Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I've been up since 6:30 when my shift started at 9 because I needed to help my brother with something and then I had to do all the important maintenance stuff and now I'm realizing that sleep is the ultimate prize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Having a kid teaches the same lesson

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I get up at 5:30 to do tai chi in the morning because it's healthy and good

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What is wrong with you?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

The story for a short story/novella I'm working on is coming together so well. I'm gonna spend all of today writing and watching terrible movies in the background

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I get up at 5:30 to do tai chi in the morning because it's healthy and good

:stonk:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Idk I get like 6-7 hours of sleep a night so I'm good

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Ur a deadset mental case

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This is my fav thread because I can post about anything here, you guys don't care and the mods certainly don't want to interfere with this self sustaining society.

Did you eat the cronut yet?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Cronus is for the last day, I have sort of written myself into a corner in terms of figuring out that travel situation though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dugong come play my soldiers game

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I'm at a doctor's appointment and so far I've waited in four different rooms.

This is feeling very Mad Hatter CHANGE PLACES! style.

I've been in this room for about 5 minutes so I'm due to be shuffled off to a different room.

I sincerely hope that each room was smaller than the last.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Everyone come play my soldiers game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Asiina posted:

Also I miss the first waiting room which had this awful TV show on where a woman was on a "date" but two guys were giving her instructions in an earpiece to essentially troll her date, and she got money for completing challenges. The one she was doing when I got whisked away was to open up packages of sugar and pour them on the table, and then take more sugar packets out of her jacket and keep doing it.

Still wouldn't have even cracked the top ten of weirdest dates I've been on.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Still wouldn't have even cracked the top ten of weirdest dates I've been on.

you can't say that without giving at least one example

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I never sleep, instead I get my daily energy through spite and hate.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys think Bill Cosby's Little Bill will be remembered fondly even after all that rape stuff came out about him?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I can function on like 1 hour of sleep and often during a work week only get 4-5 a night but I really am running at 60% unless I get 6+

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My interview went well but I probably won't get a call back, not that it matters. I wouldn't take the job as cool and great as it would've been since it doesn't pay nearly as well as it should and I couldn't part time elsewhere at the same time. Oh well! There's tomorrow's data entry position which I feel capable of getting and at this point is starting to sound like a good thing. If they let me take my vacation from 31 August to 13 of September before starting then I'm their man.

I'm in a good mood gang. Just chipper.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My interview went well but I probably won't get a call back, not that it matters. I wouldn't take the job as cool and great as it would've been since it doesn't pay nearly as well as it should and I couldn't part time elsewhere at the same time. Oh well! There's tomorrow's data entry position which I feel capable of getting and at this point is starting to sound like a good thing. If they let me take my vacation from 31 August to 13 of September before starting then I'm their man.

I'm in a good mood gang. Just chipper.

I'm glad you're feeling good! I know job stuff can be a pain and I hope everything works well for you!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Thanks. I'm sure it will. I'm fortunate enough to have things to fall back on even when they don't. It's just a matter of getting there. I think what really motivated me was just seeing how nice this school was (British School of Paris, if anyone's interested) and just thinking that even with the data entry job, it'll give me the time to study to eventually be a teacher and be in that teaching environment. It's really what I want to do. Of that I'm convinced. I know there's a couple of you who're teachers, Little Mac right?

How do you know if you're a good teacher? Or do you never really know? I have no idea if I am. I do like doing it and I have a knack of building good rapport with youths, but that's not all there's to it obviously.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Keane have you ever tried creatively writing?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MG3 posted:

Keane have you ever tried creatively writing?

Yeah, I used to be a major contributor to my old sketch comedy troupe. I want to take up writing again, I'm hoping to once this project kicks off and I have a bit more downtime.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 27, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My first date move is to challenge my date to arm wrestling, I am destined to marry the person who can defeat me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Charlene Keane, the woman with one normal arm and one triple beefy xl arm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Spiros posted:

Charlene Keane, the woman with one normal arm and one triple beefy xl arm

What is a marriage if not a partnership between two people who secretly want to be lumberjacks?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

My first date move is to challenge my date to arm wrestling, I am destined to marry the person who can defeat me.

Do you propose every time

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keane becomes a druid shortly after Mother Nature defeats him in arm wrestling

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Do you propose every time

I keep the ring handy just in case.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CC Keane-Antaeus

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I keep the ring handy just in case.

Ring pops don't count.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

Ring pops don't count.

Even if it's two months salary?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't know you purchased the blood diamond ring pop flavored with blood of Wagyu cattle. Lucky girl(s), carry on then!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Kashuno posted:

Dugong come play my soldiers game

When is it going to start? I'm going to be on the road for a wedding Fri and Sat

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

who's excited about proxima centauri

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

When is it going to start? I'm going to be on the road for a wedding Fri and Sat

Most likely not by friday or saturday

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mafia thread I just jabbed myself in the eye with my thumb. :(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Mafia thread I just jabbed myself in the eye with my thumb. :(

That's always the worst. I hope you take good care of your nails because I can't even imagine a sharp stab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 27, 2020