Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Also does this mean descendants of house slaves got different magic powers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
What the hell is going on in here :catstare:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Do you, gfsincere, think that african american immigrants from both the caribbean and the entire continent of africa are brainwashed into believing a white american created anti-african-american narrative? Do you not think that they have personal agency, and brains, and are able to distinguish fact from fiction?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

gfsincere posted:

When did I express that eugenics was good? I said that white people during slavery inadvertently practiced eugenics through the fact that slavery was the survival of the fittest. Like, how is this argument even being confused for something else?

Oh I know, because white people dont like confronting the fact that slavery was brutal and millions of slaves died during it, and even discussing it makes them uncomfortable, so gotta find a way to make the black guy look crazy.

Dude, no one's trying to make you look crazy. Please take a step back. You are justified in your anger, but cmon we weren't bred like cattle, although I wouldn't be surprised is no slave owners ever tried, and pushing this fallacy just overshadows all the horrific atrocities that were actually done to us.

In good news, I'd like to report that black women are most educated group in the US. Black girl magic is real ☺

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/black-women-become-most-educated-group-in-us-a7063361.html

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

nutranurse posted:

You sound even stupider for honestly claiming that being a Jamaican immigrant means I have lived in some kind of island utterly bereft of contact with AfAms. Do you think when we immigrated to here we were in some gated Jamaican community? No. It was loving anacostia dc.

Whatever deep-seeded divisions you feel are there between AfAm and Black Immigrant communities is largely being erased by the sheer amount of shared oppression that's being brought to light. Black kids of our generation are far more united by movements like BLM and the internet making it real easy to see how little divides us. But no, go on, preach the gospel of divide and conquer.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Geostomp posted:

This is extremely true. People don't think about any job in terms of how difficult it is or what kind of wage would be fair. It's all just pure social stratification: fast food or retail jobs are "low work" deemed suitable for the very young or very old so anybody outside those groups in said jobs must be deficient and deserves punishment of low wages to motivate them into something better. The idea that the person might not have "something better' as a feasible option or requires money to live on right this second doesn't occur to most until they've been on the receiving end. Large businesses don't want this corrected since exploiting their employees and relying on welfare to keep the workers just barely afloat keeps their prices low and bottom line looking good to investors. Worse, places like that are a stain on your resume which can keep you out of decent work despite your qualifications. It pisses me off to no end.

Yup, and the people who do the initial screening (ie me), and hear why you had to work at Taco Bell after a massive layoff, get to perform two or three hours of labor to present you in the best possible light to a hiring manager whose last workplace transition was 15 years ago. That guy takes four seconds to say "lol no" and then harranges the poor schmuck on why he can't find anyone for the job.

No I'm not at all bitter.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

gfsincere posted:

You should learn more about the diaspora before you engage me on this.

You telling anyone they should learn more about a topic is laughable.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

nutranurse posted:

You sound even stupider for honestly claiming that being a Jamaican immigrant means I have lived in some kind of island utterly bereft of contact with AfAms. Do you think when we immigrated to here we were in some gated Jamaican community? No. It was loving anacostia dc.

Oh my bad, I didn't know Jamacians didn't have enclaves. I guess that's why I can't understand half the conversations walking down Fulton St in Bed Stuy.

You're an immigrant. You don't have the same history as someone who traces back to American slavery, just like neither of us have the same history as a Senegalese who traces back to French colonization and slavery, and for any of us to try to speak on the history and situations of the others is retarded.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FactsAreUseless posted:

What the gently caress is this argument

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

gfsincere posted:

Oh my bad, I didn't know Jamacians didn't have enclaves. I guess that's why I can't understand half the conversations walking down Fulton St in Bed Stuy.

You're an immigrant. You don't have the same history as someone who traces back to American slavery, just like neither of us have the same history as a Senegalese who traces back to French colonization and slavery, and for any of us to try to speak on the history and situations of the others is retarded.

Just because you don't understand patois doesn't mean a whole culture is impenetrable nor does it mean that community doesn't reach out to like-minded ones around it. Perhaps if you interacted with us rather than scamper away like some scared white person who blundered into the 'wrong part of the city' you would see this.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

gfsincere posted:

NIXON: Jesus Christ.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

Because you say things that directly contradict other things you say. Bolding mine above and below, just for one example.

And keep arguing about genetics.

Edit- you also don't understand that "good" science doesn't mean "moral" science.

