Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

to be fair he also rambled on about his life having no meaning and PoE being a fruitless endeavor so im not sure whether mr baked 'plays PoE 25/8' chicken reacts to anything at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Me the priciest thing I want is a Voll's Devotion for this CoC discharger I'm running, and it'll probably be it for this league (they're gonna kill CoC discharge next league).

Started on Sunday, playing a few hours a day, and I'm near end of cruel. And that's with me spending multiple hours pre-buying my endgame gear.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

(they're gonna kill CoC discharge next league).

I hope they do; good loving riddance tbh.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4hp15eUb_E

Not much revealed... :geno:

...is that a new 2H base though?OK so I don't have every MTX memorized

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 17, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

whypick1 posted:

...is that a new 2H base though?

looks like the mtx titan maul to me

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

whypick1 posted:

...is that a new 2H base though?

Thats the Titan Maul MTX.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Ultima66 posted:

Prolif does not preclude pyre. Pyre only destroys corpses if you get the killing blow using a hit. You can avoid this by using Southbound gloves.

Vortex - Ele Prolif - Controlled Destruction - Increased AoE - Pick 2 of Empower lvl 3/4, Iron Will, Less Duration, Rapid Decay, Concentrated Effect

Southbound gloves is another big reason I think low life is bad for this build. There's a lack of good double dipping supports for Vortex, Southbound + Pyre make the build play much better, and going high life/strength lets you use Iron Will as a 6th link which works very well with it. Unfortunately I have no character reference for this because my current Vortex is specced into the bad low life build that doesn't use Ele Prolif.

Also worth nothing: Rapid Decay and Ice Golem (Elementalist double golems) are the only things in the build that require any dex at all. I wore Astramentis for it, but that's obviously not ideal. Using Less Duration and skipping double golems for elementalist while wearing Shaper's Seed is probably a much better idea if you're going RF.

yeah, I don't want to run southbound on a LL build so might drop prolif all together - the AoE on vortex is really big anyway.

Here are some build guides that I was looking at for inspiration: Yalani's Low Life Righteous Fire and Myra Burning Vortex

The other choice is to go Vaal Righteous Fire (and Vaal Pact) instead of normal RF. Way better boss 1-shots, but it's a lot less reliable and given how much my cats like standing on my keyboard the chance of firing a blank is probably a bit too much for me.

e: the idea is that LL Guardian gives a bunch of life regen, ES, and fire resistance from aura effect. This greatly reduces my tree requirements meaning it's much easier for me to go for a Leo mod shield, or even something like Aegis Aurora with the extra armor. That last one might be a bit too cute though, since I won't be able to max out on armor or block chance like an actual Aurora build would.

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 17, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ButtWolf posted:

Btw, ive got a 49 witch, what should i respec into. She was a summoner but want something else.

Elementalist is pretty newb friendly (until it gets nerfed next league).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

Bullshit. You can clear t15 selffound if you know what you're doing.

E: Are you talking about random-newbie-picking-skillpoints? Because that hits a brick wall long before merciless.

Correct I was presuming he doesn't know what he's doing.

I had a HH once. Sold it after a week or two. It isn't that great IMO unless you literally have nothing else you need to upgrade to.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ultima66 posted:

Yeah that's the point.

The economy is in a way better place now than it was say 1.5 years ago. Before Sacrifice of the Vaal basically all T1 uniques were worth 50-100 exalts. SotV introduced Atziri chest and axe which were worth about 100 exalts IIRC and Atziri glove which was worth around 150 exalts? I remember the first league I ever got a good drop was the Mjolner league where people were trading a 6L Shav's (worth 80 exalts) for a Mjolner. 35 exalts for a Soul Taker used to be a good deal, and the best caster builds used double Void Battery (80 exalts each).

And remember this was before the super overinflated legacy league uniques were allowed to come into the normal game through specific means. I imagine if you could get Headhunter in the same way back then as you can now, a Headhunter would probably be worth around 1000 exalts. Basically lol if you ever wanted to play a build using t1 uniques and you were the average player who is barely in the top 10000 ladder of a league.

The gloves got up to 250ex right after their rarity was changed. In the patch before Act 4 was added I got a pair of gloves as a drop and sold them for 135ex. I do like the economy more now than before when everything was insanely expensive. Sadly the only thing that is that expensive anymore are top tier rare items. I am REALLY excited about crafting some gg rares.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I think it's cool that things are at the level now where you can earn them through just playing/farming/pushing content instead of having to spend a lot of time trading, even though I trade a bunch to get more value out of my currency

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I need some magical person to be my poe investment banker. Take my currency and flip it a bunch and give me back more.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

funmanguy posted:

I need some magical person to be my poe investment banker. Take my currency and flip it a bunch and give me back more.

