Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

B-Rock452 posted:

I am 33 years old, work out 5 times a week and have a pillow in my work car since I wear a duty belt that kills my lower back. How is this even news? Why does anyone think this is what will finally bring hillary down

Projection has a way of doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kerrow posted:

Lumbar support. Hillary no longer crooked.

:golfclap:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised, usually the only people conservatives don't want to have comfort are the poor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

B-Rock452 posted:

I am 33 years old, work out 5 times a week and have a pillow in my work car since I wear a duty belt that kills my lower back. How is this even news? Why does anyone think this is what will finally bring hillary down

Get to the emergency room immediately

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

B-Rock452 posted:

The right wing media is desperate for anything to attack Hillary and their latest strategy is "She will literally drop dead any minute."

It's a dumb strategy, because even if she did, I'd be perfectly happy voting for America's Dad Tim Kaine, but more importantly, she's not going to die anytime soon.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

It's probably more to remind older Millenials and younger Gen X that a vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for Mom.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

1337JiveTurkey posted:

It's probably more to remind older Millenials and younger Gen X that a vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for Mom.

I'd vote for my mom for president.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Does that make Bill the Professor?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

SimonCat posted:

Imagine if FDR was running today.

Well, standing for election.

poo poo, if he was on the ballot...

He'd definitely be sitting the election out.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

I'd vote for my mom for president.

Mom/Dad is a ticket I can get behind.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I wonder if Trump ever needed a pillow for his Vietnam-evading bone spurs.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

1337JiveTurkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCV4-CXwOs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Imagine the do nothing ambassadorship you could wrangle out of that.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

Does that make Bill the Professor?

Bernie Sanders was the professor in all the memes I saw where Hillary was Mom

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Trump just uses Chris Christie as a pillow. Say what you will about the guy's policies as governor or general loathsomeness, dude's comfy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Hillary Clinton is at least two personality disorders and a pint of vodka short of that for me.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

gonna have to drop Dad from the ticket, unfortunately

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Imagine the do nothing ambassadorship you could wrangle out of that.

So long as it's a country with plenty of nice single girls that you could settle down with.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTB2bA_VwXo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/status/765956980779413504

I'm guessing the Trump support is from Pence being there.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/765956724926869505

Evan Bayh looks comfortably ahead in Indiana. That means that all the Dems need to do is flip PA or NH and the Senate is theirs.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Grundulum posted:

I, too, have friends who seized on Salazar's appointment as a(nother) signal that Clinton is unredeemable. I'm not worried about convincing them, I'm worried about them demoralizing our mutual friends who don't have the same unhealthy obsession with politics that I/we do.
Well, Salazar DID try to kill Leon Kennedy with a giant robot, so he's got that going against him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HorseRenoir posted:

Evan Bayh looks comfortably ahead in Indiana. That means that all the Dems need to do is flip PA or NH and the Senate is theirs.

Yeah, Wisconsin is likely to flip. Feingold is very popular and Johnson got in on the 2010 wave.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

Good, cause Murphy is still polling behind Rubio so FL is gonna be a letdown.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

WampaLord posted:

FL is definitely the biggest letdown of the season. Maybe NV too.

Dems need at least 50 in the Senate, get two SC justices in, then brace for the terrible reaming that is going to happen in 2018.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WampaLord posted:

Maybe. Plenty of time to hammer Rubio on his support of Trump.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jonathanellis/status/765955166751383552

Pass a constitutional amendment outlawing comment sections.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zoux posted:

Which comment sections are worse: Yahoo's or Youtube's?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

Which comment sections are worse: Yahoo's or Youtube's?

Youtube, because there's a chance you might be in a position to read it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lol at the alt right idiot bitching about censorship in the comments

comments are garbage because most people, especially the people who really really want you to know what they think, have garbage opinions

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

zoux posted:

I'll bet a Venn diagram of prolific news article commenters and people who compulsively send death threats to public figures is almost a perfect circle.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

comments are garbage because most people, especially the people who really really want you to know what they think, have garbage opinions

I also wonder if comments are full of dumb opinions because only dumb people think comments sections are worthwhile.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

zoux posted:

NPR comment section is always Gen-X dead-enders fighting the same fights they've probably been trying to make happen since 1990 so shutting it down is probably a net benefit for both NPR and the commenting brigade.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

zoux posted:

jail everyone that's posted in a comment section or holds an opinion

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

HorseRenoir posted:

PA might be a struggle but Hassan is looking pretty good in NH! And you only need to flip either of those.

Tim Kaine might be doing a lot of voting in the Senate next term.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I also wonder if comments are full of dumb opinions because only dumb people think comments sections are worthwhile.

comments are basically just social media for people who dont want to sign up for a particular social media platform. and even then some comment sections require a verified login

NPR is shifting most of their commentary to twitter, which is good for me because i refuse to use twitter because i already have enough problems as a user of this forum scrolling past dozens of bad posts until i get to one or two worth reading

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Popular Thug Drink posted:

It's not possible to tell who those commenters are; some users comment anonymously. But there are some clues that indicate those who comment are not wholly representative of the overall NPR audience: They overwhelmingly comment via the desktop (younger users tend to find NPR.org via mobile), and a Google estimate suggested that the commenters were 83 percent male, while overall NPR.org users were just 52 percent male, Montgomery said.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

ImpAtom posted:

How pathetic must you feel writing about Hillary Clinton's pillows?

The most likely explanation I can think of is that this is another case of Trump campaign projecting. Trump may be suffering from a terminal illness. Or maybe he is just physically weak, on account of his baby hands.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

The most likely explanation I can think of is that this is another case of Trump campaign projecting. Trump may be suffering from a terminal illness. Or maybe he is just physically weak, on account of his baby hands.

I'm pretty sure the "Trump has a terminal illness" thing is as much a fever dream as the "Clinton has a terminal illness" thing, but the Trump campaign does place a massive amount of importance on appearing "strong." All they want to do is make Clinton appear physically weaker than Trump, because they equate strength with correctness.

Incidentally I'm pretty sure this strategy is backfiring hard because Trump appears insanely weak to all but his most ardent supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fitzy Fitz posted:

There's absolutely a vicious cycle. Every conflict reduces the will to participate of everyone involved except the trolls. Eventually they're winnowed away and all you have left are the screaming psychos who actually enjoy both abusing and receiving abuse, so it's continuous madness unless you either invest in a mod team who can keep them under control or pull the plug.

• Locked thread