Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Necc0 posted:

It was widely suspected but we didn't have any hard evidence.

He openly was working with pro-Russian groups and it was public knowledge. It is morally dubious, but not illegal. Everyone knew that.

Nobody knew that he had *allegedly* routed 2.4 million in undisclosed money for foreign lobbying.

Lobbying for a foreign government is totally legal and fairly common. But you have to report that you are lobbying for a foreign power and receiving money from overseas. It looks like Manafort covered it up and was lobbying with foreign money as a "neutral" lobbyist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

Goddamn, a cushion user.

The fiend!!!

Also, this election has to be basically over now that Trump has literally gone full Breitbart, right? Like I'm a little scared of what his supporters will do on election day and beyond, but barring a wormhole opening in the sky there's got to be no way Trump filtering himself even less than before in an attempt to fill his rallies and get racists to smile at him is actually going to put a dent in the hole he's dug himself into, right?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
SHE'S PROPPED UP ON PILLOWS

*literally a picture of her standing*

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

SHE'S PROPPED UP ON PILLOWS

*literally a picture of her standing*

Hillary Clinton stood next to a pillow once, proving she is too frail to be president.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

computer parts posted:

According to that article it was profitable.

They're literally denying medical care to some people because they're mad at unrelated people

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That's a hell of a pillow, to be able to prop her up from so far away!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

I've heard of the KFC Double Down chicken sandwich, but this is ridiculous.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

This is great news for my pillow fetish.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Harrow posted:

That's a hell of a pillow, to be able to prop her up from so far away!

I'm the multiple pictures of pillows that clearly have no pressure on them in any way but are clearly "propping her up"

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

If you listen to his XM radio show.... I know we've thrown fascist around a lot this year, but Jesus Christ this guy is one of the most dangerously scary people in the public square.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Smart Car posted:

And grandma!

Don't some of the Trump children have kids? Is Trump a grandpa?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

computer parts posted:

According to that article it was profitable.

Yeah, the angle those stories are following is that Aetna is punishing the federal government for blocking their Humana merger.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Finally, someone who understands politics in the Weimar RepublicAmerica!

AlouetteNR
Jun 6, 2011
So this Manafort news is literally just reality copying Veep season 4 right? Manafort as Bill Ericksson, the professional fixer for a failing campaign who ends up pushed aside and ultimately criminally prosecuted?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, woke up this morning, Trump certainly couldn't have detonated his campaign only only a few short houahahahahahahahaha.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

withak posted:

This is great news for my pillow fetish.

at least it's not cake farts

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

AlouetteNR posted:

So this Manafort news is literally just reality copying Veep season 4 right? Manafort as Bill Ericksson, the professional fixer for a failing campaign who ends up pushed aside and ultimately criminally prosecuted?

Yeah but was Bill working for the Russians to destablize a region? I'm sure the writers for that show would think such an idea would be too ludicrous to include.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
But where does this Bannon guy stand on Esper control?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

If by propping her up they mean making it comfortable for someone with short legs sitting on a deep seat, then yes.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Pakled posted:

But where does this Bannon guy stand on Esper control?

He seems like a good fit for the campaign, what with his ability to heal the party every turn

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

I thought the judge hosed up the oath and Obama, being the cool cat that he is, just went along with it to avoid embarassing the guy and they did the real oath off camera later on.

Oh, this is a road you can go down with the conspiracy guys for much, much longer than any normal person should care to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvPhSUZgzxo

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Gen. Ripper posted:

USPOL August: Night of the Yuge Knives. They're The Best Knives, Really, They're Great. Very Sharp, They Cut Very Nicely

I'm kinda surprised Trump hasn't been broken down into a meme that mimics doge.
"Best knives"
"very sharp"
"Very nice"
"really"
"wow"
"great"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"You thought we were fascist before? We're just getting started!"

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Please tell me Aetna will suffer some consequences for this bullshit.

Also what the hell does it take for someone like Paul Manafort to get prosecuted? How is the FBI not arresting him over this crap? Seems if you're working with a high profile politician you can get away with anything.

I'm glad Hillary is leading in the polls, but I'm worried that beating Trump with double digits in the polls will repress turnout due people thinking it's in the bag. Is that a real concern or just arzying?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What do you think guys, would you trade Sen. Cruz for Sen. Perry?
https://twitter.com/evanasmith/status/765918478955982848

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zoux posted:

In a heartbeat. At least I can look at Perry for 20 minutes without my eyes bleeding.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

zoux posted:

I'd rather they both go to hell, but yes. Perry at least is an incompetent. I'm still nervous about Cruz modifying Trump's gameplan and bringing it out for 2020.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That same poll found him +33 over Brian McCall, who would be the moderate challenger to Cruz in a primary.

Perry hasn't said poo poo about running for Senate btw, PPP just polled a bunch of names.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
On the one hand, Ted Cruz is an agent of the long-term destruction of the GOP. On the other hand, he's likely personally responsible for a lot of government dysfunction that makes life worse for a lot of people. Perry would certainly be better short term, but the collapse of the Texas GOP is the collapse of the GOP in general.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

zoux posted:

Three reasons I'd prefer Perry:

1. gently caress Ted Cruz
2. gently caress Ted Cruz
3. Um, uh, uhoh...

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

If Manafort is out and Bannon is in, then it means that Ivanka and Jared Kushner's attempts to professionalize Trump have failed. Donald Trump Jr. was the family member who wanted to quadruple-down on the populist rhetoric. Given that Ivanka, by all accounts, was Trump's last restraint, I will be interested in seeing how the campaign goes from here. It's hard to imagine Trump being any less unfiltered.

I'm also curious if this decision was driven by the New York Times' recent investigation into Manafort. I suppose that this decision will help Trump push back on the accusations of Russian support.

Well... according to CNN today was the first day Trump received the Intel Briefing.

Manafort was fired/shuffled hours later.

:tinfoil:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Perry is a useful idiot, which I much prefer over a useless smart guy.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

zoux posted:

I would pick Rick Perry. He's like a fun, nonsensical, gaffe-prone cowboy! I could see having a beer with him, and I value that in my politicians. What could possibly go wrong?

Wait

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

To be clearer though, this is about Trump wanting to be Trump. He thinks that the problem isn't that he's a racist rear end in a top hat spewing hate and demifascism; but instead because he was being "boxed in," "managed," "not himself."

His instincts are so incredibly bad.

And that's what kind of worries me about all this. If he knows he has no chance of winning, I almost kind of believe he really will just try to burn the system down.

Jackard posted:

Have any links handy for maps speculating future coastlines?

Unfortunately no. I've seen stuff here and there, but I don't have anything bookmarked or at immediate recall.

Most of our climate stuff comes out of paleontological and sedimentological studies and is really just supporting data for more focused studies by climate scientists. I've got tons of seismic surveys though.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

this is just the start of the trail that leads to Hillary Clinton having and using a tsundere body pillow

...I have no idea what tsundere means and I have only ever seen it in the context of body pillows, mostly relating to the Barkley 2 game that will never exist

well, seeya later

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Hey, at least there's one state where Trump's rhetoric is working!

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/765908555274805248?s=09

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

Well you know as goes Mississippi so goes the nation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MS tends to be one of the "softer" deep red states so that's actually a wider lead than I'd've expected, given his performance in TX and GA.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

HorseRenoir posted:

Every time I start to lament my home state, I can always pull myself back by saying "Well, at least I'm not from Mississippi."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

HorseRenoir posted:

ah, Mississippi, where the state motto is "Y'all beck on offa mah sister...I's marryin'er first"

• Locked thread