Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

Be careful wth the non-Wilko mods; they can cause instability in weird ways.

The TLDQ mods have been pretty stable, really. It'd be nice if they all had compatibility checkers, though.

Don't you roll vanilla anyhow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
[[citation needed]] is all you have to say, really.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

THE CHORSE posted:

You mean Crime.net, where you have to wait through twenty "lucky" random selections of Normal Shadow Raid, Hard Jewelry Store, Normal Transport: Underpass, Hard Bank Heist: Gold, Very Hard Bank Heist: Deposit, Normal Mallcrasher, etc., before finally giving up and buying a good DW heist?

http://lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=14596

My friend uses this often when he hosts.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
On console its slightly annoying not being able to browse existing games...only querying for specific combos and hoping something comes up.

The xb360 had it but xb1 took it away with Crimewave Edition.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The TLDQ mods have been pretty stable, really. It'd be nice if they all had compatibility checkers, though.

Don't you roll vanilla anyhow?

I exclusively run goonmod, mostly for gage coins.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

FAUXTON posted:

Crime.net where your driver is disposable

Bain is actually the owner of Uber. That's how he tricks them all to join and then easily kills all of his "Twitch"es before he has to pay them.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Here's a mutator idea. The Totally Random mutator randomizes the difficulty, the heist, your loadout, including equipment and mods, your skills, your player characters, your mask, and of course other mutators!

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Skunkrocker posted:

Here's a mutator idea. The Totally Random mutator randomizes the difficulty, the heist, your loadout, including equipment and mods, your skills, your player characters, your mask, and of course other mutators!

Sounds like a new and interesting way to immediately CTD!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Help me. My house burned down when I was cooking lasagna and now I am homeless and my face is now like this.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you're HORROR CLAUS

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Question: How often do you run into people using hacks and cheats in the game? I just finished the Big Bank heist on Death Wish with a group, and when it came time to drill the vault, it just automatically opened. I think they also created way more turrets then you're able to, because none of the enemies were able to make into the center of the bank. I've noticed with a couple of games I've joined, a player will get marked as 'Cheater' for using mods. That didn't happen in this instance.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

Question: How often do you run into people using hacks and cheats in the game? I just finished the Big Bank heist on Death Wish with a group, and when it came time to drill the vault, it just automatically opened. I think they also created way more turrets then you're able to, because none of the enemies were able to make into the center of the bank. I've noticed with a couple of games I've joined, a player will get marked as 'Cheater' for using mods. That didn't happen in this instance.

Never.

Play with goons.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Max Wilco posted:

The cheater tag only reliably catches people using DLC unlockers. You'd need 3rd party mods and your own knowledge and judgement to weed out most cheaters.

Cheaters are pretty common in public DW lobbies but they are easy to find and avoid because almost all of them are super blatant about it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
One of the nice things about Lobby Player Info is that many cheaters give themselves all the skills, which is immediately obvious with the mod.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

my fav cheating moment is still the time some muppets went into hox revenge, instakilled all entities on the map without pagers and then accused me for breaking their stealth when bile dropping the lance (the vault had a retina scanner) sounds the alarm

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So me and hjp766 decided to touch the Pubstove, and on Meltdown, we managed to roll a Bodhi who was trying to run a dodge build with a heavy combat vest, two Deagles modded for the least concealment possible, and an explosive pistol crossbow. With first aid kits only.
It eventually got down to just him and he took roughly 20 minutes running back and forth from forklift to forklift and running bags without driving the Longfellow or any of the forklifts except for the last two. And he did it. It took an hour, but still.
gently caress pubs.

