Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

etalian posted:

He was in the primary and it was very sad.

calling it a campaign would be, uh, generous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

and now it's dinner time and im don't with the duckquotes, hope that was a full ten pages of adventure and waterfowl!!! :duckie:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homework Explainer posted:

calling it a campaign would be, uh, generous

I think he got something like 11 votes in the Iowa primary

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

I'm betting that when/if polls don't move much he's gonna explode. Being on script 24/7 must drive him insane tbh.

The question is if he got his fix tonight at the rally. Somehow I doubt he felt the adrenaline rush from reciting lines from a trumpteprompter to a half filled room.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Didnt even make the wall of shame at Trump HQ :sad:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

babypolis posted:

i have to be honest this pivot is making me nervous

At best he may be able to shore up some shaky suburban Republican who'll support him now because he's saying crazy stuff in a less crazy way via teleprompter, but at the best that'll still only get him up from the 30s into the low 40s.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

Didnt even make the wall of shame at Trump HQ :sad:

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
writing is hard

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If he keeps driving at this minority outreach thing he's going to lose white supremacist votes as there's only so much wink wink nudge nudge they will tolerate

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
how angry do you think trump would get if people just start calling him a loser?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

If he keeps driving at this minority outreach thing he's going to lose white supremacist votes as there's only so much wink wink nudge nudge they will tolerate

maybe there are hidden white supremacist voters in swing states not captured in current polling?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Al is pretty great

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

how angry do you think trump would get if people just start calling him a loser?

Well, that was pretty much every non keynote speaker from the DNC. So he'd threaten to punch them in the face.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

writing is hard

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Based on the reaction to his 'minority outreach' it could end up being a net negative for him :lol:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe Trump campaign should try to determine white bedsheet sales in each state and use this to correct polling?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Epic High Five posted:

"Bro, he's got to do that to pander for the globalist-cuck vote. This is the general election, broseph."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

That was more or less traced so thats basically alex jones natural body shape

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Expecting Trump to down tone the message, is like expecting a pitbull to not eventually maul its elderly owner.

etalian fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 21, 2016

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Beautiful.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

etalian posted:

Expecting Trump to tone the message, is like expecting a pitbull to not eventually maul its elderly owner.

His biggest pivot has been from bragging about polls to actually talking about Hillary. He will be bored of this by the end of next week, mark my words.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

etalian posted:

Expecting Trump to down tone the message, is like expecting a pitbull to not eventually maul its elderly owner.

How very dare you pit bulls are extremely loyal and actually golden retriever is the most aggressive breed they tested this by poking dogs with a stick in a lab.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/u...WT.nav=top-news

Is this as big as I think it is? Says Trump underreported about $300 Mil to the FEC

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Internet Webguy posted:

His biggest pivot has been from bragging about polls to actually talking about Hillary. He will be bored of this by the end of next week, mark my words.

After a week of seeing that normal life for a politician is all handing out play-doh and sitting through dull policy meetings, I bet DJT is seriously considering dropping out so he can go back to shouting at construction contractors and pressuring green card-seeking Serbian models for BJs.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

New York Times posted:

What Donald J. Trump Owns and Owes

Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. An investigation into the real estate holdings of Donald J. Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, found complex partnerships and debts of at least double the amount to be gleaned from public filings he has made amid his campaign. Credit Damon Winter/The New York Times
On the campaign trail, Donald J. Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, has sold himself as a businessman who has made billions of dollars and is beholden to no one.

But an investigation by The New York Times into the financial maze of Mr. Trump’s real estate holdings in the United States reveals that companies he owns have at least $650 million in debt — twice the amount than can be gleaned from public filings he has made as part of his bid for the White House. The Times’s inquiry also found that Mr. Trump’s fortunes depend deeply on a wide array of financial backers, including one he has cited in attacks during his campaign.

