Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Wizgot posted:

I really liked the character of toothless, even though he could get kinda annoying sometimes. He has the same condition as me, and seeing how he dealt with not having teeth and being bullied into putting his shoulders together really brought me back.

did/do you have all the snacks???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dustin rules. A lot of this show reminded me of explorers which was an awesome kid movie, even though the last half is kinda weird.

Setting up an old fair ride together and getting oxygen cause their flying bubble was a closed system was always really cool

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

psychokitty posted:

san francisco cocksucker :smug:

swedgin!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Wizgot posted:

I really liked the character of toothless, even though he could get kinda annoying sometimes. He has the same condition as me, and seeing how he dealt with not having teeth and being bullied into putting his shoulders together really brought me back.

dustin is a dead set legend. i thought him squeezing his shoulders together would get a callback, like the feds would capture them and tie them up and dustin would wiggle free. never happened :(

also winona loving forever. so goddamn weird seeing winona ryder be middle aged, time to embrace my oldness i guess

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:perfect:

chienandalusia
Feb 17, 2011

011 - never forget

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

which one will be the next Macaulay Culkin?

we know Millie Bobby Brown is gonna end up like Natalie Portman, this was her Leon.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Show is very unrealistic if you think about it imho Nancy wouldn't even be able to lift that stone to smash the lock have you seen her arms???

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it reminds me of my childhood, skating on the frozen pond, eating poo poo like a bitch

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Eleven became a drawer knob.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

which one will be the next Macaulay Culkin?

we know Millie Bobby Brown is gonna end up like Natalie Portman, this was her Leon.

dunno, Macaulay Culkin was really good in Saved!

but we do know that Finn Wolfhard has an 80 name tool, is going to play Trashmouth Tozier in It, and can shred: https://twitter.com/FinnSkata/status/764815829028536320

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dude looks like season 1 Bran

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Was having a super hard time not marathoning it. Managed to stretch it out over a week and a half.

loving loved it. All the old food labels, old cars, the wood finish on everything, the shag carpeting. A big old "look at how 80's we are" and I shamelessly gorged myself on it.

The show felt full of likable characters that were cliches-but-not-cliches-but-not-joss-whedon-not-cliches (the show was thankfully bereft of constant snappy one-liners though Nancy did level up a bit too quickly). Steve was one of the characters I changed my outlook on the fastest, especially when he walked in and started bat-twirling while he beat the poo poo out of the monster. The monster was kinda scary but was much scarier before the audience got a full look at it. It was much creepier with the MC's stalking it, looking at the aftermath of its actions, and trying to figure out just what the hell it is.

Kid actors were great, Winona was great, Hopper is someone I just cheered for the whole time and never questioned his badassed-ness for a moment. This show somehow crept past my hyper-alert cynicism and pulled me in at every turn. It's not perfect, but it was fun and that was enough to keep me watching. I don't know if I've been able to say that about a show in a long long time.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Twelve Batmans posted:

Steve was one of the characters I changed my outlook on the fastest, especially when he walked in and started bat-twirling while he beat the poo poo out of the monster.

Yeah I went from hoping he got his skull caved in to liking him more than the other dude actually.

I like how this show is steeped in 80s feel but yet subverts 80s tropes (jock kid turns out to be chill, the goodie 2 shoes no sex haver gets killed while the teens gently caress, etc.)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah I went from hoping he got his skull caved in to liking him more than the other dude actually.

I like how this show is steeped in 80s feel but yet subverts 80s tropes (jock kid turns out to be chill, the goodie 2 shoes no sex haver gets killed while the teens gently caress, etc.)

Also, the black kid didn't die

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

It stinks!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is this the anime that the show was based on?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

This is outstanding.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
1. No Will
2. No Christmas lights
3. No loving STEVE HARRINGTON

however the font is actually loving great so I rate this anime picture "acceptable"

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Is this some kind of new rickroll, because everyone is like OMG WATCH IT NOWWW and I tried but it's boring as hell, just like the entirety of the 1980s

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TremorX posted:

Is this some kind of new rickroll, because everyone is like OMG WATCH IT NOWWW and I tried but it's boring as hell, just like the entirety of the 1980s

No, it just means that you are the opposite of good and cool.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

CaptainSarcastic posted:

No, it just means that you are the opposite of good and cool.

K just checking

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I marathoned this last night and it was stupid but my time is effectively worthless anyway and so is this post.

It should have been a feature film not an 8-ep TV season.

Since I figure most of you have Netflix go watch Er Ist Wieder Da while you can.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hi just.checking in to reiterate that this show loving rules thanks for reading bye

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Al Cowens posted:

I marathoned this last night and it was stupid but my time is effectively worthless anyway and so is this post.

It should have been a feature film not an 8-ep TV season.

Since I figure most of you have Netflix go watch Er Ist Wieder Da while you can.

you're laem

SirSamVimes posted:

Hi just.checking in to reiterate that this show loving rules thanks for reading bye

you're awesome

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Who is the cutest boy? I think it's Jon.. he's a model irl

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Carmant posted:

:siren:WRONG:siren:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Well.. what do you think?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Carmant posted:

His hair is not as good as Steve Harrington's hair.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

8-Bit Scholar posted:

His hair is not as good as Steve Harrington's hair.

Hair is only one aspect of a man

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Carmant posted:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So this show is basically Goosebumps for not kids?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Madcosby posted:

The Department of Energy actually created a FAQ about what it does and how Stranger Things got it wrong

http://energy.gov/articles/what-stranger-things-didn-t-get-quite-so-right-about-energy-department

It's actually kinda cute

Did they not understand that in the show the DoE was a front for a CIA operation? They literally mentioned MkUltra several times....

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Carmant posted:

He looks poxy and weird like all British people whereas Steve is 100% All-American Grade A hunk.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the owls are not what they seem

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anime pic is cool but missing loving steve!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

He looks poxy and weird like all British people whereas Steve is 100% All-American Grade A hunk.

he looks like he should be leading a duran duran cover band

• Locked thread