Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I don't understand that argument. Does he think they all had to march in there at once, or what?

Look if you couldn't cook 6 million jews all at once, what is even the loving point of actually having a holocaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Minimalist Program posted:

Ok lol I'm sorry but

"unethical and not illegal"

means exactly the same thing as

"not ethical and legal."

your point being?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Buffer posted:

your point being?

MY point being that you're fail as heck and retarded.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
BLACK OUTREACH

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/766317243089248256

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Oh dear lord. Please let this spread.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

What happend to the other member?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Jesus Christ. I mean, it goes without saying that he really, really, really, really does though. If Trump got 99% turnout of non-college educated white men (his largest bloc) he's STILL slated to lose to Hillary in the popular and EC with her polling at +8 today.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i just want to make it clear that a lot of you sound like my fired as gently caress history teacher who loved to argue how things were totally above board just because they are "legal"

iospace posted:

The thing with that is the NBA's primary audience is black and young, both progressive segments with low tolerance for racism. The NBA as a whole is very progressive, including the first openly gay athlete in any of the Big Four leagues. The Basketball Hall of Fame doesn't make a distinction between college and pros, male or female. Yao Ming got in to the HoF, not because he was a good player (and let's be honest, he wasn't like Shaq good, but he was definitely good), but because of him opening the doors to China and helping basketball grow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/06/what-the-nba-gets-that-the-other-big-sports-leagues-dont/

http://opendorse.com/blog/2013-sports-fan-demographics/
they also moved the all star game away from nc because of hb1 iirc

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:cawg:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Correct.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Poor Nate Silver

He should get his hair loss treated

Hair loss is often harder on the baldpate.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

If they cancelled christmas this year I'd be fine with that. This election has given me more joy than I could have imagined

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Don't worry, y'all. Private prisons will thrive to house those filthy asylum seekers.
(I can't remember if that article about asylum seekers being held in prisons being posted here or not)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wasn't the same one with Foley in the back? Please tell me it was!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

iospace posted:

The thing with that is the NBA's primary audience is black and young, both progressive segments with low tolerance for racism. The NBA as a whole is very progressive, including the first openly gay athlete in any of the Big Four leagues. The Basketball Hall of Fame doesn't make a distinction between college and pros, male or female. Yao Ming got in to the HoF, not because he was a good player (and let's be honest, he wasn't like Shaq good, but he was definitely good), but because of him opening the doors to China and helping basketball grow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/06/what-the-nba-gets-that-the-other-big-sports-leagues-dont/

http://opendorse.com/blog/2013-sports-fan-demographics/

This chart regarding the subject really sticks in my mind.

From https://issuu.com/nationalmedia/docs/nmrppsportspolitics
Size of bubble comes from the number of people who say they typically watch said sport on TV.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

What story is he referring to?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Hoo-lee poo poo that's cold blooded. The African-American outreach section of the Trump strategy guide is nothing but a poorly xeroxed middle finger.

Meanwhile, opiate ODs continue to kill people at an alarming rate, particularly in WV. Apparently a bad batch went into circulation and dropped over two dozen people in a matter of hours in one small city alone.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Pakled posted:

Size of bubble comes from the number of people who say they typically watch said sport on TV.
I'm seeing a strong possible constituency for John Cena here

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Pakled posted:

Jesus only like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren watch the WNBA.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pakled posted:

I would have sworn WWE would be more republican than democratic.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Dr. Drew said Hillary Clinton has brain damage and her doctor is a rube from Arkansas.

Is this thread pretty unanimous on her health concerns being a right wing conspiracy?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

iospace posted:

I think your typical WWE viewer these days is in on the joke.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

iospace posted:

why? pro wrestling is about watching big sweaty oily men dress up in thongs and pretend to be really mad at each other before they start grappling

it's really theatrical and dumb and, not putting words in your mouth here, the idea that pro wrestling fandom = rightist political tendencies is because of a general stereotype that lower class rural white people, one of the traditional core demographics of pro wrestling, are inherently republican

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

radical meme posted:

What story is he referring to?

I would guess they mean Frank VanderSloot, but that was a $650,000 cost, not a $350,000 one. Easily a typo or misremembering. If it's that case, it's this story. If it's not, then lots of people want to take out Mother Jones.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/765901381513408513

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

WampaLord posted:

We are the joke!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bashez posted:

Dr. Drew said Hillary Clinton has brain damage and her doctor is a rube from Arkansas.

Is this thread pretty unanimous on her health concerns being a right wing conspiracy?

Yep. All the rumors about her health are completely baseless. She's not suffering from any conditions that would be unusual or remotely debilitating for a well-off woman in her late 60's.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Popular Thug Drink posted:

why? pro wrestling is about watching big sweaty oily men dress up in thongs and pretend to be really mad at each other before they start grappling

it's really theatrical and dumb and, not putting words in your mouth here, the idea that pro wrestling fandom = rightist political tendencies is because of a general stereotype that lower class rural white people, one of the traditional core demographics of pro wrestling, are inherently republican

That was pretty much my reasoning as to why, to be honest. I only know a handful of people personally who like wrestling, though all of those are pretty liberal.

WampaLord posted:

What joke, that it's all fake?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
We'll all be safe in HRC's pillow fort

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bashez posted:

Yes. There is literally nothing to it. The only reason it is a thing is because they have nothing else.

I mean she is 68 years old but frankly she's probably in better shape than a lot of us because she is a wealthy 68 year old former senator/former first lady/former secretary of state/presidential candidate.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I found this out after Loveline's prime days, but apparently Dr Drew was receiving money for promoting Wellbutrin which is why it pops up so much.

It's somewhat sad to find out that people you once respected are shitheads, but I'm not going to lose too much sleep over nailing the final nail in that coffin.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

iospace posted:

That was pretty much my reasoning as to why, to be honest. I only know a handful of people personally who like wrestling, though all of those are pretty liberal.

for some reason when i was in high school the only two groups of guys (it was all guys) who openly liked wrestling were the super poor white trailer park kids and the really christian black athletes :shrug:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Pakled posted:

How the hell are monster trucks and WWE democratic sports?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Inferior Third Season posted:

Are you implying that John Cena is not a democratic cornerstone?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Monster trucks own fyi

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

They probably owe it to their younger, lower-income fanbase. Probably.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Monster trucks own and pro wrestling in the US is now mostly dominated by people in the NE/have disposable income to watch Japanese wrestling at 5 AM

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What the hell is wrong with monster trucks?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Phone posted:

I found this out after Loveline's prime days, but apparently Dr Drew was receiving money for promoting Wellbutrin which is why it pops up so much.

It's somewhat sad to find out that people you once respected are shitheads, but I'm not going to lose too much sleep over nailing the final nail in that coffin.

I've liked Dr. Drew but as an entertainer and never really respected him as a doctor. It's still weird to me that he was willing to poo poo all over Clinton's health care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pakled posted:

They probably owe it to their younger, lower-income fanbase. Probably.

The trend for pro wrestling is onsessed older people with a ton of disposable income.

Alot of the poor white men have also basically quit watching.

• Locked thread