Sure, get 10 friends to invest and you get a guaranteed return!!!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'll take your currency but I'm not so sure about the 'giving back more' thing, that sounds like a scam

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Sounds legit, where do i send my exalts?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I always get bored pretty quickly, but I do enjoy being able to actually get some good stuff. I just checked last night and it turns out I have a 6L Coil, a 365 DPS Harbinger, Atziri's Acuity and 18 ex in reserve. By far the best I've gotten in a league, of course chancing Skyforth was a big part of that, but I did have pretty poor luck apart from that.

I'm tempted to try for 36, but I don't want to burn out before the patch.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

funmanguy posted:

Sounds legit, where do i send my exalts?

KaruiPrince69

Not sure whether I trust myself enough to stay interested to margin trade with someone else's money tbh

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

killstealing posted:

KaruiPrince69

Not sure whether I trust myself enough to stay interested to margin trade with someone else's money tbh

Yeah, I just get jealous of people like vox and his cabal of libertarian nerds. 75% of them farm like mad and the other 25% do all the trades, then they split the currency at the end of the league. But even those nerds still get into slap fights every other league.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I got jealous when someone showed a mirror to me that they said they got through margin trading alt orbs

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I invited a friend to try out PoE since he liked D2 quite a lot. He found an exalt in cruel A1 and used it on a garbage rare since he didn't know it was valuable :shepface:

I guess I should have warned him; I told him to hold on to jewellers and chaos and whatnot, but I guess I didn't expect him to find an ex that early

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

killstealing posted:

I got jealous when someone showed a mirror to me that they said they got through margin trading alt orbs

man that must have taken a butt load of trades. I was doing divines to chaos and back along with fusing to exalt and back and it was slow but steady. Never got anywhere near a mirror in currency. Eventually just made a second account to make it easy so I could keep playing my main.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Holyshoot posted:

man that must have taken a butt load of trades. I was doing divines to chaos and back along with fusing to exalt and back and it was slow but steady. Never got anywhere near a mirror in currency. Eventually just made a second account to make it easy so I could keep playing my main.

Yeah they probably didn't just do alt orbs lol, that's insane. But yeah I could have done a lot more margin trading with the couple exalts I made.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I've never understood playing the game just to amass currency. If you want to fund some stupidly expensive build and need tons of ex, or want to craft a perfect item, that's one thing, but it seems weird to me to play just to hoard as much as you can.

J posted:

A lot of them are probably selling the currency in some way, like on d2jsp or some other site.
Fair point, I forgot people do that.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 17, 2016

J
Jun 10, 2001

Mystery Prize posted:

I've never understood playing the game just to amass currency. If you want to fund some stupidly expensive build and need tons of ex, or want to craft a perfect item, that's one thing, but it seems weird to me to play just to hoard as much as you can.

A lot of them are probably selling the currency in some way, like on d2jsp or some other site.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

I presume they also do it to amass to their standard wealth where it's probably harder to buy or sell anything not awesome.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Mystery Prize posted:

A mild, less disgusting case of http://www.aetv.com/shows/hoarders

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone feel like looking at a skill tree real quick? I'm now at a point where I can really get efficient with the build. I just need to learn a lot about the skill tree again. It's about 200% bigger than I remember.
Here

Earthquake. I'm doing fine now with trash jewelry, but looks like I have some attack speed which I now don't need and a little extra mana.

Catalyse 1 node. 24% more elemental damage. I have added fire support, but I don't know if that makes a big difference. I can actually save 7 if I back track from Devotion as well. Use that to go up to Purity of Flesh for life and chaos res?
Berserking 3 nodes by the scion can go.
One AS below Destroyer. One small mana below duelist.

Does that seem about right? Where do I need to go with em? Just copy another build probably?
Anyone need some blessed orbs and chisels? I need regrets now.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 17, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Here's what I would do wit hthe points you have available.

More life, more armour, more resistances. Art of the Gladiator is a fantastic node that you really shouldnt skip. The movementspeed you get from it is great, and the rest of the stats are good too (except for accuracy which you dont need).

The only thing you really need for mana is a source of physical mana leech. You can craft that on your gloves with Haku lvl5 if you have an open prefix. If/when you do that, you can drop Mana Flows.

