Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Libluini posted:

Die Schuld liegt hauptsächlich beim guten alten Karolus Magnus, der musste ja unbedingt Widukind besiegen. Und der endgültige Sieg über die Sachsen funktionierte erst nach dem er große Teile der Sachsen zwangsumgesiedelt hat, weg vom heutigen Niedersachsen.

(Das bedeutet natürlich, Niedersachsen ist die wahre Heimat der Sachsen und Sachsen und Sachsen-Anhalt sind das Exil. :v: )

Well the saxons had it coming though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Karl did nothing wrong

az
Dec 2, 2005

Could have finished the job but no.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Let's install a burqaverbot in this thread, maybe we can get some of the AfD posters back that way.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dude, stop that. If you say burka three times in a DnD thread, the ghost of burka discussions appears and scratches the thread's eyes out.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

waitwhatno posted:

Dude, stop that. If you say burka three times in a DnD thread, the ghost of burka discussions appears and scratches the thread's eyes out.

is that as bad a gun control chat ?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
This wouldn't have happened if the burkini had a gun.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

skipThings posted:

is that as bad a gun control chat ?

So much worse.

You can't even call that stuff a chat. Chats end.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

blowfish posted:

This wouldn't have happened if the burkini had a gun.

Burkini girls with machine guns.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
Was is eigentlich los? Erst entpuppt sich ein Facebook-Freund (und guter Freund meines Bruders) also harter Alt-Right MRA Spacko, jetzt lese ich von sovereign citizens Reichsbürgern in meiner Heimatregion:

http://www.gmuender-tagespost.de/1506921/

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Anscheinend haben Sie die Lohfink jetzt tatsächlich wegen falscher Verdächtigung verurteilt.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I have no idea who this Lohfink person is and I don't care

So, has everybody in this thread bought their hamster yet?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My parents went through a phase where they built a stock of canned and jarred goods that would last them in the neighborhood of a year, and also bought gold (on the advice of a longtime family friend (who runs a gold shop)).

Good thing is, once you realize how much overkill that is, you're gonna pay way less for groceries for quite a long time while you deplete your stocks (of course you'll have spent money on them at some point).

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Lovely Horse posted:

My parents went through a phase where they built a stock of canned and jarred goods that would last them in the neighborhood of a year, and also bought gold (on the advice of a longtime family friend (who runs a gold shop)).

Good thing is, once you realize how much overkill that is, you're gonna pay way less for groceries for quite a long time while you deplete your stocks (of course you'll have spent money on them at some point).

Did they have a solution on how to cook those jarred foods as well? Because that's something which I kinda miss in this "Build up stocks!" thing that gets pushed by the media. If stuff really goes sideways, just having normal food probably wouldn't suffice, because you shouldn't rely on power being available.

(Also, I'd probably rather trust an American government department in a tornado/earthquake/snowpocalypse state than something written by a German government department on the topic. :colbert:)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Randler posted:

(Also, I'd probably rather trust an American government department in a tornado/earthquake/snowpocalypse state than something written by a German government department on the topic. :colbert:)

Na komm schon, es ist nicht so, als wenn wir gar keine Naturkatastrophen hätten. Alle par Jahre versuchen ein paar Flüsse den Osten zu entnazifizieren.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I guess you could get a camping stove and some gas bottles. Except that most standard apartment leases explicitly forbid you from storing fuel and explosives! Do chemically heated MREs count?

If you live off ALG II, do you get some sort of extra cash to build stocks or does the Jobcenter straight up tell you you don't get to participate in the emergency program? Because as noted SPD member Thilo Sarrazin demonstrated, what you get is supposed to keep you going on a day-by-day basis (while giving you malnutrition).

If everyone permanently stores 10l of water, how many deposit bottles does that take out of circulation? They already almost ran out of beer bottles a few years back.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Randler posted:

Did they have a solution on how to cook those jarred foods as well? Because that's something which I kinda miss in this "Build up stocks!" thing that gets pushed by the media. If stuff really goes sideways, just having normal food probably wouldn't suffice, because you shouldn't rely on power being available.

Most canned foods you can just eat straight from the can. How else would university students survive?