Go gently caress yourself for one, because I never conflated good and moral, but good job outing yourself as a dude who definitely has a sheet with eyeholes in it in his closet.

Secondly, bigger and stronger slaves were more valuable. This is historically factual. You really don't think slave owners who treated people like cattle or horses also didn't try to breed them like it?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

gfsincere posted:

It seems the racist one... as you!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
African Americans get +2 Str and -1 Chr but Jamacains trade that off for +1 Str, Water Breathing, and the Chr penalty is negated if you take Class Affinity: Bard

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

gfsincere posted:

Secondly, bigger and stronger slaves were more valuable. This is historically factual. You really don't think slave owners who treated people like cattle or horses also didn't try to breed them like it?
It doesn't matter what we "think". It matters that biologists and geneticists are telling you that it doesn't work that way

edit: It didn't just have to happen. It had to happen across the board, consistently, and with nearly 100% success at controlling the breeding patterns of the slaves. One slave gets pregnant by the wrong other slave? Welp there went your plan for breeding and there's nothing you can do about it

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 22, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

gfsincere posted:

This is historically factual. You really don't think slave owners who treated people like cattle or horses also didn't try to breed them like it?

Post the proof.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

When did I express that eugenics was good? I said that white people during slavery inadvertently practiced eugenics through the fact that slavery was the survival of the fittest. Like, how is this argument even being confused for something else?

Oh I know, because white people dont like confronting the fact that slavery was brutal and millions of slaves died during it, and even discussing it makes them uncomfortable, so gotta find a way to make the black guy look crazy.

Do inherent differences among black and white people (or any race for that matter) determine cultural or individual achievement?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gfsincere posted:

Go gently caress yourself for one, because I never conflated good and moral, but good job outing yourself as a dude who definitely has a sheet with eyeholes in it in his closet.

Yeah but as everyone keeps telling you, that's not how genetics works.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

gfsincere posted:

But nah, I'm an immigrant. I can't possibly understand AfAm experience at all, no matter how much education I've gotten in that field nor experiences I've had at the hands of oppressors who don't give af about the differences btween AfAm and Black Immigrant. Totally left in the dark here.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

No, you confused them:

ImpAtom posted:

Because you're the one arguing in favor of eugenics as good science. This is not talking your words out of context.

gfsincere posted:

I love being called a white supremecist because you can't tell what words mean.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 22, 2016

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

gfsincere posted:

You really don't think slave owners who treated people like cattle or horses also didn't try to breed them like it?

Dude, this is like the only point that the majority of people here are trying to argue with you about and it has been repeatedly shown to not be the case, at least to a great enough extent to be meaningful either then or now.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Rollofthedice posted:

Do you, gfsincere, think that african american immigrants from both the caribbean and the entire continent of africa are brainwashed into believing a white american created anti-african-american narrative? Do you not think that they have personal agency, and brains, and are able to distinguish fact from fiction?

I've met far too many African immigrants that came post CRA that truly believe that the only reason there are black ghettos is because black Americans are lazy and dumb. I had to punch a dude in the face in the Marines from the Congo that truly believed that to be fact.

There is so much anti-black propaganda put out by white America to the rest of the world that it's insane, and you don't really notice it until you leave this country and see that black Americans are only portrayed one way.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

Post the proof.

Even the forced breeding of slaves by slaveowners which totally happened doesn't equate to the genetic shift being claimed.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

gfsincere posted:

Even if they did that, the constant stream of new slaves from Africa, as well as slave owner rape, would have undone anything they attempted. 13 generations is not long enough to have done much, especially in such a chaotic and uncontrolled environment.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I thought gfsincere's name sounded familiar and then remembered he was the lunatic full-throatedly arguing for regular IQ citizenship tests and RaHoWa a few months back.

Fortunately for all of us, one schizophrenic computer janitor with a chip on his shoulder does not a racial community make.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Eugenics is unscientific.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Even the forced breeding of slaves by slaveowners which totally happened doesn't equate to the genetic shift being claimed.

Seriously. Yes it happened but that's not going to produce any measurable change in the population. And there's no evidence that it did.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

sarmhan posted:

Seriously. Yes it happened but that's not going to produce any measurable change in the population. And there's no evidence that it did.

