Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nutranurse posted:

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the revelation that Egyptians were all black africans.

Jesus wasn't white???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

gfsincere posted:

But to pretend like eugenics doesn't work and then know that GMOs and cross breeding exists is fuckin hilarious to me. Eugenics is awful and morally reprehensible, but let's not act like the poo poo doesn't have a basis in sound science.

Eugenics has never been successfully implemented on a scale that would have a meaningful impact (positive or negative), and has had historically very little or no basis in what we would today recognize as "sound science".

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Demonstrating that you've kept a job without being terminated for an extended period of time is absolutely a huge plus for entry level positions, you're really overstating the case.

I mean, almost any other type of job is BETTER than a fast food job, but nobody wants to hire someone with no work experience.

I work in recruiting and you are categorically wrong.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
My bad y'all for engaging a majority white forum on telling them the reality of the world as its seen by those who aren't middle class white dudes. Kinda reinforces the points I was making in the first place.

Also all BBQ from Texas is terrible besides brisquet. Your ribs are slow roasted what is possibly a dogs anus, judging from taste.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Also, for the record, GMO's are 100% ok

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Yeah if I was expecting anyone to be arguing that eugenics was good science I would have guessed Trump followed by Stein.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

gfsincere posted:

My bad y'all for engaging a majority white forum on telling them the reality of the world as its seen by those who aren't middle class white dudes. Kinda reinforces the points I was making in the first place.

You should go talk to some lower class white dudes so you can get woke.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

gfsincere posted:

You honestly think it's billionaires and senators standing in front of the Houston NAACP holding a white lives matter banner?

The fact that you are trying to give white people an out when history suggests they were all pretty much on board with poo poo is indicative of why poo poo will never change. The white identity in America has no desire to reflect or look inward to see how they hosed up so massively, and so many buy into it because it's literally all they have as a point of pride. Having to admit America by and large hasn't been this bastion of hope, but a nightmare for generations of people will completely shatter the worldview of the majority of white Americans, so here we are.

You mean the squalling of a bunch of hicks desperately waving the flag of their dead traitor movement? They're so loud right now, due to the fact that they're losing. Their whole way of thinking is disgusting to the vast majority of the country. The only reason they're not in jail right now is those few senators and congressmen who go to bat for their kind. Many of which are the descendents of the slave owning swine who have always run the south.

America isn't a bastion of hope. It's just a country, a lot like many others. It's done a lot of bad poo poo over the years. None of it compares to what it did to the Native Americans. It's also done a lot of good. Most of that good has been done over the objections of the rich white upper class, who get dragged into prosperity and superiority kicking and screaming every time. Our strength is multiculturalism.

nutranurse posted:

Advocating for white supremacy, implicitly or explicitly, isn't limited to right wing types. :ssh:

You're not wrong, but who here is doing that?

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Amergin posted:

You should go talk to some lower class white dudes so you can get woke.

You should go gently caress yourself and stop shitposting.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

gfsincere posted:

My bad y'all for engaging a majority white forum on telling them the reality of the world as its seen by those who aren't middle class white dudes.

White people just can't handle the truth of eugenics, and how slavery bred blacks to excel at menial physical labor, you nailed it.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Talmonis posted:

You mean the squalling of a bunch of hicks desperately waving the flag of their dead traitor movement? They're so loud right now, due to the fact that they're losing. Their whole way of thinking is disgusting to the vast majority of the country. The only reason they're not in jail right now is those few senators and congressmen who go to bat for their kind. Many of which are the descendents of the slave owning swine who have always run the south.

America isn't a bastion of hope. It's just a country, a lot like many others. It's done a lot of bad poo poo over the years. None of it compares to what it did to the Native Americans. It's also done a lot of good. Most of that good has been done over the objections of the rich white upper class, who get dragged into prosperity and superiority kicking and screaming every time. Our strength is multiculturalism.

You're not wrong, but who here is doing that?

The only thing that is repulsive to the majority of society is that they went from dog whistles to bullhorns. The majority of white people dont mind the dog whistles, hence why they exist to this day.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

gfsincere posted:

Also all BBQ from Texas is terrible besides brisquet. Your ribs are slow roasted what is possibly a dogs anus, judging from taste.

