Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Sorus posted:

Learning how to model (and texture) due to this game, and the new blocks they showed off .. I want to emulate that style but it's kind of intimidating.
So just start trying! What's the worst that could happen? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
True. I just find Blender to be an unintuitive mess, sadly. And SE itself is fiddly as poo poo, I've had some thrusters melt themselves on the small ship version but the large are fine.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I'm one of those humble bundle engineer posers. I played a few hours yesterday, trying the easy starts, then trying lone survivor (two attempts and I couldn't find uranium before running out) before realizing I should be starting on Asteroids. I found a great asteroid with uranium and iron inside, flew to another in the ship, being careful to point the ship after parking at the home base, then flew off in my jetpack and lost the base and ship. Oops.

I'm going to start over now that I know about GPS markers.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Powers posted:

I'm one of those humble bundle engineer posers. I played a few hours yesterday, trying the easy starts, then trying lone survivor (two attempts and I couldn't find uranium before running out) before realizing I should be starting on Asteroids. I found a great asteroid with uranium and iron inside, flew to another in the ship, being careful to point the ship after parking at the home base, then flew off in my jetpack and lost the base and ship. Oops.

I'm going to start over now that I know about GPS markers.
That's an awesome first go of it. :)

It is possible to find Uranium (and Gold) on a planet, but it's generally pretty deep underground. I believe the only ore you won't find on a planet is Platinum--at least, I've never encountered it. Most of your time on a planet will be spent building Batteries and Solar Panels to keep your Refineries and Assemblers running through the night, and then foraging for resources to build a ship with Hydrogen Thrusters on it to leave the surface. Once you get to space, you spend your first while looking for Platinum, and then building your new ship with Ion Thrusters. :)

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I'm waiting to do planets.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I wish Planets did not need to be manually placed when not doing a solar system start.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Planets lag the everliving poo poo out of my computer, unfortunately.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I am very happy. In my new Asteroids game from last night, I finally managed to find all ores and map them. Silver was the most elusive, and the timing worked out well because I managed to bump my ship while navigating a passage and destroyed two thrusters.

I've got everything stockpiled that I need to start bringing up either a station for refining and assembling, or a small ship for building/mining in caves (because my modified and enlarged respawn ship fared so well!).

If I put a connector on a station, the ship can power the station, correct? I'm hoping to put an ARC furnace or two down quickly to offload some of the refining.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Powers posted:

I am very happy. In my new Asteroids game from last night, I finally managed to find all ores and map them. Silver was the most elusive, and the timing worked out well because I managed to bump my ship while navigating a passage and destroyed two thrusters.

I've got everything stockpiled that I need to start bringing up either a station for refining and assembling, or a small ship for building/mining in caves (because my modified and enlarged respawn ship fared so well!).

If I put a connector on a station, the ship can power the station, correct? I'm hoping to put an ARC furnace or two down quickly to offload some of the refining.

Both connectors have to be powered for them to connect. You can use a Battery (they start with a little charge) or a Solar Panel for cheap energy; you only need like 1 watt for the connection, and then yes power flows freely between them.

OR, you can use a Merge Block to glue your ship to the station: this does not require power, and is similarly temporary (as long as the Merge is the only point of contact)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Just keep in mind that Merge Blocks will futz with your grid names a fair bit. If you've got any scripts via Programmable Blocks that interact with blocks, you'll want to be careful when you use Merge Blocks.

Also, as an aside, a personal frustration with Merge Blocks: they seem to rely on whichever grid is larger by block count for determining radio communications via Antennae. That is to say, you can have a simple Space Station (Large Grid Station) floating in space, only a few dozen blocks, with an Antenna and Remote Control on it for easy remote access and inventory management--but as soon as you connect a Mining Ship (Large Grid Ship) with no Antenna but a Beacon, the entire Space Station becomes inaccessible to remote access, because the largest grid by attachment has no Antenna. You can be floating in space withing spitting distance of the drat thing, but when you pull up your Terminal window and check the Nearby Signals screen, the station won't exist!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Nalin posted:

It is a programming thing. It's basically an anonymous function. The programmable blocks use C# so they are saying that they've fixed a problem with using C# lambda functions.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397687.aspx
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16501/what-is-a-lambda-function

e: Didn't mean to empty quote. Doh.

I freaking hate lambdas. They're an annoying as poo poo shortcut that makes your code less readable for very little to no benefit over standard methods.

