Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I completed all of mgs4 in one sitting in 2012 for my first time and I remember standing up during the whole final fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it was a level of hype never before felt

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Big Boss...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

frank.club posted:

I completed all of mgs4 in one sitting in 2012 for my first time and I remember standing up during the whole final fight

Same with mgs2 and mgs4, both times sleeping over at someone's house, by the time I beat mgs4 it was like 7 am and everyone was waking up

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Peace Walker seems insanely easy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

fronz posted:

Peace Walker seems insanely easy.

the sneaking missions are real easy because it was designed to be played on a psp with no camera control

the boss fights get nuts

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

and Rathalos still does his drat world tour move :argh:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ssome of the later sneaking missions get tough. i really like the idea of mmini sneaking missions al ot, and they do some good stuff with it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah! posted:

ssome of the later sneaking missions get tough. i really like the idea of mmini sneaking missions al ot, and they do some good stuff with it

i like how you really get to learn the maps, and they hide different stuff in all the nooks and crannies youve learned each time

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
the tanks are alright, which are the only bosses I've seen so far. I like the balloon thing where I can kidnap enemy soldiers

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i like how you really get to learn the maps, and they hide different stuff in all the nooks and crannies youve learned each time

yeah, i rreally like the find zadornov missions because oft hat, it felt like a final test aon how well you explored. pw's really cool as ide from a couple of weird design choices

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i do wish id played it on the psp, its definitely nnot as strong sittng down and playing it through in one sweep, nd i wish itw as easier to get the multiplayer workng if you're not on brazil time

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I also love Snake's idiotic explanations of who he is

Uh I'm uhhhhh here to catch a butterfly

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fronz posted:

I also love Snake's idiotic explanations of who he is

Uh I'm uhhhhh here to catch a butterfly

Its clever in hindsight since the AI weapons are names after butterfly life stages

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Snake has a genius level iq

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

and knows six languages

Soral
May 30, 2009

naked snake is an excellent chef but solid snake never learned how to cook

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

best voice acting in the series? (Other than david hayter of course)

robin atkin downes as kaz in v is great, he just sounds so bitter and pissy all the time. when you hear him on tapes more than you actually see him, it really helps characterize kaz

patric zimmerman as liquid ocelot in 4 was good too, perfectly ride the line between cheesy and TOO cheesy. if I had a brother I'd yell "brotherrrr!" at him

metal gear is cool

kiefer was good, i like cyborg ninja in mgs1 too for some reason, and cecile in pw.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

best voice acting in the series? (Other than david hayter of course)

robin atkin downes as kaz in v is great, he just sounds so bitter and pissy all the time. when you hear him on tapes more than you actually see him, it really helps characterize kaz

patric zimmerman as liquid ocelot in 4 was good too, perfectly ride the line between cheesy and TOO cheesy. if I had a brother I'd yell "brotherrrr!" at him

metal gear is cool

Cam Clarke as MGS1 Liquid, I love how grandiose and hammy he was able to come across.

Robin Atkin Downes is amazing too, when I first played Peace Walker I thought Kaz was still Cam Clarke from MGS1. I didn't realize it was Downes until later

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

kiefer was good, i like cyborg ninja in mgs1 too for some reason, and cecile in pw.

I heard cyborg ninja's speech about being soldiers of light in a world of darkness a lot because i died to metal gear so many times on my first file but i never skipped it. Too much respect for the Ninja and the performance

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I heard cyborg ninja's speech about being soldiers of light in a world of darkness a lot because i died to metal gear so many times on my first file but i never skipped it. Too much respect for the Ninja and the performance
It's a great cutscene. Every time I want to skip it I'm like "No! I can't do it!"

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a great cutscene. Every time I want to skip it I'm like "No! I can't do it!"

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

In fact, you haven't even seen what's after Rex yet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love metal gear (*during kojima's reign)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

In fact, you haven't even seen what's after Rex yet
I just think it was dumb for them to end the game with an unwinnable fight instead of having an ending, but it's cool that Kojima pushed the envelope that way.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I love the ending fight and monologue with The Boss, esp "all that's left for you to take is my life"

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bobnumerotres posted:

i love metal gear (*during kojima's reign)

I'm probably going to buy the zombie game but I'll be frowning the whole time I play it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just think it was dumb for them to end the game with an unwinnable fight instead of having an ending, but it's cool that Kojima pushed the envelope that way.

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

FactsAreUseless posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/30/metal-gear-solid-v-definitive-edition-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc/

ehhh

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so its mgs5 being rereleased with all the cosmetic dlc, the bulk of which is free anyway and its 50 bucks. devilwearsprada_groundbreaking.jpg

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

so its mgs5 being rereleased with all the cosmetic dlc, the bulk of which is free anyway and its 50 bucks. devilwearsprada_groundbreaking.jpg
It'll also have a bonus chapter.

Soral
May 30, 2009

finally.... the long awaited chapter 3

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

i really like how the credits spoil a post-credits scene in 4 and tpp. You see someone credited as a character who hasn't shown up yet and it's like, what?

im replaying all the games and that's my experience, thanks for reading

King Diamond
Dec 26, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

i really like how the credits spoil a post-credits scene in 4 and tpp. You see someone credited as a character who hasn't shown up yet and it's like, what?

im replaying all the games and that's my experience, thanks for reading

It didn't spoil it much for me in 4, because when I saw "Big Boss" I was just like, "What? Did I miss something?" because I figured there was no way in hell Big Boss was going to show up. Until he did

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I heard a rumor if enough people buy mgsv definitive edition konami will hire kojima back to finish chapter 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

• Locked thread