Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

zoux posted:

Then they got someone who's pretty good at mimicking him finally.

Most likely just bought @deepdrumpf

Edit: It's last tweet was August 20th. Suspicious...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Dexo posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if Turnout was as good or better.

Black people generally hate/fear Trump as much if not more than they Love Obama. Also more black people in the voting pool just on demographics alone.

My problem is all my black friends are Nation of Islam anti woman, bow tie wearing libertarian, don't believe in voting, or weird Bernouts.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

That'd be brilliant, I'd love to go around different places with David Attenborough speaking about stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh this is hella not giving cover to your nominee Reince.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

greatn posted:

My problem is all my black friends are Nation of Islam anti woman, bow tie wearing libertarian, don't believe in voting, or weird Bernouts.

Ask them do they think the Trump endorsed militia grab-n-deport groups will care about their political views.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Hate to borrow something from a post in this thread from what feels like a decade ago:

This is like when the raptors in Jurassic Park learn to open doors.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

zoux posted:

How exactly do you "legalize" undocumented immigrants without providing a pathway to citizenship?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Augus posted:

How exactly do you "legalize" undocumented immigrants without providing a pathway to citizenship?

The Running Man.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Augus posted:

It just means they're allowed to stay here forever but they can't ever vote (for Democrats.)

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I hope this speech is a taste of what we can expect from the debates.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Augus posted:

Work permits that let your employer control your life! Or maybe just second class citizens?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

zoux posted:

Alcohol and desperation makes people say strange things.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Augus posted:

Slaves by a different name.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Supercar Gautier posted:

Hillary: "Let me list the ways Mr Trump has lied to you all........."

Host: "Your time is up, thank you. Mr. Trump, your response."

Trump: "Hillary is a doodyhead! I'm winning this debate!".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Transcript if you missed it

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

I hope she tries to just stay on policy as much as she can and then every time he goes personal, hit back with these sober fact based owns.

I think policy discussions are where Trump actually can get the most owned. Because the media and the viewer loves feeling smart so if Trump get baited on a policy topic, a moment where he fucks up some basic civic fact in trying to weasel around on a dumb budget negotiation question is far worse than Clinton demanding he apologize to the judge.

Just image if he made his previous comments about the wrong number of articles in the constitution but in a debate where he can get called on it and he might not back down or he might try to hand wave it away. No matter what: a disaster.

And there are so many stupid land mines like that in US civics. Like the limits on recess appointments. Or the national guard. Or loving treaty authority.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I can't believe I'm saying it but Trump has let me down with his milquetoast tweets along the lines of "SHE LIES!" and "NO U". Maybe he'll actually try later tonight :(.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you don't have the time to read the whole transcript or listen to the speech, here's the key moment
https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/768913468946800640

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

davebo posted:

It just means they're allowed to stay here forever but they can't ever vote (for Democrats.)

This really. They get to stay and be exploited forever and get no chance to vote because that would mean bad things for the GOP.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Geostomp posted:

This really. They get to stay and be exploited forever and get no chance to vote because that would mean bad things for the GOP.

Also presumably some way to get around birthright citizenship too

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My friends, there are going to be a lot of alt right trolls out there in the next few days. Use this in health, and protect yourself.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Geostomp posted:

It's their kids, Marty! Something has to be dune about their kids!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Kafka Esq. posted:

Hate to borrow something from a post in this thread from what feels like a decade ago:

This is like when the raptors in Jurassic Park learn to open doors.

That scene lost a lot of punch when I found out my friend's cat figured out how to open doors.

She also knows where the laser dot comes from and gets mad when you take away her toy :ohdear:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So would it be safe to say today's speech was a warmup for how she's going to handle Trump in the debates?

nutranurse posted:

My question is why on earth would the university's administration think this move wouldn't lead to the story getting even more traction. Are university administrators that loving disconnected from the real world?

Their argument for the lawsuit includes protecting victim-survivors and it sounds like the two victims in this case aren't buying it. This lawsuit has a better chance of getting the Feds to come dig in to the University (and the professor) more than it has to win against the school news paper.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Bill Clinton

just having fun out there, making it look natural and then oops he showed some lady his penis

Favre never won the big game though.

John Kerry is Brett Favre. Been in the game for a long time, came close to winning it all but still lost in the end.
(Biden also works I guess)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Augus posted:

Service guarantees citizenship.

But seriously it's their kids will get born here which makes them citizens and nothing pisses people off quite like knowing you treated their parents like trash for no goddamn reason

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Barudak posted:

Service guarantees citizenship.

But seriously it's their kids will get born here which makes them citizens and nothing pisses people off quite like knowing you treated their parents like trash for no goddamn reason

Ending birthright citizenship is also a big GOP goal.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

zoux posted:

Ending birthright citizenship is also a big GOP goal.

So long as it applies solely to non-white people, of course.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I can't believe I'm saying it but Trump has let me down with his milquetoast tweets along the lines of "SHE LIES!" and "NO U". Maybe he'll actually try later tonight :(.

Incredibly, none of those were actually from Trump (unless he's started using iOS again)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Geostomp posted:

So long as it applies solely to non-white people, of course.

Uh I said "GOP"

Moatman posted:

Incredibly, none of those were actually from Trump (unless he's started using iOS again)

Here's another not him tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/768922208987127808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

Jeeez, you run with a weird crowd.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Favre never won the big game though.

I suggest you check out Super Bowl XXXI.

According to the Times article on the speech this begins a new strategy:

NYTimes posted:

Her campaign has also moved to confront other Republicans with Mr. Trump’s most provocative statements.

John D. Podesta, Mrs. Clinton’s campaign chairman, said that “Republicans up and down the ticket are going to have to choose whether they want to be complicit in this lurch toward extremism, or stand with the voters who can’t stomach it.”

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

You have some form of guest worker status and alter your visa program.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Which is extra funny since he's spent the week calling Hillary a bigot.

Trump's NO U campaign strategy is getting really irritating actually.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pakled posted:

When Georgia was on the verge of passing a campus carry bill a few months back (it got vetoed by the governor, thank God), I spoke to a professor who said he genuinely feared for his and his TAs' safety if the bill passed, because they have to deal with emotional students breaking down and begging for better grades all the drat time.
What does he teach? In 5 semesters of teaching undergrads, I never had one come to my office asking for a better grade.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Radish posted:

Which is extra funny since he's spent the week calling Hillary a bigot.

He literally called her a bigot five minutes ago again on AC 360.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/768926039288508416
lol

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I'd love to see her bolt and do a two hour show with Rachel Maddow on Sundays. Revive the old cross-fire format.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Josef bugman posted:

That'd be brilliant, I'd love to go around different places with David Attenborough speaking about stuff.

Being that it's about US parks I'd probably go with Sam Elliot for this particular tour, but yeah, nature documentaries are awesome as is, doing a VR one would be amazing.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Wait I thought Trump wasn't on AC360 again til later tonight?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Josh Lyman posted:

What does he teach? In 5 semesters of teaching undergrads, I never had one come to my office asking for a better grade.

Public policy. So he might be a bit more opinionated on the issue than most professors :v:. He's been doing it for like 15 years, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Radish posted:

It really is just no fun, because it's predictable. Hopefully Hillary has a brutal soundbite-sized takedown of it prepared for the debates.

• Locked thread