I live in a big city, so I don't bother stockpiling anything. In case of emergency, either the government will provide for us or I'll just straight up starve/get eaten by wild dogs. If later I get my prepper dream house with chickens and a potato cellar I'll let you know how it goes.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i've managed to completely miss the whole stockpile thing, somebody wanna summarize for me?

az
Dec 2, 2005

botany posted:

i've managed to completely miss the whole stockpile thing, somebody wanna summarize for me?

we're all gonna die and you best prepare for it

-mutti angela

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

botany posted:

Civil Defense like it's Cold War II.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah but why though

its not like earthquake season is coming to germany, so why all of a sudden the doomsday prepping? maybe merkel finally got around to reading The Road and now she wants us all to cosplay

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

botany posted:

yeah but why though

its not like earthquake season is coming to germany, so why all of a sudden the doomsday prepping? maybe merkel finally got around to reading The Road and now she wants us all to cosplay

The underlying study was commissioned a while back so maybe because there's now a bear elderly raccoon in the woods again?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

botany posted:

Angie plans a huge Fallout Larp and wants you to help by building a Vault.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

e X posted:

I hear there's a big empty cavern in Gorleben that's ready for long term storage.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
this stockpile hysteria reeks of artificial inflation, people spend money but don't get any utility, suddenly they don't have any money to spend on real utility (or from another point of view the price of utility rose)!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Ich seh auf news.google.de nix, von was zum fick faselt ihr?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Ich seh auf news.google.de nix, von was zum fick faselt ihr?

http://www.n-tv.de/politik/Buerger-sollen-Vorraete-fuer-zehn-Tage-anlegen-article18468586.html

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Danke, sturm in der teetasse also, wie üblich.

quote:

2012 vom Haushaltsausschuss des Bundestages in Auftrag gegeben worden. Der Anlass: Mit der wachsenden Sorge vor Terroranschlägen seit dem 11. September 2001 habe es zwar immer wieder aktualisierte Notfallszenarien des Bundes gegeben - der Bundesrechnungshof habe jedoch ein Gesamtkonzept angemahnt. Diese sei nun ausgearbeitet worden.

Gottseidank passieren in dtl nur langweilige sachen.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

e X posted:

Bu-but the vaults were never supposed to save anyone. :ohdear:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Mithaldu posted:

Gottseidank passieren in dtl nur langweilige sachen.

We don't even have competent islamic terrorists (that's a good thing of course).

The same week day that one guy cut up some tourists on a train, some truck driver raced into a car at the back of a traffic jam, killing 4.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Sereri posted:

We don't even have competent islamic terrorists (that's a good thing of course).

The same week day that one guy cut up some tourists on a train, some truck driver raced into a car at the back of a traffic jam, killing 4.

I've recently been reading the "explosion gifs" thread in the military subforum and after watching Abu Hajaar's story, i'm convinced there are no competent terrorists. Just "lucky" ones.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Abu Hajaar didn't take the course in MG3 safety. Ever since I've seen the video I desperately want to know who taught them to dodge roll away when disengaging and why.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

az posted:

Abu Hajaar didn't take the course in MG3 safety. Ever since I've seen the video I desperately want to know who taught them to dodge roll away when disengaging and why.

I'm guessing the guy who has most hours logged in ARMA is named drill instructor and and was the one who trained them in "Operation Tumbleweed".

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I could sorta see someone hax0ring some critical and vulnerable bit of the electrical infrastructure to voice their displeasure at something or other and plunging a chunk of ze Republik into darkness. IIRC gas stations need electricity to pump gas, so no electricity = no cars pretty soon, so no daily truck to the Aldi. Stuxnet showed that you can cause physical damage to machinery if you get deep enough into the code, surely there is something that you can do to melt bits of the infrastructure to a point where the government needs a week to sort it out again and is struggling to keep food delivered in the meantime. I don't actually know anything about electricity infrastructure or hax0ring so this might be nonsense.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 23, 2016

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Randler posted:

Bu-but the vaults were never supposed to save anyone. :ohdear:

Well, the extinction of the German People and its replacement with refugees is the ultimate goal of the Merkel regime.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

