Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i read secret wars, but i dont read every title published currently or ever, but were is reed richards in this snafu that he could easily solve?

Rebuilding the infinite multiverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i read secret wars, but i dont read every title published currently or ever, but were is reed richards in this snafu that he could easily solve?

Either being God or being owned by the New Avengers, depending on which Reed you mean.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

Well if you read Secret Wars then you know exactly where he is.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So does Bendis secretly hate Carol? Because with the movie gaining some hype with casting you'd think you'd want to put a better foot forward. :confused:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm not sure he hates her but he's always written her as kind of a dumb fuckup.

E: Not that he's the only one. Before she was a Captain, Ms. Marvel pretty much did nothing but gently caress up from the mid 80s onwards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Trast posted:

So does Bendis secretly hate Carol? Because with the movie gaining some hype with casting you'd think you'd want to put a better foot forward. :confused:

Kind of feels that way. Maybe she'll be a bad guy in the films?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rhyno posted:

Kind of feels that way. Maybe she'll be a bad guy in the films?

Maybe he thinks she's in the right.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gwens are bad news for Spider-Men
Not all Gwens are Stacy!

I love Gwenpool so much.

I also like how you can tell people are playing Arkham Horror and Betrayal in the House on the Hill in Mockingbird.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I think that, in a way, it's impressive that they set out to make both sides look sympathetic, but ended up making both sides look pretty bad for different reasons. Tony's grief anger induced kidnapping was overblown and premature, and Carol's rhetoric is so gross that we're happy that America Chavez hit her in the face with a chair.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I enjoyed Black Panther standing back from the fray like the little yakuza guy in that one Simpsons.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ugh, was Civil War 1 really 10 years ago?

You had 10 years of mulling on it to do it better. Why.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Viridiant posted:

I think that, in a way, it's impressive that they set out to make both sides look sympathetic, but ended up making both sides look pretty bad for different reasons. Tony's grief anger induced kidnapping was overblown and premature, and Carol's rhetoric is so gross that we're happy that America Chavez hit her in the face with a chair.

I'm happy when America Chavez does anything.

Sensational Character Find of 2011, imo.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Well, I enjoyed The Fallen and The Accused one-shots. Anyone read those?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Is The Accused the one with Matt and Clint?

I read that one and really liked it, it's great to see Matt doing court room stuff.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Dario the Wop posted:

Well, I enjoyed The Fallen and The Accused one-shots. Anyone read those?

Them plus Carol getting chair-faced have been the best parts of this whole event, not that the bar's been set high at all.

Although it's funny that nobody mentioned what a coincidence it is that this blind redhead lawyer they totally don't know personally was the prosecutor at Hawkeye's trial AND the executor of Banner's will.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Cool little cameo from Woz in the X-Men Civil War book. I don't think I've seen him in anything since the Jenkins/Lee Inhumans Marvel Knights book.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carol beats the life out of Captain America and also a puppy, the next panel is black. You turn the page, and there's a word bubble "...And that's what happens". Next panel it's clear it's Ulysses speaking. Next panel, you see he's talking to Captain Marvel.

"Oh, well, I guess I better not do any of that then."

Then the LOST logo comes up.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Diet Poison posted:

Them plus Carol getting chair-faced have been the best parts of this whole event, not that the bar's been set high at all.

Although it's funny that nobody mentioned what a coincidence it is that this blind redhead lawyer they totally don't know personally was the prosecutor at Hawkeye's trial AND the executor of Banner's will.

Matt probably gives discounts for super friends.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Plus, not that realism is important, particularly in matters that most people won't catch, but wouldn't Jen Walters being in charge of the Banner estate be a conflict of interest? Definitely would if she was involved in the trial.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
With Jen Walters in a coma and her old Timely supporting cast in limbo, Matt Murdock's the only super-lawyer on hand, and he just managed to screw himself out of ten grand in the last arc of his book. Dude's got to keep the lights on somehow.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Wanderer posted:

With Jen Walters in a coma and her old Timely supporting cast in limbo, Matt Murdock's the only super-lawyer on hand, and he just managed to screw himself out of ten grand in the last arc of his book. Dude's got to keep the lights on somehow.

