Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

zoux posted:

Actually, he said he regretted stuff and pivoted, and is now likely to win.

You're right, I forgot.

Trump has more pivots than any other candidate, so he will win just based on pivots alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Always pivoting, pivoting towards freedom!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

It's kind of astonishing at how talented the man is at getting literally everyone to hate him.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Wikkheiser posted:

Looking more into it, they're part of a new attempt to kickstart a neo-Nazi movement with the main networking heft being done by a group called Identity Evropa. It's pretty interesting structurally. Youth-oriented and horizontally distributed with the focus on specific cities. During the fall semester they plan to do coordinated flyering and leaflets on campuses, that sort of thing. Baby steps.

Mostly they find each other on Twitter and the invite-only TRS forum. Idea being to take the forumers and Twitter users and connect them at the local level and have them take it from there. Also, a very deliberate co-opting of left-wing language like "safe spaces" and "occupying space." Also a bit more ideologically flexible, although it's deffo a Nazi movement, but more flexible than say the National Alliance.

This is pretty interesting, do you have any more info? Preferably via some hatewatch groups? I work on a campus and would like to try and forward this info to the administration in case they start popping up here.

Looking at their site, Identity Evropa's, yeah it's straight up new wave white supremacist. Mentions HBD and everything.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Trump's gonna use this pivot to kickflip right over his unsurmountable gap in the polls

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
pivoting like a fissile material centrifuge

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pakled posted:

I'm sure they're already infiltrated by feds.

one can only hope

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Crain posted:

This is pretty interesting, do you have any more info? Preferably via some hatewatch groups?
What would TVIV posters know about the Trump campaign?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Put some magnets on him and lets solve the energy crisis

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

AegisP posted:

It's kind of astonishing at how talented the man is at getting literally everyone to hate him.

I was just reading a story the other day about how the Ted Cruz was supposed to be the big winner with how the election has gone so far. I took with a grain of salt and I'm glad I did.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

AegisP posted:

I still think he's in a good position to make a run in 2020. If Trump loses by as much as it looks like he's going to lose by, we're going to see most Republicans with any kind of political aspirations sprinting away from him on November 9th. It'll be pretty easy for them to spin this election as "We lost because Trump is an idiot and also not a True Conservative," and conservative Republicans who refused to endorse him, like Cruz, stand to gain a lot of popularity after the party disavows Trump.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

ZobarStyl posted:

Welcome to the thread, Clinton is going to win, the only question is whether it's a landslide.
We'll see about that - also, Trump losing but not in a landslide is reason enough to :derp: What he's peddling needs to be destroyed so decisively that it doesn't come back until my idiot grandkids are well into their second century of life.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Pakled posted:

I still think he's in a good position to make a run in 2020. If Trump loses by as much as it looks like he's going to lose by, we're going to see most Republicans with any kind of political aspirations sprinting away from him on November 9th. It'll be pretty easy for them to spin this election as "We lost because Trump is an idiot and also not a True Conservative," and conservative Republicans who refused to endorse him, like Cruz, stand to gain a lot of popularity after the party disavows Trump.

So what happens when they still lose in 2020?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

CascadeBeta posted:

So what happens when they still lose in 2020?

Then Cruz gets denounced as Not A True Conservative and the cycle begins anew.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

FactsAreUseless posted:

What would TVIV posters know about the Trump campaign?

Lmao, but I mean groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center. They run a group called "HateWatch" that keeps an eye out for groups like this who try to hide white supremacy and bigoted ideology behind modern smoke screens.

It's just a bit new and SPLC doesn't really have anything on them specifically yet.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Pookah posted:

Didn't someone post a thing somewhere in the last 50 pages about Trump's charitable 'donations' on The Apprentice and how they were all actually donated by NBC directly or by NBC via the Trump Foundation to which he has not donated anything for years?