I'm black. I'm sorry but you cannot come here talking about the genetic and physical superiority of black people, treat them like some separate, superior sub-species and then decry people for calling out your crazy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gfsincere posted:

Anger is just fine. Calling out white supremacy is fine. When you start making (or appear to make) the incredibly uncomfortable pro-eugenics supremacist arguments then you're not actually being angry, you're descending into the actual language of hate, just from a different direction. If you feel that you feel that way but nobody is any more obligated to pay lip service to your lovely eugenics argument than they are when neo-Nazis do it. If you didn't mean it that way (and I'd prefer not to believe you did) then you phrased what you said extremely poorly. This isn't a tone thing or anything, you didn't 'sound' wrong, you just appeared to be literally arguing in favor of eugenics and seemed an inch away from saying that the only problem is that the REAL superior race isn't in control.

You've done a lot of work and posted about it on these forums if I'm remembering who you are correct so I know you have a lot of strong emotions that you back up with action, but that doesn't mean anyone is obligated to play along with it when you start literally advocating for how eugenics were right.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

gfsincere posted:

Well well well, look's like we have a goon here who think's he knows better than an entire race of people. Disgusting, worse than a Hitler/Trump baby.

I of course am joking, I don't know what the hell is going on in this thread right now other than BBQ, which I have no clue about as I don't cook that or like BBQ sauce. Bleh.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Periodiko posted:

White people just can't handle the truth of eugenics, and how slavery bred blacks to excel at menial physical labor, you nailed it.

If you're ever wondering how insidious white supremacy is, it's when you write off history and black experience to shitpost and not acknowledge any drat thing.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

gfsincere posted:

Gee, that doesn't sound circular at all.

"People disagreeing with me just proves that I'm right", no way that standard can be abused, no sir

And you're still completely wrong about eugenics having an influence on modern day African Americans

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

gfsincere posted:

The only thing that is repulsive to the majority of society is that they went from dog whistles to bullhorns. The majority of white people dont mind the dog whistles, hence why they exist to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVhMt26F7gA

Truly, white people are the reason black culture has suffered.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

nutranurse posted:

I'm black. I'm sorry but you cannot come here talking about the genetic and physical superiority of black people, treat them like some separate, superior sub-species and then decry people for calling out your crazy.

A black immigrant even!

But thank you NN, as always.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Drudge is pushing the "she's dying" angle again. I know this has permeated the "talk" parts of Fox News programming, but has it made any headway on their "real news" shows?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

gradenko_2000 posted:

Because people keep thinking of jobs in terms of what it's worth in the social stratum, and not "if you can't feed yourself, clothe yourself, and house yourself on what you make off this job, why work at all?"

This is extremely true. People don't think about any job in terms of how difficult it is or what kind of wage would be fair. It's all just pure social stratification: fast food or retail jobs are "low work" deemed suitable for the very young or very old so anybody outside those groups in said jobs must be deficient and deserves punishment of low wages to motivate them into something better. The idea that the person might not have "something better' as a feasible option or requires money to live on right this second doesn't occur to most until they've been on the receiving end. Large businesses don't want this corrected since exploiting their employees and relying on welfare to keep the workers just barely afloat keeps their prices low and bottom line looking good to investors. Worse, places like that are a stain on your resume which can keep you out of decent work despite your qualifications. It pisses me off to no end.

On an unrelated not, eugenics is junk science at best.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

nutranurse posted:

Unsurprisingly gfsincere is hiding from this post so he can jump on obvious amergin trolls.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
gfsincere is that shadow ops military asset who gets regular check ups from MiB handlers to ensure he's using his powers for good and had his account gifted to him by goons who were in awe of him, right? I wouldn't make him mad guys.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I bet you guys are going to still be arguing this on election day causing you to forget to voting giving Trump the presidency.

Way to go, USPol.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Periodiko posted:

Eugenics has never been successfully implemented on a scale that would have a meaningful impact (positive or negative), and has had historically very little or no basis in what we would today recognize as "sound science".

Actively and intentionally you are 100% correctly

But yeah. In America especially, you really don't think that at least passively that poo poo happened over the centuries? Even if it wasn't intentional.

They had to survive crossing the ocean chained in a boat, they were bought and sold like cattle, for their strength and ability to do manual labor. Had to do manual labor in the field grueling hours while getting fed the bare minimum to survive. Those who survived to breed throughout the generations are probably going to have really really good physical traits.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 22, 2016

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Eifert Posting posted:

I work in recruiting and you are categorically wrong.

Yeah, as I've been reading the posts about résumés I wonder how many of the folks making bold proclamations are actually in a position to be involved with interviews and hiring, let alone actually deciding who gets hired.