Anyway, the release last Thursday broke scripts that use it, most notably for me Taleden's Inventory Management.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 17, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
We've got a very early set of patches this week.

quote:

Summary
This week’s update brings you more bugfixes and improvements, as well as a new animation when rotating blocks. This short animation should help players better see how blocks are being rotated.
Improvements this week focus mainly on rotors, pistons and wheels when flying in a ship. Other bugs fixed include trees being too strong, mirroring issues with the refinery, certain cases of ships sinking through voxel, and teleporting through walls by exiting cockpits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4AnVxD91lU

Features
- animated rotation box and block preview ( can be turned off in game settings )

Fixes
- fixed trees being too "tough", breaking grids too easily
- fixed mirroring issues for Refinery block
- fixed Save version checking for MP and SP
- fixed no clipping caused by exiting cockpit
- fixed copy/paste issues when copying grids with wheels
- fixed Small Advanced Rotor spinning when placed to empty space
- fixed ships sinking into the voxel
- fixed Pistons/Rotors wheels disconnecting when flying with ship
- fixed Blueprint exploding after locking landing gears to a grid

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 01.144 Stable version
Today's update to the stable branch contains most bug fixes from the past month. It also includes certain features, like the new building system and modding changes. However, it does not include recent features like the meteor improvements - for those, jump over to the dev branch to try them out.

Features
- ModAPI updated
- revised building system
- 3rd person zoom and other control changes (In order to zoom now: Alt+ Mouse Wheel Scroll)
- space master can cycle through GPS coordinates now
- backup saves
- inverse kinematics for all characters and fauna

Fixes
- fixed issue when player can't complete the fourth tutorial
- fixed placing new blocks in space creates two blocks
- fixed exiting from cockpit in survival causes to jump to third person
- fixed turrets ignoring decoys
- fixed character flying up when controlling ship remotely
- fixed new thrusters not working
- fixed 5x5 wheel suspension for mirror mode
- fixed LCD panels being pink when turned off
- fixed faint highlight on small grid
- fixed Light Armor Inverted Corner block causing clipping
- fixed 1st planetary tutorial drill not possible to equip
- fixed Antenna on Rotor can't access other antennas (Out of Broadcast range bug)
- fixed corpse waypoint does not update when moved
- fixed walking on alien sand having the grass animation
- fixed lag when placing blocks
- fixed projectors not loading blueprints in survival
- blocks in groups now remember last orientation used
- search in G-menu will find all hidden blocks now
- groups now remember the last selected block
- tweaked inverse kinematics for character in 1st person
- fixed grids list button being unclickable in terminal
- fixed character standing in cockpit after victory animation
- fixed entering cockpit while falling and exiting it
- fixed spider attack animation being too fast
- fixed rifle can't use more than 1 type of ammo
- fixed logging issues from SharpDX
- fixed Sorter draining all bouncing items in wrong direction
- fixed player position being under Cryochamber when actually inside
- fixed server rank desync
- fixed impossibility of camera rotation in front of hangar doors
- fixed rotor speed not coming back to zero at right click
- fixed stuck camera automatic zoom
- fixed character jump
- fixed pirates are not shooting grids with one block assigned to Pirates
- fixed walking on alien sand has the grass animation.
- fixed safety Locking Blocks Conveyors
- fixed log spammed when blueprint resources runs out.
- fixed uneditable grids in creative mode missions
- fixed straight conveyor tube NOT available in large grid
- fixed rotors snap after loading
- fixed welding projections are sometimes not possible
- fixed battery does not function properly through toolbar shortcuts.
- fixed turning on Projectors with stored blueprints activates the Station-laying boundary box
- fixed enable/disable Sabroids [Spiders] is missing in advanced menu
- fixed disabled thrusters still working
- fixed unable to complete 10th basic tutorial
- fixed character standing in cockpit with jetpack on
- fixed piston head connectors disapearing
- fixed small beacon block group problem
- fixed projection is not visible after turning projector off and on again
- fixed being unable to go down with atmospheric lander
- improved mouse control for character
- fixed crash in add constraint
- fixed crash in antenna
- fixed rotation for clients on other clients
- fixed spectator switching to character when aiming with gun
- fixed 2nd player does not see message when sitting inside cockpits of the same ship
- fixed no oxygen when near closed Sliding Door
- fixed door invisible when starting a game again after save in Cryopod
- fixed thrusters don't power up unless cycled
- fixed airvent triggers don't work
- fixed SE hangs on world load with lots of active projectors
- fixed crash at Havok.HkBreakOffListener.breakOffSubPart
- fixed inventory not being able to find containers.
- fixed elite and standard tools running at the same speed
- fixed power down grid from secondary cockpit
- fixed explosions sounds too short and the sound skips
- fixed save hangs at the loading screen
- fixed several issues with projector
- fixed memory crash in emitters
- fixed pilot in 3rd person when exiting cockpit
- fixed crash in string measuring
- fixed spawning stone when drilling stones on DS

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I built a platform last night with an arc furnace for each ore, a dedicated uranium refinery, and two slave assemblers to the one on my ship (when docked).

