Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My older nephew has a little brother who hasn't started talking yet. He refers to the little dude as "My baby."

My sister brought Evan, the older one, a present. Evan's been taught that it's rude to ask for presents before they're offered. Ever the clever one, Evan looked up at my sister with big eyes.

"My baby really wants to know what you got me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
6-year-old niece to the dog: "Sit!"
3-year-old niece to the dog: "Stand on one foot"

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I dye my hair about once a month. It's been white/blue/green etc past few months. I just dyed it purple and my 2 year old saw it for the first time.

The whole day she didn't say anything about it until finally she was sitting on the counter brushing her teeth. She stopped suddenly, reached up gently and pet my head: "I like your hair, mommy."

I just :3:

Nobody else's opinions matter to me. Just hers.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
At dinner a couple of weeks ago my Sister In law complimenting my step-mothers roast vegtables:
"I'd be skinny if all vegetables were like this". To which her 5 year old, without looking up from her plate replied:
"But you're not." Then carried on eating.

pepsigloworm
Mar 11, 2005
Moo
I'm helping a 4 year old boy put on sun-screen:
Him: "Y'know, Ms. Gloworm, I've seen Transformers."
Me: "Oh yeah?"
Him: "Yeah. And in the movie they eat sun-screen."
Me: .....
Him: .....
Me: "Do you mean Starscream?"
Him: "Yeah!"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tea Bone posted:

At dinner a couple of weeks ago my Sister In law complimenting my step-mothers roast vegtables:
"I'd be skinny if all vegetables were like this". To which her 5 year old, without looking up from her plate replied:

Did they find the body?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
From Facebook:

quote:

After our first talk about sex and babies my then 4 year old asked me "how did daddy get a new penis after he put his inside of you?"

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Tea Bone posted:

Some of the best burns come from kids just being brutally honest.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Intoluene posted:

Some of the best burns come from kids just being brutally honest.

One of my favorite burns of all time.

quote:

"You've got no kids, no wife, no job, and you're not in The Tigger Movie!!!"

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I had the best little dude at work this morning. As his mom is unloading her cart he proudly announces, "I got a new guy!" Assuming he meant an action figure I asked who it was. "It's Daddy!," he declares happily, then adding, "He's at work." To continue the conversation I asked what his Daddy does at work----kid thinks for a second then says, "He breaks stuff. An' PawPaw fixes it." This makes the mom laugh as well, more so as I'm handing her the receipt and the little guy sighs and shrugs exactly like the :shrug: smilie and adds, "I wish I was a submarine. I wish mommy was a submarine."

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
I've been letting my son play retro arcade games on an emulator recently. Leading to him asking me "Can I play Catholics and Dinosaurs again?".

My kid has a great career ahead of him in game development.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I'm on the bus now, and there is a little boy chanting "shake your bum!" over and over, as he busts a move and shakes his bum. His mom is laughing too hard to effectively get him to stop

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

genetic_knockout posted:

His mom is laughing too hard to effectively get him to stop

Thank heavens!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

My 6 year old nephew beat me in chess yesterday, all the while pointing out flaws in my dumbass strategies :negative:

Edit: Same nephew who last year ran into the living room without pants singing "butt butt butt" while shaking his butt.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
This is more of a "poo poo parents say," but I just really liked it -

Overheard at a store:

Little Boy: Why can't I have it [this toy]?
Dad: Because you don't have a job.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Scene: Grocery store, shopping.

Wife: What do you want for dinner?
Our 5 year old son: Macaroni cheese. (sideways look) Have you heard of this?
Wife: Yes, I can make that.
Son: Good.

I thought it was funny because of the way he paused and looked at her like "hmm I guess this could be a strange and exotic new foodstuff unknown to mother until now, I had better ensure she is up to the task"

Also our boys go to daycare with a kid nasmed Finnegan, but they can't pronounce it so they are always talking about what they and Figgyden did together. It's adoreable.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
(My 3 year old): Look at my painting!
(Me): Cool! I like the colors, what is this big yellow square?
(My 3 year old): My school
(Me): Very nice, and what's this red stuff all over your school?
(My 3 year old): Fire!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

U-DO Burger posted:

My 4-year-old burst in on me while I was playing Dark Souls 3, right as I triggered the Wolnir boss fight. Just for reference, here's what you see when the fight begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtq9ekHPhJE&t=55s

I was freaking out because 'oh god it's a giant skeleton monster I'm gonna die', but my daughter was just so delighted.

