Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Rappaport posted:

It leads to the endless slap fest of "ur racist" "nuh uh!" "lol ur a troll racist" "nuh uh", which could, and IMHO should, be contained to its own thread. There are other things happening in Europe than the EMERGING CALIPHATE, but they get drowned under the racism-notracism white noise.

Which you guys are really good at. I'm not a racist, but I get called so multiple times. Seriously people, you have no loving clue what you're doing yourselves. I'm presenting facts, you shout I'm a racist. Then you whine that it devolves into racist/not racist discussion. See that? No? loving hell..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It would help if your argument was something other than "we must not allow THE MUSLIMS to reach critical mass".

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Stockholm Syndrome posted:

Which you guys are really good at. I'm not a racist, but I get called so multiple times. Seriously people, you have no loving clue what you're doing yourselves. I'm presenting facts, you shout I'm a racist. Then you whine that it devolves into racist/not racist discussion. See that? No? loving hell..

I have not called you a racist, I'm sick in general of the entire white noise machine around it.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I'm not a racist, just don't want my country to turn into a middle eastern hell hole. But apparently in 2016, that makes you a racist. gently caress you. Just try to understand the numbers for a moment.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the untermenschen are outbreeding us, this is really urgent

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The truth is in the numbers homeys,

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Local man, who is a textbook example of a racist, claims that he is not racist; has many Arabic friends, he says; all people equal, but maybe should be more separated

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Yeah that's true, but in Europe it seems to be a little higher.

Its actually not, its about 2.1 for the Muslim population spread around Europe. Astute people will note that's just about replacement rate.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

waitwhatno posted:

Local man, who is a textbook example of a racist, claims that he is not racist; has many Arabic friends, he says; all people equal, but maybe should be more separated

Muslims are just normal people, but they sure rape more.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Rappaport posted:

I have not called you a racist, I'm sick in general of the entire white noise machine around it.

Me too. I loving loathe it. But apparently it's between two options. Either you love the muslims or you hate them. I don't belong into either of those camps. You cannot take untold numbers of refugees into Europe, that's a fact. But you should help those that you can, no doubt. I'm just not sold on the idea that I cannot critisize islam for its wrongdoings because that's racist. I loving loathe the crusades just as much as I do the current terrorist attacks and ISIS etc. But I'm still a racist because there's no way islam has caused any wrongdoing in the world. Which is not true. gently caress religion honestly. But yeah, I stand by my words. Except that the fertility rate I said is probably overblown. It's still higher than the indigenous populations, so in due time things will change.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

You can criticise Islam, but I'm not sure you can criticise it for its wrongdoings given it's not a person but an abstract concept. For wrongdoings generally you criticise individuals.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

khwarezm posted:

Its actually not, its about 2.1 for the Muslim population spread around Europe. Astute people will note that's just about replacement rate.

2.2 for muslims and 1.5 for non-muslims. But yeah my hyperbole about the fertility rate for muslims was way overblown. I'll admit that. Maybe it's not such a huge problem, for now.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i'm thinking we need to secure the existence of our European people and and a future for its (non-Muslim) children. amirite?

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

YF-23 posted:

You can criticise Islam, but I'm not sure you can criticise it for its wrongdoings given it's not a person but an abstract concept. For wrongdoings generally you criticise individuals.

Well if the religion condones acts of violence against women or gays or thieves etc. then I can criticize the concept. People take up on that concept and commit acts by it's ideologues. Should I blame the individual or the concept? Huh?

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

i'm thinking we need to secure the existence of our European people and and a future for its (non-Muslim) children. amirite?

Just make America stop bombing these muslims countries and all will be well. Alright?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

2.2 for muslims and 1.5 for non-muslims. But yeah my hyperbole about the fertility rate for muslims was way overblown. I'll admit that. Maybe it's not such a huge problem, for now.

lol you loving weasel, you started this whole shitshow about the Muzzies outbreeding us and now you admit there's no problem

and by the way most Muslims in Europe are in countries with medium (~1.8, UK, Scanda and Low Countries) or high (~2, France) native birthrates. Muslims in France don't have more kids than French people

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well if the religion condones acts of violence against women or gays or thieves etc. then I can criticize the concept.