For example, an office building on Avenue of the Americas in Manhattan, of which Mr. Trump is part owner, carries a $950 million loan. Among the lenders: the Bank of China, one of the largest banks in a country that Mr. Trump has railed against as an economic foe of the United States, and Goldman Sachs, a financial institution he has said controls Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee, after it paid her $675,000 in speaking fees.

Real estate projects often involve complex ownership and mortgage structures. And given Mr. Trump’s long real estate career in the United States and abroad, as well as his claim that his personal wealth exceeds $10 billion, it is safe to say that no previous major party presidential nominee has had finances nearly as complicated.

As president, Mr. Trump would have substantial sway over monetary and tax policy, as well as the power to make appointments that would directly affect his own financial empire. He would also wield influence over legislative issues that could have a significant impact on his net worth, and would have official dealings with countries in which he has business interests.

Yet The Times’s examination underscored how much of Mr. Trump’s business remains shrouded in mystery. He has declined to disclose his tax returns or allow an independent valuation of his assets.

Earlier in the campaign, Mr. Trump submitted a 104-page federal financial disclosure form. It said his businesses owed at least $315 million to a relatively small group of lenders and listed ties to more than 500 limited liability companies. Though he answered the questions, the form appears to have been designed for candidates with simpler finances than his, and did not require disclosure of portions of his business activities.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Alex Jones definitely considers DMT hackers the bad guys. They'd never give him help via astral projection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BKzuzjjCro

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Still can't believe Alex jones is 42. At any given moment he looks and sounds like he's in the middle of a heart attack.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Squizzle posted:

palin was one of the buckets used to hold the bobcat cum before it was dumped into the big barrel

I think this is actually not problematic in a fourth wave post post postmodern feminism way

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
alex jone's eventual on air heart attack will be funny yes but can we talk about the NYT thing

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bunleigh posted:

Still can't believe Alex jones is 42. At any given moment he looks and sounds like he's in the middle of a heart attack.

He has a big heart full of HOT BLOOD tho

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
the new trump style seems to be exactly what he needs. He is still saying all the same horrible fascist poo poo, just without the off the cuff gaffes. If he can keep this up I still think hill wins but it is going to be a much closer race. I'm sure he'd much rather be out there running his mouth but I can see him keeping his poo poo together until november now that he has seen the same act won't work in the general

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

crazy cloud posted:

He has a big heart full of HOT BLOOD tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c1m2BAg2Sc
♪hot blooded, check it and see
the freaking frogs are gay for dmt♪

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c1m2BAg2Sc
♪hot blooded, check it and see
the freaking frogs are gay for dmt♪

♪come on baby, what've you got to lose ♪

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
I take a break from this thread and Baloogan replaces the hatless one as IK??

Baloogan I officially endorse you as IK on behalf of the Swedish video game industry.

Also Trump is a mess.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Swedgin posted:

I'm guessing they'll go the Sarah Palin prep route: try and get him to memorize ten answers to anticipated questions and tell him to use one of the answers even if the question isn't anticipated.

From a lot of accounts(like the Ben Schwartz Art of the Deal guy) he may actually have less of an attention span than Palin, so good luck with that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You'll be treated humanely
On this railcar cruuuuuuuuise

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

StateOwned posted:

the new trump style seems to be exactly what he needs. He is still saying all the same horrible fascist poo poo, just without the off the cuff gaffes. If he can keep this up I still think hill wins but it is going to be a much closer race. I'm sure he'd much rather be out there running his mouth but I can see him keeping his poo poo together until november now that he has seen the same act won't work in the general

This assumes Trump is capable of learning and adapting, which as we have seen is patently untrue.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

cargo cult posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/u...WT.nav=top-news

Is this as big as I think it is? Says Trump underreported about $300 Mil to the FEC

Doesn't sound too off. If Trump can stop chomping on his own toenails on national TV, Hillary might be able to point the news cycle towards it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

This assumes Trump is capable of learning and adapting, which as we have seen is patently untrue.

Manafort tried to get Trump to tone/polish his message but after a few weeks Trumplestilskin started to go back to his old ways.

• Locked thread