Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Spiros posted:

:stare::stare::stare: did you say MASTER?! :vince:

Heh, jealous? Don't worry I do training and it starts at $120 an hour :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
clutching with the helpful advice of the peanut gallery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgGFOcdWk8c

subtitled for ur viewing pleasure

Resource
Aug 6, 2006
Yay!
Thanks for the invite :)

Resource fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 21, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:toot: Happy Birthday CS:GO :toot:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Why do people hate the map remakes?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Agoat posted:

a) they have lovely PCs
b) nostalgia

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Katana Gomai posted:

a) they have lovely PCs
b) nostalgia

This actually wouldn't surprise me.

Also, I miss Thunder. That map was so dumb and I loved it.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
partly because i don't want to embarrass myself, partly because i don't have a lot of time to commit to playing a game solidly for an hour, i only got around to playing my first competitive game today. i felt like some kind of god. i don't think i will have to rise much higher to be outmatched, but among the prepubescent silver IIs i was king. i got a taste of people going afk for rounds mid-match, and one player who flashbanged us at spawn every round. amazing.

two things I noticed immediately: i need to talk, but i have no idea what to say to guide/help my teammates. And i also need to remember to buy armour, because i am so used to spawning with it.

anyway, all in all, pretty fun

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Agoat posted:

Train is actually really loving good, Nuke is an absolute shitshow.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Never heard this MegamanTV guy cast before, he did a really good job of the C9 vs NRG qualifier. It's just nice to hear a new voice tbqh

https://www.twitch.tv/starladder_cs_en/v/84774514

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Simple looking good w/ navi against astralis atm

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Simple looking good w/ navi against astralis atm

na'vi looks scary, c9 also looks really scary too. I wouldn't want to play either team.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

Never heard this MegamanTV guy cast before, he did a really good job of the C9 vs NRG qualifier. It's just nice to hear a new voice tbqh

https://www.twitch.tv/starladder_cs_en/v/84774514

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBWSQmwlR-g

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so theres a guy streaming his attempt to reach global elite solo. He's been in silver 1 for about 30 wins so far lol

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
That's izak, a fairly solid player at global. It's kind of ridiculous that the silver mines are so deep that you can drop 50+ in several games and not rank up.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

omfg the vape hits, this is damning information sleppy

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

That's izak, a fairly solid player at global. It's kind of ridiculous that the silver mines are so deep that you can drop 50+ in several games and not rank up.

i now believe in elo hell

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

omfg the vape hits, this is damning information sleppy

it is more absurd that you haven't heard of a top five caster in the loving world

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

sleppy posted:

it is more absurd that you haven't heard of a top five caster in the loving world

for what games? literally never heard his name until this morning

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

it was a joke (like megaman's casting) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBWSQmwlR-g&t=143s

I think he started off in ESEA because that's what I always saw him casting last year. He would post reddit threads asking for areas to imrpove but only got that video in response most of the time, eventually throwing a fit and deleting the thread.

I will admit he is a fine caster, but he looks like a shitlord.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh wait the solo global guy has 54 wins and still silver 1 lol

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

izak just got kicked from his game

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Bohemian Nights posted:

:stare: Guess I should not complain about slow ranking speed anymore then.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
he probably bought an account with 10 wins and thousands of losses

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

sleppy posted:

it was a joke (like megaman's casting) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBWSQmwlR-g&t=143s

I think he started off in ESEA because that's what I always saw him casting last year. He would post reddit threads asking for areas to imrpove but only got that video in response most of the time, eventually throwing a fit and deleting the thread.

I will admit he is a fine caster, but he looks like a shitlord.

He casted ESEA matches for quite a few years and namely teamed up with blu, moses, and LeX (when he would sometimes cast). As a matter of fact, it was announced that he and ESEA parted ways a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like that Starladder has picked him up for the NA qualifiers because of it. I always thought he was a solid caster, although a little bit of a douche who clearly doesn't know much about high level play when he has to fill dead air with his co-hosts.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

exethan posted:

he probably bought an account with 10 wins and thousands of losses

Yeah... cause I bought a silver 1 account 3 days ago, with 150 wins, played like 15 games between now and then and it's gn1. Once he gets out of S1 it will go fast.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Photex posted:

Train is actually really loving good, Nuke is an absolute shitshow.