Pretty lovely of you to randomly attack Israel when people are discussing your Islamophobia.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

lol you loving weasel, you started this whole shitshow about the Muzzies outbreeding us and now you admit there's no problem

and by the way most Muslims in Europe are in countries with medium (~1.8, UK, Scanda and Low Countries) or high (~2, France) native birthrates. Muslims in France don't have more kids than French people

If that is so then I'm relieved. Yeah, I got that 8 fertility rate from a stupid video and I should be mocked for that, but the fact still stands that muslims outbreed europeans. If you add to that pile all the refugees Europe takes in and (presumably) grants citizenship, the numbers are going to change. If not, then no problem. I'm just worried for the current state of affairs, you cannot say that Europe isn't getting hosed by all the terrorism and potential violence. I mean, here in Finland the immigrants have 17- fold chance to commit rape compared to the native population. That tells you something. And it's not good. I'm not a racist for loving acknowleding that.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Geriatric Pirate posted:

It's like you understand the theory behind why these laws lower unemployment but you're just too stubborn to accept it. As for unemployment "exploding" in the future, these laws don't act as a stabilizer, they act as a break. Yes more people will lose their jobs in bad times, but without flexible labor markets many of them won't have a job during good times either.

Employment protection laws function as a brake on firing as well as on hiring. This is why they slow down unemployment increases during crises. The explosion in unemployment in Spain after the bubble burst at first occurred almost entirely among workers with flexible contracts. With the employment law in place prior to the 2012 reform, Spain reached a 7% unemployment rate prior to the crisis, and this was after attracting 4 million immigrants into the Spanish labour market. And of course the real rate would have been lower, given the large shadow economy. This suggests that the impact of labour law on unemployment is overstated. Stronger employment protection appears to be associated with higher youth unemployment and higher long-term unemployment, but not with higher overall unemployment. The impact is on the distribution of unemployment and not its overall level

Geriatric Pirate posted:

As for "no solutions", you're making it seem like the situation in Spain is not improving, even though GDP is growing again and unemployment is down 6 percentage points. Yes it's slow but clearly something is happening. I really don't know about optimal investment in education or higher unemployment benefits (obviously it makes sense to invest, but whether it makes sense to invest x amount now is different), this was about job security related legislation which is zero investment policy that trades off decreased unemployment with worker preferences for security.

Don't forget that employment protection does more than just protect the worker. It also allows workers to invest in firm-specific skills, increase human capital, and [in the private sector] makes them more loyal and productive. Perhaps most importantly, most of the Mediterranean economies have functioned on the basis of the male breadwinner model, where a single income had to provide for the whole family. These economies generally do not have extensive coverage for unemployment benefits (youths tend not to qualify for unemploymentt benefits in any of the GIPS) or welfare benefits. So employment protection laws function as a substitute for welfare benefits. This means that if you liberalize them during an economic crisis, you're affecting not just the workers but also their households. This also means that you magnify the economic and unemployment consequences of the crisis.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Reminder that SYRIZA led Greece is still prosecuting the former head of ELSTAT for aligning Greek debt figures with European standards.

I agree that this is completely disgraceful and a sign of how broken the Greek political system is.

OK, now back to this thread's regularly scheduled racism outbursts.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Pretty lovely of you to randomly attack Israel when people are discussing your Islamophobia.

I'm not islamophobic. And I support Palestine, the jews have no business invading and bombing their people to smithereens and taking their land. American's don't seem to mind, tho. American's coincidentally are the ones behind the current refugee crisis, but let's leave that for another time. Funny how you still call me islamophobistic, even after I said I value every person on their merit, not on their skin color or anything else. But religion sucks, I'll tell you that much. Still, I'm a racist and islamophobic. Yeah, I'm islamophobic of an islamic dude raping a white girl because she didn't loving wear a burka. You loving idiot.

Stockholm Syndrome fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 19, 2016

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth
Hell I've got muslim friends and acquaintances who are talking about leaving. They're not very happy at the moment.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Fox Cunning posted:

Hell I've got muslim friends and acquaintances who are talking about leaving. They're not very happy at the moment.