Is there any way to limit what refineries will pull in other than sorter conveyors? It took up a lot of space because of that system. I also had this weird construct where one side of the furnaces was filtered input, and the other side was filtered output to keep them from sneaking ores in the back door. It just seemed like a lot of sorter blocks for a relatively simple concept.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Unfortunately, no. Sorters are kind of screwy and wonky. You'll need a Sorter on the door you decide to be "in," whitelisting only the ore type you want pulled in; you'll need a Sorter on the door you designate "out," whitelisting only the outgoing refined product.

An easier solution, in my experience, is to simply mine up so much raw ore that each refinery in your system gets a full inventory of a single ore type. Sure, as soon as it finally gets through that load, it'll start pulling whatever, but if you have such a sheer amount of raw ore, it doesn't matter, right? :)

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I have a lot of ore. Not enough to fill the three furnaces, but the concern I have is ingot production. If they all ended up refining cobalt instead of iron and nickel, then things will get unbalanced. I'm just trying to avoid the manual effort.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Could try a Programmable Block and Taleden's Inventory Manager. AFAIK it's working again.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

I made a kind of "Production Brick" with filtered storage and refineries with the goal of making it expandable and tile-able. You can just add more downward without more sorters and you can expand left or right with new categories of sorters/storage/production unit. The one pictured only uses 12 sorters total and about 5x7x18 as shown. It covers everything so far, from raw ore to ammo and 02/H storage. Four sorter pairs on storage (Raw ores, Materials, Components, Ammo+Explosives) and 2 pairs on refineries (Rare ore, Common ore) but can be modified as needed. It's also setup so that if you connect it to your main base from the conveyor at the far end in the picture the outputs from production blocks will go to their desired storage 1st. If you add a "suck all" sorter+dock on the near end conveyor, it will serve as an auto pull/sort and start processing with no programmable blocks at all.

I'm using it as a core for my planetary outpost that's never really done. Setup vertically like this, I would just have to add more storage/refinery/assemblers downward underground and not have to "expand" my base outward on the surface when I need more storage or production blocks.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I prefer a one-way digestive system.

Mining Ship Connector -->Stone Storage --(S1)--> Ore Cargo --> Refineries --(S2)--> Ingot Cargo --> Assemblers --(S3)--> Parts Cargo ----> Constructor Ship Connector

S1- Blacklist Stone [When the cargo gets full, grind it off, let rock roll/float away, rebuild], Drain All
S2- Blacklist Ores
S3- Blacklist Ingots

And one final conveyor back to the Mine Connector, with 'whitelist Gas' so those ships can refuel and/or so the entire conveyor system gets gassed (if airtight/hydrogen powered etc)
Four total conveyors regardless of Refinery/Assembler count.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

That's a very elegant solution, Evilreaver! :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If anyone else is looking for a good holographic map/radar mod, check out the Holo Projector mod because it's amazing.

Zoomed out juuust far enough to actually show the Battlecarrier and not a location icon.

Uses icons to show ships nearby, in realtime motion-tracking even as they zoom around. You can also switch the tracked ship or asteroid and zoom in/out on it.

It'll even track incoming missile (or cannon) fire.

As well as your own outgoing ordinance :allears:. It's also pretty drat lag-free. And considering the size of the Avalon Battlecarrier, it'd be real obvious real fast if it wasn't.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The conveyor belt tutorial does not have all the materials you need. The tutorials require completion before you can do the next one. Great game.

e: Game crashed when trying to load in to a world. :v:

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 20, 2016

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I played this on a LAN today. I don't know how much of the issues we had were MP glitches and how much was just getting through so much more building with four people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So I am turbobad at ship design but gently caress me I am super proud of my sick engine cowls:

Yeah you can stand next to the thruster during burns and watch, it owns.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've not played for a few patches - but the interface seems to have changed a ton. I don't have station/large ship size conveyors in my inventory and blocks don't seem to snap to grids any more, they just start new grids. :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TTerrible posted:

I've not played for a few patches - but the interface seems to have changed a ton. I don't have station/large ship size conveyors in my inventory and blocks don't seem to snap to grids any more, they just start new grids. :(

Wave them closer at the grids, and try seeing what the scroll wheel on the mouse now does :ssh:. Also try pressing R.

