Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Controversial opinion: Dark Cloud 1 is better.

(DC2 is still really good though, just don't go overboard with the stupid camera and sphere golf and monster transforming and robot building poo poo.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Monica really got the short straw in that game. She couldn't fish, take pictures or play golf. Max got to ride a cool robot while she had the completely useless ability to transform into a monster identical to the ones you cut down by the hundreds. Also her weapon upgrade tree is a goddamn nightmare.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 24, 2016

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

(DC2 is still really good though, just don't go overboard with the stupid camera and sphere golf and monster transforming and robot building poo poo.)

Turning your pictures into inventions is really cool, though. The only thing that I prefer the first game for is the fishing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kanfy posted:

We've definitely reached a point where there are more pointless posts made by people trying fruitlessly to shame him out of this thread than there are from the guy himself.

I'd suggest that you just put him on ignore and move on instead.

well if he gets permabanned then that would solve the problem i think

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

DACK FAYDEN posted:

100% wrong.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Okage was witty but dated even when it came out in 2001, watch a youtube video of the combat and you'll know right away if it's for you or not, but it's a short game so

Whoa, no, Okage is like a 30-hour game at least. That's a lot of time to put into a game that has a weirdly sharp difficulty curve. It's pretty cruise, and then all of a sudden you run into Deep Grave Pit and the rest of the game is a cliff-faced slog. It's charming... but not charming enough for me to want to play it ever again, that's for sure.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Monica really got the short straw in that game. She couldn't fish, take pictures or play golf. Max got to ride a cool robot while she had the completely useless ability to transform into a monster identical to the ones you cut down by the hundreds. Also her weapon upgrade tree is a goddamn nightmare.

counterpoint: she has a loving sword!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also as opposed to max who had a bunch of different gun types, many of which had very powerful final upgrade forms, monica could only shoot elemental balls. sure, some stuff was only weak against magic damage, but max had guns that did magic damage!

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Some character and locale pictures for gravity rush 2:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/24/the-new-characters-and-places-in-gravity-rush-2/

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I guess TECHNICALLY there's Monica-Only stages. (but if you really just want to use Max only, you can grind money so you never have to do them)

(well theres Monica specific medals I guess?)

Also, I should get back to DC2, but losing health fruit to the dumb glitches in the third chapter defeated me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

Please tell us what led up to the planning of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

Yamagami (Nintendo Producer): 5 years ago, Ms. Ando proposed a plan [for a crossover], saying “You know, I think FE and Pokemon‘s rules are pretty compatible!” Though I agreed with her, by chance the Pokemon group had already proposed what eventually became Pokemon Conquest at the same time [so we were unable to follow through].

Ando (Nintendo Director): Yes, which I was in charge of too.

Yamagami (Nintendo Producer): As the plan was a secret, she was put in charge of that first. (Laughs). And then, it took her less than a week to say, “Here’s the next plan.” The new plan was a collaboration with Atlus. At that time, new games like Xenoblade and Pandora’s Tower were coming out, and, because I myself was quite interested in Atlus’s games, I figured “This could work!” At first, we made informal plans within our own small group, but…

Takata (Atlus Producer): At that time, the organization itself was undergoing changes. and it was almost impossible to deal with Atlus as a second party, and so we almost decided to give up on it. After roughly 2 years, we heard from Hiraoka (board member at Atlus), “Let’s try to collaborate and level up by making an RPG together.” After that, we attempted to contact Nintendo repeatedly, asking “Do you want to bring that RPG to life [with us]?”

Yamagami (Nintendo Producer): We replied immediately with, “Let’s do it!” We then quickly began to draft plans for the game, still only having a rough idea of what it would be. And so, we released an image that showed, “Shin Megami Tensei Meets Fire Emblem” to the public.

loving pokemon conquest ruined everything

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Actually it led to Tokyo Mirage Sessions so it ruined nothing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pokemon x fe would have basically been the same thing as pokemon conquest, and tokyo mirage sessions is like an 8/10 so

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
fire emblem + ar tonelico influence, thanks.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
please make SMT x Atelier

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Mr. Pool posted:

I just finished my 5th playthough of Age of Decadence. I enjoyed the heck out of this highly-branching cyoa novel that also happens to have tilemapped turn based combat. What else should I be playing?

also throwing out geneforge. you can get the series on steam for probably 20ish dollars, but the games are lengthier than AoD. geneforge 1 also has an ending where you become a crazed powerful god creature, much like AoD

I also beat AoD like 5 times. I can understand why people don't like it but it just hit an itch that i didn't realize i had.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 25, 2016

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Is Technomancer as bad as it looks ? Combat seems so bad, dunno about setting/story/dialogues/etc.

Anyone played it ?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

Atelier x Dark Cloud

item synthesis, dungeon crawling and town building

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Atelier Neptunia

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Atelier Neptunia

If you want to play an Atelier game about a bunch of moe'd up goddesses who rule magical floating islands just play Ar Tonelcio.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Atelier Neptunia

I'll buy it

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Atelier Neptunia

I would give that a crack.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

actually there's already an atelier character in the neptunia games, just make a spinoff starring her

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually there's already an atelier character in the neptunia games, just make a spinoff starring her
GUST was only in one game and died on the way back to her homeplanet

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Gust died with Nisa

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Megatelier Victory Gust

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
seriously though, i'd buy a game that's just regular atelier with the cast of neptunia acting as your friends who you take out to fight bosses and interact with in goofy cutscenes

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

GUST was only in one game and died on the way back to her homeplanet

it's okay we found her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSSEkZqusnM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

land of no night is purgatory

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

atelier neptunia is an actual good idea someone tell gust about it

the alchemist of gamindustri

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

A cute, chill game where you summon horrible demons and fuse them and use them to make items?

I'd buy it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

atelier neptunia is an actual good idea someone tell gust about it

the alchemist of gamindustri

you have to synthesize doujin video games for your friends

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zereth posted:

A cute, chill game where you summon horrible demons and fuse them and use them to make items?

I'd buy it.

You could already do that in Persona 3 :v:.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

nep discovers a floating game manual with all the pages blank and must synthesize a bunch of videogames to restore it, also the manual turns into a hot chick

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
name me a rpg game on the pc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

meet and gently caress kingdom

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

geneforge 2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tired Moritz posted:

victim of xen

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

The Colonel posted:

victim of xen

You monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

ZZZorcerer posted:

Is Technomancer as bad as it looks ? Combat seems so bad, dunno about setting/story/dialogues/etc.

Anyone played it ?

The combat is atrocious, but the setting and RPG bits are passable.