Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Sir Pat's dad was hosed up from the war and beat his wife and kids, so Pat has been a longtime campaigner against domestic violence. I guess he finds boxing/MMA triggering or whatever. He's a good dude who means well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Triggered posted:

Bajorans are useless fucks. Cardassians come and invade and all they do is march to the labor camps and cry. If an alien race tried to invade earth I guarantee we would nuke them and ourselves into oblivion.

if only the bajorans had had guns :911:

naem
May 29, 2011

THC posted:

Sir Pat's dad was hosed up from the war and beat his wife and kids, so Pat has been a longtime campaigner against domestic violence. I guess he finds boxing/MMA triggering or whatever. He's a good dude who means well.

He was a real trouble maker in his youth but ever since that fight with the naussican he's a changed man

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

ITT:
Bajorans deserved what they got.
Dukat did nothing wrong.
Kai Winn- great leader or greatest leader?
Captain Picard is a weak willed pacifist.
The imaginary friend that O'Brien killed is a better life partner than Keiko.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the Federation just needs a strong leader, ok?

deep in your squirmy hearts even you know it is uncouth to have an alien president ruling from Earth

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
I liked that the Federation president in that DS9 two parter was a turban wearing non human like alien. There totally was a underlying xenophobia to the crazy Admirals disdain for democracy I mean guys, that weird alien fella isn't even human no wonder he doesn't protect us or care about Earth like he should...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

ITT:
The imaginary friend that O'Brien killed is a better life partner than Keiko.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
This thread is now about Porthos, Janeway's Dogs that she abandoned on earth, and that alien that pretended to be a dog so that it could eat LaForge.

E: Worf's childhood pet Targ discussion is allowed too.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

RVWinkle posted:

This thread is now about Porthos, Janeway's Dogs that she abandoned on earth, and that alien that pretended to be a dog so that it could eat LaForge.

Post the dogs so we can get a load

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

RVWinkle posted:

What about the Alfa 177 canine?

Poor thing died of having its good and evil halves put back together. :(

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Powered Descent posted:

What about the Alfa 177 canine?

Poor thing died of having its good and evil halves put back together. :(

I don't like little yappy alien dogs but have at it

mailorder bees! posted:

Post the dogs so we can get a load

Sorry my internet is garbage so it would take me forever. Hopefully other people can step up like Powered Descent did above.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Starfleet should've started mass-producing cloaks the second Proud Warrior Race Guys pulled out of the Khitomer Accords. Guess what, assholes? That was literally your only advantage over the space commies.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Apoplexy posted:

Well, you're stupid. Either that or you're not giving it the loving chance it deserves. What poo poo have you watched and liked?

edit: You mentioned Farscape. DS9 is REALLY like Farscape in a lot of ways, especially character-wise. Yes, everyone pretty much an rear end in a top hat, but there's a lot of development that turns their crew into a family and the way the plot unfolds is terrific in each case. Truly two of the best series. Add Babylon 5 to that list, too. Hopefully you've seen that, because it's basically DS9 done with a much lower budget and with a ton of loving weird drug addicts and deafs and drunks and right-wing lunatics and a paranoid schizo all on the cast and it's awesome.

And then came Defiance after Farscape and it was awwwful. It turned the "town of assholes" premise to an artform, with no relationship between any cast member avoiding a good deep backstab per episode. It's possible to have enjoyablr unlikable characters, you just cant have an entire cast of them. Hell, I don't even think they ever outright succeed in a single episode at anything they tried, they all just failed upwards to the finale.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Watched Voyager again recently and I kind of liked it. It held up better than I thought. Kes annoys the poo poo out of me though.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Farscape is amazing and if you can't enjoy it what are you doing the trek GBS thread. Also as an enormous nerd I can definitively say the doubler episode in season 3 is where the show gets loving horrible and features Crichton cucking himself. Then along comes peacekeeper wars and daddy o'bannon writes off every character that came after the start of season 3, it was glorious.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
I could never really get over Ocampians having big vaginas in their backs. Tho liked Kes's maternal relationship with Janeway and her advocate/mentor relationship with the Doc.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Tectonis posted:

Farscape is amazing and if you can't enjoy it what are you doing the trek GBS thread. Also as an enormous nerd I can definitively say the doubler episode in season 3 is where the show gets loving horrible and features Crichton cucking himself. Then along comes peacekeeper wars and daddy o'bannon writes off every character that came after the start of season 3, it was glorious.