Ctrl + scroll wheel will control the distance of the block you're currently placing, incidentally.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wave them closer at the grids, and try seeing what the scroll wheel on the mouse now does :ssh:. Also try pressing R.

Ctrl + scroll wheel will control the distance of the block you're currently placing, incidentally.

Also you need to click the small ship category in the g menu to find some things like the small ship large conveyor tubes.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Am I the only one who really REALLY wants a mod that will give your ships Chris Foss style paint jobs?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ah poo poo, nice. I did have a quick look through the F1 help stuff but it wasn't in there. I didn't think it would be as simple as the scrollwheel. Does R interact with blocks with the little + on them or something? I want my conveyor tubes back :(

Spookydonut posted:

Also you need to click the small ship category in the g menu to find some things like the small ship large conveyor tubes.

Yeah, the category thing seemed to just gently caress stuff up for me. I couldn't select certain blocks that I know work on both large and small. I had to flick to small, select the block then place it. The whole thing seems a bit unweildy. I think the block in question was an antenna or something. I've only got conveyor tube corners for some bizzare reason.

EDIT: The mouse wheel trick is cool, but I still can't build anything on a large ship or station grid because half the blocks aren't there. :shobon: Oh well, i'll try again in a few patches.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 23, 2016

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

squidflakes posted:

Am I the only one who really REALLY wants a mod that will give your ships Chris Foss style paint jobs?

You know you can paint your ships block by block right? Stripes and checkerboard patterns are easy. For more complicated patterns you can use carefully placed slope blocks.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

TTerrible posted:

Ah poo poo, nice. I did have a quick look through the F1 help stuff but it wasn't in there. I didn't think it would be as simple as the scrollwheel. Does R interact with blocks with the little + on them or something? I want my conveyor tubes back :(

R toggles between large and small grids. Blocks with the + on them are ones you can use the scroll wheel to cycle through different versions of them. So to get a conveyor tube you select the conveyor block (in placement mode, not the G menu) then scroll the mouse wheel until you get the block you want.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

RandomBlue posted:

e: Didn't mean to empty quote. Doh.

I freaking hate lambdas. They're an annoying as poo poo shortcut that makes your code less readable for very little to no benefit over standard methods.

Anyway, the release last Thursday broke scripts that use it, most notably for me Taleden's Inventory Management.

If you've never had need of complex closures then I feel ya, but MAN they are mind blowing for that purpose. It's like magic. Also handy for small parallel structures. I always swat junior devs on my team trying to be all impressive with them for no good reason though.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

R toggles between large and small grids. Blocks with the + on them are ones you can use the scroll wheel to cycle through different versions of them. So to get a conveyor tube you select the conveyor block (in placement mode, not the G menu) then scroll the mouse wheel until you get the block you want.

None of this is working :psyduck: I think I need to wipe my install and start again. I miss making spaceships in down time at work.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Try resetting your controls to default, they added a bunch of controls over time and reworked them a bunch so if you've run the same config for a while they get screwed up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

quote:

Summary
Hey Engineers! In today’s update to the development branch, we're releasing the first batch of render improvements. Proper PBR rendering has been introduced, along with adding Nvidia HBAO, static decals on models, and tons of other features and improvements. Please keep in mind that this is still work in progress - more improvements and optimizations are on the way. We would also like to ask for your feedback and bug reports in the bug section of our forums: http://forum.keenswh.com/forums/bug-reports.326950/ Thanks a lot in advance!
The main area of bug fixing this week was reducing memory leaks on planets. Other bugs fixed include sabiroids being able to dig into grids, animation of ship dampeners not showing and freezes caused by sabiroids and cargo ships. Enjoy! Also, as part of our visual tweaking, cyberhounds have been changed to wolves.
Please note: The development branch used by players who want to play with weekly updates has been renamed to "develop" as it better matches our internal naming conventions for the branches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VKfi7DxiA0

Render improvements:
- Detailed blog post: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2016/08/guest-post-by-jan-hlousek-vrage-render_25.html
- proper PBR rendering
- added HBAO from nVidia
- added static decals on models
- new tonemapping / colorization effects
- added atmosphere coverage of skybox in day time, re-tweaked all atmospheres
- improved voxel rendering
- improved spotlight shadows
- improved bloom
- improved emissivity
- improved direct and ambient lighting and shadowing
- improved grass rendering - work in progress
- improved decals on glass (damage visuals appearing when shooting the glass)
- improved impostor rendering (trees in distance) - work in progress
- data driven setup of renderer (through environment.sbc)

