crosshairs behind Hispanics and anyone we can assume is Muslim. 100 years ago you would have taken that deal!"

By this point I don't see why he doesn't just toss us in with them. From the polls, it is not mathematically possible for his support among African Americans to go any lower.

Augus posted:

Again, I don't see why he's bothering. Naked bigotry is true core of his campaign, so why not just own up to it? It's what his audience would love more than pretending to respect those "urban ferals" they've heard of, but never actually seen.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Magres posted:

As though hypocrisy ever stopped the gop

Yeah and it wouldnt get him an extra electoral vote so he wouldnt do it

Ted cruz is a cynical, soulless piece of poo poo without a shred of morals to his body, that's still better than a retarded orange manbaby for president. The bar for "less lovely than Donald Trump" is unbelievably low, is what I'm saying.

I respect Ted Cruz for doing his utmost to win for R's. I think we need more D's who care about winning within the party objectives over trying bullshit like 'compromise' and 'bipartisanship.'

To do this, I say we wage war on suburbs via Federal policy implementation.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Augus posted:

America must end the war on poverty

and begin a war on concentrated poverty

Furthermore, HUD delenda est

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The weirdest thing to come out of this election might be Trump's open hostility towards Hispanics still earning him maybe 10% of their vote while getting less than 5% of the black vote while trying to court the black vote. I suppose the 19% in Florida can be explained by Cuban voters being all "He's talking about Mexicans, not me."

I suppose the AA community by and large is just better up to speed due to decades of having to deal with this same poo poo in different guises, and maybe they're a more regular and cohesive voting bloc in general.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Antti posted:

I suppose the AA community by and large is just better up to speed due to decades of having to deal with this same poo poo in different guises, and maybe they're a more regular and cohesive voting bloc in general.

There are still people alive from the "let's pretend to be white like the Italians and Greeks" generation of Mexicans, so it's pretty likely that those types are the ones voting conservative.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

computer parts posted:

There are still people alive from the "let's pretend to be white like the Italians and Greeks" generation of Mexicans, so it's pretty likely that those types are the ones voting conservative.

White is a perception. If you act white, for all affects and purposes, you is white.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There's a lot of vendido snotrags in the OC that think since they're blondish or fair skinned they'll avoid the purge and furthermore you will find no trace of an accent or affectation towards foreign pronunciation when they order the KaySaDilia Combo at Taco Bell. Plus their parents emmigrated *the right way*.

They also make like 120,000 from construction or a professional business so they're not like common laborers.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Antti posted:

The weirdest thing to come out of this election might be Trump's open hostility towards Hispanics still earning him maybe 10% of their vote while getting less than 5% of the black vote while trying to court the black vote. I suppose the 19% in Florida can be explained by Cuban voters being all "He's talking about Mexicans, not me."

Rudos

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx
Sometimes recent immigrants overcompensate out of a sense of insecurity. Some of the most anti-immigration people I know are 2nd generation Asians. Also, Jews and Blacks know full well that this is not merely rhetoric or dog-whistling but something altogether new and sinister

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

This is the best new thing to come out of the HILLARY'S HEALTH bullshit:

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/765727501104586758

(Can't wait to see her inaugurated :allears:)

axe_vendetta posted:

Sometimes recent immigrants overcompensate out of a sense of insecurity. Some of the most anti-immigration people I know are 2nd generation Asians. Also, Jews and Blacks know full well that this is not merely rhetoric or dog-whistling but something altogether new and sinister

2nd generation tends to hyperassimilate and reject their heritage, 3rd generation tends to want to go back to their roots.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Trump flailing in terror and her look is like "You seek my death? Let me see your face."

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Manafort out, folks from Breitbart running Trump's campaign?

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/765785755859972096

(I so wanted to put "Manafort is kill?, go to Breitbart?" but that's chan-y)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao, Trump's solution is to put Breitbart in charge

Dirt
May 26, 2003

SirFozzie posted:

Brietbart finally getting that mainstream recognition they have been craving!

This won't end well.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

comes along bort posted:

Well that explains a lot.

