Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I don't know why I said pooki. I don't know pooki.

I didn't know I made that post til just now. sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Not to backseat mod or anything, but Elsa called him out with a passive aggressive backhanded insult in this here thread thread. If this thread is indeed going to be chill no sperg zone then posting snipey stuff in it shouldn't be allowed, and it certainly shouldn't be the person responding to the snipey stuff that catches the probate.

EDIT: This is not to say Pooki is a swell guy without anger issues our anything :v:

Namaste or something.

Same except I was also called out unfairly

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Syndic Thrass posted:

Same except I was also called out unfairly

yeah I apologize. Last night around midnight was a tumultuous period in my life.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I was younger back then.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

i am gay
namaste

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

ChickenWing posted:

i am gay
namaste
:same:

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

would anyone be interested in a several hundred word story about the history and discovery of hyperdunking?

X

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

Not to backseat mod or anything, but Elsa called him out with a passive aggressive backhanded insult in this here thread thread. If this thread is indeed going to be chill no sperg zone then posting snipey stuff in it shouldn't be allowed, and it certainly shouldn't be the person responding to the snipey stuff that catches the probate.

EDIT: This is not to say Pooki is a swell guy without anger issues our anything :v:

Namaste or something.

It's not backseat modding. I went via the report and the thread title. I didn't stop to look at the post concerning the blowup. I have put in a day for you as well Rain. It is only fair. If you're going to do that kind of post then please not in the chill thread.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
dude needs to stop taking ambien and/or posting

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Please all go back to the bad thread.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

I'm considering cancelling my sub, when I hit 100m sp on chickenwing (1.6m to go), tell me inspiring stories of how you're currently having Actual Real Fun in the game so that I don't do it

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I'm mining in my newbie Venture while drinking beer, that is fun!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ChickenWing posted:

I'm considering cancelling my sub, when I hit 100m sp on chickenwing (1.6m to go), tell me inspiring stories of how you're currently having Actual Real Fun in the game so that I don't do it

This was fun. And the killmail server shat itself so a killmail wasn't even generated. And we floated around in 100km missile range crows and shot people. I had a good morning all in all.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

NtotheTC posted:

This was fun. And the killmail server shat itself so a killmail wasn't even generated. And we floated around in 100km missile range crows and shot people. I had a good morning all in all.
Don't try to anchor a Keepstar in K-space unless you're part of the MBC.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Morris posted:

Is RVCMF still active? If there's no wardec maybe I'll drop in my incursion alt.

Not super active, it had a spike and then has cooled off I think. However, I still log in to it fairly frequently with an alt when I want to get away from the hustle and bustle. No current wardec, so drop in sometime.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Krogort posted:

Don't try to anchor a Keepstar in K-space unless you're part of the MBC.

Whose was it?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

Whose was it?

Project Mayhem

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Word is pl/nc dropped everything and the dog on it, confirm?

When are those two gonna stop rimjobbing each other on the reg and realise that they'd have a lot more to do with their time if they unblued each other.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

MorsAnima posted:

Word is pl/nc dropped everything and the dog on it, confirm?

When are those two gonna stop rimjobbing each other on the reg and realise that they'd have a lot more to do with their time if they unblued each other.

"Bu-bu but we're not blue all the time and only for super stuff that actually matters, we shoot each other all the time something something gudfites"

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Sunber posted:

"Bu-bu but we're not blue all the time and only for super stuff that actually matters, we shoot each other all the time something something gudfites"

PL and NCDOTTE haven't been not blue since like 2010

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Landsknecht posted:

PL and NCDOTTE haven't been not blue since like 2010

I'm 99% sure I've seen some spin that they fight each other since then

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Sunber posted:

I'm 99% sure I've seen some spin that they fight each other since then

that's from your own leadership i am a huge prick

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

that's from your own leadership i am a huge prick

I meant from pl people, why would gsf claim that nc and pl aren't anything but an old married couple?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

NC. and PL did fight about two years ago but thats because travis musgrat is a huge manbaby and got REAL MAD PL shot his neutral supercap building alt corp.

