Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Kopijeger posted:

Is this code for "blond and blue-eyed"?

yes, which furthermore is just code for weaboo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I didn't even know that report was actually initiated by the Bundesrechnungshof.. That's hilarious by itself.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Earthquake in Italy only a few days after all this fuss about stockpiling. Precautionary measures my rear end, they know something we don't. Probably related to fracking!

Grenzen sofort dicht gegen ausländische Erdbeben!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

Earthquake in Italy only a few days after all this fuss about stockpiling. Precautionary measures my rear end, they know something we don't. Probably related to fracking!

Grenzen sofort dicht gegen ausländische Erdbeben!

Considering how much Germany is pushing earthquake machines Geothermal energy, I have some bad news for you...

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

waitwhatno posted:

(But I think that's because they grew up in the Soviet Union, not because they are scared of Abdul blowing up a Windrad.)

If Abdul wanted to cause a blackout he shouldn't blow up windrads but petition for more of them to be built.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Finanzgoons help!
My local Postbank agent is pushing hard to sell me the PB Förder-Rente because "just think of all the savings you get through Riester" and such. But I'm only a dumb engineer and don't know poo poo about finances and all their illegible Randbedingungen. I know from some pages back that some here are way more into this topic, so any opinions on that?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Did he/she cold-call you? Just tell them you aren't interested.

Postbank is particularly aggressive about trying to sell you extra poo poo. Otherwise I've been with them for like two years now and haven't ever had a problem, and once you make it clear to them that you don't want to be cold-called, they'll usually stop.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
You could also make fart noises when you answer the phone, or you know, actually rip one loud enough.

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Aug 24, 2016

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Riestern ist für den Arsch.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

bronin posted:

Riestern ist für den Arsch.

Riestern is good for the banks and insurers.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Yes, I was cold-called and because I am dumb and naive, I went to an appointment and obvs the dude is now pushing even more.
I tried checking the numbers with simple math.

His offer is basically "pay 137€ monthly from now until Rente, then get lebenslang 342€ monthly" (provided all those weird market Zins percentages don't act funny in the meantime).

So I multiply the 137€ with 'months until Rente' and get about 51k that I will pay in total.
Lebenserwartung is about 77 years (says Wikipedia), so I probably get that extra Rente for 12 years, which is about 49k.

So the only way to really profit from this is to live as long as possible, like at least another 10 years, to properly cash out. Which is a dumb plan because it also assumes that the market will be super stable for the next 30 years.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Lol, they're making GBS threads you big time. You didn't even calculate interest. Slap 1.5 or 2 % on top and look what you have after 30 years.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
why not ask HIM to do the math? ask him for eveything

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

InappropriateJazz posted:

Yes, I was cold-called and because I am dumb and naive, I went to an appointment and obvs the dude is now pushing even more.

His offer is basically "pay 137€ monthly from now until Rente, then get lebenslang 342€ monthly" (provided all those weird market Zins percentages don't act funny in the meantime).

So I multiply the 137€ with 'months until Rente' and get about 51k that I will pay in total.
Lebenserwartung is about 77 years (says Wikipedia), so I probably get that extra Rente for 12 years, which is about 49k.

So the only way to really profit from this is to live as long as possible, like at least another 10 years, to properly cash out. Which is a dumb plan because it also assumes that the market will be super stable for the next 30 years.

Just loving say "no". Ain't that hard.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

Just loving say "no". Ain't that hard.

Sometimes those guys can be incredibly obnoxious. I had a case where I was dumb enough to agree to let my energy costs be compared and it ended with me first changing my gas supplier, then my power supplier. Sure, I saved some money, but a year later the same guys started pestering me again and just wouldn't take no for an answer.

The guys even phoned me on Saturdays and late in the evening! First I just said no, then I started screaming at them. They still loving called me, just with different people at the phone every time!

Then I just ignored them for a while, but they continued calling me, trying to get me to change energy suppliers again. It got so bad I started to just sigh and put the phone down when I noticed it was them again. For a while, I considered buying a new phone just because my old one can't display the numbers of callers, so I couldn't evade their calls most of the time.

The only solution which stopped them for good was one I wasn't proud of: I started claiming I had no time right now, but maybe a couple days later? Then I would make a telephone appointment on a day where I was absolutely sure I wouldn't be at home. After the third try they got the message and the telephone terrorism stopped.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Libluini posted:

The only solution which stopped them for good was one I wasn't proud of: I started claiming I had no time right now, but maybe a couple days later? Then I would make a telephone appointment on a day where I was absolutely sure I wouldn't be at home. After the third try they got the message and the telephone terrorism stopped.

I do that always :D

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Libluini posted:

just wouldn't take no for an answer.

This is Germany. Ask them for a mailing address and threaten to send them a written request to cease the sales calls. It's been my experience that Germans are terrified of receiving mail, like they have some kind of terrible magic enchantment on them.

