Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Weatherman posted:

If you took a knife
and CUT INTO
your child,,

removed their appendix,

and then sewed them
back together
with a needle and thraed

you would be ARRESTED and sent to JAIL
for child endangerment and abuse

Then WHY is it legal for DOCTOR to do it??

Re-Think Surgery

Y... hmm. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Tomtrek posted:

All from the same person:

[X] "Hiter Was Right"
[X] Chemtrails
[X] Holocaust denier
[X] 9/11 Truther
[X] Anti-vaxxer
[X] Rothschilds
[X] Trump supporter
[X] Homophobe
[X] Transphobe
[X] Anti Semite

Assuming you were friends during the Bundy or Oregon Wildlife standoff, what were his opinions on that? And how do they compare to his opinions that he most certainly has on BLM?

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Nah. You don't need feminism because you think you're working the current program pretty well. Be careful who you marry sweetie.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

bless

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Pretty good has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Feb 27, 2018

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

sinking belle posted:

That "let's send this person to a place with sharia law with no bodyguards" thing... I live in a country with sharia courts and hudud in some places but that entire judicial system is only applicable if you're Muslim so it isn't even a thing that exists to me.

How do the people who find sharia scary reconcile that with their fear of Islam in general? Like, aside from cases like Saudi where it's incorporated into the country's secular legal system – which is an issue of separation of church and state, and not Islam – the entire point is that it isn't concerned with people outside of the faith, and for some reason I get the feeling they aren't super concerned with the welfare/freedom of Muslims. Like, where's all the corresponding outrage about Jewish courts of arbitration operating in the west?

I know the answer is bigotry and eco_urfascism.txt

They know absolutely nothing about Islam. Which is why myths like the 72 virgins or pork being Muslim kryptonite also get perpetuated.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Saving this for a rainy day.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

sinking belle posted:

That "let's send this person to a place with sharia law with no bodyguards" thing... I live in a country with sharia courts and hudud in some places but that entire judicial system is only applicable if you're Muslim so it isn't even a thing that exists to me.

How do the people who find sharia scary reconcile that with their fear of Islam in general? Like, aside from cases like Saudi where it's incorporated into the country's secular legal system – which is an issue of separation of church and state, and not Islam – the entire point is that it isn't concerned with people outside of the faith, and for some reason I get the feeling they aren't super concerned with the welfare/freedom of Muslims. Like, where's all the corresponding outrage about Jewish courts of arbitration operating in the west?

I know the answer is bigotry and eco_urfascism.txt

Because they don't actually know the difference between sharia and fundamentalist Islamist theocracy. They just heard that sharia is Islamic law and panicked because scary brown people.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Because they don't actually know the difference between sharia and fundamentalist Islamist theocracy. They just heard that sharia is Islamic law and panicked because scary brown people.

This is absolutely it. I can't remember the exact definition of Sharia Law but it's certainly not an actual justice system.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah you tell em!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yeah you tell em!

Conservative click bait. Truly, our species deserve annihilation.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just wanna remind people that if Imgur is a freshly bought garbage can then Funnyjunk is just a garbage can that's been pissed and poo poo on for 3 decades.

http://funnyjunk.com/Based+black+cop+at+it+again/funny-pictures/6008023/

quote:

The civil war wasn't about slavery, it was about state's rights.
The emancipation proclamation was used as a political maneuver to sabotage the already weak economy of the south.
You ig'nant.

quote:

I think what he's saying is that black people survived it and came out of it better.
Now, they're being held back by a system that's trying to be too progressive and it's hurting them.

quote:

When he says they've overcome slavery, for example, black people did fight against slavery. They worked hard and some managed to escape on things like the underground railroad. And after, they didn't whine or complain, they got to work and acted like free citizens.
With liberalism, however, he's saying that black people are being held down by it and aren't actually given a fair shot because of the whole "dindu nuffin" system. Also, with things like BLM and affirmative action, black people aren't held accountable for their actions.
TL;DR: Liberals aren't making blacks equal and he's saying Republicans will treat everyone the same.