Because you should know that a random corp in black core alliance is a NC. alt corp.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Sunber posted:

I meant from pl people, why would gsf claim that nc and pl aren't anything but an old married couple?

i don't know, why don't you ask them?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

i don't know, why don't you ask them?

They usually can't help but spam the thread near daily, so I think by posting it in this thread, it is virtually asking them.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

remember when this was the chill thread? go back to the shitflinging thread with that, and let us talk about bad fits here.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

yes please resume being chill in the chill thread and move politics to the politics thread thanks and god bless

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
could someone share a decent fit for solo roaming in delve?

im after something cheap(ish), with decent dps so that i can catch those lonely svipul campers and poo poo.
maybe something cloaky, that is always fun.

but not something that is superhard to fly, because im really bad.

thaanks!

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

remember when this was the chill thread? go back to the shitflinging thread with that, and let us talk about bad fits here.

The worst thing about neutral cyno alts is that they are in NPC corps. As a glutton for punishment, I sometimes read Corp chat. Yesterday there was a discussion about the best frigate for solo pvp for characters one week old or less. There was a guy in there talking about how an experienced pvp player could take a one week old character in a Tristan and "relatively easily" solo with it against other frigates, plus destroyers and cruisers.

Which brings me to my question for you good goons: what is the best low-skill point (1m SP and under) t1 or faction frigate, and how would you fit it?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Dramiels and Asteros and Garmurs. Also Firetails and Slicers and Comets with the police skin :siren:. Many faction frigates are pretty on point but you still have to learn to fly them and you still will need skills to fit properly.

Comets with the police skin are really fun to fly and Garmurs are broken as gently caress on point (same with their cruiser cousin).

PS I am not a "good" goon and will not list fits for this reason :v:

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 25, 2016

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
1M doesn't give you a lot to work with but I would go for one of: garmur, slicer, merlin, incursus, tristan. Kiting condors used to be a thing but maybe they got nerfed? Any of those except the condor could win against a destroyer or cruiser if they are careful about getting the right fight.

If you really want to know what is cool and good with frigates you should ask faction warfare guys.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Slicer and Garmur are probably not great for super-low SP due to the need for high navigation skills and the big per-level bonuses (especially the Garmur which requires 2 skills).

Suitonia (eveiseasy on youtube) has videos where he takes fights in 3-week old characters in a Kestrel and Executioner. Although bear in mind that he uses a highly targeted skill plan. Incursus, Atron, Tormentor, Merlin would probably also work.

I brought some of his Executioner fits down to Delve thinking the QFC would be a good place to practice solo pvp without the various artificial mechanics of FW space but ha ha :rip:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Morris posted:

I brought some of his Executioner fits down to Delve thinking the QFC would be a good place to practice solo pvp without the various artificial mechanics of FW space but ha ha :rip:

I've been buried under an audit for the past three months. Why is this :rip:?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
qfc ded

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Ah. And nothing of value was lost.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

That's the dude who was screaming about someone leaving his precious space guild for three months straight. He has issues differentiating between the chill thread and the poo poo thread.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

The worst thing about neutral cyno alts is that they are in NPC corps. As a glutton for punishment, I sometimes read Corp chat. Yesterday there was a discussion about the best frigate for solo pvp for characters one week old or less. There was a guy in there talking about how an experienced pvp player could take a one week old character in a Tristan and "relatively easily" solo with it against other frigates, plus destroyers and cruisers.

Which brings me to my question for you good goons: what is the best low-skill point (1m SP and under) t1 or faction frigate, and how would you fit it?

Suitonia made a really good video about a 14-day old newbie friendly Rifter fit you can use for solo pvp.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's the dude who was screaming about someone leaving his precious space guild for three months straight. He has issues differentiating between the chill thread and the poo poo thread.

This is still unchill

please be chill

namaste

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

This is still unchill

please be chill

namaste

The Widow is the best BLOPS in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

The Widow is the best BLOPS in the game.

trolling and lying are both unchill

• Locked thread