Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
When I say "appease the Internet" I more mean the people who complain about the characters being all men, all white, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is a good funnybook.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rubiks Pubes posted:

When I say "appease the Internet" I more mean the people who complain about the characters being all men, all white, etc.

Oh, so by 'the internet' you mean 'people who are not white men'.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's still mostly white men.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rubiks Pubes posted:

im sorry you can't escape the clutches of cultural marxism

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
So what's the event after Civil War 2: War Harder going to be?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HIJK posted:

Even Secreter Invasion.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

They teased the Infinity War as something that happens in the near future during a time travel arc in New Avengers, but now that they've changed the name of the movie idk.

I predict even more Thanos at any rate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey he's predicting the future! GET HIM

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mover posted:

They teased the Infinity War as something that happens in the near future during a time travel arc in New Avengers, but now that they've changed the name of the movie idk.

I predict even more Thanos at any rate.

They didn't change the name of the movie. They changed it from both movies having the Same Name Part 1 and Same Name Part 2.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

HIJK posted:

Marvel vs Cyclops.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

HIJK posted:

It's Mahvel 4, baybee!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Marvel vs Cyclops.

Finally a villain we can all agree needs to go.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know, Marvel has been doing alright.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rubiks Pubes posted:

And when I say "appease the Internet" I more mean the people who complain about the characters being replaced by women, minorities, etc.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

HIJK posted:

Secreter Invasion, The Medium Amount of Carnage, and Brian Michael Bendis presents Annihilation 2 and a Half: Now with 500% more Earth.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 23, 2016

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Rubiks Pubes posted:

We know what you loving meant, why don't you go out and make America great again, buddy?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's really rose colored glasses anyway, Thor, Captain America and Iron Man all have been replaced before over the years, in some cases multiple times. Although, yeah, the only negative is that if a replacement character is what draws you it can really suck when the writer eventually goes back to his version. I don't think I forgave Thor for not being Thunderstrike until like 5 years ago (and gently caress Hal Jordan forever).

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Rick posted:

It's really rose colored glasses anyway, Thor, Captain America and Iron Man all have been replaced before over the years, in some cases multiple times.

True. I remember, though, when uptight liberal nerds used to complain when characters were replaced by teenage girls, because of sexism, and pandering to teenage boys, etc.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am pretty sure the next big retro event is going to be Infinity Something.

Infinity Conflict/Brawl/Trip/Shoving Match/Verbal disagreement/Strongly worded facebook comment?

They're going to do that to tie it in with the movies, even if they're not called Infinity Wars now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We just did that like two years ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Are white men giving writing these minority characters? Burn down marvel if so.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I'd triple the amount of Marvel books I buy if they just went a few years without any event books whatsoever.

Quintuple it if they forced writers to resolve story arcs in 2 issues maximum.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

HIJK posted:

Inhumans vs. X-Men

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not exaggerating when I say I'd triple the amount of Marvel books I buy if they just went a few years without any event books whatsoever.

Quintuple it if they forced writers to resolve story arcs in 2 issues maximum.

I too want a proper sequel to Nextwave.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Trast posted:

Finally a villain we can all agree needs to go.

Cyclops Was Right. :colbert:

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know, Marvel has been doing alright.

:golfclap:

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Soonmot posted:

We know what you loving meant, why don't you go out and make America great again, buddy?

Mr Hootington posted:

Are white men giving writing these minority characters? Burn down marvel if so.

Empathy for all people, even the ones who are different from the one expressing empathy, is the mark of a person I want to hang out with. More empathy, less divisiveness, please!

It's what the 1% wants until the FEMA death camps are ready, though.

Anyway, I have Marvel Unlimited. How is Nazi Steve Rogers doing? Is he still a Nazi?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

To be fair that's entirely DC because Marvel doesn't really have a history of legacy characters besides arguably Captain America, and even then that had extenuating circumstances of "Steve is dead or on the run from the government or something so I'll temporarily be Cap for now". This is really the first time characters like Spider-Man, Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man are or have had really for-reals legacy offshoots like DC has done for the past half-century.

