Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Gyges posted:

My only contribution to names chat is that I once knew a woman who named her son Achilles and know someone who gave their son the middle name Kal-El.

Nicholas Cage legit named his son Kal-El

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:gizz:

I'm not hopeful for this but oh holy gently caress how I want to believe the US Attorney's office got this from the judge and just started high-fiving each other for an hour.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Malloreon posted:

Nicholas Cage legit named his son Kal-El
Generally speaking people should not model their lives after that of Nicolas Cage

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I was going to say he did pretty well for himself then remembered he was poo poo with money.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Nessus posted:

Generally speaking people should not model their lives after that of Nicolas Cage

Why would you lie to everyone like this

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/766796362625212416
(Advisor = "former Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA)")

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm not hopeful for this but oh holy gently caress how I want to believe the US Attorney's office got this from the judge and just started high-fiving each other for an hour.

Arpaio might also be losing his reelection bid, which would be awesome

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't wait for the loving tell-all books that come out in a few years about being one of the few sane people trying to manage Trump's campaign.
It would make a great sequel to The Disaster Artist.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Augus posted:

I can't wait for the loving tell-all books that come out in a few years about being one of the few sane people trying to manage Trump's campaign.

Are there any good books on the 2012 election? I remember thinking the same thing 4 years ago. Hard to believe that election seemed crazy at the time.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

I don't want the competition. :birddrugs:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

emoji posted:

Ironically enough the areas where black people live in the de facto segregated city are high and dry.

i'm assuming all of them live in this location??

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

Ayre Natyonal Gyard

omg this made me lose my poo poo

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

OddObserver posted:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/766796362625212416
(Advisor = "former Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA)")

What does this even mean?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Black people are only comfortable in riots I guess. Seems a bit racist to me but I am not the expert on race relations that a Trump supporter is apparently.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

RZA Encryption posted:

I'd assume it's about that photo of a guy in front of a burning car "from milwaukee" that was actually from after some sports event. So, shockingly, racist.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Moatman posted:

I'd assume it's about that photo of a guy in front of a burning car "from milwaukee" that was actually from after some sports event. So, shockingly, racist.

I don't really think that any of us are shocked by how racist the Trump campaign is anymore.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RZA Encryption posted:

"HURRR LET ME BE RACIST AS gently caress HUUUUUUURRRR"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RZA Encryption posted:

The guy was talking about how awesome Trump is with his black outreach, the CNN Host points out that all that outreach is in front of super white crowds. Dumbass concedes that maybe it would be better optics to talk to black people in front of a burning car instead of in front of white people, you know, so it show's he can connect with what matter to black people.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

QuarkJets posted:

People can't survive the castle debt that NC barely can being in any film that'll hire him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gyges posted:

The guy was talking about how awesome Trump is with his black outreach, the CNN Host points out that all that outreach is in front of super white crowds. Dumbass concedes that maybe it would be better optics to talk to black people in front of a burning car instead of in front of white people, you know, so it show's he can connect with what matter to black people.

It's times like this that the Trump surrogates are doing Hillary a favor. They keep on handing soundbites over on silver platters.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
80 days to go with a near unreachable lead and Hillary still hasn't had to dip into her Opposition Research war chest yet.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I hope when the election is over, Hillary sends Trump a fruit basket with a thank you note for all the help he's given her campaign.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Instant Sunrise posted:

I hope when the election is over, Hillary sends Trump a fruit basket with a thank you note for all the help he's given her campaign.

Better: bottles of Trump Vodka.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

iospace posted:

Better: bottles of Trump Vodka.

Purchased from some liquidation outlet store.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
To be honest, all you'd need to do is get a regular glass bottle, tape a piece of paper that says Trump on it and fill it with water. It's basically the same thing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I hope Hillary starts using that poo poo. I mean, you don't want to give the Don a sympathy bounce but you might as well smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

RZA Encryption posted:

He was on All In (with Joy Reed subbing for Chris Hayes) and refused to answer any of her questions. She'd ask him if he would advise Trump to apologize for anything specific, and he'd immediately BEN GHAZI WAS A HILLARY LIE and they'd talk over each other until she could try to ask him another question he'd ignore.

I was amazed how she could hold back from just cutting his mic. Hannity or O'Reilly would have muted and berated anyone talking like that to them in a fraction of a second, and she put up with this jackass for about four minutes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm torn between being happy he's getting what's been coming for a long time and shocked and dismayed that he's still relevant. I lost track of that career in like 2010 and assume he just had burned out by now.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

edrith posted:

namechat: i know a two-year-old named Bridger and a three-year-old named Aaro, plus a Gigi (not short for anything), a Lexi (again, not short for anything), an Ahna, an Arli, and a Denim. Also a Wulfgar. His brother's name is Samuel. all of these kids are white.

I'd name my kid Bridger just for the Italian Job reference. Getting to play "Get a Bloomin' Move On" at birthdays. :cool:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm a substitute teacher. Last year, I saw one kid had Kal-El as his first name.

Another kid's name was Raiden.

I work in a community center and some poor kid was named Casual Waters

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm torn between being happy he's getting what's been coming for a long time and shocked and dismayed that he's still relevant. I lost track of that career in like 2010 and assume he just had burned out by now.

All of the old racist white people from all over the country have retired to his county for decades, it'll take a while for them all to finally die off.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Bad Moon posted:

I work in a community center and some poor kid was named Casual Waters

Did they have a twin named Formal?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Nessus posted:

I hope Hillary starts using that poo poo. I mean, you don't want to give the Don a sympathy bounce but you might as well smoke 'em if you got 'em.
August is the slow news month after the primaries before things heat up in September and October. And, it may not seem that way now, but once this election is over we'll be talking about how not much happened in August, relatively speaking.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
One guy I know named his son Loki.

Fortunately, said kid is far too young to become a brony.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
As a resident of Arizona, I hope you all appreciate our long term project to concentrate as many racist seniors into Sun City as possible.

We're nearing phase two, where we lower a concrete sarcophagus over the entire retirement community.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

blue squares posted:

i'm assuming all of them live in this location??

Predominantly older (higher ground) neighborhoods built before white flight and industrial areas, the usual

emoji fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 20, 2016

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

edrith posted:

namechat: i know a two-year-old named Bridger and a three-year-old named Aaro, plus a Gigi (not short for anything), a Lexi (again, not short for anything), an Ahna, an Arli, and a Denim. Also a Wulfgar. His brother's name is Samuel. all of these kids are white.

And white people love to call black names ghetto and "made up".

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Did I miss where someone posted about Trump saying black people "live in poverty, so what do they have to lose?" By voting for him?

Because I didn't see it and god drat is this guy something.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

The Lakynn couple are people that I'd expect to see on HGTV's Fixer Upper

"uh, I liiiiiiiiiiike shiplap"

(who am I kidding, I love that show)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
A woman I know named her first girl Alayahna. Which isn't too bad I guess. Her second daughter is named Audesi (pronounced Odyssey).

• Locked thread