Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
CWDT also has a damage penalty I think too.

Cool extra link stuff: CWDT, tempest shield, blind, culling strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
That too. It actually ends up becoming a small more modifier at high gem levels, but then takes something like 3k damage to actually trigger.

Tempest Shield, Molten Shell, Phase Run are all fun to stick in a CWDT. Curses and Blood Rage are also nice.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Arctic Breath is the one I always dump in there.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Hamburger Test posted:

Arctic Breath is the one I always dump in there.
drat, knew I was forgetting one. The chilled ground effect is super useful, I've run that a few times as well.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Blood rage for offense, tempest shield for defense, breath for pretty.

On a more important note, ive got these skin transgers to use. Mauls have nothing really awesome exceppt kondor. Im using a golden mask and tabula rosa (a bricked one just for skin). What should i use for boots and gloves? Im going with a psycho killer theme. Do gang of momentum have 3d art?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

ButtWolf posted:

Blood rage for offense, tempest shield for defense, breath for pretty.

On a more important note, ive got these skin transgers to use. Mauls have nothing really awesome exceppt kondor. Im using a golden mask and tabula rosa (a bricked one just for skin). What should i use for boots and gloves? Im going with a psycho killer theme. Do gang of momentum have 3d art?

Yes it does. The uniques with 3d art should all have screenshots on their wiki page, but I don't know if they all do.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Blade vortex for procing EO.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Holyshoot posted:

Blade vortex for procing EO.

also with PCoC for instant maxed Power Charges (BV is kinda bugged, it crits way too often per cast)

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Cool tech with that new amulet that gives you a bunch of ignite-related poo poo and does fire damage to you when you ignite an enemy: if you're going Oro's Flicker Strike with it, CWDT - BV - Inc Crits will make it ridiculously easy to sustain EO so there's no reason you should be RT any more (assuming you can get the amulet of course, going RT while leveling is fine).

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
12 years since release and still templar has no pants

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Eye of innocence also has some sweet synergies with Elementalist Paragon of Calamity ascendancy node.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When will we know if they are buffing or nerfing stuffs

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

When will we know if they are buffing or nerfing stuffs

Sometime in the next week to 10 days.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Full patch notes for an update this big usually come out a day or so before it drops.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss

Ultima66 posted:

if you're going Oro's Flicker Strike with it, CWDT - BV - Inc Crits will make it ridiculously easy to sustain EO so there's no reason you should be RT any more (assuming you can get the amulet of course, going RT while leveling is fine).

I'm a huge fan of Oro's Flicker and hearing that it's going to get new tech makes me happy, but I have no idea what EO means. Please to be elaborating?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Elemental Overload. Passive which trades 40% more elemental damage if you've crit recently for no crit multiplier.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Unique bow that Guardian of the Hydra can drop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIAg1vuL9kE

:gizz:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
uh this actually seems mediocre? I guess Reach really was a catastrophic mistake

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
ZiggyDStarcraftZIGGYD YouTube/Twitch [score hidden] 18 minutes ago
The physical damage in the video was not final, Nick confirmed with me today that it gets over 300pdps now.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I posted this in the Discord, but the supporter who designed Cospri's Will said in a comment thread for this unique that he had a new unique coming in Atlas of Worlds called Cospri's Malice. He said it'll be as exciting as Cospri's Will, so while I'm skeptical of him making another item as busted as Cospri's Will I am ready for another Cospri item that's really strong.

Also the bow is more than fine. The one shown is 360 pdps. I think the mods on the bow are worth more than 1 full gem link since I feel like bleed alone is worth most of a gem link and it adds some other nice mods too, and a 360 pdps Harbinger Bow with a crit roll on it is already worth multiple exalts. Sure, the free 4 projectiles on Reach made it a 360 dps bow that's worth 2 free gem links, but everyone knows that bow was ridiculously overpowered. This is closer in line with what an endgame unique crit bow should be.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
You messed up your calculations, the thing is 284 pdps with quality.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Oh you're right, I just typed in min + max / 2 and the calculator I was using actually did order of operations. If it's like 320 pdps since Ziggy said it's over 300 right now that's still good though.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
honestly if they up the dps the 100% bleed makes it another very very good Assassin bow

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

The Real Foogla posted:

honestly if they up the dps the 100% bleed makes it another very very good Assassin bow

What skill does the highest phys single-hits with a bow? Rain of arrows?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Probably, but I dont think RoA can pierce

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Siege Ballista then? But I just did a dual ballista build (with Doomfletch's Prism and Avatar of Fire) this league so I don't fancy trying again in Essence.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

gonadic io posted:

Siege Ballista then? But I just did a dual ballista build (with Doomfletch's Prism and Avatar of Fire) this league so I don't fancy trying again in Essence.

