Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Anyone who didn't pledge high enough to get a house: in-game lottery for property lots starts with this release tomorrow.

Be prepared to pay the upkeep (lmao gently caress that).

Row: 500 gold per day
Village: 1000 gold per day
Town: 2000 gold per day
City: 3500 gold per day

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Alexander DeLarge posted:

That is like an absolutely nothing amount of cash.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The upkeep on a row lot is something I would be prepared to pay. Nothing larger though.
Especially the taxable city deed lol.

Also lottery tickets are something like 5k each for POT ones and 10k for 'anywhere' deeds.
I'm not buying any tickets because I already have what I want.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I think for town+ you're expected to go in with some people.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

I think for town+ you're expected to go in with some people.

Quite likely.

I just had a polite argument with a player who believes the tax rate is far too high. They've been playing since R32 launched weeks ago and have amassed a "fortune" totalling 250 gold.

How... :psyduck:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

Quite likely.

I just had a polite argument with a player who believes the tax rate is far too high. They've been playing since R32 launched weeks ago and have amassed a "fortune" totalling 250 gold.

How... :psyduck:

I'm sitting at just over 20k now. I can kill four of those fighters wielding halberds in Serpent's Spine Foothills at once, and get tons of cotton and maple with it. When I get encumbered, the amount of halberds I sell get me more than 2500 gold each time, and it only gets higher as my strength and that encumbrance skill increases.

If anyone feels like being a good samaritan, can you let me know if you see an unlocked Shingle Village House with Overhang, and the Small Old Keep? I want to see what the interior is like. Also, how does switching houses work in this game when you have a basement and a house filled with poo poo? Where do your things get saved? Does the stuff in the basement get saved too?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I found one unlocked the other day but can't remember where sorry. Do run throughs in various PaxLair style NPC towns that haven't been uncloned yet, that's all I can suggest to find it again because that's what I was doing at the time.

In R31 I swapped out my house in Jaanaford a few times and the basement contents were saved, though I had to place the hatch again. If you move lots entirely then it gets dumped into your bank again.
If I recall correctly. Worst case the Estgard bank is really close.

Certainly if I swap out my house (which I might do on a whim sometime) I'll dump all my chests and things in the basement first.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 25, 2016

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Hometown or whatever it's called is coming back in 33. It's a whole town filled with unlocked houses you can peek in. I think it's off the coast in Novia near Ardoris.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
What should I be doing as a completely new character? I can't even kill a skeleton in a two skull area :/

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Go kill skeletons in a 1-skull area.

The catacombs in SolTown are a good spot to start.

Combo Question - Do combos skill up like other things? Or is their effectiveness determined by the skills being combined?

Also, is it worth continuing to skill up my initial weapon skills once I've unlocked the more advanced ones?

At what point can I run Tower of the Shuttered Eye?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Remember how the guards in Estgard said "Halt, papers please!" when you ran through the gates. Well, that little low palisade with no gate is now a massive stone wall with massive gates and guards who refuse to open them without papers. So if you live in Estgard, you'd better head to Resolute to get access.

Meanwhile I'm squirreling around the perimeter with everything I had in other banks trying to find a hidden entrance!

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Estgard has changed a lot! There is now some sort of quest line to get into our town :|

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Akion posted:

Go kill skeletons in a 1-skull area.

The catacombs in SolTown are a good spot to start.

Combo Question - Do combos skill up like other things? Or is their effectiveness determined by the skills being combined?

Also, is it worth continuing to skill up my initial weapon skills once I've unlocked the more advanced ones?

At what point can I run Tower of the Shuttered Eye?

Combos average the level of the two skills

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
LOL "I live here, ya bastard!"

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

LOL "I live here, ya bastard!"

Very much so.. Any idea how to get these papers? I've been loving about it resolute for a bit but can't figure it out. None of the NPCs respond to my demand for papers.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

yoloer420 posted:

Very much so.. Any idea how to get these papers? I've been loving about it resolute for a bit but can't figure it out. None of the NPCs respond to my demand for papers.

Apparently you have to start in highwhatever, the tutorial zone.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
goddam plot getting in the way of getting in your trailer parkpalatial estate

If you started in Highvale you already did step 1, go to step 2, otherwise:

1) go to highvale, find "dying knight" on ground at the top of a hill, talk to him and get his "amulet of testimony"
2) go to resolute, find live drunk knight named Brigid in tavern, talk to her, she will trade his amulet for hers and tell you to go to Valhold yet (don't bother, it's still buggy/incomplete)
3) now that you have her amulet the guards will let you pass

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 25, 2016

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Lum_ posted:

Thanks!

So uh, I'd done that about an hour ago, I was messing about trying to complete more Resolute quests to get 'papers'. I didn't realise the amulet was it!