^ My hot take.

http://funnyjunk.com/Malunow+wistyteyte+cavnyemys/funny-pictures/6008051/

quote:

He's absolutely right it's just a bunch of spoiled brats confusing inconvenience for racism. The majority of them in the movement don't even understand what racism is besides from history class possibly. Just because you don't like how someone is treating you doesn't mean you are being oppressed sometimes it just means you are being an rear end in a top hat.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Intoluene posted:

This is absolutely it. I can't remember the exact definition of Sharia Law but it's certainly not an actual justice system.

It's funny how the same people terrified of Sharia are also comtemptuous of secularism and just want to enact their own Americhrist brand sharia.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So Reddit has a subreddit on "dimensional jumping". I feel like this picture tells you all you need to know.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't know how Reddit works. Is that a subreddit of whatever drug forum they have?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I don't know how Reddit works. Is that a subreddit of whatever drug forum they have?

You can make a subreddit (basically like a new board on a forum) for literally anything you want. This one is all about "dimension jumping" by crossing your eyes at a mirror while really sleepy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not schizophrenic? Try this one weird trick

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

just switch places with and gently caress over an alternate version of yourself. who gives a poo poo, it's all about you.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Man is there anything sadder than uncreative crazy people? "With the ability to jump between infinite alternate universes, I shall, uh... switch places with a version of myself that has more money and is otherwise exactly the same! Yeah, that's what I wanna do."

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kajeesus posted:

Man is there anything sadder than uncreative crazy people? "With the ability to jump between infinite alternate universes, I shall, uh... switch places with a version of myself that has more money and is otherwise exactly the same! Yeah, that's what I wanna do."

that's because if you tried anything more creative it would immediately become obvious it doesn't work

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Data Graham posted:

Not schizophrenic? Try this one weird trick

After I finish smoking this bowl. :2bong:

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Intoluene posted:

I just filled my bingo card with one post. My honest guess is that the dude is a paranoid schizophrenic.

I am actually paranoid schizophrenic and this guy sounds a lot like what I sounded like before medicine. Not the same subjects but the utter callousness and fervor with which he defends his arguments is terrifyingly familiar to me. I've probably deleted more Facebook posts than most people have MADE.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

chitoryu12 posted:

So Reddit has a subreddit on "dimensional jumping". I feel like this picture tells you all you need to know.

If you go through the mirror, just be careful not to leave the room because there's no map data there; you'll just fall into the void.

This can be prevented by activating the no clip mode.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

chitoryu12 posted:

Thanks for the Stranger Things spoilers, rear end in a top hat.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Simsmagic posted:

just switch places with and gently caress over an alternate version of yourself. who gives a poo poo, it's all about you.

They never think about the Them in a hell dimension that believes the basement-dwelling sad brains life You have is super great because You're not getting dipped in hot lava every five minutes so They shift into You as an upgrade.

The Shift that gives You the Shaft.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Intoluene posted:

I just filled my bingo card with one post. My honest guess is that the dude is a paranoid schizophrenic.

Is there an actual bingo card for this?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
The real bingo card was the idiots we mocked along the way.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I literally think a method like this is used in (cognitive science) labs to create the experience of depersonalization so it can be studied. It's some kind of mirror trick that you look into.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I love how dumb that is. I want someone to make one for the height of the Roman Empire, and the Mongols. Since those count too.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

What the hell does it even mean? I assumed something Olympics, but can't find a correlation.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

What the hell does it even mean? I assumed something Olympics, but can't find a correlation.

Medals won by countries that used to be a part of the British Empire.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ensign Expendable posted:

So he wants to take credit for nations who's most significant accomplishment is kicking the British out... makes sense

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Ensign Expendable posted:

Oh great, are those pricks back again? Be right back, have to go buy some tea.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

This could almost make sense if she used the commonwealth but then it wouldn't be first.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The Re: Re: Re: Re: Fw: Fw: Fw: is coming from inside the government.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The people at league that didn't go to Gencon or have someone buy a ship for them are chomping at the bit. We're all cool with loaning ships at least.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The people at league that didn't go to Gencon or have someone buy a ship for them are chomping at the bit. We're all cool with loaning ships at least.

Wrong thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

TokenTrevor posted:

I am actually paranoid schizophrenic and this guy sounds a lot like what I sounded like before medicine. Not the same subjects but the utter callousness and fervor with which he defends his arguments is terrifyingly familiar to me. I've probably deleted more Facebook posts than most people have MADE.

So let's say someone I know is getting to be this way, and that someone is family. How would I confront them?