Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

WrenP-Complete posted:

I literally think a method like this is used in (cognitive science) labs to create the experience of depersonalization so it can be studied. It's some kind of mirror trick that you look into.

This is a thing but I'm drunk and I learned about it in a social psych class two years ago so no help from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

This is a thing but I'm drunk and I learned about it in a social psych class two years ago so no help from me

I am also not sober, and I remember that they had these mirror machines to look into at the lab I didn't work at that was housed in my graduate school. It may have been to make people have an out body experience. It's definitely a thing.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

I am also not sober, and I remember that they had these mirror machines to look into at the lab I didn't work at that was housed in my graduate school. It may have been to make people have an out body experience. It's definitely a thing.

They look like microfiche machines.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That's a huge-rear end expensive looking tiny cabin.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
"tiny"

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

WrenP-Complete posted:

They look like microfiche machines.

Yeah! We watched a video about them with some bald dude who used them

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
It also looks like one of those expensive, custom "rustic" houses people build in the middle of a suburb development with slightly more trees than usual so they can have their idyllic woodsy life without being more than five minutes from a mall.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Come on guys, it probably only has five bedrooms and eight bathrooms, and that's including the guest house.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

MizPiz posted:

Come on guys, it probably only has five bedrooms and eight bathrooms, and that's [b]including[/] the guest house.

Well when you put it that way

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Is there an actual bingo card for this?

The F Plus Podcast has one for the internet in general.

https://thefpl.us/also-made/bingo

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Weatherman posted:

Wrong thread?

:iiam:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

So let's say someone I know is getting to be this way, and that someone is family. How would I confront them?

I'd start by getting a professional involved. I know a frequent delusion is that the meds to help with this are a form of government mind control(at least every paranoid schizophrenic I have know had this delusion when they were off their meds). You are going to want a plan of attack that includes most, if not everyone, who cares about them, and good luck dealing with it before it gets to nightmare levels.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Picnic Princess posted:

That's a huge-rear end expensive looking tiny cabin.

It's like those people who no matter what view a truck as a "Small" vehicle no matter how high off the ground it goes.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

So let's say someone I know is getting to be this way, and that someone is family. How would I confront them?

I can for real help with this later... When we are both sober. Now though I was hoping you'd try interdimensional travel.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

WrenP-Complete posted:

I can for real help with this later... When we are both sober. Now though I was hoping you'd try interdimensional travel.

I may or may not try but right now is not the optimal time

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I may or may not try but right now is not the optimal time

You are right. It says between midnight and 3am!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Guys I am trying it and I think I am still here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Because they don't actually know the difference between sharia and fundamentalist Islamist theocracy. They just heard that sharia is Islamic law and panicked because scary brown people.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WrenP-Complete posted:

Guys I am trying it and I think I am still here.

Are you sure? Maybe this universe differs in only a single insignificant way from your home universe. Like maybe in your prior dimension America was founded on July 5th, or Libertarianism wasn't crushed in its infancy, or the turkey was America's national bird instead of the eagle.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Are you sure? Maybe this universe differs in only a single insignificant way from your home universe. Like maybe in your prior dimension America was founded on July 5th, or Libertarianism wasn't crushed in its infancy, or the turkey was America's national bird instead of the eagle.

But... The noble turkey is our national bird!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WrenP-Complete posted:

But... The noble turkey is our national bird!

Sorry, but here on Earth-Prime it's the garbage eagle.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Already stolen and posted on my wall. Much love.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

According to the map in the background, they are counting the original 13 colonies of the USA (which granted, was part of the British Empire). So does that mean they are adding in ALL the medals the USA won or just the ones by athletes that are from/live in the original colonies??? What a bizarre thing to be proud of, Heather!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

King of Foolians posted:

According to the map in the background, they are counting the original 13 colonies of the USA (which granted, was part of the British Empire). So does that mean they are adding in ALL the medals the USA won or just the ones by athletes that are from/live in the original colonies??? What a bizarre thing to be proud of, Heather!

She must be counting just athletes from the original 13, otherwise she could claim all of China for just Hong Kong. Good thing Michael Phelps was born in Maryland.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

There's not really a GOOD way. There are more and less effective ways but none are gonna make everyone happy. And everyone is different too. If you are too subtle they might take it as you being part of the conspiracy, too blunt and they might just think you are being an rear end in a top hat.
For me it took a very bad episode, trying to kill my family, and losing a very important job to get help. I don't know the best way to help others unfortunately.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Guys, am I still in my home universe I think I got the mirror thing down

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if that man is not a white supremacist I'm the lord Ahura Mazda

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Title: Also the sex change operation causes more issues than it solves

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

know what, shot in the dark that guy's probably a white supremacist too. if that was posted on imgur my chances go up another 70%

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

What is it with internet atheists and all having the same stare. It's hard to describe but all have this glare that's looking straight through my loving soul.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Nice beard curtain, Dog.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

change my name posted:

Nice beard curtain, Dog.

I didn't notice it at first and now i can't stop looking oh noooooo

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

change my name posted:

Nice beard curtain, Dog.

Disgusting

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Bad news, in this reality I am well liked and respected.

Worth a shot.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
A thought experiment: You are purchasing underwear at a store, and go to the register, and it's that guy behind the counter

How much did you shudder involuntarily upon imagining that

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Small Frozen Thing posted:

A thought experiment: You are purchasing underwear at a store, and go to the register, and it's that guy behind the counter

How much did you shudder involuntarily upon imagining that

That wasn't fun :(

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Tracula posted:

What is it with internet atheists and all having the same stare. It's hard to describe but all have this glare that's looking straight through my loving soul.

Joke's on you, they don't believe in souls.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Are you sure? How does your home universe spell "Berenstain Bears"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Are you sure? How does your home universe spell "Berenstain Bears"?

Are you talking about the bearenstein boars?