Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Kit Walker posted:

If a multi-billion dollar entity is trying to give you a giant stack of cash without asking for anything in return, you take that money and put it to good use. Jfc, goons.

I can understand that as an individual taking the money. That's your option. But as an already wealthy conglomerate entity you should not take money from ones who your programs fundamentally disagree with.

Phone posted:

OK, well go build your time machine. We'll be waiting for you on the Alternate Timeline.

Critiscing it is also neccesary. And again whilst perfect is the enemy of good so is too much compromise that you aren't doing any actual good at all and legitimising bad stuff. NOt that I am saying this is what the Clinton Foundation is doing.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

"bigly" or whatever crap hes always saying

BIG LEAGUE. Trump's saying BIG LEAGUE.

Nice meltdown and all that but people being unable to parse this annoy me.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i dub his mustache "the Dirty Nigel"

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Wait what... I don't even. And he has a mustache now? Is he emigrating to Germany to live under a new identity?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Pakled posted:

I kind of doubt that Trump's bringing in THAT many people who don't normally vote Republican.

He does seem to be bringing in people who don't normally vote at all. Voter registration in swing states so far this year is more Republican than normal.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hope Hicks is now saying that she hasn't heard that Trump and Farage are sharing the stage and that the two don't even know each other.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Wait what... I don't even. And he has a mustache now? Is he emigrating to Germany to live under a new identity?

His wife is German and his sons are half German. He may well actually end up leaving the country if it all goes down the pan.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zoux posted:

Hope Hicks is now saying that she hasn't heard that Trump and Farage are sharing the stage and that the two don't even know each other.

My favorite thing is Trump spokespeople/surrogates not knowing what their campaign is doing.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Josef bugman posted:

I can understand that as an individual taking the money. That's your option. But as an already wealthy conglomerate entity you should not take money from ones who your programs fundamentally disagree with.

Critiscing it is also neccesary. And again whilst perfect is the enemy of good so is too much compromise that you aren't doing any actual good at all and legitimising bad stuff.

Burning calories worrying about how evil the Clinton Foundation is or isn't seems like a colossal waste of time if you realize and recognize that while they aren't perfect, they're doing a net good.

You know who burns a shitload of calories over the Clinton Foundation? People who hate the Clintons with a passion. The 20 year propaganda campaign is definitely real, and buying into their garbage lends credence to whatever batshit argument of the week they're running.

No one is asserting that Hillary Clinton herself is perfect and is above criticism. There are legitimate grievances you can levy; however, using shorthand to address these problems is how reductive soundbites become "common knowledge" and weaponized.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reminder that conservative columnists don't have the market cornered on dumb rear end think pieces.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

Farage pulls off bad mustache, puts on orange wig, starts using a Queens accent. "Aha I WAS Mr Brexit all along you fools!"

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!
https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/768467111941472256

Seems his base really doesn't like the flip on immigration Trump seems to be starting.

It would be the best of both worlds, if he managed to piss off half the country by being bigoted and then piss off the other half by walking that back.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/politicalwire/status/768441705238519808

I have in my hand a list of 205 lesbians in the state department

Who are the other 203?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Democratic ad's are running, and its genius: Reading out Brietbart headlines:

http://wonkette.com/605845/new-democratic-ad-is-just-people-reading-gross-breitbart-headlines-because-breitbart-is-gross

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

He does seem to be bringing in people who don't normally vote at all. Voter registration in swing states so far this year is more Republican than normal.

I guess that's where the Silent Majority is supposed to come from.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

His wife is German and his sons are half German. He may well actually end up leaving the country if it all goes down the pan.

It's kind of amazing how, just when it seems like it couldn't get more obvious that Farage and his pals had no idea what they would do if Brexit passed, it gets even more obvious.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Stalin posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/768467111941472256

Seems his base really doesn't like the flip on immigration Trump seems to be starting.

It would be the best of both worlds, if he managed to piss off half the country by being bigoted and then piss off the other half by walking that back.

The 2/2 in that tweet is Steve King saying that he doesn't think that that's what is going to happen.

What's going to happen is that every surrogate, every flack and Trump himself will constantly be vague about policy answers and specifics, say they will have details out soon, and continue to let people project whatever they think is good immigration policy on to him. He's trying to walk the razor's edge here.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Josef bugman posted:

If you're still talking about the Gates Foundation, there is a huge world of difference between taking donations from a company (where they might try to gain something from it) or being invested in a company (where you're just gaining cash from their success).

