Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

sean10mm posted:

Franklin owned a couple slaves early in his life (to work at his newspaper, I think?) but later became a full-on abolitionist and petitioned congress to abolish slavery before he died.
Oh, ok. I must've forgotten that.

quote:

Alexander Hamilton was also an abolitionist.
Hamilton had a more "nuanced" view of slavery than that.

http://www.varsitytutors.com/earlyamerica/early-america-review/volume-15/hamilton-and-slavery

Needless to say there were a lot of dimensions to his abolitionism, and him owning slaves, being involved in the selling of slaves, marrying into a slaveholding family, etc. paints a clear distinction between him and someone like John Adams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

SquadronROE posted:

poo poo! I looked at 538 and extrapolated.

You forgot to project Johnson's 180% lead

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

nutranurse posted:

Oh yeah all those black women embracing their blackness too must be poo poo Sellouts Do.

Real Blacks only live in fear of whites and white opinions.

Who said anything about fear? You don't discuss certain poo poo in front of white people because they love to run and twist the poo poo into some racist dumb poo poo, like what has literally happened in this thread. Ain't no way anyone from the civil rights era ever even spoke to you if you don't know this poo poo. You're just a fraud, truly and honestly, based on the poo poo you've said so far. I don't believe you're black in the least bit when you have FYAD trolls who repeatedly post racist poo poo agreeing with you.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

nutranurse posted:

No dude, it's a bunch of white people agreeing with me that you're batshit for saying black people are genetically stronger physical specimnes.

This whole lived black experience thing is between you and me. You've yet to do much beyond hold tightly to the same type of lived experience that I have gone through while loudly claiming, no, it's so special and unique and impossible to understand.

And whoa, wow, gently caress you dude, I'd never call my white friends 'nigga'. poo poo they're not even allowed to think the word.

What's crazy is he's ignoring all the other black folks here who are telling him he's wrong. I guess we're all white too wtf

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

This is incredible.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When I heard that Colin Powell said this weekend that Hillary was trying to pin this all on here, I was confused how it wasn't everywhere this morning.

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/767797302425686016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

gfsincere posted:

It's neat how dumb you are.

I might be dumb, but from time to time I ask myself "is there a chance that I'm being the rear end in a top hat here", you should try it sometime.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey 300 new posts in an hour did Trump say something stupid again?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

Who said anything about fear? You don't discuss certain poo poo in front of white people because they love to run and twist the poo poo into some racist dumb poo poo, like what has literally happened in this thread.

Sounds like you are afraid of white people "run and twist the poo poo into some racist dumb poo poo"

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

gfsincere posted:

poo poo sellouts say, Vol. 1

This is part of it, man! There are black sellouts, but we get down to the idea that anyone who manages to luck it to middle class is a sellout, and then they end up thinking they're better because they're "one of the good ones", and we end up sabotaging ourselves through infighting.

AlouetteNR
Jun 6, 2011

Dexo posted:

Nope, He was poor as poo poo growing up, but still wasn't seen as a black dude. which is why ignoring how society as a whole treats someone and only looking at internal squabbles is dumb.

I meaaaaaaaan if you want to we can talk about how Eminem got so super successful because he was a white dude in rap. Not to say Em wasn't talented as poo poo, but even he would admit that being white helped a bunch

I know, I just think his argument of 'if you didn't grow up in a specific way, you aren't black' is insane and was poking fun at it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

gfsincere posted:

Who said anything about fear? You don't discuss certain poo poo in front of white people because they love to run and twist the poo poo into some racist dumb poo poo, like what has literally happened in this thread. Ain't no way anyone from the civil rights era ever even spoke to you if you don't know this poo poo. You're just a fraud, truly and honestly, based on the poo poo you've said so far. I don't believe you're black in the least bit when you have FYAD trolls who repeatedly post racist poo poo agreeing with you.

:yikes:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Koalas March posted:

What's crazy is he's ignoring all the other black folks here who are telling him he's wrong. I guess we're all white too wtf

gfsincere posted:

He does think you're all white too

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gfsincere posted:

Yup, literally anyone who disagrees with you can't be black.

Let me guess at this point even a Jamaican birth certificate won't convince you, would it?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The FF's were largely racist, sexist assholes who we absolutely give too much credit to and idolize way, way too much.

:agreed:

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

I might be dumb, but from time to time I ask myself "is there a chance that I'm being the rear end in a top hat here", you should try it sometime.

Luckily for me, that when a bunch of white people think they are right about a historical event they wont apologize for, let alone openly acknowledge the effects of in any tangible way, them disagreeing with me doesn't away me at all, nor does a supposed Jamaican immigrant who parrots their position sway me either.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

gfsincere posted:

I don't believe you're black in the least bit when you have FYAD trolls who repeatedly post racist poo poo agreeing with you.