I could sorta see someone hax0ring some critical and vulnerable bit of the electrical infrastructure to voice their displeasure at something or other and plunging a chunk of ze Republik into darkness. IIRC gas stations need electricity to pump gas, so no electricity = no cars pretty soon, so no daily truck to the Aldi. Stuxnet showed that you can cause physical damage to machinery if you get deep enough into the code, surely there is something that you can do to melt bits of the infrastructure to a point where the government needs a week to sort it out again and is struggling to keep food delivered in the meantime. I don't actually know anything about electricity infrastructure or hax0ring so this might be nonsense.

It's not THAT scary. A gas station(like all other critical businesses) can be run on emergency generators.

IMO it's a very good idea to be somewhat prepared for an emergency situation, because every single person who isn't on the street and trying to hysterically buy gold, 10kg of toilet paper and to fill up their Sonnenschirmständer with diesel, is a good thing. My family has a huge Keller and always keeps a couple gallons of water, candles and some emergency non-perishable food stuff like Haferflocken and buckweath there. (But I think that's because they grew up in the Soviet Union, not because they are scared of Abdul blowing up a Windrad.) I'm a typical millennial though, if push comes to shove, I'm gonna be out there fighting for gold, toilet paper and diesel like everyone else. I'm not prepared for what's coming. :negative:

Also, Germany's cybersecurity is hosed, yeah. The only thing saving us right now is that a really big attack requires a lot of money, human resources and expertise to pull off and all the big players that have all three are not interested in loving with German infrastructure at the moment.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Our cyber systems are so wide open that we basically rely on the Americans telling us if they notice anyone else hacking our poo poo while they are hacking our poo poo.

Basically everyone is always hacking our poo poo.

edit: I think hacking is the wrong word, logging in may be better. Might as well send out diplomatic user accounts to the Russians and Chinese at this point.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

aphid_licker posted:

A shitload of snow will do: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BCnsterl%C3%A4nder_Schneechaos

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Lmao I got this in the mail. Some of y'all otaku get on this

Hallo,
für eine japanische TV Show (Dreh in Japan) suchen wir echte "Japan Fans" im Altersbereich von 20-30 Jahren aus Europa.
Kriterien für die Kandidaten:
- Japan Fan – hat ein Hobby oder Beruf, die mit die japanische Kultur ein Bezug hat. Besonders interessant sind…
- Japanische traditionelle Sport Profi/Meister (Judo, Kyudo, Sumo, Ninjutsu…)
- Japanische Köche (Sushi, Ramen, Yakitori, Tempura, Udon, Soba, Wagashi, Takoyaki, Okonomiyaki…)
- Japanische traditionelle Künstler (Kabuki Theaterspieler, No Theaterspieler, Geiko-Tanz Nihonbuyo, Tee Zeremoniemeister, Shuji, Kado Florist, japanische Maler, Kimono Weber, Haiku Poet…)
- Japanische Handwerker (japanische Architekt, japanische Designer, japanische Gärtner…)
- Kandidaten mit ungewöhnliche Hobby / Beruf mit ein Bezug zu Japan
Bedingungen zur Teilnahme:
- du warst noch NIE in Japan
- europäisches Aussehen
- Alter ca. 20-30 Jahre
- reisetauglich und verfügbar für 5-6 Tage im Zeitraum 01.09.-31.12.16
- Schauspielerfahrung – EGAL
- Japanische Sprach-Kenntnisse - EGAL
Es werden sämtliche Reisekosten und Spesen während der Show von der Produktion übernommen. Es gibt keine Gage für den Auftritt.
Bei Interesse, melde dich einfach über folgendes Formular als verfügbar:
https://www.starboxx.de/feedback/index.php?type=2&email=cnp-kasper@live.de&id=24051&key=57bc49fc1fcfa
Anschließend senden wir dir weitere Informationen zum Casting.
Liebe Grüße,
Dein starboxx Team
https://www.starboxx.de/
https://de-de.facebook.com/starboxx.de

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

niethan posted:

- europäisches Aussehen

Is this code for "blond and blue-eyed"?