They can blame the terrorists and USA for bombing their homelands to poo poo. It's not Europe's loving fault. Europe has been more than accomodating. Don't see many refugees go to the USA do you? Or other middle-eastern countries for that matter. Everyone goes to Europe, and then when europeans don't like it we're loving racists. Yeah right.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm not islamophobic. And I support Palestine, the jews have no business invading and bombing their people to smithereens and taking their land.

:staredog:

Somehow you responded worse than I was expecting.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Cant get over how racist the European is, it must be leftover doublethink from when those savages were raping and pillaging everywhere else.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

Cant get over how racist the European is, it must be leftover doublethink from when those savages were raping and pillaging everywhere else.

Oh yeah, after multiple terrorist attacks we're so loving racist meanwhile America started a loving war (still hasn't ended) because they got attacked once. Yeah... Who's the savage again? Because without America bombing the poo poo out of the middle east and causing disruption none of this would have happened. But yeah, europeans are loving racist. gently caress you. So hard.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

:staredog:

Somehow you responded worse than I was expecting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Israel isn't a jewish state? Made by the jews? What the gently caress are you even saying?

Stockholm Syndrome fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 19, 2016

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So anyway as a biologist I'm looking forward to observing ethnic hybridization in real time. It's gonna be sweet!

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Friendly Humour posted:

So anyway as a biologist I'm looking forward to observing ethnic hybridization in real time. It's gonna be sweet!

Yeah it's gonna be great! Rape is so loving good, and Islam is the icing on the cake. Pretty soon I'll have a loving harem, right? And if I bomb a nonbeliever, I'll get 72 virgins in heaven. Give me that. Or maybe, religion will die out. I doubt that. Considering how loving stupid the majority of the people are. I wouldn't be surprised if Saudi Arabia was still throwing gays off the roof in 2050. But you obviously love that. loving hell :D

Stockholm Syndrome fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 19, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i can't wait for the islamification of europe to civilize the brutish, racist albinos of the frozen north

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i can't wait for the islamification of europe to civilize the brutish, racist albinos of the frozen north

this

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Israel isn't a jewish state? Made by the jews? What the gently caress are you even saying?

Well, Israel is a 'Jewish State' yes, but casually using 'the jews' like 'the blacks' or 'the gays' is usually an unconscious tic of the reactionary. Besides, not everyone in Israel necessarily identifies primarily as Jewish.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

Well, Israel is a 'Jewish State' yes, but casually using 'the jews' like 'the blacks' or 'the gays' is usually an unconscious tic of the reactionary. Besides, not everyone in Israel necessarily identifies primarily as Jewish.

Have pity on him, he's not a D&D regular, he doesn't know you have to talk about bloodthirsty lying murderous deceitful Zionists.

Or just stick with "ironic" Jewish jokes like the one you just made.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Insect Court posted:

Have pity on him, he's not a D&D regular, he doesn't know you have to talk about bloodthirsty lying murderous deceitful Zionists.

Or just stick with "ironic" Jewish jokes like the one you just made.

Turns out you can be critical of Israel without being racist against Jewish people... I know, I know, it directly contracts your redtitle's:

quote:

I INTENTIONALLY MISREPRESENT OTHER PEOPLE'S ARGUMENTS AND STRAWMAN LIKE IT'S GOING OUT OF STYLE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ENGAGE ME AND MY DUMB loving OPINIONS

but actually it's possible to criticise something without being racist. You just choose to be racist too, for some reason.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Tesseraction posted:

but actually it's possible to criticise something without being racist. You just choose to be racist too, for some reason.

In TYOOL 2016, being an alt right racist is countercultural and cool. Suck it up tolerailures :smug:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Can someone explain what is the difference between right and alt right?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

doverhog posted:

Conservatives vs. Cuckservatives (and Milo).

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I feel so old right now because I have no idea what a cuckservative is supposed to be(and I don't want to find out).

e: lol, apparently Jeb! is a c*uckservative, thanks word filter

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

doverhog posted:

right-wing: inequality is necessary to reward talented people

alt-right: gays, jews and blacks are lazy crime-committing perverts and should be culled to Make <country> Great Again

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Did we stop calling them nazis for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

drilldo squirt posted:

Did we stop calling them nazis for some reason?

Nazis can dress themselves