Frenzy.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

holy poo poo

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I'm interested to see Cospri's Malice. I kinda hope its not as good as Cospri's Will because in a league with reach of the council, I think cospri's is by far the strongest item. I watched a friend of mine replace his reach with a 6L darkskorn and switch tshot to split arrow and did an uber atziri with it. Cospris+curse on hit gloves+assassin was enough to get the kill.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to buy 30 gcp. Which gems are the ones to upgrade for EQ? Current are
EQ 3% - Rapid Decay - Less Duration - PtoL - MelPhys - Fortify 1%
Warchief - Fire 20% - Conc. Effect - MelPhys - WEleDmg
Hatred - Herald of Ash 8%

Also how much does an attribute like 'adds 3-12 physical damage' on amulet or something actually add? Like what is it multiplied by?

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 25, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Priority
Less Duration
Earthquake
Physical to Lightning
Herald of Ash

Nice to have
Concentrated Effect
Melee Physical Damage
Weapon Elemental Damage

Skip
Rapid Decay
Fortify
Hatred

Damage is <sum of all flat sources> * (1 + <sum all of increased/decreased sources>) * (product of <1 + all less/more sources>)

Needless to say, this formula can get pretty long in a hurry.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, I'll finish EQ and Herald leaving 11 to put on Duration.
I'll have 2 slots to put with Hatred and Herald. Elemental prolif? Enlighten/Empower? Curse on Hit?

Sorry, I'm just to the point where I'm completely min/maxing now.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 25, 2016

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Late to the cwdt chat: if you're playing in hardcore or are otherwise really paranoid about dying, CWDT-Detonate Mines is pretty handy with a smoke mine laid back somewhere safer. Not foolproof if you break line of sight or go too far but it can be really nice for melee characters against certain bosses and packs.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

ButtWolf posted:

I'm going to buy 30 gcp. Which gems are the ones to upgrade for EQ? Current are
EQ 3% - Rapid Decay - Less Duration - PtoL - MelPhys - Fortify 1%
Warchief - Fire 20% - Conc. Effect - MelPhys - WEleDmg
Hatred - Herald of Ash 8%

Also how much does an attribute like 'adds 3-12 physical damage' on amulet or something actually add? Like what is it multiplied by?

Don't upgrade low % gems with GCP, go buy some 16+ for a couple C and upgrade them to 20

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You can probably get a 20/20 corrupted gem for a few chaos. Unless you absolutely must have a 21/20.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Not sure what I want to run for 2.4 at all.

Prophecy -
Saboteur Ice trap x2, died high 40's low 50's
Jugg EQ x 2, both died in the high 60's
Assassin Poison TS, reached 80
Jugg ED/Contagion (was going to go RF, but meh at this point in the league), reached 66

Perandus -
Necro SRS, stalled out mid 40's
Gladiator Reave, stalled out mid 50's
Elemental Iron Commander, reached 90

And a bunch of bladefall/bf totem/swt/rf totem guys in Talisman.

So I guess I should do some kind of witch caster then? I do not want to do either bladefall or blade vortex, pizza blast was pretty boring the last time I did it before the proliferation nerf, and not really feeling SRS as I have done it a couple times already. Any ideas guys?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm leaning towards oro's sacrifice dual ancestral warchief totems champion with Mind Over Matter. I'm unsure if it'll be enough damage and if I'll have enough mana and mana regen to support MOM. It's also going to be kind of poo poo to level.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 25, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
explosive arrow elementalist/yugg?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I want to do something with that lightning mace real loving bad. But that's a second character idea.

I'll probably start with either a lacerate slayer, an EK assassin or occultist, or some kind of ED build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Bugsy posted:

Not sure what I want to run for 2.4 at all.

Prophecy -
Saboteur Ice trap x2, died high 40's low 50's
Jugg EQ x 2, both died in the high 60's
Assassin Poison TS, reached 80
Jugg ED/Contagion (was going to go RF, but meh at this point in the league), reached 66

Perandus -
Necro SRS, stalled out mid 40's
Gladiator Reave, stalled out mid 50's
Elemental Iron Commander, reached 90

And a bunch of bladefall/bf totem/swt/rf totem guys in Talisman.

So I guess I should do some kind of witch caster then? I do not want to do either bladefall or blade vortex, pizza blast was pretty boring the last time I did it before the proliferation nerf, and not really feeling SRS as I have done it a couple times already. Any ideas guys?
Run a WI character!

• Locked thread