Another FYAD False Flag OP to distract us from the real issues!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Wow for someone who posts about strawmen incessantly you sure build a lot of massive strawmen.

Also I'm dying at "supposed Jamaican immigrant"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

gfsincere posted:

Luckily for me, that when a bunch of white people think they are right about a historical event they wont apologize for, let alone openly acknowledge the effects of in any tangible way, them disagreeing with me doesn't away me at all, nor does a supposed Jamaican immigrant who parrots their position sway me either.

Slavery was wrong, and evil, and horrific, and deeply shameful, and had no effect on modern Black Americans fitness for sports
edit: Again, I believed the opposite literally one week ago, but the scientific evidence says no, so I changed my mind

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/767798882273222656

This one has a mega twist surprise though

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

No one is disagreeing with you about history, it's about science. Moron.

theflyingorc posted:

Slavery was wrong, and evil, and horrific, and deeply shameful, and had no effect on modern Black Americans fitness for sports

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gfsincere posted:

You can keep peddling your racist anti-science views about eugenics and we'll keep saying that slavery was horrific but not a selective breeding program.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

gfsincere posted:

Nah, I'll discuss anything in front of the caucasians because who cares, Shocking! Black people have wildly differing thoughts and opinions on things and anything that shows they hey there isn't one true black opinion or experience is fine and good.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

foobardog posted:

This is part of it, man! There are black sellouts, but we get down to the idea that anyone who manages to luck it to middle class is a sellout, and then they end up thinking they're better because they're "one of the good ones", and we end up sabotaging ourselves through infighting.

I'm in the middle class though (well maybe not depending on the various ways I've seen the scale judged by), and tbf, there are those who do make it out the hood and forget where they came from and be on some "gently caress everyone back in the hood, they didn't want to use theirs BOOTSTRAPS!" nonsense.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

gfsincere posted:

If you're gonna concern troll over an Amerigin post then

gfsincere posted:

gently caress outta here.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

"do white people disagree with this" is really not a good standard for the quality of epigenetic arguments

this is also how i buy used cars, "hm, does this toyota yaris piss off white people enough to be worth the financing?"

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

theflyingorc posted:

edit: Again, I believed the opposite literally one week ago, but the scientific evidence says no, so I changed my mind

It's okay to change your mind when presented with evidence, gfsincere

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Slavery was wrong, and evil, and horrific, and deeply shameful, and had no genetic effect on modern Black Americans fitness for sports

Ftfy because that's how dumb this argument really is.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Yeah, he was speeding. Totally deserved it.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

gfsincere posted:

From being around here for a while, I can tell you that Nutranurse has been in the same place as you are right now, the black person with some degree of righteous anger that is nigh impossible to explain among many white people going too far and beginning to lash out. I've been there, too.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

Nah, I'll discuss anything in front of the caucasians because who cares, Shocking! Black people have wildly differing thoughts and opinions on things and anything that shows they hey there isn't one true black opinion or experience is fine and good.

Nah, I'm not a fan of trying to call out other black people in front of mixed company. Y'all can keep that poo poo if you feel it works for you.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

well the sign language for 'gun' is making a gun with your fingers, so

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Goatman Sacks posted:

Oh hey 300 new posts in an hour did Trump say something stupid again?

No. gfsincere is doing his best to prove that intelligence was not a preferred breeding trait in the antibellum south.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

"do white people disagree with this" is really not a good standard for the quality epigenetic arguments

this is also how i buy used cars, "hm, does this toyota yaris piss off white people enough to be worth the financing?"

This is a really lovely equivalence argument and you should sit down and think about all the ways this is dumb and bad.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Trabisnikof posted:

Ftfy because that's how dumb this argument really is.

No problem, that's what I meant. The social aftereffects of slavery permeate everything

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

radical meme posted:

No. gfsincere is doing his best to prove that intelligence was not a preferred breeding trait in the antibellum south.

:vince:

gfsincere posted:

This is a really lovely equivalence argument and you should sit down and think about all the ways this is dumb and bad.

You first.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

theflyingorc posted:

I remember growing up in Kentucky hearing white folk (like me!) complain about how black people were bred for sports and that young white teens just couldn't keep pace with those blacks (I do not agree with this part!).

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

radical meme posted:

Except none of my family is from the south, so both a dumb and inaccurate attempt at a sick burn, fuckface.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

you're basically saying that a bunch of people who are pointing out that your genetic argument is flawed can be ignored because they're white people who are mad

this is, uh, not a good way to learn about the world

"when a bunch of white people think they are right about a historical event they wont apologize for, let alone openly acknowledge the effects of in any tangible way, them disagreeing with me doesn't away me at all"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

gfsincere posted:

Except none of my family is from the south, so both a dumb and inaccurate attempt at a sick burn, fuckface.

What are you trying to prove? Because all you've done is rail against everyone for pages at this point.

• Locked thread