What's a blind guy need lights for?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Anime_Otaku posted:

Plus, not that realism is important, particularly in matters that most people won't catch, but wouldn't Jen Walters being in charge of the Banner estate be a conflict of interest? Definitely would if she was involved in the trial.

I don't know if it varies from state to state, but I know that it's perfectly fine in at least part of the US to name the same people as executor and beneficiary. Literally "I name my children, Alice and Bob, as the executors of my estate. My estate is to be split equitably between my children, who at the time this will is written are Alice and Bob. If they cannot agree on an equitable distribution of assets, the matter is to be settled by my executors".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Matt Murdock and Jen Walters are the only lawyers in the Marvel Universe.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
For god's sake, can we get a better outfit for Brashear? Someone get him the message that an armored neck ruff on a speed suit isn't stylish, and never has been. America over there is completely outclassing him with her 'normal hat and jacket' ensemble.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The villain Executor has inherited so much stuff thanks to lawyers not double checking.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Squizzle posted:

I don't know if it varies from state to state, but I know that it's perfectly fine in at least part of the US to name the same people as executor and beneficiary. Literally "I name my children, Alice and Bob, as the executors of my estate. My estate is to be split equitably between my children, who at the time this will is written are Alice and Bob. If they cannot agree on an equitable distribution of assets, the matter is to be settled by my executors".

I think he means because Jen was also the lawyer in charge. I don't know. I think most of the time the executor is also a beneficiary.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah, I meant could Jen acting in a professional capacity be seen as not above board due to her being Banner's cousin.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Maxwell Adams posted:

For god's sake, can we get a better outfit for Brashear? Someone get him the message that an armored neck ruff on a speed suit isn't stylish, and never has been. America over there is completely outclassing him with her 'normal hat and jacket' ensemble.

Not until the travesty that is Misty Knight's current costume is sorted first. :colbert: Whenever it shows up I'm just astonished that it's still a costume for an ex-cop in 2016.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It's pretty good in this week's A-Force, but the weird cleavage/stomach window is a little much, I agree.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
As mean as it sounds on the poor kid, I really can't wait for Ulysses to die on the way back to his home planet and all this stuff to be over, never to be spoken of again.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Sentinel Red posted:

As mean as it sounds on the poor kid, I really can't wait for Ulysses to die on the way back to his home planet and all this stuff to be over, never to be spoken of again.

Ulysses, Ulyssee--ees, soaring through all the galaxies
In search of Earth, flying into the night

Ulyssee-eee-eee-eee--eeees, no-one else can do the things you do
Ulyssee-eee-eee-eee--eeees, like a bolt of thunder from the blue

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So far we have seen Ulysses major predictions correct, it's the smaller stuff he's screwing up on, so Carol and her team are kind of ignoring it.

Plus people are being taken in for accidents, not straight up crimes. I was legit thinking that in AN Wolverine, Gabby was going to talk Logan down and they go "maybe Ulysses isn't perfectly predicting things" and there would be some self doubt, but NOPE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wolverine and Ultimates are the two best takes on the concept that so far as I can tell, the main book is ignoring. Pre-destination and even a small failure rate are both interesting wrinkles. Would Logan have hurt Gabby had SHIELD not tried to intervene, thus escalating the situation? Did trying to prevent the crime actually cause it?

And what if Ulysses can be wrong, even very, very rarely? Can you justify building a whole framework around using his predictions when this one might be the one that's wrong?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean those are literally Minority Report so maybe they're trying to avoid that a bit in the main thing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I mean those are literally Minority Report so maybe they're trying to avoid that a bit in the main thing.

Then the event shouldn't be built around using precognition to lock up criminals before they do crimes. :colbert:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

team overhead smash posted:

Ulysses, Ulyssee--ees, soaring through all the galaxies
In search of Earth, flying into the night

Ulyssee-eee-eee-eee--eeees, no-one else can do the things you do
Ulyssee-eee-eee-eee--eeees, like a bolt of thunder from the blue

You are a beautiful person. I'm glad someone besides me remembers the odd awesome cartoons of my youth.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It is the best theme song. Those Cities of Gold losers can get stuffed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

*Hides Count Duckula DVDs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sentinel Red posted:

It is the best theme song. Those Cities of Gold losers can get stuffed.

Cities of Gold by a hair.

Lurdiak posted:

*Hides Count Duckula DVDs*

A worthy challenger.

• Locked thread