Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

True, actually.

turn yourself in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I haven't been less turned on since I slept with my best friend's girlfriend.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Nickiepoo posted:

There's good anime, but more than anything else the whole genre has been totally ruined by the nerds who obsessively watch it.

'No waifus? This is poo poo-tier garbage!' - Anime nerd watching anything actually good.

It's agravating that sometimes I'll catch the first part of an anime and be like, "Wow, this doesn't look like complete poo poo" and then some goddamn school girl bullshit happens

It's a show about demon genocide, wtf

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My Brother in law was over last week and I told him to go ahead and put whatever on tv while I did some work around the house. He randomly picked some anime, it started out fine and then the main character started dressing an adult woman who didn't know how to use clothes because she was a cat person or something.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I dunno. anime is trash

but then we made seinfeild, so maybe we are the trash

makes u think

http://i.imgur.com/3eizJGT.gifv

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

I dunno. anime is trash

makes u think

Is wind resistance making the difference? Or is there some kind of trick at play?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Self respect is pretty heavy, so once you toss whatever is left over after spandex and padded-crotch panty shorts, you can really zoom zoom

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

It's agravating that sometimes I'll catch the first part of an anime and be like, "Wow, this doesn't look like complete poo poo" and then some goddamn school girl bullshit happens

It's a show about demon genocide, wtf

I once tried to watch something with robots that 10 minutes in had chicks being plants that had to sit naked in tanning rooms while the camera lingered on them and was like nope that's enough anime for this lifetime bye.

So I feel your pain, yeah.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Count Roland posted:

Is wind resistance making the difference? Or is there some kind of trick at play?
"Joe, what's the idea? Everyone's carb loading and you eating beans?"
*Joe smiles enigmatically*

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nickiepoo posted:

I once tried to watch something with robots that 10 minutes in had chicks being plants that had to sit naked in tanning rooms while the camera lingered on them and was like nope that's enough anime for this lifetime bye.

So I feel your pain, yeah.

I was like that with the JoJo hysteria. Goons were all acting like it was the gay anime second coming, so I gave it a shot.

Two episodes in some dude roasts a loving dog to death.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
One Punch Man is exactly as good as everybody says though. It was the first time since Lupin the 3rd was on Adult Swim that I've sat through a whole season of an anime show.

I don't know if OPM counts though since it's making fun of anime. It's basically to anime what The Tick was to American superhero cartoons.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
anime is just cartoons

Unfortunately 99% of it is made by losers for losers.

WITH THIS SAID, one punch man is cool and good because it is a comedy about a bald goon doing ultraviolence. It's good if you grew up watching dragonball z like i did

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

One Punch Man is ok and has some encoded layer in its visuals that makes goons masturbate to it furiously.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I dunno. anime is trash

makes u think

Motherfucker wishes he was on a Lotus Sport Type 110.

But then so do I.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Anime is poop because even when a cool concept shows up, fat nerds come by and add wank fodder to it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

w00tmonger posted:

Anime is poop because even when a cool concept shows up, fat nerds come by and add wank fodder to it

http://imgur.com/gallery/npYzJ

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You could try not watching anime that involves sexualizing schoolgirls. It's not like there's any shortage of it.

I suggest Grave of the Fireflies

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Gorilla Salad posted:

I was like that with the JoJo hysteria. Goons were all acting like it was the gay anime second coming, so I gave it a shot.

I did what people suggested and went straight to season 3.

You could have made the whole show 3/5ths shorter if they got rid of the scenes of the characters stating what just happened WHEN YOU JUST SAW IT HAPPEN, and all the scenes where one person goes 'hrum?!' 'urwah?!' 'mgmph?!' and stand around for a whole minute with their eyes vibrating intensely.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Then each episode would only be like 5 min long

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Fake quotes, but a fabulous documentary. https://www.netflix.com/title/80025391

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Chill with the GoT spoilers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

#JeSuisSmolensk

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
gently caress your anime.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Gorilla Salad posted:

That was actually the first episode, shitlord :colbert:

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

CodeJanitor posted:

gently caress your anime.

What are this from?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
The Little Prince adaptation on Netflix. Notable for being about 2/5 a story about a young girl who reads the titular story, 1/5 an amazingly gorgeous direct adaptation of the story, and the last 2/5 fan fiction of the original story featuring the girl from the other 2/5.

Personally, I think it works as a story about a girl and her interpretation and understanding of the story, and less the story about the Little Prince, despite the title. Point being, it's about how when you're young you want there to be happy endings, or to be a part of those big adventures. It's about the escapism you find in the influential tales from your youth. Though others take it as a perversion of the original tale for the sake of making something marketable.

Note: the parts directly adapting the original story are in stop-motion.
http://i.imgur.com/f02XQQH.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/VfxI6ct.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/MYGKU0w.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/eev9NaT.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/tHtVHDm.gifv

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Aug 26, 2016

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This is why you don't invite Clark Kent to your bicycle race.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Count Roland posted:

What do you mean? They're going downhill if that's what you're asking.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

duz posted:

What do you mean? They're going downhill if that's what you're asking.

The cyclist lying flat has less surface area creating drag.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hey Keith quit slacking off we're practicing!

*hgnnnnnnnnnndontbothermeI'mplankingggrrrrrrrrrghhnnnnnnnn*

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

What is happening here? Motion vectors being multiplied or something?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Beside the datamoshing you mean?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The cyclist lying flat has less surface area creating drag.

Aren't they also on fixies?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Karate Bastard posted:

Beside the datamoshing you mean?

That doesn't look like "traditional" datamoshing to me. There is no repeated motion. It looks smooth, but exaggerated

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Wheany posted:

That doesn't look like "traditional" datamoshing to me. There is no repeated motion. It looks smooth, but exaggerated

Datamoshing is just removing keyframes and letting the vectors go wild.
You are probably more familiar with the ones changing to a different scene.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The repeated motion is just the gif looping.

E: I guess the term datamoshing just comes from doing tomfuckery to the file format, as opposed to manipulating the movie in a proper video editing program, which does the right thing to the files, as opposed to doing the wrong thing to the files, as you do in datamoshing.

I guess if you found a way to multiply all the vectors by a factor two or something it'd still be datamoshing?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 11:24 on Aug 27, 2016

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Karate Bastard posted:

I guess if you found a way to multiply all the vectors by a factor two or something it'd still be datamoshing?

Well, the data formats are standardized, you would "only" need to make a parser that can edit the motion vectors

And no, I was no talking about gif loops, I was talking about this, where the same motion is repeated in concurrent frames.

Also I know of "scene changing" daamoshing too, I was not talking about that either:

That other gif looks like this gif, only "exaggerated"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I think it's just regular datamoshing, but since in the original gif Eastwood ends the cigar chewing motion on the same static expression it was easy to make it "loop" back to the regular image.

The reason his whole face doesn't get sucked into the void the way you usually see in datamoshing is probably because there isn't a whole lot of pixels being moved around when he moves his face. That's why for a few frames you see his perfectly normal teeth in the middle of the weird moshed-up face, they're not moving at all.

e: They probably also used that exact gif that Wheany posted, which was already cleaned up to where only the parts that move are even animated.