My suggested EQ 6link: EQ->Less Duration->Melee Physical Damage->Fortify->Weapon Elemental Damage->Added fire. If you dont have access to a 5 or 6link, drop 2 of the last three. Play around with what you like the most. If you dont have a 5link, you should ask someone in guild to hook you up, because at this point they should be worth gently caress all for basic ones.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Here's what I would do wit hthe points you have available.

More life, more armour, more resistances. Art of the Gladiator is a fantastic node that you really shouldnt skip. The movementspeed you get from it is great, and the rest of the stats are good too (except for accuracy which you dont need).

The only thing you really need for mana is a source of physical mana leech. You can craft that on your gloves with Haku lvl5 if you have an open prefix. If/when you do that, you can drop Mana Flows.

My suggested EQ 6link: EQ->Less Duration->Melee Physical Damage->Fortify->Weapon Elemental Damage->Added fire. If you dont have access to a 5 or 6link, drop 2 of the last three. Play around with what you like the most. If you dont have a 5link, you should ask someone in guild to hook you up, because at this point they should be worth gently caress all for basic ones.

I have 2 5Ls. I don't have a fortify gem, but will get one and replace fire. My other 5L is CWDT - EC - IC - Shell - Golem which is pretty good IMO.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Enduring Cry doesn't work with CwDT anymore. All Cry skills are no longer spells, hence cannot be casted by CwDT. Otherwise that's a solid CwDT setup.

Pro-tip: Hover over a socketed gem and it will highlight all linked gems that support it/it supports.

War Bringer would probably be your best choice for 4th Ascendancy (if you get that far). Or you could live dangerously and go Aspect of Carnage

TheRat posted:

2% from Pain Reaver not enough?

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 17, 2016

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
I don't think you need Mana Flows w/ the Berserker Pain Reaver ascendancy point.

I agree with Rat about droping Hematophagy though if you're already resist capped you don't really need to Elementalist or Diamond Skin unless you want more flexibility with gearing choices.

Butchery is way more point efficient than Martial Experience. Go for Bone Breaker as well if you use maces.

Have you thought about grabbing the 3 extra endurance charge nodes? Also there's always more % life to get. :)

I think the more important question is whether you lacking damage or defenses.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

I have 2 5Ls. I don't have a fortify gem, but will get one and replace fire. My other 5L is CWDT - EC - IC - Shell - Golem which is pretty good IMO.

Enduring Cry doesnt actually trigger off of cwdt anymore so you should move that to a 4link. Then you should use that second 5link for an ancestral warchief totem to help you in bossfights.
Something like Warchief->Melee Phys->Less Duration->Added fire->Weapon Elemental Damage. This setup really loving murders bosses.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

climboutonalimb posted:

I don't think you need Mana Flows w/ the Berserker Pain Reaver ascendancy point.

I agree with Rat about droping Hematophagy though if you're already resist capped you don't really need to Elementalist or Diamond Skin unless you want more flexibility with gearing choices.

Butchery is way more point efficient than Martial Experience. Go for Bone Breaker as well if you use maces.

Have you thought about grabbing the 3 extra endurance charge nodes? Also there's always more % life to get. :)

I think the more important question is whether you lacking damage or defenses.

Yeah my resists are like 30/70/30/5 or something like that. I would like flexibility to use IR/IQ if I wanted. Although my survivability is still good, tier 3 maps are cake except for the rare occasion I get blasted by 4 groups at once. I don't have access to anything beyond that though. I think my dmg is fine right now, my EQ just got to lvl 17.
If I change to get more ele res and swap EC with a totem setup, then fortify for Added fire, I'm probably good, then just need a better weapon. 163-244 1.53 aps lol.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I use conc effect instead of less duration on the warchief

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait, I went Berserker so should I even do Fortify?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

Wait, I went Berserker so should I even do Fortify?

Yes

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just take the Rampart nodes?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ButtWolf posted:

Just take the Rampart nodes?

those make fortify go from 20 to 23% reduction, not as significant as you think

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

whypick1 posted:

2% from Pain Reaver not enough?

Yeah, I had a brain malfunction and didnt consider the berserker leech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If everyone isn't tired of me by now, how about a gear check? I know armor ok and 2H stuff and jewelry. Never had archer or 1H. Also I'm sure proj speed has changed a lot and is real bad or something.

Rugged Quiver(discontinued)
2-3 cold dmg (should re-roll) edit: NM can't reroll that
---
23% ele weapons+
34% crit mult
52 life
40% lightning res
36% projectile speed

Wand
64% spell dmg
20% Phys dmg
23% lightning dmg