Calling for literal book-burning is always a great way to convince librarians that you're in the right.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Oh it gets better:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/765786031694221313

Apparently Trump thinks his campaign hasn't been combative enough.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

The WaPo article that runs tomorrow says Manafort is still acting in his current position, but they've brought on Steve Bannon and promoted Kellyanne Conway.

efb; ugh; if only I had bigger hands

There's still Manafort/Russia news rumored to be in the pipeline for this week too.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SirFozzie posted:

Oh it gets better:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/765786031694221313

Apparently Trump thinks his campaign hasn't been combative enough.

Corey's going to be furious

That's HIS fuckin niche

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Relishes combat?

:suspense:

e: They're finally ready to bring out the Lewinsky attacks and will sideline anyone who counsels otherwise :laffo:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SedanChair posted:

Relishes combat?

e: They're finally ready to bring out the Lewinsky attacks and will sideline anyone who counsels otherwise :laffo:

October national female poll: Hillary 80 Trump 16.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
LOL.

Sooooooooooooooooo when does Putin order Wikileaks/rear end to suddenly be anti-Trump?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DemeaninDemon posted:

October national female poll: Hillary 80 Trump 16.

Harambe 4

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

SirFozzie posted:

Trump should just cut out the middleman and get his campaign decisions directly from /pol/

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Are they going to put Milo in charge of LGBT outreach?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

HorseRenoir posted:

Trump should just cut out the middleman and get his campaign decisions directly from /pol/

Trump's down in the polls, so he must bring more /pol?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The reminded me of the big stink conservatives threw over Obama's non-guration because he slipped on the oath and I got really mad for a second.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
It just keeps getting better (worse)

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'm hoping this means that the new NYT story that's dropping this week must be BRUTAL on Manafort. Like, dude is going to jail soon brutal. Ease the new people into running the campaign tomorrow, then the Times story comes out on Friday and absolutely wrecks Manafort into resigning. Please give us this.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'm hoping this means that the new NYT story that's dropping this week must be BRUTAL on Manafort. Like, dude is going to jail soon brutal. Ease the new people into running the campaign tomorrow, then the Times story comes out on Friday and absolutely wrecks Manafort into resigning. Please give us this.

I feel like that would actually be good for the campaign so I don't want that to happen.

What would be better is if the Manafort story is just brutal enough to get Trump to defend Manafort in a stream of consciousness word salad that openly venerates Putin.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Antti posted:

I have to say, I think one of the most heartening things to come out of today is the media's utter refusal to believe that Trump actually gives a poo poo about African-Americans. Usually Republicans do their little tour of African-American organizations and spout their bullshit and the media just sort of glosses over the fact that Republican policies will hurt AAs. Today CNN's response to Trump's speech is "Please, we all know Trump doesn't give a flying gently caress about black people, let's not pretend otherwise."

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ErIog posted:

I feel like that would actually be good for the campaign so I don't want that to happen.

What would be better is if the Manafort story is just brutal enough to get Trump to defend Manafort in a stream of consciousness word salad that openly venerates Putin.

They're calling in Brietbart. Shits got no where to go but up uP UP.

By up I mean down into deeper, darker pits of horrors and poo poo.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SedanChair posted:

Relishes combat?

Trump sighed as he drew his hanzo steel

gradenko_2000 posted:

The reminded me of the big stink conservatives threw over Obama's non-guration because he slipped on the oath and I got really mad for a second.

I thought the judge hosed up the oath and Obama, being the cool cat that he is, just went along with it to avoid embarassing the guy and they did the real oath off camera later on.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

All I can think of, especially considering the date, is that he was inspired by the term "Compassionate Conservatism".

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Hillary is just going to read off Galadriel's speech to Frodo. ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR :swoon:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The rumors that have been coming out of the Trump campaign for months have been that he's chafing under Manafort's attempts to keep him on message and prevent him from saying stupid poo poo (for all the good that's done) and that he wants to bring back someone like Lewandowski who will basically let him do whatever he wants. I have no doubt that that's exactly what a couple of Breitbart writers would do.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bad Moon posted:

Hillary is just going to read off Galadriel's speech to Frodo. ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR :swoon:

Done and done :swoon:

• Locked thread