Why do you hate Nuke?

Esposito posted:

two things I noticed immediately: i need to talk, but i have no idea what to say to guide/help my teammates. And i also need to remember to buy armour, because i am so used to spawning with it.

anyway, all in all, pretty fun

A good place to start is what you see or hear. If you're playing a site and you hear a player, call that you hear someone at your site. If you see bomb, let the team know. The key is be short and clean and don't mislead your team. Two players on your site does not mean the whole team is there, but if you see bomb your team needs to know. You'll learn call outs as you get better but there's also an onscreen indicator for most places. Eventually teach yourself to call out AWPer locations etc.

At Silver you're not expected to do much, so don't be afraid to fail. The key is to try your best and always be improving.

Edit: I'll play community competitive with you if you're up for it. I'm not the best player in this thread but I have the basics down well enough to get you started. I'm Agoat on Steam.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 22, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Agoat posted:

A good place to start is what you see or hear. If you're playing a site and you hear a player, call that you hear someone at your site. If you see bomb, let the team know. The key is be short and clean and don't mislead your team. Two players on your site does not mean the whole team is there, but if you see bomb your team needs to know. You'll learn call outs as you get better but there's also an onscreen indicator for most places. Eventually teach yourself to call out AWPer locations etc.

At Silver you're not expected to do much, so don't be afraid to fail. The key is to try your best and always be improving.

Agree with this, especially the "Keep it short and clean" do not blabber on and on while you're dead, even with people's volume turned down to 50% if people babble forever I can't hear poo poo.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

MF_James posted:

Agree with this, especially the "Keep it short and clean" do not blabber on and on while you're dead, even with people's volume turned down to 50% if people babble forever I can't hear poo poo.

Something else, try to eliminate a ton of background noise. I've played with people that have awesome callouts but have so much white noise that I can't hear anything else.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Thanks for the advice. I'll add you. I'm playing from Europe and, as I said, don't have a lot of time to dedicate to the game, but if our times ever cross I'll hit you up.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Esposito posted:

Thanks for the advice. I'll add you. I'm playing from Europe and, as I said, don't have a lot of time to dedicate to the game, but if our times ever cross I'll hit you up.

I work nights in the US. We'll find a night, I'm sure!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Garfu posted:

Yeah... cause I bought a silver 1 account 3 days ago, with 150 wins, played like 15 games between now and then and it's gn1. Once he gets out of S1 it will go fast.
I don't know man, things are different now. 95% of my games played we win and I'm usually close to double the kills of my 2nd place teammate and I've been stuck at top Silver forever. Granted I don't play that much (couple games maybe every 4-5 days) but you'd think it would budge quicker than it has. I'm not budging at all. Before the switch I was DMG and well I hate my usual current teammates; it was so fun & focused before.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i'm so bad at this game :rip:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
maybe you end up in elo hell if you complain a lot

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
What causes the high pitched whining and hissing some people have in their mics? Sounds electrical, usually at least one person in each match suffers from it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Bad genes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mousesports: -nex, +oskar

This has pretty much been confirmed for a while now, but I think most people expected denis to be kicked instead of nex. Still happy for oskar, though. Dude's a monster with the AWP. I might actually like Mousesports now.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Photex posted:

Nuke is an absolute shitshow.

Newke is leagues better than old nuke.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

symbolic posted:

Mousesports: -nex, +oskar

This has pretty much been confirmed for a while now, but I think most people expected denis to be kicked instead of nex. Still happy for oskar, though. Dude's a monster with the AWP. I might actually like Mousesports now.

nice, probably the biggest net positive change that has been made so far this offseason

s1mple seems like a pretty good change so far, but I wouldn't be shocked if his personality doesn't take the standard na'vi raging to a whole new level. plus the coaching rule change will probably really hurt them now that they don't have an IGL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

real dilemma posted:

nice, probably the biggest net positive change that has been made so far this offseason

s1mple seems like a pretty good change so far, but I wouldn't be shocked if his personality doesn't take the standard na'vi raging to a whole new level. plus the coaching rule change will probably really hurt them now that they don't have an IGL.

To add to that... I've been watching all of the C9 games and Tim has been playing really well too, like 3x the player of Slemmy