"IT'S A DINOSAUR SKELETON!!" :swoon:

I flailed around for a bit, dealing barely any damage to the boss, and then it summoned army of human-sized skeleton warriors that converged on me.

"AWW, LOOK THE MOMMY DINOSAUR SKELETON HAS BABY SKELETONS!" :swoon:

And then I got horribly murdered. My daughter laughed at me and said "YOU DIED" in the most condescending way I've ever heard her say anything to me. And then she asked me to go fight the skeleton again.

Good times.

When my guild downed Arthus my twin daughters watched the fight, a glitch kicked me off the platform when Arthus "kills" the party so I didn't get the end animation. I was all !NERD SAD! and my daughter put her hand on my forearm and said "I'm sorry you lost your fight daddy"

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
If you don't follow Kate Beaton on twitter (https://twitter.com/beatonna/media?lang=en) she just released a children's book and has been doing a tour to classrooms and libraries and stuff to promote it and read to kids. She's been doing a bunch of comics about all the crazy poo poo the kids have been saying. These are the last couple she's done.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
"Uncle 504, daddies getting a new motorbike!!!!!!!!!"

"Is he?"

"Yeah, 'cause the other one is hosed"

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Rhyming with my son yesterday:
Me: You ara a funky funky funky monkey!
Kid: You are a cunty cunty cunty bunty!

drat son. Also when I sent that to my wife she agreed with him.

Also on the topic of drawings, my son also has a picture of a building and it is on fire. Then the teacher superimposed a picture of him smiling with his red crayon over the top of it. Also its two buildings. Two tall buildings ...

Basically it looks like my child is standing over the top of the burning twin towers with a demonic grin on his face like "look what I did!"

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Keystoned posted:

Also on the topic of drawings, my son also has a picture of a building and it is on fire. Then the teacher superimposed a picture of him smiling with his red crayon over the top of it. Also its two buildings. Two tall buildings ...

Basically it looks like my child is standing over the top of the burning twin towers with a demonic grin on his face like "look what I did!"

The mental picture this created is honestly the funniest thing my imagination has come up with all week. The superposition had to have been on purpose, holy poo poo.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Keystoned posted:

Please post?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The kid we babysit noticed a bunch of shot glasses we had drying on the counter, and asked "Why do you have baby glasses?"

I explained that they are called shot glasses, and that they are for big boys and girls when they don't want to drink a lot of something. He seemed to accept that.

Few hours later, his mom calls us. Evidently the kid thinks he's a big boy (at 5), so when asked about what he wanted to drink with his snack, he replied "I'm not too thirsty, can I get a shot glass of apple juice?"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Haha I did almost the same thing regarding shot glasses when I was roughly kindergarten age... my grandparents had shot glasses that looked like miniature wood-handled beer mugs (similar to the ones below) and eventually I whined enough to be served chocolate milk in them several times

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

My uncle had a collection of high end German beer steins and I never understood why I wasn't allowed to drink from them. They're cups, but with attached lids that flip open! I didn't get why they didn't use them all the time.

I mean how could you not want to drink chocolate milk out of that all day long?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Caedus posted:

My uncle had a collection of high end German beer steins and I never understood why I wasn't allowed to drink from them. They're cups, but with attached lids that flip open! I didn't get why they didn't use them all the time.

I mean how could you not want to drink chocolate milk out of that all day long?

legit question that needs to be answered.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

builds character posted:

legit question that needs to be answered.

They're heavy and probably expensive, the likelihood of a kid breaking them is high. I have a nice beer stein that I frequently use for coffee and water though, so yeah, if it's your stein go nuts, but I wouldn't let my nephew use it.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

MisterBibs posted:

The kid we babysit noticed a bunch of shot glasses we had drying on the counter, and asked "Why do you have baby glasses?"

I explained that they are called shot glasses, and that they are for big boys and girls when they don't want to drink a lot of something. He seemed to accept that.

Few hours later, his mom calls us. Evidently the kid thinks he's a big boy (at 5), so when asked about what he wanted to drink with his snack, he replied "I'm not too thirsty, can I get a shot glass of apple juice?"
My friend and her kid and I were sitting around the bar in my basement when the kid was about 3. Kid wanted to try her mom's kombucha, so she poured a little into a shot glass. I thought this was cute, so started taking pictures just as the kid gulped it down, grimaced, slammed the glass down, threw her head back and made a series of dramatic faces about how gross it was. You would think from the pictures that we had actually given a preschooler a shot of hard liquor.

