Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
He'd pick better songs at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would really love to see Wes Anderson make a superhero movie, original or adapted. If adapted, I think he'd be best at something you wouldn't expect. A character that's not particularly quirky. Someone really iconic with a big ensemble like Batman, or a team like Young Avengers.

We've all seen the Anderson X men parody, but I thought that was pretty poor caricature of what an Anderson film is like by someone who has seen but doesn't particularly understand them.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I know you were just talking DC, but I had always wanted Tarantino to write and direct a Luke Cage and Iron Fist movie, either in the present or as a '70s period piece.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I know you were just talking DC, but I had always wanted Tarantino to write and direct a Luke Cage and Iron Fist movie, either in the present or as a '70s period piece.

Well, you never know - Tarantino was happy to do an episode of CSI, after all.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Tarantino would rock Heroes for Hire (Luke, Danny, Misty, and Collen!) or hell, Suicide Squad. I would've loved to have seen him rewrite the script and make those characters his own.

He's said in the past he doesn't want to do a superhero film because of fan complaints of faith to the source material, and that he'd rather make up his own. It'd be great if he were paired up with an artist. Love to see him and Alex Ross or Adi Granov design characters together.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Dario the Wop posted:

Tarantino would rock Heroes for Hire (Luke, Danny, Misty, and Collen!) or hell, Suicide Squad. I would've loved to have seen him rewrite the script and make those characters his own.

He's said in the past he doesn't want to do a superhero film because of fan complaints of faith to the source material, and that he'd rather make up his own. It'd be great if he were paired up with an artist. Love to see him and Alex Ross or Adi Granov design characters together.

Phil Noto and David Aja are two of my favorite artists, and I think their retro sensibilities would complement Tarantino well, and vice versa. They both draw from a lot of commercial illustration, magazine layouts, retro movie posters and album covers, and fashion design.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I stumbled across the suggestion that Wesley Snipes should have played the Joker at some point and now I wish this could have happened.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

God, please keep Tarantino away from characters that I like.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ignite Memories posted:

God, please keep Tarantino away from characters that I like.

Heroes for Hire is right in his wheelhouse though. Kung Fu meets blaxpoitation in a 70's setting. He'd be perfect. I can't think of anything else superhero wise that I think he'd be good for though.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
As someone who grew up on blaxploitation films I can't think of anyone I'd want less than Tarantino. I mean if you're going to do a 70's style Luke Cage you'd be crazy not to get Scott Sanders.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Personally, I'm hoping we can minimize the amount of times people say 'friend of the family' in marvel properties

in before kitty pryde

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

She's really not even an actress. She's just a hot model who like so many others managed to parlay I to an acting gig.

So basically Gal Gadot

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty much. Gal at least was in a bunch of high profile films first. Cara was in Pan and like one other thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Pretty much. Gal at least was in a bunch of high profile films first. Cara was in Pan and like one other thing.

She's also super good friends with Tswift.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Dario the Wop posted:

Alex Ross is bad at character designs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timeless Appeal posted:

Holy poo poo look at this horrible opinion.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Timeless Appeal posted:

Really? I like all the KC originals. Even Red Robin would be good if not for the lovely cartoon bird on the chest.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo look at this horrible opinion.

A string of hits.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Both of those are awesome, handgun aside.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

A string of hits.

Kingdom Come has literally 200 amazing designs. Also his Cap design isn't bad at all, it just looks flat in that sketch.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Not only are those both bad, they're the same thing.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Love that Spidey look.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Phil Noto and David Aja are two of my favorite artists, and I think their retro sensibilities would complement Tarantino well, and vice versa. They both draw from a lot of commercial illustration, magazine layouts, retro movie posters and album covers, and fashion design.
Awesome idea. I threw out Ross and Granov's names because I was trying to think of comic book artists that have actually done character designs for films.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

get hosed

no really gently caress you

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tarantino would be good on an obscure property no one cares much about where he can just do what he wants.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I could see him making a decent Lobo movie

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Someone in CineD posted some minor Thor 3 spoilers that are being reported from set visitors.

Also, the leader of Devo (and composer for the Rugrats) is doing the score.

quote:

- loki makes Odin go crazy and puts him on earth to wander like a homeless person
- Thor gets Dr. Strange's address on a scrap of paper in the photo, for odin reasons or just to warp way out into space?

- Mark Mothersbaugh is doing the score, described as a mix of symphony and synth - seems to fit with the logo design.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Tarantino would be good on an obscure property no one cares much about where he can just do what he wants.

or on a more well known property if you let him do what he wants, i.e. I can definitely see him doing a very good Punisher film, possibly similar to the comics where the focus is more on people around Frank than Frank himself

that's probably little too in his normal wheelhouse though, so something like a loose adaptation of X-Statix might be better

e: or something like a lose adaptation of the Simone run on Deadpool/Agency X- really you'd want to let him pick I'd imagine

LGD fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 22, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't see it mentioned yet but Michael Pena has confirmed that he's returning for Ant Man and the Wasp.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Didn't see it mentioned yet but Michael Pena has confirmed that he's returning for Ant Man and the Wasp.

He's kind of vital to the story telling so this pleases me greatly!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I would love to see a Tarantino Ghost Rider done as a exploitation biker flick.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wrong thread

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Not only are those both bad, they're the same thing.

He made the designs like 10 years apart and they didn't even use the spidey so I don't see the big deal of him using a very similar design for both costumes.

Hasn't Alex also designed a ton of designs for Astro City? Because those designs rule.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I would mostly like to see Tarantino do Kill Bill, Vol. 3, to be honest. :shrug:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I would mostly like to see Tarantino do Kill Bill, Vol. 3, to be honest. :shrug:

I don't think part 2 really left much room for that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think part 2 really left much room for that.

IIRC he's said that if he did a sequel it would be the grown-up daughter of the woman she kills coming for revenge but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He did say that immediately after the 2nd part came out, but I think the last time someone asked him about that he said he wasn't really interested in doing something like that

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

IIRC he's said that if he did a sequel it would be the grown-up daughter of the woman she kills coming for revenge but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

It was going to be Vernita Green's daughter coming back for revenge against the Bride and her daughter, having been trained by armless Sophieie Fatale and blind Elle Driver, from what I'd heard.

Last I read about it, he said it probably wasn't happening.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

It was going to be Vernita Green's daughter coming back for revenge against the Bride and her daughter, having been trained by armless Sophieie Fatale and blind Elle Driver, from what I'd heard.

Last I read about it, he said it probably wasn't happening.

Didn't he say he's only going to make like two more films and KB3 isn't one of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's happening as much as Confederacy of Dunces is happening.

Directors and other creative types always say what to them is an offhanded comment but nerds always take as gospel and something that will certainly happen.

I would love to see Tarantino make a sci-fi or fantasy movie, I feel like he'd be more apt in making an adaption of like 70s Conan comics or something.

I grabbed the Shout Factory release of Buckaroo Banzai, and I never noticed that the comic shown is a Marvel comic. I wonder if there was ever an idea of actually making a BB comic, then or later.

• Locked thread