Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
kof grapplers actually have more tools than their command grabs (that and they can combo into them, which makes them more versatile)

it's more a set of tools that they can use to open up their opponent

compared to sf5 zangief who is archaic grappler design who almost entirely relies upon command grabs to do anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Booyah- posted:

That's cool. Other grapplers you might have heard of are 98 Clark, diamon; maybe xrd sol

There's a whole world out there you lothire. Don't settle...yet

Isn't Orochi Yashiro a goon favorite too?

e:

General Morden posted:

kof grapplers actually have more tools than their command grabs (that and they can combo into them, which makes them more versatile)

compared to sf5 zangief who is archaic grappler design who almost entirely relies upon command grabs to do anything

Hell yeah, KOF grapplers feel really great, they're way more robust than SF grapplers.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 21, 2016

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I believe you mean Yashiro of the Parched Earth

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zJ35fmqyOs

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

General Morden posted:

see also: KI Thunder

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

I believe you mean Yashiro of the Parched Earth

i think you mean iori

edit:
of the 3 tacos

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhn37RO9EcQ

the sfv experience

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

that alex should fix his poo poo, this game works fine for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaik9Y3zW3k
this is the intended audience for SFV

Zand fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 22, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zand posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaik9Y3zW3k
this is the intended audience for SFV

Is that hidden camera footage from Capcom's QA team?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Is that hidden camera footage from Capcom's QA team?
actual footage of the marvel qa team
https://a.pomf.cat/gvjwvk.webm

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How to play SFV - A handy visual guide:
https://gfycat.com/RecklessImmaculateDwarfmongoose

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the game reads everything as DP or crHPxxDP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fereydun posted:

actual footage of the marvel qa team
https://a.pomf.cat/gvjwvk.webm

tabs is that a dmc stage play?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ryu's combo game looking strong
https://twitter.com/tamamo5/status/767422649031155713

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"We felt sorry about Capcom's incompetence so we sent them ALL the loving info they could probably need."

Could GGPO do that with the netcode as well?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Like four dudes in a basement somewhere are teaching a million dollar game company how to make games.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
GGPO has no incentive to help a company too stubborn to license the one netcode product that actually works.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

"We felt sorry about Capcom's incompetence so we sent them ALL the loving info they could probably need."

Could GGPO do that with the netcode as well?

the guys who were tweeting about how busted sfv netcode was said it should be easy to equally balance the lag on both players but idk

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I got the dreaded -1000pp penalty after quitting on 3 matches, within the first 15 seconds, because the other guy had crazy rollback. This was in casual mode BTW.

I get the need for some rq system but at least improve your garbage rollback system. I dont want to play a bison who can dash up and hk from mid screen in 2 frames.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I got the dreaded -1000pp penalty after quitting on 3 matches, within the first 15 seconds, because the other guy had crazy rollback. This was in casual mode BTW.

I get the need for some rq system but at least improve your garbage rollback system. I dont want to play a bison who can dash up and hk from mid screen in 2 frames.

Casual!!!! Lol rip

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

ROFL

Street Fight V: Everyone Has Dhalsim Teleports Edition

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I've seen on Reddit that people with higher-tier PC's tend to have more issues with the rollback (I think this was how SFxT on PC was a disaster, people with a good-tier PC playing against someone who barely got 60fps would get awful rollback). I have a 970 and 4670k, so not sure it that holds true.

The really embarrassing admission; I bought a copy of SFV on PS4 I wanted to get used to 8F for playing offline and I don't really remember suffering with rollback much at all. Hardly ever actually. I got up to Plat and never really had much / any issues at all with rollback. Whether or not the high-tier PC theory is true then, I have no idea.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's not worse, just different

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Whether or not the high-tier PC theory is true then, I have no idea.

Of all the various theories I think this one holds least water. I'm not completely sold on the "better connection gets more role back" one either but it at least has some logic behind it. How on earth a more powerful system could lead to lag makes zero sense, more so with this game being frame locked.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Capcom's SFV Network Engineer (singular) is just rear end. The problem could be loving anything.
I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of rollback correlated with the number of consonants you've got in your CFN name.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Well at least some of the system used is intended for use by mobile games so not terrible surprising it's not worked out as intended.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Capcom releases mobile game, home button makes your phone explode

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

you closed the app?

pay $3.99 to open it again

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Capcom releases mobile game, home button makes your phone explode

Every time you make an action in the game, it takes 8 weeks for the servers to process it.

General Morden posted:

you closed the app?

pay $3.99 to open it again

Nah, you're forced to play an awful survival mode minigame to open the app back again.
You don't get the option to pay until 6 months after release.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

In a completely scientific experiment, I played ps4 ranked for an hour and didn't experience one instance of rollback. Save for one guy from Spain who had a tiny amount, but Spain was always awful connection wise anyway. On PC right now I can frequently run into the permanent constant unplayable rollback. Every 3 matches or so, it's not fun at all and I really do wonder if PC specs have something to do with it. It's not like many people are asking questions about it, nor are capcom really saying much either.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

In a completely scientific experiment, I played ps4 ranked for an hour and didn't experience one instance of rollback. Save for one guy from Spain who had a tiny amount, but Spain was always awful connection wise anyway. On PC right now I can frequently run into the permanent constant unplayable rollback. Every 3 matches or so, it's not fun at all and I really do wonder if PC specs have something to do with it. It's not like many people are asking questions about it, nor are capcom really saying much either.

i played on ps4 today 5 bar only and got a couple teleporting ryus so idk

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Real hurthling! posted:

i played on ps4 today 5 bar only and got a couple teleporting ryus so idk

Evil Ryu confirmed as next character.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Better use it to win tourneys now before Capcom decides to nerf it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what's ryu's 4th special in smash anyway? or does he only have 3?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He has a parry on down B like 1/3rd of the smash 4 cast

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

makes sense. thanks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ryu is cool because you can hit B to do a fireball but you can also do qcf.A and the fireball is stronger. It works for all his moves, neat mechanic for putting street fighter in Smash

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

In Training posted:

it's not a parry

it's his focus attack from sf4

which you can cancel in and out of

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and it shield breaks like whoa as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

In Training posted:

Parry is his powershield, his downb is actually Focus Attack and he can FADC with it both on the ground and in the air. His Collarbone Breaker is an guaranteed shield breaker. Ryus like to c.LK or light uptilt (whichever move the chickenwing elbow thing is) confirm into EX Shoryuken to close stocks. Also re: manual inputs, they patched him after release to slightly delay his turnaround time so he could more reliably do half-circle fireballs without doing turnaround tatsus, which has presumably never been an issue for Ryu before. Also he has no air friction or air deceleration to make his jumps work just like Street Fighter, where other fighters have varying degrees of air control to drift forward or back with their jumps. Anyways thanks for reading my post.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 23, 2016