Racist! at this point there's no recourse left but to strawman the idiot as he strawman's me

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

most slaves chose who they bred with (well, the men did at least) and less-strong slaves weren't culled or discarded, they were just tasked with less demanding labor such as domestic work, cooking, tending animals, processing crops, etc. it's not like only strong slaves were allowed to breed or that a slave's price equated to genetic fitness rather than profitability - slaves with particular skills commanded more money, like smiths

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

gfsincere posted:

I had to punch a dude in the face

:stare: I don't know much about the context based on what you posted, but maybe you should really look into getting some help for your own sake.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

We deserve President Trump.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah that's what I'm asking for: post proof that his claim is supported by literally any science.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

gfsincere posted:

I've met far too many African immigrants that came post CRA that truly believe that the only reason there are black ghettos is because black Americans are lazy and dumb. I had to punch a dude in the face in the Marines from the Congo that truly believed that to be fact.

There is so much anti-black propaganda put out by white America to the rest of the world that it's insane, and you don't really notice it until you leave this country and see that black Americans are only portrayed one way.

You're right in that I can't speak to the opinions of people in Europe, or Africa, or Asia, regarding African-Americans. I also don't place much value in anecdotes.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

nutranurse posted:

But nah, I'm an immigrant. I can't possibly understand AfAm experience at all, no matter how much education I've gotten in that field nor experiences I've had at the hands of oppressors who don't give af about the differences btween AfAm and Black Immigrant. Totally left in the dark here.

Personal experience =\= historical experience. Yes, you and I can bond on an individual level about our personal experiences with white America (which I just bought a house in Atlanta, come on through to the housewarming), but you lack the historical experience, like growing up in the house with a grandmother who couldn't vote until her mid 20s, or a grandfather who had dogs and hoses put on him in the south. You didn't grow up with that.

That's what I mean about the difference. It's the same as black kids in the hood not really having experience with Africans and thinking they all live in huts due to white propaganda about Africa, which I still run across black people that truly believe that's how all of the African continent is.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

The Redguards, formerly known as the Yokudans, are a race of humans who hail from the lost continent of Yokuda and now reside primarily in the province of Hammerfell. Their name is derived from the corruption of the native Yokudan term "Ra Gada," which (translated loosely) means "warrior wave." Due to their swift and decisive conquest of Hammerfell, the Redguards are renowned as arguably the most fierce, versatile and naturally gifted warriors in all of Tamriel. Their ferocity and versatility is also manifested in their personality, which lends itself to why they are most effective as scouts and in small units as opposed to being deployed as rank and file soldiers.

The Redguard's innate agility and prolific level of endurance allows them to excel in any activity that demands sustained effort, most notably combat. They are likewise blessed with a very hardy constitution that allows them to resist poison and disease.

The Redguards skin tone can range from light brown to black and their hair texture ranges from thick and wavy to tightly curled and wiry. Redguards are also largely average in height, well muscled and sturdy, much like the Nords and the Orcs.

Don't make me bring up Sermon 14. This thread is hosed up enough already.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah but as everyone keeps telling you, that's not how genetics works.

It's such a weird argument to even make. I guess he doesn't understand that Lamarck was wrong. He also seems to think that the average slave owner had the knowledge to be able to selectively breed humans for a task which I'm pretty dubious about myself.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

(which I just bought a house in Atlanta, come on through to the housewarming),

itp or otp?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

gfsincere posted:

Personal experience =\= historical experience. Yes, you and I can bond on an individual level about our personal experiences with white America (which I just bought a house in Atlanta, come on through to the housewarming), but you lack the historical experience, like growing up in the house with a grandmother who couldn't vote until her mid 20s, or a grandfather who had dogs and hoses put on him in the south. You didn't grow up with that.

That's what I mean about the difference. It's the same as black kids in the hood not really having experience with Africans and thinking they all live in huts due to white propaganda about Africa, which I still run across black people that truly believe that's how all of the African continent is.

Can we stop now? If you want to keep discussing this, it really needs it own thread, this is kind of far off the beaten path of USPOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Oxxidation posted:

I thought gfsincere's name sounded familiar and then remembered he was the lunatic full-throatedly arguing for regular IQ citizenship tests and RaHoWa a few months back.

Fortunately for all of us, one schizophrenic computer janitor with a chip on his shoulder does not a racial community make.

First off, I said the former as a joke, and the latter is a bullshit racist strawman you just made the gently caress up because I said I understood how a black person could be so sick of white supremacy and the agents of it (the police) that they would carry out violence against them.

• Locked thread