Or just block the number, probably the easier and more passive-aggressive thing to do.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Drone posted:

This is Germany. Ask them for a mailing address and threaten to send them a written request to cease the sales calls. It's been my experience that Germans are terrified of receiving mail, like they have some kind of terrible magic enchantment on them.
You probably could send them a certified mail, and then sue them if they ignore it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

InappropriateJazz posted:

Good news: Ye probably gonna live much longer than 77, since that's just the number extrapolated from past life expectancy increase. Biotech is off the hook right now, artificial organs and cancer treatments everywhere, death uncertain.

If Renteneintrittsalter doesn't catch up with you, you have a tiny chance to make some money here. Still, probably better to invest in beanni babies or rare Ü-Eier Figuren. Can I be your Finanzberater?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

MSCI World ETF

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

MSCI World ETF

Sozialdemokratischer Marodeur: Nettes Portfolio haben Sie da, wäre doch schade, wenn da jemand die Investmentbesteuerung ändern würde...

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Bundesverfassungsgericht stellt fest: Österreicher sind im Wesentlichen Bayern und somit wie Bayern zu behandeln

az
Dec 2, 2005

waitwhatno posted:

Good news: Ye probably gonna live much longer than 77, since that's just the number extrapolated from past life expectancy increase. Biotech is off the hook right now, artificial organs and cancer treatments everywhere, death uncertain.

If Renteneintrittsalter doesn't catch up with you, you have a tiny chance to make some money here. Still, probably better to invest in beanni babies or rare Ü-Eier Figuren. Can I be your Finanzberater?

Um excuse me, are you telling me I've been chainsmoking all this time to avoid climate change mad max and big $cience is going to keep me alive? Goddamn socialized medicine.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

I endorse this product and/or service.

az
Dec 2, 2005

You have a lot to explain Bayern.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Not so sovereign citizen shot by police

http://www.mz-web.de/burgenlandkreis/update--eskalation-im--reich-ur---schuesse-verletzen-polizisten-und-mister-germany-24644132

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

In principle it's sad when someone dies an avoidable death... but lol nothing of value was lost (besides minor Realsatire).

Also why do these nutsos think that a ~State~ is some magical thing and not just an arbitrary concept made by people that is occasionally useful.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

blowfish posted:

In principle it's sad when someone dies an avoidable death... but lol nothing of value was lost (besides minor Realsatire).

Also why do these nutsos think that a ~State~ is some magical thing and not just an arbitrary concept made by people that is occasionally useful.

So far it actually seems like nobody died (yet). The Reichsbürger was reported severely injured and flown to a hospital, two policemen lightly injured.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Perestroika posted:

So far it actually seems like nobody died (yet). The Reichsbürger was reported severely injured and flown to a hospital, two policemen lightly injured.

So if he dies in hospital I will get hate mail from Verschwörungstheoretiker over having been in the know that the doctors were replaced by BRD GmBH agents? :munch:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
he was an ex Mr. Germany, literally

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

blowfish posted:

So if he dies in hospital I will get hate mail from Verschwörungstheoretiker over having been in the know that the doctors were replaced by BRD GmBH agents? :munch:
If it's a state-run hospital, they're already employees of the BRD GmbH already. :tinfoil:

The Real Foogla posted:

he was an ex Mr. Germany, literally
But not Mr. BRD.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

HERR DEUTSCHES REICH ZWEITAUSENDSECHZEHN

*läßt Briefmarke weg* *wird von Polizei GmbH erschossen*

fakeedit: ZWEIHUNDERT Sek-Beamte?? :wtf: (okok und Bereitschaftspolizei)

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 25, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

blowfish posted:

Capacity for abstract/non-magical thought is already here, just distributed unevenly.

(excuse my posting here; I'm living in your country for the summer and get all my news from comedy discussion forums)

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

hosed up that Germany is just allowed to occupy a sovereign state like that imo

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Doc Hawkins posted:

Capacity for abstract/non-magical thought is already here, just distributed unevenly.

(excuse my posting here; I'm living in your country for the summer and get all my news from comedy discussion forums)

There's nothing to excuse, everybody is welcome. And this thread can be a bit dead at times, so getting a bit of fresh blood (even just for the summer) is good.

Now please remember, no posting in this thread on Sundays! (Just kidding)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

hosed up that Germany is just allowed to occupy a sovereign state like that imo

Seit 5.45 wird zurückgetrollt.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

The Real Foogla posted:

why not ask HIM to do the math? ask him for eveything
Because these people never tell you what the real deal is. They're trained to point at some numbers and sell, not to be honest.

So yeah, I'm going to say no if that wasn't clear. Still doesn't hurt to look at insurance and do some calculations, you know.
Now on with the Reichsbürger-Plauderei, because that is way more entertaining.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

aphid_licker posted:

fakeedit: ZWEIHUNDERT Sek-Beamte?? :wtf: (okok und Bereitschaftspolizei)

The fearsome power of a true and noble citizen of the proud German Reich is not to be underestimated

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

*bullets harmlessly bounce off his glistening Aryan abs* Fools... I'm not even at my full power...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

System Metternich posted:

*bullets harmlessly bounce off his glistening Aryan abs* Fools... I'm not even at my full power...

"These bullets were procured under the Munitionsbeschaffungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz...they can not hurt me."