Especially "I'd rather hire someone who paid for their own education." That one says more about the parents than the person. What's a kid supposed to do, say "no I will not permit you to pay for my education"? Not to mention folks who worked hard enough in high school to earn a free ride.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

nutranurse posted:

Explain to me when that happened? Or did I in a paraphrased manner explained that when you send a people to the gym for 400+ years where only the strong survive and then one of they only outs from the crushing poverty you put them under is related to the same physical labor they had to sustain for generations, surprise, we might be better.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dexo posted:

Actively and intentionally you are 100% correctly

But yeah. In America especially, you really don't think that at least passively that poo poo happened over the centuries? Even if it wasn't intentional.

They had to survive crossing the ocean chained in a boat, they were bought and sold like cattle, for their strength and ability to do manual labor. Had to do manual labor in the field grueling hours while getting fed the bare minimum to survive. Those who survived to breed are probably going to have really really good physical traits.

It's almost like an actual scholarly article that acknowledges all those arguments but says they are dominated by other factors was posted in this very thread

edit: "it seems to make sense to my mental model, therefore it's true" is what the :biotruths: emote was created for. Don't just put forth something that sounds sensible, show it backed up by scholarship

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
In news that might actually unite this thread (other than Amergin) in another round of Arzying, if voter registrations are any guide, those likely voter screens might be giving Hillary a boost.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Goatman Sacks posted:

Drudge is pushing the "she's dying" angle again. I know this has permeated the "talk" parts of Fox News programming, but has it made any headway on their "real news" shows?
Can't wait for them to go full alternate universe and pretend that Hillary is actually dead. Who's the body double taking the oath of office? :tinfoil:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

gfsincere posted:

Explain to me when that happened? Or did I in a paraphrased manner explained that when you send a people to the gym for 400+ years where only the strong survive and then one of they only outs from the crushing poverty you put them under is related to the same physical labor they had to sustain for generations, surprise, we might be better.

You can't send a people to the gym? If that were true wouldn't the PRK basically have people built like the Mountain?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I don't know guys, I think I'll probably vote for Hillary!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

theflyingorc posted:

It's almost like an actual scholarly article that acknowledges all those arguments but says they are dominated by other factors was posted in this very thread

I must have missed it apologies, can you link it?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gfsincere posted:

But the actual genetic science disproves your common sense theory

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

gfsincere posted:

gfsincere posted:

Literally American sports and the Olympics shows it to be the case. When you breed a people for physical strength and attributes and make them more valuable (by the way hasn't stopped, because black people are only valued by white people by our ability to entertain them), surprise, they might be more physically capable on average, even with living in food deserts and suboptimal everything across the board.

Genetics don't take as readily as you seem to think.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if there was any sort of eugenic side-effect from plantation slavery it would be far more pronounced in the caribbean / south america where the predominant crop was sugar, which was far more taxing and dangerous than growing cotton

working in cotton fields is hard labor that sucks really bad but it's not quite drop-dead hard, so if we accept this argument that african-americans are genetically superior then it logically follows that afro-carib and afro-brazilian subtypes would be even more superior because they endured even more grueling labor

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

A black immigrant even!

But thank you NN, as always.

An African immigrants word on black society in America is about as useful as a penny with a hole in it. A lot of black people don't really gently caress with Africans like that, because they have bought into the narrative who're people have put out about black people in America (lazy, stupid, violent, etc).

But good job on thinking the 2 wildly separate groups are one and the same.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amergin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVhMt26F7gA

Truly, white people are the reason black culture has suffered.

Are you retarded?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dexo posted:

I must have missed it apologies, can you link it?

zoux posted:

The "breeding slaves to create better, stronger people" didn't happen.

Pretty much all the athletic differences between races is more dependent on social factors than any kind of racial superiority. People used to think that black people were poor swimmers because they had denser bones or something; it was because they had much less access to swimming facilities due to racism and economics.

You'll notice that the author in no way attempts to sweep the horrors of slavery under the rug (he offers "rape of slaves" as one of the points against the theory). I definitely understand the desire to be on the lookout for whitewashing when talking about black issues, but that's not what's happening here. It's more "genetics doesn't work like that".

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 22, 2016

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gfsincere posted:

An African immigrants word on black society in America is about as useful as a penny with a hole in it. A lot of black people don't really gently caress with Africans like that, because they have bought into the narrative who're people have put out about black people in America (lazy, stupid, violent, etc).

But good job on thinking the 2 wildly separate groups are one and the same.

Lol literally using a "no true blacksman" argument when someone disagrees with you about eugenics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
nevermind

• Locked thread