Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
From PYF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Ours didn't seem too bothered about her new passenger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBQmV7CHhb4

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

We don't let Waffles up on the bed very often, so when she gets up there she makes the most out of it:

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

They're just a bunch of shapes. Don't read too deeply into it.
How do you guys keep your corgi's teeth clean? I noticed mine has some grody build-up and tried using a dog brush set that made her gums bleed. The finger brush thing doesn't feel like it does much heavy duty work. I do give her CET dental treats and Greenies, but is there anything else I can do?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Have you tried a soft tooth brush? We use it on our chihuahua and it works well. Her gums will bleed but that's mostly from us not being able to brush her that much since she is a fricken princess.

LightspeedGoddess
Sep 7, 2016
Larger rawhides seem to be the ticket to keeping our Pembroke's teeth clean. I can't recall the brand just now but it's the bulk made-in-the-USA brand you can buy at Costco. She can sit there and work on the rawhide for hours; she'll go at it from all angles and uses her back teeth to work on getting to the inner portion of it. She's gotten compliments multiple times from the groomers because they almost never have any plaque to remove.

That being said, we've had to keep an eye on her with the rawhide. She will chew/gnaw her gums bloody until the entire rawhide is gone.

So perhaps a rawhide? Just make sure you keep an eye on the pup while they're working on it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

We did that until our pup chipped a tooth and had to have it removed :(

Now he's banned from bones and hard chews we're using toothbrushes and wipes and he hates, hates, hates them.

Not a great situation :(

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Yeah, mine cracked a tooth on hard chews, so she got banned from them. I've just resorted to taking her in once every year or so to get her teeth cleaned by the vet. Its expensive, but its actually doable.

When I try to brush her teeth she tries to bite my finger off. Even as a pup she's hated that poo poo.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm not much of an instagram person, but I would check on Loki The Corgi every so often. It appears he has passed due to kidney failure. I am sad.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm not much of an instagram person, but I would check on Loki The Corgi every so often. It appears he has passed due to kidney failure. I am sad.

I just saw this last night. He was only 5 years old.

Absolutely tragic.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Ohhh noooo :(

My sister's 10-year-old corgi died of apparent heart failure a month ago. :'( Now I have even less ways to vicariously enjoy corgis.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Soo much depressing news. Gotta go hug my Sam, despite her complaining.

She got a checkup at the vets last Friday, her weight spiked. Ran some blood to check her Thyroid, came back clean. Not sure why she spiked. She doesn't look like she's gained that weight but the hell do I know.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

My mom sends me pictures when Panda has vacation time at her house.

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

Quick paranoia check here with my fellow corgi parents... when you put both hands on your dog's smallest part of their waist, right in front of their back legs, do you feel a lump on each side? (Possibly where their kidneys are?) I don't really recall feeling it before. She's acting totally fine though, no signs of distress.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
I just checked Sam for you. Aside from the solidness of her internals I didn't feel anything in the area you were describing. The only 'lumps' I felt were on her bottom most ribs, but that is pretty far removed from the region you were describing.

E; I poked at her some more, much to her dispeasure. I think I can feel what you are talking about. It to me feels like a shaped extension of her internal organ cavity. They are fairly subtle and high up on her, closer to her spine. Maybe described as the 10:30 and 1:30 postions. Maybe large lime in size.

I really hope yours is okay, and its nothing. Too many good corgis have been lost this year already. And Sam really hates when I hug her.

Hobold fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 14, 2016

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Stopped posting here since over a year ago my corgi girl Indra passed away and I wasn't feeling like it's time for a new corgi, or any dog for a long while since I was barely able to handle her loss.
However, my dad stepped in and said gently caress off, look what I have here! Introducing Alwyn.

That was him getting a first impression of my camera, at the age of ~four weeks.
He's now at the age of 6 months and still impressed of that camera:

He's currently into trying to eat things that aren't edible and being majorly scared of things that may or may not move.
Sadly he is not living with me, but I'm meeting him a few days a week, so that's something. Afterall, a life without a corgi is possible, but also pointless.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
That is adorable :3

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

A.s.P. posted:

Quick paranoia check here with my fellow corgi parents... when you put both hands on your dog's smallest part of their waist, right in front of their back legs, do you feel a lump on each side? (Possibly where their kidneys are?) I don't really recall feeling it before. She's acting totally fine though, no signs of distress.

I felt something like this in my pup and went to get him checked, turned to be cancer. Stay on the safe side and get it checked.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Nobnob posted:

Stopped posting here since over a year ago my corgi girl Indra passed away and I wasn't feeling like it's time for a new corgi, or any dog for a long while since I was barely able to handle her loss.
However, my dad stepped in and said gently caress off, look what I have here! Introducing Alwyn.

That was him getting a first impression of my camera, at the age of ~four weeks.
He's now at the age of 6 months and still impressed of that camera:

He's currently into trying to eat things that aren't edible and being majorly scared of things that may or may not move.
Sadly he is not living with me, but I'm meeting him a few days a week, so that's something. Afterall, a life without a corgi is possible, but also pointless.

He's so cute!

To a corgi, all things are edible. Even the plastic screwcap on a puzzle toy. Dang it, Thorgi!

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I finally found a way to make Tegan stop eating her toys, now she only gets squeakies that are too big to fit fully in her mouth.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

An important part of socialization is getting out there and introducing your dog to the neighbors. :3:

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

Thanks

s.i.r.e. posted:

I felt something like this in my pup and went to get him checked, turned to be cancer. Stay on the safe side and get it checked.