Thor has had multiple replacement Thors. Beta Ray Bill alone exists. Captain America has had multiple Captain Americas and spinoffs. U.S Agent alone, plus Winter Soldier. Iron Man only needs the words "War Machine" to disprove that. Spider-Man has literally had multiple Peter Parkers running around.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To be fair his broader point is mostly right, he just chose bad examples.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Aphrodite posted:

To be fair his broader point is mostly right, he just chose bad examples.

I mean. Yeah. Part of what I used to like about DC is that the universe was this big legacy thing with very obvious structures. Young heroes go to the Teen Titans or Justice Society, adult heroes go solo and usually find membership with the league, the young adults more with the Titans, and yeah the JSA just being there in the background a literal example of legacy.

I dunno I just felt like it all flowed well, then of course Geoff Johns decided the ideas he had in the 90's before he was a writer just needed to be canon and thus DC's basically been a reversion that threw away all of its legacy.

But uh, not going to lie. I don't believe a single set of heroes currently replacing a hero beyond Carol taking on Captain Marvel and Kamala taking on Miss Marvel is going to stick. Ever. And honestly nothing they can do is going to convince me, because Wally West stopped being the Flash after 20 years of being in the role so Barry could take the mantle back. I just cannot believe there will be a change in comics that will be permanent so long as fans of the old stuff exist and will eventually become writers. That is the nature of the cape comic industry.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

She showed up and got to be kinda interesting in, IIRC, Captain Britain and MI-13.

Al Ewing would do great with her, but Paul Cornell got there first.

Did she? I honestly don't remember Lionheart appearing at all in Cap Britain and MI-13.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Onmi posted:

I mean. Yeah. Part of what I used to like about DC is that the universe was this big legacy thing with very obvious structures. Young heroes go to the Teen Titans or Justice Society, adult heroes go solo and usually find membership with the league, the young adults more with the Titans, and yeah the JSA just being there in the background a literal example of legacy.

I dunno I just felt like it all flowed well, then of course Geoff Johns decided the ideas he had in the 90's before he was a writer just needed to be canon and thus DC's basically been a reversion that threw away all of its legacy.

But uh, not going to lie. I don't believe a single set of heroes currently replacing a hero beyond Carol taking on Captain Marvel and Kamala taking on Miss Marvel is going to stick. Ever. And honestly nothing they can do is going to convince me, because Wally West stopped being the Flash after 20 years of being in the role so Barry could take the mantle back. I just cannot believe there will be a change in comics that will be permanent so long as fans of the old stuff exist and will eventually become writers. That is the nature of the cape comic industry.

The ideas Alan Moore had before Geoff Johns became a writer.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Starsnostars posted:

Did she? I honestly don't remember Lionheart appearing at all in Cap Britain and MI-13.

Upon doing some checking I can only find mention of her appearing in New Excalibur. I suppose it's possible I got my mental wires crossed but I don't see how considering that I didn't read New Excalibur. Huh.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Aphrodite posted:

The ideas Alan Moore had before Geoff Johns became a writer.

I was mainly referring to Superboy. See, in the comments section on Young Justice a young Geoff Johns wrote in saying that Superboys clone doner had to be Lex Luthor! To which the writers said "Nope, sorry" So when Geoff got a job writing for DC, he immediately wrote Superboy and then revealed his clone doner was Lex Luthor. He's like a microcosm of the Comic Book Writer problems. Fan becomes writer, immediately implements all fan theories as Canon.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Inside this week's Deadpool.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Iron Man only needs the words "War Machine" to disprove that.

hi hey all it's your daily reminder that BMB killed off the black Iron Man off-screen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Four Score posted:

hi hey all it's your daily reminder that BMB killed off the black Iron Man off-screen

No, she's just fine.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Four Score posted:

Nobody cares because he was replaced by a teenage, black, woman who is probably gay or Q in general. Maybe Hindu or Muslim. Idk

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

No, she's just fine.

that's War Machine you racist

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Four Score posted:

that's War Machine you racist
I don't really care about people who beat the poo poo out of their girlfriends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I don't really care about people who beat the poo poo out of their girlfriends.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread