Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Syrinxx posted:

Is there rerolling required in this GGGOTW (goon gachapon game of the week)?

No afaik, I haven't encountered anything rerollable. They give you a 2* that grows into a 6* of your choice to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Rapner posted:

I decided goon squad isn't actual goon, do I made a guild in Legendary called 'Summonthing Awful'.

You should always recycle your puns.

Applied.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Made a thread for Seven Knights: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786918

It's a grindy f2p RPG in the vein of FF Brave Exvius, Record Keeper, etc, though with the addition of guilds, pvp, multiplayer raids, and some other random crap.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Applied as Pants!

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Oh yeah Egg, Inc. updated and there's a new science tier, a new egg, new golden egg research, some new graphics, all around a great time and I'm enjoying it. It's just what this game needed.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Boten Anna posted:

Oh yeah Egg, Inc. updated and there's a new science tier, a new egg, new golden egg research, some new graphics, all around a great time and I'm enjoying it. It's just what this game needed.
Yeah, I was just on the verge of being done with it, but now there's more!

One unfortunate thing I just noticed, however, is that the option to watch an ad in order to get double production went from 4 hours to 2. That just seems so unnecessary.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Gilg posted:

One unfortunate thing I just noticed, however, is that the option to watch an ad in order to get double production went from 4 hours to 2. That just seems so unnecessary.

There's actually a golden egg upgrade for the bonus timer now

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Gilg posted:

Yeah what they said, also you can buff it so it's more than 4 hours so it's pretty cool, if another golden egg sink. But why wouldn't they make golden egg sinks? :v:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Rapner posted:

I decided goon squad isn't actual goon, do I made a guild in Legendary called 'Summonthing Awful'.

Applied as Toucher of Ducks.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Ah, I see. I expected all the new epic research to be at the bottom of the list, I didn't notice the bonus timer one in the middle of others.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Boten Anna posted:

Yeah what they said, also you can buff it so it's more than 4 hours so it's pretty cool, if another golden egg sink. But why wouldn't they make golden egg sinks? :v:

On the plus side drones give way more gold eggs on average than they used to.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Boten Anna posted:

I literally uninstalled it yesterday.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Add me to the list of people in this new Gachapon Legendary thing. I'm Sir Lord King FlimFlam (I think? I can't figure out where to vie what dumb horseshit I put in there)

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Ignoranus posted:

Add me to the list of people in this new Gachapon Legendary thing. I'm Sir Lord King FlimFlam (I think? I can't figure out where to vie what dumb horseshit I put in there)

I have a Sir Tywese or 'Barry' or 'Maverick1977'.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Rapner posted:

Applied as PrinnySquad

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Rapner posted:

Applying as Malechi

Edit: Thankie

Malek fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 18, 2016

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Rapner posted:

Applied as barry.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

More games need a skip tutorial option, some of the time I just give up on games because I've been following arrows for an hour

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The Duggler posted:

More games need a skip tutorial option, some of the time I just give up on games because I've been following arrows for an hour

That's insane but also incredible if that was a literal hour. You're absolutely right though and it's a shame that tutorials get abused by bad designers.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

There's some ad that pops up in a lot of ad-supported games now that, instead of being a 30 second video to watch, actually tries to get you to click through part of the tutorial for whatever game they're advertising. Like there's a field and a hand icon sweeping back and forth trying to get you to drag a house to a plot of land or something. I don't know, thankfully you can just back out of it after the requisite 30 seconds and the game will count it as 'watching' the ad. But wow what a terrible idea.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

BobTheJanitor posted:

There's some ad that pops up in a lot of ad-supported games now that, instead of being a 30 second video to watch, actually tries to get you to click through part of the tutorial for whatever game they're advertising. Like there's a field and a hand icon sweeping back and forth trying to get you to drag a house to a plot of land or something. I don't know, thankfully you can just back out of it after the requisite 30 seconds and the game will count it as 'watching' the ad. But wow what a terrible idea.

Actually it's a functional little very mini tower defense game, and doesn't actually click through; it's not a video. I learned this when one time the timer didn't show up and it turned out I was expected to actually do it.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Rapner posted:

I have a Sir Tywese or 'Barry' or 'Maverick1977'.

Oh right. Helps to apply to the correct guild. Applied now!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Rapner posted:

Applied as Neon Gamblohr.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Boten Anna posted:

Actually it's a functional little very mini tower defense game, and doesn't actually click through; it's not a video. I learned this when one time the timer didn't show up and it turned out I was expected to actually do it.

I... know? That's what I'm saying. Click through as in 'do the actions to get through the process', not click through as in 'click to be sent to a download page'. My point being that you can just ignore it for a bit while it wildly gestures at you to get your attention, and then hit back to return to your game with credit for 'ad watched'.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

AnonSpore posted:

On the plus side drones give way more gold eggs on average than they used to.

I hate the new super fast drones. By the time you see them they are already across the screen and then you tap on a building or something anyways. Also they raised the prices of all the Epic stuff so even though you seem to get more golden eggs things cost way more. Most everything I need now cost 400+.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Trastion posted:

I hate the new super fast drones. By the time you see them they are already across the screen and then you tap on a building or something anyways. Also they raised the prices of all the Epic stuff so even though you seem to get more golden eggs things cost way more. Most everything I need now cost 400+.

The shadows give you advance warning most of the time unless they approach from the right or bottom.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Applied to Summonthing Awful. Thanks for making a guild!

Edit: It's a little annoying that even with sound/music off you can't listen to audio while playing this game. I just want to listen to podcasts while playing :(

explosivo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 18, 2016

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

explosivo posted:

Edit: It's a little annoying that even with sound/music off you can't listen to audio while playing this game. I just want to listen to podcasts while playing :(

I have Podcast Addict set up so it pauses (but stays in my notification bar) so I can grab the edge of the screen and restart it. Star Wars: Uprising did the same thing and it's really obnoxious.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Thanks for creating the guild also!! I joined as Madam Hassiem Onxy.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

Scroll down to settings. There's a 'use own music' option. Check that and you should be good.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Applied to the lgoh guild as fierSA.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Ok I've added everyone who posted in this thread, still have these guys:

Count Hakim Minra
Scorps
Trampus [LLJK]
Saucy Sauceman

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Rapner posted:

Ok I've added everyone who posted in this thread, still have these guys:

Count Hakim Minra
Scorps
Trampus [LLJK]
Saucy Sauceman

Please add me :)

Cptain Amazing
Feb 4, 2008
Thats Gold
I am the count

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Rapner posted:

Applied as Heywood GebloughmieSA

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
For those goons playing Legendary, the devs put out a helpful newbie guide on Facebook.

Unibrow
May 12, 2001

Rapner posted:

Saucy Sauceman

Sauceman checking in, over.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
The main thing to note from that guide is to evolve, then awaken. Everything else is pretty standard if you've played PAD etc.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Also the special event medals are use em or lose em - so make sure to buy something with them before the end of the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I applied as Coffeeamin to the Legendary guild.