Fixes
- reduced memory leaks on planets
- updated all sound blocks to be less hardware demanding.
- removed "red and orange" dots particle effect from alien grass
- added correct conveyor/block icon
- fixed cargo ship freeze
- fixed sabroid freeze
- fixed override on Ion Thrusters not showing animation
- fixed dampeners animation not showing
- fixed shaking of camera when shooting and hitting enemies
- fixed swapping of tool level in creative while exiting/entering cockpit
- fixed inactive landing gear still showing that it is ready to lock even tho it is not possible
- fixed that RMB does not reset options to their default in the Options menu
- fixed the 'IsShooting' boolean of IMyUserControllableGun for programmable blocks
- fixed camera overlay not switching when HUD is turned off
- fixed "ghost" drill that kept working after disconnecting from drill
- fixed turret not resetting to idle movement after shooting at target
- fixed turret not responding to players joining its faction in front of it
- fixed spiders being able to dig into grid
- fixed being able to still type to panels that were deleted/grinded
- fixed lander oxygen levels not being correct during descent
- fixed control panel issue with items not being displayed due to scroll bar issues
- fixed bad precision with build block when far from center of the universe
- fixed checkbox for destructible blocks not being saved
- fixed that texts is auto highlighted when splitting resources in your inventory
- fixed Atmospheric Lander dampeners not working when going up in a gravity well

Important!:
Development branch has been renamed to 'Develop'. If you use a script to update your server, you'll need to change your script or your server will default back to stable branch.

The geniuses misnumbered the in-game version again, so you'll need to dig into your savegame's config file and dial back the version number there (it thinks it's version 1.144.11) to stop the game throwing a fit about it being made in a newer version.

edit: Mod block textures are apparently broken as well, but I'm curious to see if that's just a knock-on effect from the incorrect version number.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 26, 2016

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

- fixed inactive landing gear still showing that it is ready to lock even tho it is not possible

Is not that bug I was telling you about but a different one I noticed.

Can't seem to replicate that one so it might have been fixed.

Also Neddy shoot me a message when you're online I have some ~ideas~ for you.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
While I remember; Who wants prefab ship parts?

Have a World full of prefab ship parts. There's a few sample ships and a station scattered around as well. I still need to put together a central module with projectors for the general part set in it because I'm lazy.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The geniuses misnumbered the in-game version again, so you'll need to dig into your savegame's config file and dial back the version number there (it thinks it's version 1.144.11) to stop the game throwing a fit about it being made in a newer version.

edit: Mod block textures are apparently broken as well, but I'm curious to see if that's just a knock-on effect from the incorrect version number.

This week's release was pretty poo poo. In addition to those issues them changing the name of the dev branch from development to develop caused fun problems, switching people from dev to stable with no notification and messing with dev-branch servers.

Not sure how that missing texture bug wasn't caught and didn't get hotfixed immediately. Oh well, that's what I get for being on the devlopment... err.. develop branch.

e: Also noticed the ship floating away from planets issue seems to be happening a lot more the last couple of weeks. I'm now paranoid about parking my ships on anything that isn't a structure. Desync seems to be happening a lot more with this release as well. I've seen this fun one several times yesterday as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAQo2Ua76Cc

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 27, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you want to get at your existing savegames for the moment, do the following steps;

• Download Notepad++ and install it.
  • Go to where you savegames are stored (eg; C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves\(Long string of numbers)\.
  • Open the folder with the samegame you want to play.
  • Right-click on the Sandbox.sbc file and select "Edit with Notepad++
  • Search for the section called "Appversion". Change the numbers there to 1144011
  • Save and open the savegame inside Space Engineers.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Starting to get back in to SE and have been browsing patch notes. I have some questions. I swear I saw that they fixed cockpit toolbars not saving on dedicated servers. I couldn't find what weekly update that was. Is that fixed and on the stable branch? To they really work just like in SP? I see that if I merge/unmerge too fast my groups still get wiped in SP. I had all my toolbar actions as groups so when things broke I didn't have to grind down the cockpit+remote every time. If I could get rid of a ton of my groupings that would be nice.

Is the connector safety as reliable as merge blocks without needing one for safety on DS? I used to have connector+merge on my large ships to prevent wobble and jitter. Is that still necessary? My DS machine is down for now and can't test these things myself. If they are, I might start updating my ships and get some friends back online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any goon servers for space engineers? Seems like the big draw to the game is multiplayer ship battles but I don't have the patience to hop pubbie servers and find one without retarded rules/griefers

• Locked thread