Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
what if the government will approve the tax hike for the stadium but not for increased welfare spending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Volkerball posted:

what if the government will approve the tax hike for the stadium but not for increased welfare spending

Killdoze your city hall.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/761719532993904640

This site needs FAA approval which at the last meeting was said to take months. Now that Oakland/Ronnie Lott's group are meeting and poo poo, I don't see Las Vegas Raiders being a reality :(

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lessail posted:

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/761719532993904640

This site needs FAA approval which at the last meeting was said to take months. Now that Oakland/Ronnie Lott's group are meeting and poo poo, I don't see Las Vegas Raiders being a reality :(

Ronnie Lott's group wants majority ownership of the Raiders as part of their deal, so it's not going to happen if there's any alternative whatsoever. But the NFL is definitely trying to strong-arm Mark into stepping down and letting that deal go through, so we'll see what happens.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Very excited to have football back in Los Angeles. Great job, everybody. We did it.

http://www.sbsun.com/sports/20160816/3-arrested-1-hospitalized-after-first-la-rams-preseason-game

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
look at dem bomb rear end tittays

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

sam bradford lmao posted:

look at dem bomb rear end tittays

I want to know why the camera-left boob is so saggy

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Say what you will about Jeff Fisher, but I respect him for taking matters into his own hands and breaking up that fight. Can't have too many distractions.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Very excited to have football back in Los Angeles. Great job, everybody. We did it.

http://www.sbsun.com/sports/20160816/3-arrested-1-hospitalized-after-first-la-rams-preseason-game

I kind of liked the rep the raiders had from their days in LA. Now the pinche Rams are trying to steal our thunder?

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Very excited to have football back in Los Angeles. Great job, everybody. We did it

God drat, do a push-up.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Cowboy fans the clear instigators!

I will bet $1 trillion in Trumpcoins that all the people fighting are converted Raider fans. Also how did someone smuggle in CANS of Coors Light?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Keyser S0ze posted:

Cowboy fans the clear instigators!

I will bet $1 trillion in Trumpcoins that all the people fighting are converted Raider fans. Also how did someone smuggle in CANS of Coors Light?

This is the biggest shame. Come back to the nation friends.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Loved the little dig in Hard Knocks ep 2. Some dude's wife commenting that there's way more fans attending the preseason game than they would have had in St. Louis. Just a little NFL boosterism. Also portraying Kroenke as this beloved figure.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/768823182128062464?lang=en

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
FWIW, rumours are UFC staff are joking about "being able to get Raiders tickets" after the UFC sale.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/768809772762095616

gently caress it get it done

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The important determining factor:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It was supposed to be the Mojave Raiders you fucks.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

this looks p cool but please don't ever use the raiders logo as the a in raiders

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
ROIDERS

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Volkerball posted:

this looks p cool but please don't ever use the raiders logo as the a in raiders
yeah that's super dumb

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Can we have one non dome stadium please

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Yeah, in the desert!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Top Hats Monthly posted:

This worked well for Levis, only one person died from the elements.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

NC-17 posted:

Yeah, in the desert!

Don't move to a wasteland

Spoeank posted:

This worked well for Levis, only one person died from the elements.

Maybe they should consume fluids or seek shelter during a storm

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Don't build a dome stadium/don't be out in the heat. Two thoughts that somehow coexist.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Only play night games. Problem solved.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Why does everyone use loving glass all over now? The Colts stadium is one of the most obnoxious to watch games in because of that terrible grid on the field thanks to giant loving windows. It's garbage.

edit
VVVV
supporting this move

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 25, 2016

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
They should make a huge stained glass thing so as the sun sets the away team's endzone looks like it's on fire post-raid.

Or whatever. Generic glass is a waste in Vegas because you're either looking at boring wasteland or competing advertisements.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
All stadiums should make games look like this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dallas-cowboys-patriots-att-stadium-sun-photos-2015-10

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The game looks like poo poo on my television though. Or Lucas Oil always does, I forget whether or not that game was as bad.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this could be an onion article

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ron Jeremy posted:

The important determining factor:

Seems more up the Chargers alley than the Raiders to be honest

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Which Charger game will be the most surreal to attend, against the Saints on October 2nd, the Titans on Nov 6, or the Bucaneers on December 4?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Rick posted:

Which Charger game will be the most surreal to attend, against the Saints on October 2nd, the Titans on Nov 6, or the Bucaneers on December 4?

The Saints game is gonna be super fun. It's Brees' first game back in San Diego since he left in 2005

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spoeank posted:

Seems more up the Chargers alley than the Raiders to be honest

Mark Davis goes to PF Chang's a couple times a week iirc.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Mark Davis goes to PF Chang's a couple times a week iirc.

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/5633634

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Sorry, I think you meant to post this photo

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

The Glumslinger posted:

Sorry, I think you meant to post this photo

I swear if San Diego's proposal looked like that it would get all the votes in a just world.

Also the roof in the Las Vegas system should work like the Fremont Street Experience, complete with zip line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
San Diego ready has a building that looks like that. Thankfully, Mission Brewery Plaza is on the opposite side of downtown and most locals are too stupid to know that it even exists.

I'd be down with a mission style facade downtown purely because it means Mission Brewing in the Wonderbread building would fit right in.

• Locked thread