Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Kilroy posted:

if you see people doing voter intimidation on November 8 please drag them into an alley and break their legs tia

The irony being this is what republicans claim democrats do every election. I hope these people get arrested because i seriously doubt they intend to be neutral observers rather than a thuggish show of intimidation and coercing

Epic High Five posted:

Best example of food done wrong is that $38 deconstructed hot dog and other molecular gastronomy garbage whose purveyors should be run out on rails

I disagree, best example of food done wrong; Trump Steaks...because they're the best!

Ha! Not when your party specifically does, says, and supports racist poo poo. Even beofre Trump for quite a while this has been a core problem, your party needs a villain to hate, and with the big bad soviets gone, well, we've all seen where you went

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

We've had today's pivot

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/767685048703279104

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

SocketWrench posted:

The irony being this is what republicans claim democrats do every election. I hope these people get arrested because i seriously doubt they intend to be neutral observers rather than a thuggish show of intimidation and coercing

First of all, it's not like the Trump people are the only side planning to be at the polls on election day; the Democrats are getting pretty good at having poll observers, lawyer hotlines, local counsel ready to go to court, etc. on voting day to enable people to vote, push back against voter intimidation, make sure that often-enjoined voter ID laws aren't enforced, etc. I can tell you that the Clinton campaign is already assembling a large team to go to PA (and other swing states) and do just that, since I'm on it.

Oh, and it's likely that if these people coordinate with or are directed by the Trump campaign (and it's certain if they're directed by the RNC or the coordinated campaign) that it's illegal and they're in violation of a court order. https://electionlawblog.org/?p=85289

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Yes, new improved Donald insults people's girlfriends. That's what the electorate wants

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

theflyingorc posted:

Yes, new improved Donald insults people's girlfriends. That's what the electorate wants

She's not his girlfriend, he's married and she's just his cohost.(though he treats her like his secretary)

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/767691437026705408?s=09

:lol:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Morning Joe is one hell of a jilted lover.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

comes along bort posted:

Morning Joe is one hell of a jilted lover.

Hell, ask his office staff from his term in congress.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

Hell, ask his office staff from his term in congress.

How? With a Ouija board?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

comes along bort posted:

How? With a Ouija board?

No, with Nancy Reagan.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Josef bugman posted:

Do you guys still have spray on cheese and hot dogs as Pizza crust? Because if you want an example of food done wrong that is it.

Then why was gawker still shut down?

A Brit lecturing people on what good food is? Lmao. Share with us some quality British cuisine that is "done right", mate!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blood clots for breakfast, folks.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Tea tastes like loving poo poo you limey twats loving tea you've fooled the world but not Moxie gently caress tea aargh it's just any old loving leaves I'm on to your poo poo Britain

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Tea...is good

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Moxie posted:

Tea tastes like loving poo poo you limey twats loving tea you've fooled the world but not Moxie gently caress tea aargh it's just any old loving leaves I'm on to your poo poo Britain

Anyone who names themselves after the Northeastern US beverage that tastes of burned tires and banana peels doesn't get to talk about drink flavors ever.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

He...thinks he's...Atticus Finch

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

unseenlibrarian posted:

Anyone who names themselves after the Northeastern US beverage that tastes of burned tires and banana peels doesn't get to talk about drink flavors ever.

Maybe you don't know poo poo about my name. Moxie tastes like poo poo too I'm not a beverage

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kilroy posted:

I picture her saying this as she points to a Venn diagram that is actually just a single circle.

Yeah. She seems really naive about just how much of the GOP's support comes from the racist "fringe". If they lose the racists, then the GOP will basically collapse.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Moxie posted:

Maybe you don't know poo poo about my name. Moxie tastes like poo poo too I'm not a beverage

Still better than your posts.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why is Trump picking fights with Joe Scarborough?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sharkie posted:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/767701373827833861

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Sharkie posted:

he was mean to him once, and Trump is a stupid man

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
feeling a bit :derp: this morning, despite all the evidence that I shouldn't be. I do not understand why the Clinton campaign keeps hitting the Russia button tho http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-russia-mook-clinton-foundation-227237

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sharkie posted:

Trump can /not/ let a thing go, ever. He's incapable of it.

If he had his way, he'd still be talking about the Khans.

emdash posted:

feeling a bit :derp: this morning, despite all the evidence that I shouldn't be. I do not understand why the Clinton campaign keeps hitting the Russia button tho http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-russia-mook-clinton-foundation-227237

Because Trump, even pre-Manafort, has always had a soft spot for Russia. Manafort only went in and exploited it. It's more a jab at Trump's supporters who remember the cold war.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

emdash posted:

Because it's actually a pretty reasonable thing to remind the media when they bring up the loving Clinton Foundation that they don't bother to push Trump on his way, way seedier business transactions; like the fact that his company was almost certainly bailed out by Russian loans.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

emdash posted:

Yeah I don't know who that's supposed to appeal to..."serious" republicans to try to discourage them, I guess? If I had her job I'd have people constantly baiting him to talk about women and immigrants.

theflyingorc posted:

he was mean to him once, and Trump is a stupid man
Thank you and now I understand it was naive to ask.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

He had an actual Russian agent who may now be under federal investigation as a campaign manager.