Edit: oh, and also Donacdum was playing. By the end of it I was ready to kill myself.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

how in poo poo's name did a pubbie with a build that awful end up being the last person alive

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Coolguye posted:

how in poo poo's name did a pubbie with a build that awful end up being the last person alive

It was Chorse gimmicking in a pub.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Shooting Blanks posted:

I was actually thinking of posting "Was his name Shanks?" I may be a cop clicking weirdo, but I do it in ICTV.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Coolguye posted:

yeah I'm not sure the pubbie ends up being the worst person in the story here, Kumaton

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Psion posted:

yeah I'm not sure the pubbie ends up being the worst person in the story here, Kumaton

I'll be the first to say that I was probably the worst player (and, if you play with me, you'll know that for a fact) unless hjp766 wants to claim that title. But the reason why him and the other pubbie we were with were the last to die was because they claimed the Longfellow wouldn't protect against the turrets and stayed back at the ramp, meanwhile me and hjp tore rear end into the dock yards and had to stop and repair the car without any covering fire and got shredded. Then the not-dodge guy and Pubbie #2 then decided to give it a go, split up inmediately, and #2 got downed while not-dodge was a fair bit away.
Sorry, should've elaborated and/or recorded. Didn't mean to come off as an rear end.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

THE CHORSE posted:

I was actually thinking of posting "Was his name Shanks?" I may be a cop clicking weirdo, but I do it in ICTV.

I almost said Shanks but I didn't want to give him any ideas.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Kumaton posted:

I'll be the first to say that I was probably the worst player (and, if you play with me, you'll know that for a fact) unless hjp766 wants to claim that title. But the reason why him and the other pubbie we were with were the last to die was because they claimed the Longfellow wouldn't protect against the turrets and stayed back at the ramp, meanwhile me and hjp tore rear end into the dock yards and had to stop and repair the car without any covering fire and got shredded. Then the not-dodge guy and Pubbie #2 then decided to give it a go, split up inmediately, and #2 got downed while not-dodge was a fair bit away.
Sorry, should've elaborated and/or recorded. Didn't mean to come off as an rear end.

To be fair, the tail end of Meltdown is kinda slow and arduous, and you can just get downed without any real fault of your own unless you take it even slower, so don't feel too bad about it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Shooting Blanks posted:

I almost said Shanks but I didn't want to give him any ideas.

I will not wear anything heavier than LBV. I'm the idiot trying to make Biker work with a suit.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

scamtank posted:

my fav cheating moment is still the time some muppets went into hox revenge, instakilled all entities on the map without pagers and then accused me for breaking their stealth when bile dropping the lance (the vault had a retina scanner) sounds the alarm

mine was when a host set the game to autokick cheaters and then launched a dlc heist he didn't own, kicking himself. me and the other players stared at dallas in the reference pose and said "gg" to eachother before the server went down seconds later

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shooting Blanks posted:

How would that even work on Meltdown

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

How would that even work on Meltdown

He blows up all his teammates

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Coolguye posted:

He blows up all his teammates

Then parks the longfellow in front of a turret to close the loop.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
We're streaming mods poo poo!
http://twitch.tv/starbreeze

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Wilko posted:

We're streaming mods poo poo!
http://twitch.tv/starbreeze

Uh, since when do you go as "OVERKILL_Wilko"? :stare: Congratulations, I must have missed that.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Kikas posted:

Uh, since when do you go as "OVERKILL_Wilko"? :stare: Congratulations, I must have missed that.

I got hired a few months ago! And then moved over 2 months ago to actually work on stuff

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Wilko posted:

I got hired a few months ago! And then moved over 2 months ago to actually work on stuff

That's awesome, you're awesome. Congrats!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Wilko posted:

That's loving awesome dude! Congratulations, you earned it with goon mod.

Are Gage coins now canon?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
So Gage Coins are now official?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

not even

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Laputanmachine posted:

So Gage Coins are now official?

Goonmod is too good to be official, it needs to barely function and be strung along with tape like LGL heists before it's truly gameworthy.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Wilko posted:

Congrats, nobody deserves it more, are you allowed to say what you're working on?

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Wilko posted:

Congrats, it's like a modern fairytale :allears: Does this mean the thread has its own Fat Pipe® now?

(because if so, we need to be able to remap the key for deployable switching because I use X to crouch :bahgawd:)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Who uses x to crouch? Cop loving, escape driver shooting, broke dick piece of poo poo drill havers, that's who. :colbert:

Seriously though, why not z or ctrl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Uh, C is the only correct and good key for crouch.