Again, if the Gates Foundation quit investing in Exxon, what, exactly, do you think would be different? Do you think that would change Exxon's behavior in any way, shape, or form?

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!

zoux posted:

The 2/2 in that tweet is Steve King saying that he doesn't think that that's what is going to happen.

What's going to happen is that every surrogate, every flack and Trump himself will constantly be vague about policy answers and specifics, say they will have details out soon, and continue to let people project whatever they think is good immigration policy on to him. He's trying to walk the razor's edge here.

Let me dream of a better world.

But yea, he's going to be vague and hope that people will simply hear what they want to hear, but seeing any amount of nervousness about Trump in the ~33% of the country who will vote for him and only him is a good thing.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Josef bugman posted:

Why?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I'm the old timey piano music in the background

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looks like the Trumpsters found it first. Check that dislike bar, goddamn.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

:wow:

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

What an awful mustache.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WampaLord posted:

My favorite thing is Trump spokespeople/surrogates not knowing what their campaign is doing.

https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/768474063723454465

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
PEC's Clinton November win probabilities have moved to 94%/96% :getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I kinda wish they hadn't had the readers add their own comments or choke. Just recite straight Breitbart into the camera and let the audience feel their own outrage and disbelief.

That would probably had made it unfit for TV, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

emdash posted:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Farage's mustache is five times longer than it should be.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

God, making commercials for the DNC/Hillary Campaign/any Democratic candidate has got to be the easiest job in the world this year.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My fever dream for this election is that the left and right's combined hatred of CNN causes its entire news business to crumble and the network just turns into a 24-hour Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown channel.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

emdash posted:

I don't know if Trump's recent staff shakeup and message pivot's being reflected in any of the polls yet, but right now it seems like he's been locked into the "incorrigible fuckup" narrative. He's in a box now where everything he does will be seen as wrong regardless of practice or intent.

Which is the same box Hillary's been in for decades, so I can appreciate the irony.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

zoux posted:

Yeah the idea that Muhammad Yusuf paid to get access to the administration is laughable, the man has a Presidential Medal of Freedom, and that was one of the first cases the AP cited, calling him "an internationally known economist from Bangladesh".

Pages ago and apologies if someone else already pointed this out, but you're thinking of Muhammad Yunus (founder of Grameen Bank, Nobel Peace Prize and Presidential Medal of Honor recipient) not Muhammed Yusuf (founder of Boko Haram).

Hillary better not be taking money from Yusuf.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

I don't know if Trump's recent staff shakeup and message pivot's being reflected in any of the polls yet, but right now it seems like he's been locked into the "incorrigible fuckup" narrative. He's in a box now where everything he does will be seen as wrong regardless of practice or intent.

Which is the same box Hillary's been in for decades, so I can appreciate the irony.

It's been a week since the shakeup, we'd see polling effects by now.

karlor posted:

Pages ago and apologies if someone else already pointed this out, but you're thinking of Muhammad Yunus (founder of Grameen Bank, Nobel Peace Prize and Presidential Medal of Honor recipient) not Muhammed Yusuf (founder of Boko Haram).

Lol whoops

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Smart of them to disable comments, given the only bigger festering pile of poo poo that is a comment section exists on Yahoo (discounting alt-right sites and whatnot).

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Phone posted:

Burning calories worrying about how evil the Clinton Foundation is or isn't seems like a colossal waste of time if you realize and recognize that while they aren't perfect, they're doing a net good.

You know who burns a shitload of calories over the Clinton Foundation? People who hate the Clintons with a passion. The 20 year propaganda campaign is definitely real, and buying into their garbage lends credence to whatever batshit argument of the week they're running.

Some of the programs are doing good but it is also a legitimate thing to be able to complain about them. Chelsea Clinton did with the whole Hati thing. I am not sure how to balance the legitimate criticisms of an organisation with the political attacks, but I do think that there needs to be some. It's simply a problem that most people won't pick up on unless it's a political point scoring exercise by the "other side".

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Well, I am as well.

Ann Coulter had a book about how great Trump is come out this week. She's not happy.
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/768447480040198144

Nothing better than watching two poo poo human beings engage in a slapfight. :popcorn:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh for fucks sake
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/768475685547417600

This whole goddamn thing is one big grift.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

karlor posted:

Okay this would be worrying if it were accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

This whole goddamn thing is one big grift.

This, but for the entire conservative movement.

• Locked thread