The Russia Button is basically 'No seriously this happened.'

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Of course CNN is letting us know THIS IS TRUMP'S BIG CHANCE! IF HE JUST DOESN'T SAY SOMETHING STUPID, WE CAN PRETEND THIS RACE IS CLOSE AND BETWEEN TWO LEGITIMATE CANDIDATES!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

theflyingorc posted:

mika is joes co host, so its just him dismissing the woman

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 22, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Of course CNN is letting us know THIS IS TRUMP'S BIG CHANCE! IF HE JUST DOESN'T SAY SOMETHING STUPID, WE CAN PRETEND THIS RACE IS CLOSE AND BETWEEN TWO LEGITIMATE CANDIDATES!

To what extent is this a self-fulfilling prophecy though? Like if they just keep saying it, it surely manifests in polls to some extent. I guess not enough people watch cable news for it to end up having a major impact on the race. It is super uncomfortable for the time being though

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Because it's actually a pretty reasonable thing to remind the media when they bring up the loving Clinton Foundation that they don't bother to push Trump on his way, way seedier business transactions; like the fact that his company was almost certainly bailed out by Russian loans.
Ugh, the problem is Trump supporters don't care about any of that poo poo - they're voting for Trump because of the way he makes them feel.

If you're a potential Clinton voter but haven't decided yet, then what you really need to hear is why the attacks on the Clinton Foundation are way, way overblown, because you already know Trump is a poo poo-tier candidate. But of course Clinton can't actually be seen defending herself here, because that means she's "going on the defensive" which has bad optics because the media is poo poo and the electorate is dumb as a rock (particularly undecideds). But maybe needling him on this constantly will get him to finally break down and issue a series of poorly thought-out tweets on the subject - has he done that yet about his Russian connections?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

No sorry this is it, he's done it. Trump is now Very Serious and it's time we cut out the hawhaws and the wisecracks and listen to this very presidential man.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

emdash posted:

To what extent is this a self-fulfilling prophecy though? Like if they just keep saying it, it surely manifests in polls to some extent. I guess not enough people watch cable news for it to end up having a major impact on the race. It is super uncomfortable for the time being though

Well, they're playing the expectations game. If they set them low-enough, then he can succeed. The problem is that they also hold Hillary to a way, way higher standard because they know she's actually a legitimate candidate.

Kilroy posted:

Ugh, the problem is Trump supporters don't care about any of that poo poo - they're voting for Trump because of the way he makes them feel.

If you're a potential Clinton voter but haven't decided yet, then what you really need to hear is why the attacks on the Clinton Foundation are way, way overblown, because you already know Trump is a poo poo-tier candidate. But of course Clinton can't actually be seen defending herself here, because that means she's "going on the defensive" which has bad optics because the media is poo poo and the electorate is dumb as a rock (particularly undecideds). But maybe needling him on this constantly will get him to finally break down and issue a series of poorly thought-out tweets on the subject - has he done that yet about his Russian connections?

You're not appealing to Trump supporters, you're appealing to the middle there. And Mook did say why the attacks on the Clinton Foundation are dumb. Politico just didn't bother to include that in their story.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Well, they're playing the expectations game. If they set them low-enough, then he can succeed. The problem is that they also hold Hillary to a way, way higher standard because they know she's actually a legitimate candidate.

ah yeah that's true, I hadn't thought of it from the expectations angle

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The "Trump News Network" theory works well with Trump's pointless antagonism with members of the media. I'm imagining pundits calling each other out like a wrestling promotion.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

emdash posted:

ah yeah that's true, I hadn't thought of it from the expectations angle

Yeah it's basically setting the expectations as low as possible --- like his speech Thursday that they sited as A DRAMATIC TURN IN THIS CAMPAIGN, AND IF HE CAN DELIVER THAT AGAIN -- was boring, rambling teleprompter mess full of four Pinocchio lies. They're also conveniently ignoring that one of his chief surrogates spent the weekend talking about the Hillary Health Fuckery.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My hope is that by end of september/early october the dems decide to go in hard on making the conversation about abortion and birth control. It feels weird to type that but here we are. Just seriously imagine Trump's face talking at you about birth control. It's sickening. Plus there's no way he can avoid saying something incredibly ignorant.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sharkie posted:

My hope is that by end of september/early october the dems decide to go in hard on making the conversation about abortion and birth control. It feels weird to type that but here we are. Just seriously imagine Trump's face talking at you about birth control. It's sickening. Plus there's no way he can avoid saying something incredibly ignorant.

This does seem to be one of those issues that they just haven't gotten to because Trump was tripping over himself for the past month.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sharkie posted:

That flap about him saying women who get abortions should be punished being unpopular with pro-lifers was weird. Like, if you literally believed that abortion was murder, shouldn't a woman who gets an abortion be punished in the same way as someone who hires a hitman? If you're gonna have awful beliefs, at least be consistent about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

WoodrowSkillson posted:

mika is joes co host, so its just him dismissing the woman

Yeah, it's actually a lot worse than I thought

• Locked thread