Last week, I went out to eat with my kids, and the 9yo was finished first and got bored. He sighed, "I just can't wait till I can go home, take my shirt off, and watch some YouTube."

Apparently my child is a 30-something neckbeard.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

pookel posted:

Last week, I went out to eat with my kids, and the 9yo was finished first and got bored. He sighed, "I just can't wait till I can go home, take my shirt off, and watch some YouTube."

Apparently my child is a 30-something neckbeard.

Couple months ago we were out with a nephew and his parents, and he spent all of dinner watching minecraft LPers. And he didn't want to go get ice cream because he wanted to play minecraft on my computer. Due to various allergies he'd never had real good ice cream, but we took him to a place with legit vegan ice cream, and he learned the folly of his ways

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

My three-year-old niece told me recently that when she grows up, she would like to be a schoolbus. :3:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

My three-year-old niece told me recently that when she grows up, she would like to be a schoolbus. :3:

Please teach her to say, in the fiercest way possible, " VROOM VROOM, MOTHER FUCKER!" Then record it and post it here. Please and thank you.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My daughter has a guitar and likes to make up songs to sing. She decided to sing about her 2-year-old brother. I've transcribed the lyrics.

"OHHHH, why does my brother take boogies out of his nose?
They're disgusting, oh yeeaaaahhh.
That's why 'Brother! Stop it!'
You say 'Brother! Stop it!' 'Brother! Stop it!'
Oohhhhh that's disgusting brother, oh yeaaahhh
It. Is. DIS. GUS. TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING."

Brother: *claps* "Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!" :buddy:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

U-DO Burger posted:

My daughter has a guitar and likes to make up songs to sing. She decided to sing about her 2-year-old brother. I've transcribed the lyrics.

"OHHHH, why does my brother take boogies out of his nose?
They're disgusting, oh yeeaaaahhh.
That's why 'Brother! Stop it!'
You say 'Brother! Stop it!' 'Brother! Stop it!'
Oohhhhh that's disgusting brother, oh yeaaahhh
It. Is. DIS. GUS. TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING."

Brother: *claps* "Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!" :buddy:

It's the yay that sells this one for me :kimchi:

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
quote 1 (colors are hard edition):
me (pointing to something in a book): "what color is this?"
2.5 year old: "three"

quote 2 (what the loving am I doing edition):
4 year old, screaming to 2.5 year old in the bath tub, while spreading her butt cheeks: "PUT IT MY ANUS!"

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

A Spider Covets posted:

I've determined that one of the kids I work with, age 7, wants to be either a fireman or a dachshund.

Same place of work, a younger boy brutally owned me by telling me that I must be the oldest of the staff and volunteers because "[my] belly is the fattest."

Dr Snofeld has a new favorite as of 12:01 on Oct 30, 2016

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Saw this one in my facebook memories, from the day after Hurricane Sandy:

"Hey Avery, did it get windy at your house yesterday?"
"Yeah, we had like... a HUNDRED winds!"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I work in a kindergarten. A couple of days ago two little girls, one two years old and one not quite two yet, got into a heated argument because one of them exclaimed "Mommy and daddy come get [her name]". This didn't sit well with the other girl who knew for a fact that mommy and daddy were going to come get her and since there could only be one mommy and daddy the other girl was lying so she pointed at her self and said "No! Mommy, daddy! Car! Mommy, daddy!".

This went back and forth for quite a while.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Practicing idioms:

STUDENT 1: "Why are you so blue?"
STUDENT 2: *going off-script* :byodame: "BECAUSE I'M AVATAR!" :byodame:

Also, out of NOWHERE, one of my kids just ran up to me and shouted, "FLETA! I WANNA TOUCH YOUR BOOB!" and ran away. She's fifteen. My boss was right there. Also, why only one?

e: This doesn't exactly go here, but it's amusing nonetheless.

Our office overlooks the kindergarten and they have super-loud speakers. Usually, they play a horrible selection of whining, repetitive kids' songs, but today they are playing a wonderful Halloween playlist that consists of a Marilyn Manson cover of This Is Halloween, the Phantom of the Opera, various clips from the Luigi's Mansion soundtrack...and Superfreak. Lots and lots of Superfreak. I have heard Superfreak at least seven times today. I don't know if it's less appropriate for school or for Halloween, but I am considering going over and socking all of the teachers right in the clam for making such a lovely playlist.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 08:37 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
From a friend of mine: "[Child] didn't want to blow his nose so he ripped the tissue in half and told me he couldn't do it because the tissue is "broken.""