I'm sorry to hear that. :smith:

Took the pup to the vet today to check out those lumps. Turns out it's just... fat. Thank goodness!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

A.s.P. posted:

I'm sorry to hear that. :smith:

Took the pup to the vet today to check out those lumps. Turns out it's just... fat. Thank goodness!

I'm glad it's nothing serious, my pup sadly passed away in my arms few months after I got the news. The absolute worst.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

The weather has recently turned much colder outside, but at least it is still toasty in front of the fireplace.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
corglords, meet lexi

she's a corgi/german shepherd/great dane mix that we rescued. we think she's about 9 weeks old. We have no idea which breed will win out in terms of size when she's grown up, but she's the runt of the litter (apparently her brothers were 2-3x her size). She seems to be stubby like a corgi but her looks scream GSD. Her fur is very short and fine like a great dane's, though.

she's our first puppy and we're currently exhausted from lack of sleep, but just look at that cute face. she's very sweet when she's not viciously attacking various objects. 3 weeks to go until she can play with other dogs and get out some of that puppy energy!

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Apparently George has decided to become super photogenic is his old age. Here he is with some friends at doggie daycare (he's on the right).

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Waffles may tolerate the cat stealing her bed, but that look in her eyes shows that she is quietly plotting her revenge.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Something like 15,000 years ago, dogs became domesticated. Let me tell you... they never looked back.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Waffles was very excited to be up and opening presents at 6:00 AM on Christmas morning.

She received a new squeaky ball as a Christmas present. She couldn't decide between the new one and her old one, so she just kept both very close nearby. :3:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
awwwwwwwwww

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

Anyone have a favorite corgi winter boot? I've tried three different kinds from Amazon (nylon ones with Velcro fasteners, silicone ones with Velcro, and rubber balloon ones) and they're all terrible.

Culex
Jul 22, 2007

Crime sucks.

A.s.P. posted:

Anyone have a favorite corgi winter boot? I've tried three different kinds from Amazon (nylon ones with Velcro fasteners, silicone ones with Velcro, and rubber balloon ones) and they're all terrible.

I personally like the Durable Dog booties, they have a split rubber cuff that keeps it from rotating around on the foot, and makes it harder for the dog to pull off. I don't have tons of experience with other brands since I've never had success with the condom/balloon ones or the junky nylon ones.

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

Culex posted:

I personally like the Durable Dog booties, they have a split rubber cuff that keeps it from rotating around on the foot, and makes it harder for the dog to pull off. I don't have tons of experience with other brands since I've never had success with the condom/balloon ones or the junky nylon ones.

Ah, those are the nylon Velcro ones I was referring to. They don't quite work for her because she trips on them and the developed a hole in the toe. They're also a bitch to get on her feet. The search continues.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So this past Monday I got a call from my friend telling me he found a stray Corgi and he wanted to know if I wanted him. Of course I did so now I got my own little one named Count:

Being a stray and all I got him squared away and vaccinated. He does have a black mass on his back that the vet said is fine for now it can be removed with no issue whenever I want (planning for sometime next month). He has a bit of hookworm that's being cared for right now with medication and he also may have an allergy which is also being worked on.

Overall he's fine but I have a question concerning his usual demeanor. The only other dog we have in the house right now is a 14 yr old Labrador. He's calm and chill now and I take that as being older and things like that so he's cool. But with Count I've always assumed Corgis are a more wild, active bunch. He isn't though, Count doesn't bark, he doesn't really run around much, and he just prefers to sleep for right now.

The vet did mention she was surprised at how calm and good with people he was. According to her Counts about 2-3 maybe. I'm not exactly worried about it and if I lucked out with a super chill Corg that's great but I'm just really curious.

My only guesses are maybe it's something with the previous diet he had or heck maybe I'm not doing enough to excite him? I'm new with Corgis so I just want to do right by him however I can.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They exist! I have three Corgis that all have varying personalities. The last one we got was a rescue from a puppy mill (and was an outside dog) and he is incredibly mild mannered, and only barks when our cars leave the driveway. He's definitely opened up a lot since we've gotten him but he still likes to keep to himself some times.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

That's actually really good to know. I plan on taking him to some dog parks and of course he's getting his walks in but I just wanted to be sure there isn't anything wrong there.

He's a good boy just also the sleepiest boy as well.

Got another question. Corgi farts, these are no joke. I've heard plain yogurt could help? Anything else to maybe clear that up?

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

Congrats on your new friend! Count is adorable!

My corgi is definitely the non-stop energy type, but I've met others that are more a dog of leisure, just chilling all day.

Dog farts - what kind of food do you give Count? Mine had bad poops and farts til I switched to grain free. I give her Taste of the Wild and some canned food mixed in.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

A.s.P. posted:

Congrats on your new friend! Count is adorable!

My corgi is definitely the non-stop energy type, but I've met others that are more a dog of leisure, just chilling all day.

Dog farts - what kind of food do you give Count? Mine had bad poops and farts til I switched to grain free. I give her Taste of the Wild and some canned food mixed in.

Right now I'm feeding him Blue Buffalo. I've heard of another brand, Natural Balance, that I wanted to ask his vet about. Really just want to get a good diet going in, since he was a stray I can't imagine what he's been eating.

He must have run away from somewhere because he's already neutered and he's housebroken. I don't question it but it definitely helps the process since that was all done in advance.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
We feed our corgi Blue Buffalo grain-free and he's not generally gassy. Every now and then he did kick in the afterburners running up the stairs, though.

Good on you rescuing a stray. I can't believe someone let that happen to a corgi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

Do you give Count any treats? If I take my dog off her usual food and treats routine that could cause some feisty toots too.

The idea of a corgi running away from home and being lost makes me so sad. Glad he's safe now. I'm going to hug my little one now. :kiddo:

• Locked thread