I did, it got lost.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pakled posted:

Eh, Cruz spent his entire time in public office attacking his own party for political gain. I'd be surprised it the RNC doesn't try to primary him out and otherwise blackball him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If they lose in 2020 then in 2024 they nominate the reincarnated zombie corpse of Hitler I assume.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hillary is a near lock to win in 2020 due to incombatant advantage and the fact that her approval rating is always way higher when she's in office so any Republican opponent will just be throwing themselves into a buzz saw.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Cruz will be lucky if a Florida psycho in a MAGA hat doesnt try to eat his face. his natural base is the disruptive grievance voters, and they loving hate him now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexweprin/status/766633530273177601

Ugh UGH

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
When did George H.W. Bush visit Florida after Andrew?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

There's no way Cruz does anything on the national stage again. In addition to the inter-party relationshit, that core of voters does not forgive dissent easily. There's no way he wins a primary unless the rubio vote is split 4 ways.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

"Please don't use the political system for jokes"

I look up from my desk and see Trump talking on tv.

"You first."

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

That's my fetish.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/766680148003479553

Hillary taking a shot at Trump over this while going "Hey, I'm not going to visit, but you can help here:"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I did, it got lost.

Thank you!

Anyone thinking Trump's going to even give the steam off his piss to LA flood relief needs to read this:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Why are white people so hell bent on aggressively sucking re: anything related to societal betterment.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 19, 2016

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Pakled posted:

Except the GOP base voters get to decide who runs in 2020 and at the rate we're going they'll pick the outsider candidate who promises to march the Lie-beral Media traitors that stole 2016 into the gas chambers.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A cat came in 3rd for Virginia senate race in 2012. I'm still subbed to their facebook page. Poor kitty died in 2014 though :(

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Except the GOP base voters get to decide who runs in 2020 and at the rate we're going they'll pick the outsider candidate who promises to march the Lie-beral Media traitors that stole 2016 into the gas chambers.

I cannot wait for the David Duke ticket in 2020.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nutranurse posted:

Why are white people so hell bent on aggressively sucking at re: anything related to societal betterment.

I assume this is rhetorical

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/766680148003479553

Hillary taking a shot at Trump over this while going "Hey, I'm not going to visit, but you can help here:"

Having spent the last eight weeks knee deep in a similar flood relief effort, this is exactly the message to send.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

nutranurse posted:

Why are white people so hell bent on aggressively sucking re: anything related to societal betterment.

Socially ingrained willful ignorance.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
How is the relief effort in Louisiana going well? That and the fact that you can see a hurricane coming and prepare for it was the issue with Kartrina, not that Bush didn't do enough photo ops there.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Crain posted:

This is pretty interesting, do you have any more info? Preferably via some hatewatch groups? I work on a campus and would like to try and forward this info to the administration in case they start popping up here.

Looking at their site, Identity Evropa's, yeah it's straight up new wave white supremacist. Mentions HBD and everything.

I'll see if I can find stuff. I kinda want to get it to my school's administration just to be safe.
I mean it's in a super blue area but so is UC Berkeley and they have white supremacists on campus so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

haveblue posted:

Always pivoting, pivoting towards freedom!

Davethulhu posted:

"Sacrifices?!" Trump pivots in the door and just keeps pivoting, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. He pivots against your toilet, busting it up big time. You get the feeling he's trying to say something to you but he's pivoting at such a high velocity you just can't quite make it out. As he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim "I've sacrificed so much, that's what's so CRAZY about this" on the way down.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I wonder what about this particular interracial couple set this nut off? I live in a pretty white area of the South Sound but even here has tons of interracial couples nobody gives a poo poo. I can't imagine this was the first time somebody kissed in front of him. Did he just snap?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

nutranurse posted:

FYGM

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr Christmas posted:

That and the fact that you can see a hurricane coming and prepare for it was the issue with Kartrina, not that Bush didn't do enough photo ops there.

Speaking as a Florida native... you'd be kind of surprised, honestly. Hurricanes are fickle beasts that we're still not good at tracking or predicting. Usually, you get about two days warning of where a hurricane is likely to make landfall, and even that's basically educated guesswork. Hurricanes go wherever they drat well please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Goatman Sacks posted:

A cat came in 3rd for Virginia senate race in 2012. I'm still subbed to their facebook page. Poor kitty died in 2014 though :(

Hank nooo

• Locked thread