Edit: nope :(

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 25, 2016

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
There are multiple paths to get into the city, that's the easiest. They'll give you smack about giving a traitor the time of day but open the gates for you since she sent you on a ~~MISSION~~

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
You can also find the paperwork of a dead guard in Highvale and pretend to be him, if you're carrying "Identification Papers: Tracy of Resolute" around they'll work. You'll be a filthy filthy liar though

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Goddamnit, my house in Estgard is facing a wall instead of the street it is on. It looks goofy as hell.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Node posted:

Goddamnit, my house in Estgard is facing a wall instead of the street it is on. It looks goofy as hell.

Since the amulet method doesn't seem to work I guess I'll head back to highvale tomorrow and see if I can find those papers.

Thankfully someone opened the doors, so I can log out in this sweet row house :D

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I just got a bug report that one of the gates may be bugged, you could have gotten that one. I'll look into it regardless, you're not the only one complaining of being gate-blocked

Edit: you can thank my boss for saying "you locked the gate where people live? wtf". Next live patch (prolly tonight) it'll be just open without any requirements again and will remain so until the entire quest line is complete and everyone has plenty of warning.

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 25, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lum_ posted:

I just got a bug report that one of the gates may be bugged, you could have gotten that one. I'll look into it regardless, you're not the only one complaining of being gate-blocked

Edit: you can thank my boss for saying "you locked the gate where people live? wtf". Next live patch (prolly tonight) it'll be just open without any requirements again and will remain so until the entire quest line is complete and everyone has plenty of warning.

I'd say all of the gates are bugged. The guards recognize Brigid's amulet of testimony and talk badly about her but that's the extent of their reactions.
(mentioned it in the bug forums for tracking)

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
The gate that you get to if you follow the road straight in did not open. I went around to the other gates and they opened after I showed Knight Tracy's papers to the respective guards.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Unctuous Cretin posted:

The gate that you get to if you follow the road straight in did not open. I went around to the other gates and they opened after I showed Knight Tracy's papers to the respective guards.

Where did you find her corpse?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
You nerfed the selling price of halberds from Serpent's Spine Foothills, didn't you Lum? Didn't you!?

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

The game: yay or nay?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

DancingShade posted:

Where did you find her corpse?

It was one of the one's in the city. Try the top of the stairs leading to the central keep.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Degs posted:

The game: yay or nay?

Ask again in a year or two.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Node posted:

You nerfed the selling price of halberds from Serpent's Spine Foothills, didn't you Lum? Didn't you!?

That's atos' department.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Lum_ posted:

goddam plot getting in the way of getting in your trailer parkpalatial estate

If you started in Highvale you already did step 1, go to step 2, otherwise:

1) go to highvale, find "dying knight" on ground at the top of a hill, talk to him and get his "amulet of testimony"
2) go to resolute, find live drunk knight named Brigid in tavern, talk to her, she will trade his amulet for hers and tell you to go to Valhold yet (don't bother, it's still buggy/incomplete)

I got no amulet from Brigid. My life is ruined.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Greymark Forest got changed quite a bit too. It's 5 skull difficulty now, although it's really more like 4. There are much less elves. There are kobold camps, and the elves fight them. All the elves sometimes forget to equip their weapons, so mages and archers will just beat you with their fists. There are elder wolves on the outskirts and the occasional bear patriarch too. And there are clay deposits to mine.

Its a much less lucrative place to earn gold, unless this elven weapon that some elves are supposed to rarely have can drop here.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
There wasn't any patch notes posted to the web site yet (they went up on Steam earlier, going up on the web now - we had auth issues thanks to another bug that was blocking web site logins, yay) but as of this PM no one in Estgard gives a crap any more and the doors are perpetually open (and will remain so until we finish that part of the game).

Everything else incomplete is for you to discover and yell about at your leisure.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Node posted:

Greymark Forest got changed quite a bit too.

Surprisingly we do basic data mining and figure out when one zone gives 99% of XP gain for the entire game.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

That's atos' department.

Actually it's a cooperative endeavor but still not mine, I just worry about the plot crap that few here are concerned with unless they need to powerlevel through quests quickly.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Lum_ posted:

Surprisingly we do basic data mining and figure out when one zone gives 99% of XP gain for the entire game.

Wow, was it really that concentrated?

You may want to patch in sometime the elves there so they equip their weapons, it makes mages and archers relatively harmless.

Node fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 26, 2016

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Node posted:

You may want to patch in the elves so they equip their weapons, it makes mages and archers relatively harmless.

Mages should still be fine (they have spells like players do) but I'll mention it to the designer who redid the scene tomorrow

And yeah most of the longterm powerleveller types hang out in Hidden Vale because it's home to the most busted out of balance content. I cringe every time I get a bug report on the Clink dungeon, which literally no one has looked at in 3 years and was the first dungeon in the entire game. YES I KNOW IT'S BROKEN, WE HAVE OTHERS, GET OUT

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Has anyone seen somewhere near Estgard that sells weapons? I've found recipes and armour but no swords :(

I'd like to avoid walking to Ardoris or somewhere else on the other side of the map if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lum_ posted:

so what % of the silver came from hilt fortress