Pop sensation Jewel getting nuked from orbit surprised the hell out of me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tectonis posted:

Season 3 went right down the shitter after Crichton got doubled, but Season 4 was legit good.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Season 3 went right down the shitter after Crichton got doubled, but Season 4 was legit good.

This is a correct and good statement. The defense against the dark arts psychic training camp was really good and had a lot of character development and also LUXAN HYPERRAGE!!!

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I don't remember what seasons are associated with what but the Scorpius in John's head stuff is great.

Especially later when he squishes him up like a basketball and throws him in a dumpster.

Pretty much anything with Scorpius is prime Farscape.

Edit: What was that show (I think from the early 90s) where there are aliens that live on Earth coexisting with humans and water kills them or something. They had leopard spots? I remember liking that show for being a weird detective/sci-fi mix-up.

Edit2: Alien Nation. Alien Nation owned.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
lexx is better than farscape

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
so the first half of this episode was a ripoff of that TNG episode where Data has to knock everyone out to hide an alien race's existence

and then this happened

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I don't remember what seasons are associated with what but the Scorpius in John's head stuff is great.

Especially later when he squishes him up like a basketball and throws him in a dumpster.

Edit: What was that show (I think from the early 90s) where there are aliens that live on Earth coexisting with humans and water kills them or something. They had leopard spots? I remember liking that show for being a weird detective/sci-fi mix-up.

Season 4 had Crichton holding an entire Scarran Destroyer, and the Peacekeepers at-large hostage with a pair of hand-made nukes on his belt :allears:.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

spoiled milk got them drunk and you could make their women cum super hard by humming into the side of their neck or forearm or something i forget

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I stopped my rewatch of Voyager in season 5 and then accidentally watched 2 seasons of Deep Space Nine. Oops.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Alien Nation was decent for what it was. The spoiled milk thing grossed me out as a kid every time.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Trast posted:

Alien Nation was decent for what it was. The spoiled milk thing grossed me out as a kid every time.

man i remember watching that as a kid and the human cop that was dating an alien wanted to prove his love for her and drank a ton of chunky milk.....ugh

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The best part of Alien Nation was how they'd slam cut to that clip of the one dude flipping out in the car in the opening credits and it brings the whole thing to a grinding halt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNc1nORBz0

Also the theme is weird and cool I guess

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The original movie is way better than the dumb tv show.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Picard: Picard to Geordi and Data: fix everything. Commander Riker: don't gently caress any people you're not supposed to gently caress. Everyone else: just stand in place until I return to the bridge. I've got to go drop a "captain's log".

*credits play*

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
TNG is awesome but that would still be better than 1/3 of TNG episodes.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
The Federation not using cloaks is retarded. The tactical advantages of being invisible are self explanatory, then they experiment with pegasus and can move through solid matter as well as being invisible. So all the Federation needs to do is make a huge, invisible bomb that passes through matter and stick it in the core of every planet not in the Federation.
There you have it, no more problems from the Romulans, no more problems from odos lovely race and no more problems from the borg.

Another thing, as soon as someone invented the holodeck why would anyone give a poo poo about exploring space? I would retreat into my holo capsule and lock the thing behind me.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Triggered posted:

Another thing, as soon as someone invented the holodeck why would anyone give a poo poo about exploring space? I would retreat into my holo capsule and lock the thing behind me.

Every new civilization discovered is just extra material for the intergalactic spank-bank that is the holodeck

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Booblord Zagats posted:

Every new civilization discovered is just extra material for the intergalactic spank-bank that is the holodeck

Yeah but when it comes down to it, would you rather spend your life on a starship waiting to be sucked into the cold vacuum of space or would you rather spend the rest of your days being sucked off by holo Jenna Jameson.

Seems like an easy choice to me.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Triggered posted:

Yeah but when it comes down to it, would you rather spend your life on a starship waiting to be sucked into the cold vacuum of space or would you rather spend the rest of your days being sucked off by holo Jenna Jameson.

Seems like an easy choice to me.
Computer: Run program Jenna_Jamesons_Hot_Boxxx

// ** accessing... updates available, would you like to apply??? ** \\

Yeah sure go nuts.

// ** update applied. enter when ready ** \\

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah sure go nuts.

// ** you have been infected with hepatitis NCC-1701 **/

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah sure go nuts.

Holy poo poo, not like this. Not like this.....

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Once the nose falls off the fourth hole is revealed, like a boss transformation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

The late 90s - early 2000s were a mixed bag for scifi. You had Lexx and Farscape on one side and Voyager and Andromeda on the other.